Start by marking “The Secrets Mothers Keep” as Want to Read:
The Secrets Mothers Keep

The Secrets Mothers Keep

One Family. Three generations. A common goal to unite them. A lifetime of secrets to divide them. But could uncovering the truth be the only way that this family can finally heal?

Three generations of women find their way back home to Tasmania. They embark on a project together to renovate the family manor and convert it into a bed and breakfast.

After a tumultuous life
Published January 31st 2019

Start your review of The Secrets Mothers Keep
Claire
4.5 I have read Jacquie's Brothers of the Vine series, a rural romance series that I thoroughly enjoyed. When I heard she was branching out into something different, I preordered it straight away.

Each chapter is focused on one of the 5 main female characters, all family members, all drawn together to renovate the family Manor in Tasmania and turn it into a B&B. Each returns to undertake this endeavour for their own reasons, and each has secrets, some more life changing than others.

These
C
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Suspenseful

This book really had me reeling . I kept page turning to see what would happen next what secret might unravel . This book I really enjoyed reading it really had me going. It touched home on so many levels.
Ellen M. Reed
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!!!!

This story had me laughing and crying while falling in love with the characters and their stories!! Secrets have a way of becoming known.....
Barb
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
GREAT BOOK...Each chapter is focused on one of the 5 main female characters, all family members, all drawn together to renovate the family Manor in Tasmania and turn it into a B&B. Mary and June hold a secret for 50 years.
Rebecca
Aug 25, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 00-own-a-copy
Free on Kindle
Anita Cardona
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! I could not stop reading!!! I cried, I laughed and I was in shock. I loved how everything all worked out at the end.
Kristi
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a moving novel of the the sacrifices, startling secrets, and the loving bonds that unite generations of women in a Tasmanian family. Taking a multiple time-line and character narrative approach, the plot revolves around three generations of women who decide to pool their resources to renovate a family manor as a Bed and Breakfast. Those same renovations bring attention to the manor, threatening to unearth both long-kept and newly-conceived secrets that could rip the family apart. This ...more
Deanna Green
Sep 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Compelling

I agree with another review on this book about not really sure how to review this book. Some will love it, others maybe not so much. Had a good plot really, although quite overloaded once all the secrets poured out, and it took a long time for many of them to be revealed. I didn’t like a lot of the writing style, it was a sort of running commentary present tense type of thing. (June looks toward the staircase, June walks across the room)
It really didn’t take much to guess what the main
Monique Mulligan
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
An ensemble of characters deliver an appealing inter-generational story of of women drawn together for a common cause. Each one brings secrets. Each has baggage. And as they spend more time together than they have in years, what they do with their secrets shapes their future.

If secrets are the top note, at its heart this is a story of relationships - between mother and daughter, between sisters, and between generations. The premise - turning an old, decrepit house into a viable B&B - is
LKbytheBay
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Surprising Secrets are kept by more than just mothers.

Multiple POV’s took a bit to get used to; uniquely different names helped differentiate the characters and their plot lines. Luca’s way of learning what’s planted in the flowerbed was just too convenient to wrap up the story. Same with Mary’s “lost” money and Luca’s idea and actions of repayment - too convenient in order to wrap up the story. Less explanations at the end and more hints peppered throughout would have made this a 5-star book.
PAMpublish
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing and complicated story of a family of women who experience various losses and comes home to Tasmania to renovate their huge family home into a profitable bed and breakfast. All their secrets and lies comes to light as they must acknowledge past actions and its effects on one another involving a roller coaster of emotions. Appreciate how each chapter rotates around individual lives to maintain clarity of the totality of the situation. Maintained my interest from beginning-to-end, ...more
Leigh Roberts
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant Plot

When I started reading I had no idea where this story was going to take me. The sisters Mary, Grace and June all have been holding secrets for so long until one day things begin to unravel. Even Lily-Rose, Pia and Luca are holding secrets until the end. A fascinating look into the lives of a family that manage to rise to the challenge and move forward with life.
Menah Benu
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Breathtaking

This book was well written and worthy of my time it took to read it. I couldn’t wait to read it’s exciting chapter. I loved how the story unfolded. The descriptive details made me feel as if I were there watching. Highly recommend this book for those that love a great mystery and love story combined.
Jean Teeling
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All families have secrets, big and small. This one is BIG

This story has a lot of characters, but the author separates each characters story in separate chapters making is easy to follow the family history. There is more than one secret and cover more than one decade. I kept thinking get it out in the open and get it over with. I am glad the author agreed with me.
Dori Schiele
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A lot of secrets! I really enjoyed revealing them all. You really should take the time and see for yourself. A good read. It’ll keep you wanting to read more. I liked this book

A lot of secrets ! I really enjoyed revealing them. Makes you want to read more. I really enjoyed revealing them
Nancy Pernet
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story reads well. Took me a while to get into who is who but quickly got really into their stories. I liked the chapters written in the characters perspective, makes the writing style divers. And eventhough major secrets are revealed, one bigger and with more impact than others, an amazing happy ending.... loved this read!
Nancy Massie
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Inspiring

This book was so good. It started off as a really good read. The characters were developing nicely. Then it took a couple of left turns and suddenly I couldn't put it down.
Linda Zaragoza-zrubek
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great

It took me a chapter or two to get into the story. Once I got into it, I didnt want to leave, Mary, June, Grace. Pia, LilyRose alone. The book got even better with the lives of each woman. The twists and the unexpected secrets. I totally loved it. Well written and a new author for me.
Tamalita
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very good read

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The author’s storytelling style keeps things interesting. The twists and turns in this story were amazing and I was not prepared for them. Outstanding.
Irene Erickson
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A must read

This story is well written..The characters are well developed and the reader is drawn into the story little by little. Family, love, redemption, and forgiveness all played out well...with a twist.
Heather
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not what I was expecting.

Three sisters move in together to help renovate the home two of them lived in. The eldest sisters daughter and granddaughter also move in. During renovations family secrets and lies are unearthed.

I did not expect the ending. Was an easy read and kept me interested. I do feel some things were glossed over and rushed too much.
Charisse Williams
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All families have secrets. Many of those secrets go to the grave while some come to light and change the very lives of those that they were reportedly protecting. Watch all of this family's secrets come full circle. I definitely recommend this book.
Samantha Maharajh
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A really easy and lovely read. I really enjoyed the characters and the storyline

A great read I really enjoyed the characters and the story line. Easy and flowing story. The house itself is the main focus of the story
Aimeé
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really engaging book! One of those where I would say to myself 'just one more chapter' next thing I know, it's 3am and I have to peel my eyeballs away from my screen!
Recommend if you like a bit of romance, bit of drama and a book that will have you engrossed.
Mary E
Aug 30, 2019 added it
Best book I have read in a while.

I liked the unique problems and situations the story presented. The author approached the ethics of the decisions using different characters.
Diane Chartrand
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Story

This story kept me intrigued and found it hard to put down. I love the characters and how they worked together even in troubled times.
Mary
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic read. The characters were so real, with real faults & good hearts. Seems like everyone had a secret or two. Totally unpredictable. Heartwarming. Full of hope & promise.
Hard to put down.
Joanie
Oct 06, 2019 added it
Mothers r always right

I enjoyed reading this ebook. The characters were well suited for their roles. I can't imagine holding secrets in for so many years and how they must have felt all that time. But truth always prevails and happiness comes along with that.
Kris Kuebel
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gripping

This story kept me turning pages quickly. The style of writing and the set up with view points from each character enabled the reader to hear and see events from their perspectives. I do think it a trifle formulaic but still very enjoyable.
ann rhodes
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great secrets

Great family story line ,all interesting characters, and not what one expected, you have to keep reading, could not put the book down.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Book Club
  • Unexpected (Bittersweet Book 2)
  • Appearances
  • Women Within
  • The Letter (Comfort Crossing #3)
  • Songbird Season (Melinda Foster, #5)
  • The Port Elspeth Jewelry Making Club
  • The Apple of My Eye
  • The Color of Joy (The Color of Heaven Series #8)
  • Ashes of Life
  • The Bend in Redwood Road (Missing Pieces, #1)
  • Please Forgive Me
  • Christmas at the Lakeside Resort (Lakeside Resort #1)
  • Orphan Train Trials (Hearts on the Rails, #2)
  • Beloved Mother
  • The Color of the Season (The Color of Heaven Series #7)
  • As Deep As The Ocean (Vaquita Beach #1)
  • Second Chance at Christmas Inn: A Sweet Small Town Christmas Romance (Love Tries Again Book 3)
Jacquie lives in Central Queensland, Australia, where it's always hot and humidity constantly coats the skin, summer or winter.

After her profession as an accountant almost killed her (with mind-numbing boredom), she is on permanent hiatus.

She now spends her time wrapped up in her imagination, creating characters, exploring alternative realities, and falling in love with a host of mouth-watering