Start by marking “The Many Adventures of Peter and Fi Volume I: Homecoming” as Want to Read:
The Many Adventures of Peter and Fi Volume I: Homecoming

The Many Adventures of Peter and Fi Volume I: Homecoming

Follow Peter and Fi as they work together, each searching for something uniquely special to them through the four kingdoms of their known world. It’s a tale of fantastical beasts, peculiar characters, remarkable settings, and a unique brand of biochemistry-based magic. A story that focuses on meaningful character interactions, delicate world building, and intense action ba ...more
Published December 14th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Many Adventures of Peter and Fi Volume I, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Many Adventures of Peter and Fi Volume I

Start your review of The Many Adventures of Peter and Fi Volume I: Homecoming
Vishnu Chevli
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: listen
When I had compared my yearly, quarterly & monthly book read logs, I realized that compared to 2017, year on year I was/am reading fewer books. From 70+ in 2017, I am around 40-45 books now. At the same time guilt of not able to read kept increasing, to cover the lost/missed pages I needed an option.

Around that time I came upon a mail by "Kelvyn Fernandes" about his book "The Many Adventures of Peter and Fi Volume I: Homecoming". I had little time and about to decline a request when I saw the au
Esther
Jul 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Thanks to the author for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Peter and Fi sure do live through a lot of adventures. You get dropped into the action right away. I love how Peter has some crazy skills and Fi is adorable with her big ears. I do feel with some additions and less violence this could also be a great series for Middle Grades!

A longer review can be found at Bite Into Books

Great world building and lots of adventure. If you're a Fantasy/Adventure fan, yo
Andrew Rowe
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Preamble

The discussion of how this book came to find itself on my radar is a testament to how human beings are vain creatures and the truth of the old adage, 'flattery will get you everywhere.' Kelvyn reached out, told me that he enjoyed my reviews of The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin and Lord of Light by Roger Zelazny, and offered me a review copy of his debut novel, The Many Adventures of Peter and Fi. My ego sufficiently stroked by Kelvyn's kind words, I accepted. I checked out the link he sen
Jon
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic, action, characters, and magic system. Compelling plot without succumbing to the usual cliches; definitely brings something new and exciting to the genre.
Jenna | Bookmark Your Thoughts
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star
"You’ve only scratched the surface of what you’re capable of."

I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review; thank you for the opportunity to read and review this novel. This in no way sways my review or opinion of the novel.

Fernandes reached out to me earlier this year, asking if I would be interested in reading his adventure novel. Honestly, I was going to decline --- I've been trying to not accept as many free copies and ARC's this year, since I currently own so many other books I'm
Rinaldo
Jun 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
3.5/5

This review is a part of TBRindr initiated by Weatherwax Report. I received a copy of this book in exchange to an honest review.

This book was a nice and light read. The plot follows the adventures of Peter (a bubble mage) accompanying Fi (a rabbit-eared chimera/demihuman) to her home. Chimeras are seen as abominations, so both Peter and Fi have to employ all of their wits and knowledge in order to survive.

The world feels like standard Medieval European fantasy setting with fairly unique flo
Anna K. Scott
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5/5 stars

When the author first reached out to me, I wasn't sure that this would really be my kind of book (though really, my kind of book is hardly a small niche...). From the cover, I thought this might be aimed at younger readers (it's not really), and I thought it would be some light-hearted fun and hey, I like to try new things. And there was light-hearted fun, but also man-eating plants, a creepy princess with a twisted tea party... oh, and (view spoiler)
Valicity Elaine
The first thing I want to discuss with this book is the cover. I absolutely love the front cover! It is very beautiful artwork that vividly portrays the characters and the world they live in. I must be honest and say I was not drawn to this book because the author simply asked me to review it. I was not attracted to this piece of literature because of the description given to me by Mr. Fernandes. I was solely inspired to read this book because of the cover.

The only thing I will say I didn’t lik
Axel
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
C.D. Tavenor
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Many Adventures of Peter and Fi, Volume I: Homecoming, by Kelvyn Fernandes, is one of the first books Two Doctors Review received as a review request under our new review policy.

I think it sets the bar pretty high.

I listened to this tale on audiobook, and the narration is spot-on. What makes this story a truly wonderful experience, though, is that within the first chapter, you recognize the dynamic between the titular characters, Peter and Fi, and quickly begin to care about both of them.
Traveler-San
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So, what did I think of it? Well, I came into this expecting a whimsical lighthearted story. It gave me that sort of feel at first, but wow when I got to chapter 3 that thought disappeared. Your writing and world building is both enchanting and able to give chills in a visceral way. When I thought you couldn’t top it you showed me (SPOILER CONTENT, SO I’LL PUT THIS COMMENT AT THE END OF THE REVIEW) you have quite the imagination. Even your mages are fascinating. They feel more like a member of t ...more
Christopher Schmitz
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I recently got an audio version of Kelvyn Fernandes’ book The Many Adventures of Peter and Fi. It was the perfect adventure for my recent road trip—something that the characters themselves also seemed to find themselves on, of a sort.
Fernandes’ does a good job of crafting an original feeling fantasy world, but also keeping it familiar enough that we are not pushed out of the story. I typically enjoy anything with a goblin element and so the first tale of their plundering a goblin king’s treasure
M1xvisbadatbooks
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So uh...i'm not too much of a reader, so this review might not do justice. But anyways. BOOK👏 REVIEW👏

I think the story was incredibly enjoyable. Quite impressive considering it's the first book of the author. The characters don't feel like walking cliches, but each are unique individuals with interesting stories to tell. Especially both of our protagonists

The action scenes are dynamic, the worldbuilding is artistically described by the author, the tone can be wholesome and spinechilling at the s
Duarte Gameiro
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As someone said, i got word of the book in the odd reddit ways, after the kind words from Kelvyn towards my artwork, he asked if i could do some artwork for his book and asked if i wanted to read it. I regret not one bit stopping everyday a couple minutes to read another chapter, getting every time deeper and more connected to the story.
Great characters, great development, great story in general.
I recommend this book to whoever out there is looking for a good fantasy book to read in a good coupl
Amy Shannon
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Entertaining

Fernandes writes a grandly entertaining adventure in The Many Adventures of Peter and Fi. It was an enjoyable, easy and fast-paced read. I liked the characters, and how they were brought to life. It was full of action and adventure, while taking the reader on a journey. A wonderful fantasy story that brings the reader into the imagination of this author. Very well written, and while character and plot driven. A great read. Definitely, a great read. I look forward to reading more by t
Dan Man
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A tale of friendship, magic, reality distorting characters and otherworldly beasts and settings. A book that keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering what’s going to happen next. A new magic system that is completely out of the ordinary, creative, and just super fun! Character development is done exceedingly well and the way the author has us going back and forth through present and past to learn about Peter and Fi is riveting. Absolutely would recommend to anyone who is into fantasy stories ...more
Chris
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this so much I read it in 1 sitting! Story moved at a lightning pace while never feeling rushed or not fleshed out. Very intriguing world and characters. Loved how the magic system incorporated biology/chemistry. The plot kept me guessing and craving more. Fantastic debut from Mr. Fernandes. I am eagerly anticipating the next installment.
C.J. Heckman
Jul 02, 2019 rated it liked it
The first volume of Peter and Fi's adventures chronicles the titular characters journey to and across the continent of Perona. The novel begins “in media res” with Peter and Fi raiding a goblin horde for the gold they need to book passage across the strait of Chorus. This opening chapter pretty clearly sets the reader's expectations for the rest of the book. Each chapter reads like an episodic installment in an adventure serial. The book lends itself to being read in chunks, which I enjoyed, but ...more
Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy from the Author. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. Can Peter and Fi find what they are seeking?
The Many Adventures of Peter and Fi: Homecoming by Kelvyn Fernandes is the first book in a series that is an exciting fantasy twist. Peter Prescott is our main male character, who is a mage and is trying to help Fi, who is our main female character to get back home. The fantasy part is not only about the magic, and th
Dianthaa
Mar 26, 2019 rated it liked it
I got some mixed feelings, some parts I liked, some I didn’t get along with great.

The parts I liked

The main characters Peter and Fi are cool and mysterious, I want to follow them and find out more. Peter's a mage whose unique power is to make bubbles. It's an odd magical power but it's super interesting to see how he applies it to all sorts of situations, such as combat or transportation.

Fi's a chimera, so from the beginning of the book I wanted to know what was up with that. She's also a spunk
Katy
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is for people who: like a good adventure story that isn't afraid to get dark, like fascinating magic systems, and don't mind the odd wrong word or strange turn of phrase.

I liked this book a lot. I was a little hesitant at first since it seemed like more of a middle grade book, and I don't typically read middle grade, but the author reached out to me, offering a free read, so I decided to give it a try.

The story follows Peter and Fi as they are on a mysterious quest (actually, more tha
LiteratureIsLife
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Read this review (and others) at: https://literatureislife.com/2019/08/...

The Many Adventures of Peter and Fi was provided to me by the author in exchange for an honest review.

When author Kelvyn Fernandes contacted me, I was unfamiliar with his work. But the pretty cover art of Peter and Fi attracted my curiosity plus I am looking for new fantasy stories. Thanks to an e-reader I borrowed from a buddy, I had the means to read the story as well. It had been a while since I had read a brand-new fan
Samantha
Apr 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-popsugar-rc
I won this book through a Member Giveaway via LibraryThing. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are my own.

The Many Adventures of Peter and Fi Volume 1: The Homecoming takes us on an adventure filled with lots of magic and weird creatures. We get to travel with our two fearless leaders as they fight battles and deal with evil people and creatures. With the help of some new friends, the pair is able to win many fierce battles and ultimately survive their trials so far.

This book wa
Lin Ryals
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Plot (4 Stars): This is such a fun fantasy story! It was very original, which was pretty exciting. I loved the way the mages got their power. The Hollow Wind went through them and gifted them with a power. The main character, Peter, is a Bubble Mage. Yes, you read that right. A bubble mage. He has the magic of bubbles. When I first heard that, I had to pause it and ask the family if I understood. I did. He has the magic of bubbles. It turned out to be a pretty handy gift to have.

There were time
Sam
Apr 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: review
*Disclaimer* I was financially compensated for this review. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own and not influenced by the author and/or its affiliates in any way.

The book, The Many Adventures of Peter and Fi Volume I: Homecoming by Kelvyn Fernandes, is about a mage named Peter and a chimera named Fi who banned together to work towards their individual goals to search for something. While they are searching, they encounter wild and dangerous creatures while also landing themselves in s
Rosie Rizk
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm finding it hard to pinpoint an exact description for this book. It's an episodic adventure, where Peter and Fi are traveling to another country in search of something important to Fi, but what that is isn't disclosed until near the end of the book. It's guessable, but one still needs to wait till that last part to get the full story. Until then, we're just escaping from one escapade to another.

I like Fi. She's s fun loving rabbit kind of character. Very human, but she's supremely athletic an
Ruinatiion
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really think the book could use a better cover. It's a huge turn off and does not represent the book very well. The cover says furry fanfiction to me and it's not even close.

The book is the story of a mage, Peter, and his young companion Fi. The drive behind their adventures is to return Fi to her family but it is more of an excuse to have many small conflicts and resolutions. This makes the book a fun and exciting read as it's non stop action. It almost feels like a bunch of short stories, w
Kyle Dougherty
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tbrindr
A light-hearted and fun adventure in a fantastical world. 3.5/5

This book is a quick fun read that takes place over a few smaller story lines and focuses on Peter, a mage, and Fi, a rabbit eared Chimaera. The book does a good job setting up its characters and world. The stories are enjoyable but I often found them feeling a bit short.

The magic system set up in this book is unique and feels more like mages are mutants with different powers that can utilize. The world building throughout this is de
CR
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My Review: When I first downloaded this I thought it was going to be one killer graphic novel. I mean look at that cover!!! But once I cracked that cover (well ebook cover) I soon realized that this was not that. So I dived in and started reading and man was this good. And now I kind of wished that it would have been a graphic novel because now I need real photos to go with this killer title.

This book is fairly short just under 300 pages. And it one title that I had a hard time putting down and
Agnes
Mar 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, arcs, 2019-reads
I received a copy of this book from the author and this is my voluntary review.

The title and cheery cover had me expecting a lighthearted fantasy adventure story, and the first chapters sort of matched that expectation, in spite of being a bit darker than I expected. But the middle chapters were quite dark, and I think do require a trigger warning.

Still, in spite of some quite dark parts, I found the story enjoyable, and quite liked the main characters Peter and Fi. Definitely a book that can be
Reviewed by Tremendous Book Reviews 1 2 Jun 08, 2019 09:43AM

• The Yoga of Strength (The Yoga Trilogy #1)
  • Touch of Smoke
  • Never Die
  • Orconomics (The Dark Profit Saga, #1)
  • They Mostly Come Out at Night (Yarnsworld, #1)
  • Knightmare Arcanist (Frith Chronicles, #1)
  • Silver in the Wood (The Greenhollow Duology, #1)
  • Balam, Spring (Ustlian Tales #1)
  • Mira's Griffin
  • Occultist (Saga Online #1)
  • HOPE Engine
  • The Thirteenth Guardian
  • Rise: Birth of a Revolution
  • Uncanny Collateral (Valkyrie Collections, #1)
  • Kill Code
  • Screamcatcher: Web World
  • Ubiety
  • Minimum Wage Magic (DFZ, #1)

News & Interviews