Start by marking “Ninth House” as Want to Read:
Ninth House

Ninth House

(Ninth House Series #1)

The mesmerizing adult debut from #1 New York Times bestselling author Leigh Bardugo

Galaxy “Alex” Stern is the most unlikely member of Yale’s freshman class. Raised in the Los Angeles hinterlands by a hippie mom, Alex dropped out of school early and into a world of shady drug dealer boyfriends, dead-end jobs, and much, much worse. By age twenty, in fact, she is the sole sur
Expected publication: October 8th 2019 by Flatiron Books

To ask other readers questions about Ninth House, please sign up.
Amy aim who knows? it could only be released to the jungle for all we know. (obviously they wont, tropical birds cant read or maybe they can)

Chaima ✨ شيماء
I can’t prove this with science and statistics but my life wouldn’t SUCK this bad if I had this book
Nick
Apr 26, 2018 marked it as to-read
I'm a simple man. I see Leigh Bardugo . I press like. ...more
Kai
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: feminist-as-fuck
to answer your question: yes, it really is that good.
Emily (Books with Emily Fox)
Just realized this is an Adult book?? I'm even more excited for it!!
Melanie

2.5 <3 I don't wanna talk about it, but I will next week. Easily the most disappointing read of 2019 for me.

[June 12th, 2019] Yes, I am so blessed & privileged. Thank you Book Expo Gods.

[March 20th, 2019] So, do we like this cover? I feel so torn on it. BUT I know that the inside is going to be a masterpiece so does it even matter?

[March 29th, 2018] *screams for all eternity with want*

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch
karen
There were always excuses for why girls died.

i am going to review this carefully, for all of you who were too cool or too civilized to run for copies at BEA and have to wait for october to grab a copy. me, i regret nothing.

when i first heard about this book, there was only a little teaser of a synopsis available, and when i finally got my hands on it, i didn’t revisit it or read anything printed on the ARC - i just dove in blind.

let’s just say i was unprepared for what this was. i’d assumed, fr
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
do i have a considerable amount of books that i already need to read? would i drop (quote me on this) everything for this? if leigh bardugo wrote a 100,000 word essay on the growing strategies of cacti, would i also do the same? yes, yes and also yes.

description

"By the time Alex managed to get the blood out of her good wool coat, it was too warm to wear it. Spring had come on grudgingly; pale-blue mornings failed to deepen, turning instead to moist, sullen afternoons, and stubborn frost lined the road in
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
I JUST DIED. A NEW LEIGH BARDUGO BOOK.

JUST TAKE ALL MY MONEY NOW.
Chelsea Humphrey
Feb 07, 2019 marked it as future-tbr
Recommended to Chelsea by: Flatiron Books
Do you ever just sit at home with approximately 9,999 books feeling like you have nothing to read because that ONE book you're dying to read doesn't come out until October 1st?

Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
Hah yeah I will never not read something Leigh Bardugo writes.
• Lindsey Dahling •
Jun 13, 2019 marked it as to-read
Me: I can’t believe I have to wait until October for THE BEST DAY OF THIS YEAR!

Everyone else: Your wedding is in June.....
✨ A ✨
Mar 20, 2019 marked it as anticipating
I am so excited for this book but people, know what you can handle. Remember that your mental health should be your priority.

TRIGGER WARNINGS: [Click the spoiler tag] (view spoiler)

Bardugo's own (slightly vague) warning.

Make no mistake I am not trying to dissuade anyone from reading this book, but I do believe TW's need to be
Noura Khalid (theperksofbeingnoura)
Thank you Flatiron Books for gifting me a review copy in exchange for an honest review!

“We are the shepherds”

I’m trying to write a really calm and professional review here but after reading this book I don’t think there’s a possibility. Ninth House was everything. I read the synopsis of the book once when it came out and never again. I was sold from the first read, and I knew this was going to be a book I wanted to read. I had a feeling that I’d enjoy it. This book is Leigh Bardugo’s first a
Elise (TheBookishActress)
Jan 11, 2017 marked it as please-give-me
I would die for you Leigh
Claudia ✨
"It was one thing to be told magic existed, quite another to have it literally give you the finger."

Leigh Bardugo was born to write adult books.

Ninth House is a book about strange, dark magic, power and what happens when it falls into the wrong hands, and just surviving. It's also my favorite novel from Bardugo yet, along with Six of Crows. This book you guys; it's going to hit you like a sledgehammer.

Alex Stern hasn't had an easy life. Filled with heavy drugs, abuse and seeing things that no on
Whitney Atkinson
Aug 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019

So. Um. This was a letdown.

I want to preface this review by saying that it very well could have just been a me problem because I typically don't read thriller/mysteries. I thought because this book was written by Leigh Bardugo, I would automatically enjoy whatever she wrote. But in the case of Ninth House, I feel like she tried to do too much all at once, and so I came out of the book not quite comprehending what just occurred.

This book was initially easy to get into just because of t
Fables&Wren
Oct 25, 2016 marked it as to-read
*empties pockets and hands over my beating heart*
It's fine. I'm fine. Ignore me. I'm not fine. I'm having a heart attack but I'm fine. I'm just school girlin' over here.

I CANNOT BE MORE EXCITED ABOUT THIS.
QUEEN LEIGH BARDUGO, WRITES AGAIN.

Saania Zee Jamal ϟ
(((screaming)))

First, a Wonder Woman-centric superhero book.
Now, a contemporary mystery about secret societies.

THIS WOMAN WILL BE THE END OF ME AND I COULDN'T BE ANY HAPPIER.

Emma
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can’t remember the last time I wanted to step into a book so much, be part of a world so desperately. Even with all the danger, with the pain and darkness and death, it’s a place that feels like possibility

…..

‘She always told me there’s no doorway the devil doesn’t know. He’s always waiting to stick his foot in. I never really believed her until tonight.’

Alex Stern is no hero. Life has given her a serious Fuck You in the form of a very particular talent/curse and she’s been more than willing
Hamad
Mar 18, 2019 marked it as to-read
Damn Queen didn't have to flex on us that hard with this cover!!
Vicky Who Reads
Aug 18, 2017 marked it as to-read
okay, friends, ready?

PLEASE ADD NINTH HOUSE AS ADULT TO GOODREADS.

Not YA. (I can't say whether or not you should add it as NA, but definitely not YA.) Why?

1) It's what Leigh and her publishers want & say it should be classified as.

tweets from Leigh

So like...classify it right because it's what Leigh wants!!!

2) It's also misleading to teen readers!

Teen readers (and other readers) have a general idea of what to expect in YA in terms of content etc. and if they see Ninth House labeled as YA, they'll also t
✨    jamieson   ✨
Oct 25, 2016 marked it as to-read
Shelves: anticipated-2019
LEIGH BARDUGO HAS A NEW BOOK !!!!

Leigh is an instant-buy I'll read whatever she writes AND GODDAMN the premise of this sounds ..... so good (and! She's leaving Grisha which is exciting, keen to see new things)

JUST LET ME AT THIS RIGHT NOW I NEED IT

The cover is The Darkling
Amy Risner
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-books, 2019-arcs
I truly loved this book. It was the perfect blend of a murder-mystery + secret society scandals + complex, unapologetic characters. RTC!
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
Definitely want to read this one. This author has given us the totally beautiful and evocative Midnight tales and the culturally inadequate (and ludicrous!) Grisha sequence... LMAO!
If she manages not to delve into cultures she has no idea about, she might pull this one off as a worthwhile read.
Anyway, the protagonist's name, Galaxy Stern (Star from German) totally bought me.
(I hope this time around the protagonist won't be getting drunk on Fruchtsaft oder Kaffee mit Milch, meeting a person nam
glória
Mar 20, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
leigh bardugo: i am gonna give the slytherins everything they want
Tatiana
Jan 09, 2019 marked it as to-read
So, I’ve read some early reviews today, and one had a trigger warning for “forced eating of human waste.” Does this novel actually have someone eating literal sh*t in it? @.@

___________________

I want to see if I will like Bardugo's books if I don't have to deal with all the Grisha/messed up Russian words/culture/names embarrassment.
may ❀
Oct 25, 2016 marked it as gimmie
OH LOOK, LEIGH, MY QUEEN, ISN'T DONE RUINING MY HEART. I NEED THE FEELS AND I NEED THIS BOOK.
G I M M E ! ! ! !
Mel (Epic Reading)
Mar 20, 2019 marked it as to-read
Am I being tricked into reading this because there might be snakes and then there aren’t? This happens a lot. Us snake lovers want good fiction too where our hissing babies are on top and not always evil.
Whom I kidding everyone, including me, will read this no matter the content. 😂
- ̗̀  jess  ̖́-
Jun 13, 2019 marked it as to-read
not to be dramatic but i would not only sell all my organs for this book, but literally cut them out myself

• The Midnight Lie
  • Untitled Standalone
  • The Kingdom of Back
  • The Other Side of the Sky (Untitled, #1)
  • The Half King (Untitled, #1)
  • The Magnolia Sword: A Ballad of Mulan
  • What Monstrous Gods
  • Sword Catcher (Sword Catcher, #1)
  • Eight Will Fall
  • A Court of Miracles (A Court of Miracles, #1)
  • Untitled
  • Guardians of Dawn (Guardians of Dawn, #1)
  • Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1)
  • Fireborne (The Aurelian Cycle, #1)
  • Nocturna (A Forgery of Magic, #1)
Leigh Bardugo is a #1 New York Times bestselling author of fantasy novels and the creator of the Grishaverse. With over three million copies sold, her Grishaverse spans the Shadow and Bone Trilogy, the Six of Crows Duology, The Language of Thorns, and King of Scars—with more to come. (To hear about new releases, tour dates, and giveaways first, sign up for Leigh's newsletter here.) Her short stori ...more

Ninth House Series (2 books)
  • Untitled (Alex Stern, #2)
“Mors irrumat omnia. Death fucks us all.” 4 likes
“I let you die. To save myself, I let you die.
That is the danger in keeping company with survivors.”
3 likes