Start by marking “Have a Little Faith in Me” as Want to Read:

Have a Little Faith in Me

"Saved!" meets To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before in this laugh-out-loud romantic comedy that takes a meaningful look at consent and what it means to give it.

When CeCe’s born-again ex-boyfriend dumps her after they have sex, she follows him to Jesus camp in order to win him back. Problem: She knows nothing about Jesus. But her best friend Paul does. He accompanies CeCe to c
Expected publication: September 3rd 2019 by Page Street Kids

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Sep 03, 2019
    "Saved!" meets TO ALL THE BOYS I'VE LOVED BEFORE in this laugh-out-loud romantic comedy that takes a meaningful look at consent and what it means to g ...more

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 10 copies available, 1249 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Jul 08 - Jul 26, 2019

Countries available: U.S. and Canada

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Have a Little Faith in Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Have a Little Faith in Me

Rachel Solomon
    Official blurb: "This book reminded me why I fell in love with YA. HAVE A LITTLE FAITH IN ME is both hilarious and poignant, with an unforgettable cast of characters led by fierce but vulnerable CeCe. She asks all the questions about relationships and sexuality I kept locked in my mind as a teen, and her desire for answers broke my heart and then filled it up. An immediate favorite."

One of the best books I've read all year. Sonia's voice is authentic, clever, and utterly captivating. Everything
    Dahlia
    I'm so happy I loved this as much as I'd hoped to based on the description. I love YAs that serve kind of a "sex ed" function and this one does a beautiful job with "emotional sex ed," which I think is really important and really underserved by the category. I also loved the summer camp vibes and the extremely shippable couple, and as a religious person, I just dig YA with religious themes in general, but I think this is a book that very much works whether you do too or not.
    Annette
    Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: favorites
    THIS BOOK. I was able to read an early copy and it has my heart forever.

Fiercely feminist, uproariously funny, and simultaneously heart-wrenchingly tender, this book is a true gem. It explores so many important issues (sex ed, healthy vs unhealthy relationships, religion) with both care and humour.

I cannot wait to read it again.
    Sierra Elmore
    Hi Sonia is one of my fave people and this book sounds amazing so ADD IT TO YOUR TBRs, PEOPLE
    Cari
    Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I've been following the author since she announced her deal on Twitter, and I was so pleased to get an early copy from NetGalley. Although I'm not a YA librarian, I love the occasional YA read, and this book did not disappoint. The protagonist, CeCe, is hilarious and real. I came from a school that was heavily evangelical/Christian, so I super-identified with her. CeCe falls for Ethan, a super-Christian, formerly homeschooled boy. After they have sex, he dumps her, and she's totally blindsided. ...more
    Andrea Contos
    Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    This is the book you didn't know you needed and won't be able to forget.

There's so much I loved, it's difficult to know where to start. It's the perfect blend of smart and swoony, hilarious and heartwarming.

Sonia writes characters with such depth--and even side characters feel developed and real. CeCe is messy and honest, and someone you immediately love and cheer for. Her relationship with Paul--who is amazing--is filled with so many layers of feelings, each of them fleshed-out and relatable.
    Sydney Springer
    "How do I look?"
    "Like you just had your heart broken."
    I rearranged my features. "How about now?"
    "Like you're going to make whoever did it pay."

*4.8 stars rounded up* When I heard about this book on Twitter I think every blood cell in my body went on high alert for news of arcs. I needed this story in my hands so bad. A feminist, sex positive romantic comedy set at a conservative Christian camp? Sign. Me. Up. As someone who is also Christian (not the exact branch in the story, as I feel like I'
    Zaneta Kucharczyk
    Thank you to NetGalley for providing and eARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Have a Little Faith In Me is a book that talks about really important issues, like consent, sexuality, religion, to mention a few, yet is very hard to rate, as it doesn't really deliver.
    I went into it expecting a funny but poignant story about a girl who goes to Jesus camp to win over her ex-boyfriend, but ends up falling for someone else, and I got the first part, but not the second. If I were to rate
    Novel Novice
    Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I LOVED THIS BOOK! It's both hilarious & heartfelt, covering some serious, significant subjects that are incredibly timely and important to teens (like sex, faith, personal responsibility, and empowering girls to feel strong and confident in their bodies & in their sexuality) -- but in a way that feels fun and lighthearted. The author never downplays the seriousness of these topics -- but she tackles them in a way that feels fun and natural to the narrative of the story.

And the story it
    Isabel Ibañez
    Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    This is such a wonderful story, I seriously devoured it in one sitting. It’s all about sex, and healthy consent, and that beautiful, tough, and breathless first love that may or may not last forever.

Part of me felt like I was reading a Judy Blume book, in the best possible way. Highly recommend!!!
    Jalina
    This book was everything I wanted it to be and more! CeCe had such great sass and Paul had the perfect personality to go along with it. The girls of Cabin 8 have a special place in my heart. And some of those girl talks, boy, was I laughing. But most importantly, this book gave a really good lesson about what it means to give consent, using a perfect every day (heterosexual) example.
    Diana Urban
    Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I had the pleasure of reading an early copy of Sonia Hartl's feminist romcom Have a Little Faith in Me, and I gobbled it up in one sitting. It's SO good, with a well-paced plot that kept me hooked. The protagonist CeCe is so much fun to read; she's hilarious, relatable, and such a joy to root for. The character development and motivations are brilliantly crafted, and every character felt three-dimensional. This book tackles such important subject matter (sex, religion, and the meaning of consent ...more
    Kelli Cross
    May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Okay, first of all Saved is one of my favorite movies so I was definitely sold the minute I saw that blurb. And it really was a pretty accurate comparison. I loved this book - I didn’t expect to finish it in one night but I couldn’t put it down. It was absolutely hilarious. It dealt with a lot of important conversations, specifically involving sex and sex education, but it also touched on religion and acceptance within Christianity. And it gave us glimpses into diversity in a pretty undiverse se ...more
    Kelsey Rodkey
    Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I read this book months ago and I'm still having a hard time articulating how much I loved it.
    HAVE A LITTLE FAITH IN ME by Sonia Hartl is a hilarious, heartbreaking, and heartwarming (yes, both) story about faith—or lack thereof—and friendship. CeCe is reckless, but so damn relatable and real. She's funny and you root for her even when you know you should be telling her to stop what she's doing. Paul, her best friend, is so damn swoony and funny. The girls of Cabin 8 each deserve their own stori
    Auriane
    Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    This absolutely wonderful book is definitely one of my favorites of all time! It's fiercely feminist, funny as hell, and should be required reading for every teen. I can't wait to read it again -- and everything else Sonia Hartl ever writes!
    Liz
    Jun 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Sweet story. Very predictable.
    Lillie Vale

• Only Mostly Devastated
    • A Thousand Fires
    • The Bright and the Pale
    • Jackpot
    • The Babysitters Coven (The Babysitters Coven, #1)
    • A Song Below Water