Start by marking “How to Love a Duke in Ten Days (Devil You Know, #1)” as Want to Read:
How to Love a Duke in Ten Days (Devil You Know, #1)

How to Love a Duke in Ten Days

(Devil You Know #1)

These men are dark, bold, and brave. And there is only one woman who can bring them to their knees...

Famed and brilliant, Lady Alexandra Lane has always known how to look out for to herself. But nobody would ever expect that she has darkness in her past—one that she pays a blackmailer to keep buried. Now, with her family nearing bankruptcy, Alexandra strikes upon a solutio
Mass Market Paperback, 440 pages
Published August 27th 2019 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about How to Love a Duke in Ten Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Love a Duke in Ten Days

Start your review of How to Love a Duke in Ten Days (Devil You Know, #1)
chan ☆
Jul 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
i really really loved this one despite some initial misgivings

it feels odd to start off a review like this but i don't want it to get buried since i've not seen it mentioned anywhere else: the prologue to this book opens with a pretty graphic rape scene. i don't mean in the 70s historical romance alpha male forceful sex way i mean it in the truest sense of the word. it made my stomach turn and i can't help but wish that someone had warned me, whether that was reviewers or the book itself.

that b
Kerrigan Byrne
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm trying to like this author better... But I know she loved writing this book.
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I loved, loved How to Love a Duke in Ten Days by Kerrigan Byrne, who is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. No, not just favorite historical romance authors, but favorite authors. Full stop.

This is the second book from Kerrigan Byrne in a row that I've loved, and I think it's time to just suck it up and buy her whole backlist. This book was unputdownable.

Sometimes, I think I'm too harsh of a reviewer. I have trouble feeling enthusiastic about mediocre romance, and with over 1500 roman
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
5 How to fall in love with a book in 1 day Stars

******Mild spoilers*****

"We are eternally bound," she repeated. "By secrets, blood, and pain." "And by trust, passion, and revenge," Francesca added darkly. "And by friendship, love, and..." Cecelia sniffed, pressing on the hands beneath her, as if she could touch the heart below it. "And hope. For without that, what reason do we have to endure?"-The Red Rogues

OMG Kerrigan Byrne is a brilliant writer. I knew I had a ARC due. I will be hon
Anovelqueen
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: b
***4 Stars***

I have been a fan of Kerrigan Byrne from her first book. She is an outstanding storyteller and her novels contain deep and dark emotional themes. This novel continues to exemplify her writing skill and her ability to evoke an emotional response.

Lady Alexandra Lane has a dark secret that not only leaves emotional scars but has also caused her fear of revelation throughout the years. Only a few know her secrets, namely her two best friends, and they are all bound by their loyalty and
Stacey is Sassy
Listening enhanced my love for this story...

I was so excited when I realised that How To Love a Duke in Ten Days was going to be available in audio. I'm a huge Kerrigan Byrne fan and her previously released, Victorian Rebels series is not available in Australia (YET...please be yet). My listening experience was everything I hoped for and more.

The characters came to life for me and I loved stepping into their world and hearing them. Derek Perkins is a master at his craft and is one of my very fa
Melanie A.
***A 2019 TOP PICK***

5+ STARS!!
How very cruel it was to fear and crave something - someone - in equal measure.
GAH! There was nothing I didn't LOVE here. This book exceeded ALL my expectations:

Alexandra and Piers lit up every corner of my jaded heart. Their story kept me completely engrossed and constantly hovering between heartbreak and joy. What an incredible balance the author struck between fairy tale and nightmare.

Trigger warning: (view spoiler)
EmBibliophile
May 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

If I took a break from reading the Victorian rebel series to read another book by the same author, does it count as taking a break?

Just when I thought that Kerrigan Byrne’s books couldn’t get any darker, they end up shocking me more. The beginning of this book was just as dark and hard to read as every other Kerrigan Byrne’s book I read, if not more. It took me some time to get into this book. The beginning of this one was kinda slow. It started to get more interesting in the second hal
WhiskeyintheJar

How to Love a Duke in Ten Days is the first book in the new series Devil You Know by Kerrigan Byrne and it is a wonderful start. The Prologue starts us off with seventeen year old Alexandra as she is called into the headmaster's office of the ladies' finishing school she has been attending in France. I do want to mention that there is a pretty intense r
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 STARS
Kissing Piers Gedrick Atherton was like standing at the mouth of the Nile and realizing the scope of it was beyond comprehension. That the beauty matched the peril, and in the awe-inspiring danger existed its own strange appeal.

Who's a reader that will jump on whatever book Kerrigan Byrne writes but was even MORE excited for a brand new series?

Spoiler alert; it was me.

I'm obsessed with Byrne's historicals and when I saw that she's coming out with a brand new series, I jumped o
Jonetta
Lady Alexandra Lane leads an interesting but solitary life, except for her career and relationship with her two best friends from her school days. She’s scholarly and learned but is emotionally scarred and burdened by a ten-year old event that only a few know about. However, one of them is her anonymous blackmailer who has drained her financially. Piers Atherton, the Duke of Redmayne, is hosting a weekend celebration at his estate to announce his betrothed, yet to be named but rumored to be one ...more
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Loved it!! This was such a heartfelt, beautiful story. Piers and Alexandra are true soulmates. I am so glad they found each other and the happiness they so deserve.

Kerrigan Byrne writes the most touching, beautiful Historical Romances and this book wasn’t the exception. Its going straight to my faves not only of 2019 but of all time!
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
Oct 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommended to Starr (AKA Bam Bam) by: Saint Monique
3.5 stars overall, rounded to 4 stars. But if I could choose the "real" score, it would be 3.5. It feels too low to round to 3, but 4 is definitely me being GENEROUS.

Writing was fine, no glaring errors. But I've tried this author before (sample) and just didn't get into her style as much as my other fave historical rom authors like Lisa Kleypas, Julie Anne Long, Tessa Dare, Mary Balogh, Elizabeth Hoyt, and a number of other ones. (Side bar, many of these authors are now on my - will not read aga
Holly
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it

This book does NOT start off as a normal historical romance with a meet-cute moment between the hero and heroine. Instead it starts with (trigger warning and major spoiler warning!)(view spoiler). So yeah, this was different. For the most part I actually enjoyed this book, and I would have rated it higher if:

A) the heroine had a little more fire to her, she had a very straight forward, analytical personality that wasn't particularly endearing

B) the hero had a mor
Saint Monique
ALL THE 'BEAUTIFUL, HEARTBREAKING, SWOONY' STARS

“Didn’t you say all men are beasts?”
“Of course we are.” His knuckle caressed her cheek. “It’s why we need a beauty like you to temper us. To tame us. To teach us how to appreciate something delicate.”

This. Book. Is. Everything!!! I truly don't have the words to do this book justice. I have a lot of favorite historical romances but it's not exaggerating if I say that this one just became my favorite of them all.

Kerrigan Byrne really has
Somia
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Shining Stars

Piers may not be perfect, but he is one yummy broody hero – perfect for Alexandra (Alex), who has endured more than enough over the years (tortured by a trauma and its consequences). Secrets, distrust and danger threaten the passionate bond these two are forming, but those out to harm and destroy them underestimate Pier’s and Alex’s will and desire to protect one another.

Loved the idea of The Red Rogues, and wish the author had given us more snippets into the antics of Alex and
Gi's Spot Reviews

5 ‘Her Beast’ Stars

Oh my world, How To Love a Duke in Ten Days ended up surpassing all my already huge expectations! Ms. Byrne truly is the MASTER of dark/gothic historical romance! The rawness of the emotions, the carefully constructed and weaved setting, and the most well crafted and complex of characters stole my breath – along with my heart – away! Broken and imperfect, but yet so PERFECT for each other, Pries and Alexandra are what romance dreams are
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Oh sighhhhh! I loved this story! Hotttt-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have to say I absolutely enjoyed this book thoroughly. It definitely is something special that seem to be above and beyond the normal historical romance.

I think what the differences is that this one focused more on the attraction between the two characters and not endless stiff conversation that slowly built into something by the end of the book.

In this story, the two main characters felt their connection quickly and we are treated
MG *Bury Me with My Kindle.. & a REALLY Long Charger*
Wow. Okay... where do I even start?! It is rare for me to be blown away, especially in this genre because I have read so many HRs and have seen similar plots unfold time after time. In this case, however, even when there was some re-treading of themes, it was executed so well that it somehow made what is old feel new all over again.

The story opens as Alexandra Lane, the daughter of an earl, is set to graduate from her preparatory school.... and things go horribly wrong. Luckily, she has the aid
Robin (Bridge Four)
Sale Alert: Kindle daily deal 18Aug20 $1.99

This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from NetGalley. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Kerrigan Byrne always tells a different story but they always have one thing in common. At least one of the main characters, if not both have been through something horrific and heartbreaking.

Alexandra’s horrible experience happens in boarding school in the very first chapter. She has bee
Hollis
I was so worried about HOW TO LOVE A DUKE IN TEN DAYS. The opening chapters, in some ways, read a lot like THE HIGHWAYMAN, the first book by this author I loved (and unrelated to this series..). I was side-eyeing the story, some familiar elements, until.. those similarities dissipated and this story, different and with its own strengths, emerged.

Loneliness was safer than love.

This book is dedicated to survivors, to the #metoo movement, and that probably says a lot about some of the content in th
NMmomof4
4 Stars

Overall Opinion: I liked this! I appreciated how they were damaged but found their true selves with each other. It was a good mix of sweet, funny, sad, and sexy! I would recommend this to anyone wanting to try out the hr genre because it felt like a well rounded book. My only complaint is that I wanted to experience more of their HEA...but that's probably me being greedy again 😜

Brief Summary of the Storyline: This is Alexandria and Piers' story. Alexandria is headed to one of her dear f
OLT
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
(Before I begin my review, I just have to get something off my chest. This is the second historical romance in two months of reading in which I've found a hero mauled and disfigured by a Peruvian jaguar. Used to be, our heroes ended up disfigured because of war injuries or maybe the occasional mauling by a Bengal tiger. What's with this new spate of Peruvian jaguars? I confess to a fondness for Peru, having lived there for 15 years in the past. Never once was I mauled by a jaguar, although I do ...more
Antonella
TW for a rape
it happens pretty early on in the book

try to stop me from reading more books by this author...
and really try to stop me from reading other books in this series....

I really, really enjoyed this book!
Even though I have this book as a paperback, I listened to this as audio (on Scribd) and let me tell you I think I blushed at some point...yeah honest to God blush...what is happening...

This book was pleasant surprise from start to finish!
I was feeling all the feelings!!!

Recommendati
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
❤️ 5 STARS❤️

I loved it so much, this is the first book in a new series and it's a little bit darker than her other books!Kerrigan Byrne delivers an emotional,raw story with a heavy romance!

“If there is a battle to fight, a villain to face, I beg you to allow me the honor. Because the cruelest thing you could do, is sentence me to a world without you in it.”

description

I fall in love with both characters and I find their relationship interesting and intense!Alexandra and Piers were addictive!I couldn't get
Stacie
5 "Man or Beast" Stars!

This book was just exactly 100% everything I wanted it to be! Intense, shocking, mysterious, compelling, heartbreaking, tragic, triumphant, bold, subtle, romantic, swooney, sensual, HOT, dirty, sweet. I loved it!!

Pierce is everything I love in a romance hero. Physically damaged and closed off emotionally. Or so he says until the right woman comes along. He's going on the favorite males list. Alexandra was brave and scared and scarred and loyal and sweet and sassy and vuln
Jessica
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ever since I read The Highwayman a few months ago and LOVED it, I have been dying to read another Kerrigan Byrne book. When I received an ARC of this from the publisher, I about died from excitement and dove right in!

After the most horrific night of her life, Lady Alexandra Lane makes a pack with her best friends to always be there for each other and keep each other's secrets no matter what. Now, a blackmailer is after her money and Alexandra's only option is to find a man to protect her. The D
Lover of Romance
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This review was originally posted on Addicted To RomanceI received this book for free from St. Martin's Paperbacks in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

How To Love A Duke In Ten Days is the first book in this authors NEWEST series...yep you heard me she has a new series and it starts out with a bang. Just like "The Highwayman" it starts off fresh, gritty and real and I am all for it and it worked for me in so many ways. There i
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)

How to Love a Duke in Ten Days is equal parts heartbreaking and swoon worthy. I cried tears of utter sadness and then delighted joy. Seriously, this book gave me so many feels I'm not even sure I can review it adequately.

Alexandra has two wonderful friends, and seeing positive female friendships in a story was so heartwarming. The 3 Red Rouges are more than mere friends and they share a terrible secret. Fast forward many years and an engagement brings them together. These 3 are quite diffe
Carvanz
Oh my gosh! What a heartbreakingly beautiful story! There is no doubt this author poured her heart and soul into this book and I felt it in every word.

This begins with a very intense, dark moment in Alexandra Lane’s life. A moment that changes her forever. And while it leaves devastation in its wake, it is also the event that leads her to suggest marriage to the Terror of Torcliff, Piers Atherton the Duke of Redmayne.

description

Scarred, arrogant and a bit of a barbarian, rumors abound concerning Piers.

• This Earl of Mine (Bow Street Bachelors, #1)
  • The Beast of Beswick (Everleigh Sisters, #1)
  • My Darling Duke (Sinful Wallflowers, #1)
  • Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)
  • The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)
  • Brazen and the Beast (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #2)
  • Daring and the Duke (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #3)
  • The Devil of Downtown (Uptown Girls, #3)
  • The Prince of Broadway (Uptown Girls, #2)
  • The Rogue of Fifth Avenue (Uptown Girls, #1)
  • The Duke's Stolen Bride (The Rogue Files, #5)
  • The Earl Takes a Fancy (Sins for All Seasons, #5)
  • Angel in a Devil's Arms (The Palace of Rogues, #2)
  • To Catch an Earl (Bow Street Bachelors, #2)
  • The Rogue to Ruin (Misadventures in Matchmaking, #3)
  • When the Marquess Was Mine (The Wagers of Sin, #3)
  • The Virgin and the Rogue (The Rogue Files, #6)
  • Scot Under the Covers (Wild Wicked Highlanders, #2)
If you're anything like me, the best night is one spent with a brawny highlander, a mysterious werewolf, a conflicted vampire, or a hot-headed Irishman. My stories span the spectrum of romantic fiction from historical, to paranormal, to romantic suspense. But I can always promise my readers one thing: memorable and sexy Celtic heroes who are guaranteed to heat your blood before they steal your hea ...more

Devil You Know (3 books)
  • All Scot and Bothered (Devil You Know, #2)
  • The Devil in Her Bed (Devil You Know, #3)