Start by marking “Ninth House” as Want to Read:
Ninth House

Ninth House

(Ninth House Series #1)

The mesmerizing adult debut from #1 New York Times bestselling author Leigh Bardugo

Expected publication: October 8th 2019 by Flatiron Books (first published October 1st 2019)

Nick
Apr 26, 2018 marked it as to-read
I'm a simple man. I see Leigh Bardugo . I press like. ...more
Chaima ✨ شيماء
I can’t prove this with science and statistics but my life wouldn’t SUCK this bad if I had this book
karen
There were always excuses for why girls died.

i am going to review this carefully, for all of you who were too cool or too civilized to run for copies at BEA and have to wait for october to grab a copy. me, i regret nothing.

when i first heard about this book, there was only a little teaser of a synopsis available, and when i finally got my hands on it, i didn’t revisit it or read anything printed on the ARC - i just dove in blind.

let’s just say i was unprepared for what this was. i’d assumed, fr
Emily (Books with Emily Fox)
Just realized this is an Adult book?? I'm even more excited for it!!
Melanie

[June 12th, 2019] Yes, I am so blessed & privileged. Thank you Book Expo Gods.

[March 20th, 2019] So, do we like this cover? I feel so torn on it. BUT I know that the inside is going to be a masterpiece so does it even matter?

[March 29th, 2018] *screams for all eternity with want*

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
I JUST DIED. A NEW LEIGH BARDUGO BOOK.

JUST TAKE ALL MY MONEY NOW.
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
Hah yeah I will never not read something Leigh Bardugo writes.
Chelsea Humphrey
Feb 07, 2019 marked it as future-tbr
Recommended to Chelsea by: Flatiron Books
Do you ever just sit at home with approximately 9,999 books feeling like you have nothing to read because that ONE book you're dying to read doesn't come out until October 1st?

description
Kai
Oct 25, 2016 marked it as desperate-to-read
"Darlington liked to say that dealing with ghosts was like riding the subway: Do not make eye contact. Do not smile. Do not engage. Otherwise, you never know what might follow you home."

description
Azrah
Mar 20, 2019 marked it as crushing-that-tbr-2019
There are 70 users that shelved this as young adult.
What don't y'all get about the words “adult debut” ????

Also ... I am loving this cover. So Slytherin 🐍
Elise (TheBookishActress)
Jan 11, 2017 marked it as please-give-me
I would die for you Leigh
• Lindsey Dahling •
Jun 13, 2019 marked it as to-read
Me: I can’t believe I have to wait until October for THE BEST DAY OF THIS YEAR!

Everyone else: Your wedding is in June.....
Fables&Wren
Oct 25, 2016 marked it as to-read
*empties pockets and hands over my beating heart*
It's fine. I'm fine. Ignore me. I'm not fine. I'm having a heart attack but I'm fine. I'm just school girlin' over here.

I CANNOT BE MORE EXCITED ABOUT THIS.
QUEEN LEIGH BARDUGO, WRITES AGAIN.

Noura Khalid (theperksofbeingnoura)
Thank you Flatiron Books for gifting me a review copy in exchange for an honest review!

“We are the shepherds”

I’m trying to write a really calm and professional review here but after reading this book I don’t think there’s a possibility. Ninth House was everything I wanted and more. I read the synopsis of the book once when it came out and never again. I was sold from the first read, and I knew this was going to be a book I wanted to read. I had a feeling that I’d enjoy it but I never thought
Hamad
Mar 18, 2019 marked it as to-read
Damn Queen didn't have to flex on us that hard with this cover!!
✨    jamieson   ✨
Shelves: anticipated-2019
LEIGH BARDUGO HAS A NEW BOOK !!!!

Leigh is an instant-buy I'll read whatever she writes AND GODDAMN the premise of this sounds ..... so good (and! She's leaving Grisha which is exciting, keen to see new things)

JUST LET ME AT THIS RIGHT NOW I NEED IT
glória
Mar 20, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
leigh bardugo: i am gonna give the slytherins everything they want
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
Definitely want to read this one. This author has given us the totally beautiful and evocative Midnight tales and the culturally inadequate (and ludicrous!) Grisha sequence... LMAO!
If she manages not to delve into cultures she has no idea about, she might pull this one off as a worthwhile read.
Anyway, the protagonist's name, Galaxy Stern (Star from German) totally bought me.
(I hope this time around the protagonist won't be getting drunk on Fruchtsaft oder Kaffee mit Milch, meeting a person nam
may ❀
Oct 25, 2016 marked it as gimmie
OH LOOK, LEIGH, MY QUEEN, ISN'T DONE RUINING MY HEART. I NEED THE FEELS AND I NEED THIS BOOK.
G I M M E ! ! ! !
Vicky Who Reads
Aug 18, 2017 marked it as to-read
okay, friends, ready?

PLEASE ADD NINTH HOUSE AS ADULT TO GOODREADS.

Not YA. (I can't say whether or not you should add it as NA, but definitely not YA.) Why?

1) It's what Leigh and her publishers want & say it should be classified as.

tweets from Leigh

So like...classify it right because it's what Leigh wants!!!

2) It's also misleading to teen readers!

Teen readers (and other readers) have a general idea of what to expect in YA in terms of content etc. and if they see Ninth House labeled as YA, they'll also t
Zainab
Mar 19, 2019 marked it as to-read
One can simply never get enough of Leigh Bardugo's writing. Stop lying to yourself if you think otherwise.
--Update--
Okayyy so not really a big fan of this cover but oh well.
Mary S. R.
Mar 20, 2019 marked it as to-read
[20 March 2019]

HOLY MOTHER OF COVERS—is that a snake??? I mean, slay me! Slytherin vibes all over 😁 (I belong to a threesome of houses with very close percentages: Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, Slytherin)

Galaxy “Alex” Stern is the most unlikely member of Yale’s freshman class. Raised in the Los Angeles hinterlands by a hippie mom, Alex dropped out of school early and into a world of shady drug dealer boyfriends, dead-end jobs, and much, much worse. By age twenty, in fact, she is the sole survivor of a
Angelica
Oct 25, 2016 marked it as to-read
me *PATIENTLY* waiting for this book to come out
Mel (Epic Reading)
Mar 20, 2019 marked it as to-read
Am I being tricked into reading this because there might be snakes and then there aren’t? This happens a lot. Us snake lovers want good fiction too where our hissing babies are on top and not always evil.
Whom I kidding everyone, including me, will read this no matter the content. 😂
- ̗̀  jess  ̖́-
Jun 13, 2019 marked it as to-read
not to be dramatic but i would not only sell all my organs for this book, but literally cut them out myself
Wendy Darling
This is going to be so good. :D
Liv (Stories For Coffee)
What an interesting, cryptic, eerie novel full of secret societies, ghosts, and a protagonist who is morally grey/straight up evil. While the beginning was incredibly slow and muddled, for me, the pace was picked up the moment a murder mystery was introduced. As we follow Alex along on her journey through these societies full of corrupt leaders, evil men, and hidden secrets I slowly fell into the world and devoured the novel within a week.

While the story was rich and heavy with descriptions, it
Warda
Oct 25, 2016 marked it as to-read
I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS, IT'S UNREAL!
Lena
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I don't even know how to rate this properly right now so I'll settle on four stars for now.

Know before going into it that Ninth House is completely different from her other works and that some people might not be as into it. It did take me a while to really figure out the story and its characters, for they're complex and complicated. The tone in this book was a brutal, dark humor that manifested itself as part crime investigation, part ghost story and part dark-magic-that-will-eat-you-alive-if-
Sunny ✨wordslikefury✨
Any time a favorite YA author of mine releases a new book saying: “This is adult, not YA. It is not suitable for younger readers.”

Me: “YAAAASSSSSSS QUEEN. THE DANGERS YOU ARE CAPABLE OF. TAKE ME TO YOUR DARK SIDE!”
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• The Midnight Lie
  • Untitled Standalone
  • The Kingdom of Back
  • The Other Side of the Sky (Untitled, #1)
  • The Half King (Untitled, #1)
  • The Magnolia Sword: A Ballad of Mulan
  • What Monstrous Gods
  • Sword Catcher (Sword Catcher, #1)
  • Eight Will Fall
  • A Court of Miracles (A Court of Miracles, #1)
  • Untitled
  • Guardians of Dawn (Guardians of Dawn, #1)
  • Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1)
  • Fireborne (The Aurelian Cycle, #1)
  • Nocturna (A Forgery of Magic, #1)
Leigh Bardugo is a #1 New York Times bestselling author of fantasy novels and the creator of the Grishaverse. With over three million copies sold, her Grishaverse spans the Shadow and Bone Trilogy, the Six of Crows Duology, The Language of Thorns, and King of Scars—with more to come. (To hear about new releases, tour dates, and giveaways first, sign up for Leigh's newsletter here.) Her short stori ...more

Ninth House Series (2 books)
  • Untitled (Alex Stern, #2)
“Mors irrumat omnia. Death fucks us all.” 2 likes