Start by marking “Owl Be Home for Christmas: A Meg Langslow Mystery” as Want to Read:
Owl Be Home for Christmas: A Meg Langslow Mystery

Owl Be Home for Christmas: A Meg Langslow Mystery

(Meg Langslow #26)

New York Times bestselling author Donna Andrews returns with another Meg Langslow mystery written "firmly in the grand tradition of Agatha Christie's Christmas books" (Toronto Globe and Mail).

The 26th book and the sixth Christmas mystery in the Meg Lansglow series, Owl Be Home for Christmas is yet another wonderfully merry and funny book from New York Times bestselling
Published October 15th 2019 by Minotaur Books

Start your review of Owl Be Home for Christmas: A Meg Langslow Mystery
Tony
Jan 25, 2020 rated it liked it
This was my first Meg Langslow mystery and found it to be an enjoyable book, nothing outstanding, but a decent read. I won't go into a deep summary of the story and try to avoid too many spoilers, but Meg is coordinating an owl expo at the local inn for her grandfather's group of owl-fanatics. The inn gets "snowed in" by a massive winter storm, and during the "owl festivities", one of the expo attendees is murdered. With everyone confined to the inn, Meg sets out to figure out the guilty party. ...more
Mark Baker
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, 2019
It’s a few days before Christmas and Meg Langslow and much of her family are at the Caerphilly Inn for Owl Fest 2019, a conference being put on by Meg’s grandfather. Unfortunately, the worst winter storm in decades has also decided to visit, trapping the attendees in the hotel and possibly keeping them from going home for Christmas. As the snow continues to fall, tempers continue to rise. Owls are not without their controversy, but Dr. Frogmore seems to be at the center of much of the arguments ...more
Cheryl
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Meg is helping with her grandfather’s owl conference at the Caerphilly Inn. A huge snowstorm blocks everyone in. All is going ok, until a visiting ornithologists is murdered. No one can leave and the police can’t get there. So Meg and her grandfather try to figure out who did it. An attempt on Meg’s life makes it all too real. Some interesting facts about owls are included.
Bam cooks the books ;-)
Just after Christmas, I was browsing the new book shelf at the library and spotted this cozy Christmas mystery. There's nothing I like better this busy time of year: an easy-reading, intriguing mystery paired with a charming and festive Christmas setting. Once again, I found myself jumping into a long-standing series that is completely new to me--this is #26!--but I found I had no trouble reading this as a standalone.

Meg Langslow is helping her grandfather who is hosting a scientific conference
Meg
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another great adventure with Meg Langslow and family. Not as humorous, perhaps, plus missed the presence of Rob and more from the esteemed mayor. A good read nonetheless!
Dawn Michelle
Oh how I love this series, even 26 books in. These books are a rarity - they never get old, never feel like the same story over and over again with just new suspects and NEVER fail to amuse the heck out of me. The author, Donna Andrews, has such a way with words and it never fails that some character says something that makes me chuckle for long after the book is finished.

In this book, Meg and her family are at the local Inn with her Grandfather, helping him host an OwlFest - problem is, they
Taryn
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
In this 26th book of the series everything has gone to the owls! Let's grandfather is the most of A science conference and the subject is owls. Things are going well with the exception of the weather but even that isn't stopping the group from talking about everything that has to do with owls. When one of the visiting bird experts is murdered and a freak storm traps them in the Inn Meg worries about what will happen next. She knows she.must put her detective hat on and figure out who the killer ...more
Erin
Dec 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Meg is helping her grandfather at the Caerphilly Inn as a scientific conference on owls is taking place a few days before Christmas. When a severe storm comes in and traps everyone in the inn, everyone is panicked about how they are going to get home for Christmas. When one of the conference goers is found dead, they are quickly trying to solve the crime.

This was the first book in the series for me and with it actually being the 26th, I don't know how much that affected my enjoyment of this or
Kate Baxter
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Donna Andrews has done it again! This Christmas, Meg's entire family, just about, is in on all the "fun". I don't know how Donna does it; bringing her readers fresh new material 26 books into the series yet somehow she does it beautifully with amusement and witty dialogue.

Meg's grandfather is hosting the annual "Owl Fest" at the elegant Caerphilly Inn and Meg is on administrative duty as Dr. Blake's regular assistant has gone off to warmer lands to celebrate the holidays leaving the boss in the
Kaitlyn Dunnett
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Another winner from Donna Andrews. She's managed to do what few writers can--sustain a series for more than 25 books. This one has a nice twist at the end, plus many amusing moments thanks to the members of Meg's family and their friends. A light, fast read just right to lead up to the holidays.
Nancy Haddock
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've talked up Donna Andrews books for years, and can't see that stopping! I love any time spent with Meg and her often wacky family, but Christmastime stories might be the best of them! Always entertaining, always great plots and pacing, and always great fun! Only problem? I read them way too fast - I just can't make them last because there's never a dull moment! I do recommend starting with the first book, and then read to your heart's delight!
Kay
Love and fascinated by owls, but this book was lengthy and boring.
Teri-K
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had a lot of fun reading this - in fact I'd call it one of the best in the series. Meg is running her father's Conference on owls when a snowstorm hits and strands everyone at the local Inn. The ornithologists and other guests are fun to read about and the mystery was puzzling, though I did figure out part of it. There was a lot of humor, which you expect in these books, and a fair amount of Christmas detail. When I finished this I imediately wanted to watch Holiday Inn!

NB - For long time
Jerri Cachero
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When a snow storm traps Meg and all those she holds dear, a group of rowdy ornithologists studying owls and a murderer - in a luxury inn - chaos, comedy and murder reign! Days before Christmas Eve finds Meg and her family helping her Grandfather conduct a scientific convention on owl habitats and rehabilitation. However, when a snarky professor is murdered, there are too many suspects and almost not enough Lanslow's and extended family to help!

I always enjoy a Meg Lanslow mystery because the
Jan
Come for the laughs and puns, stay for a good mystery, and perhaps to learn some things!
It's nearing Hanukkah and Christmas and India holidays, plus Japanese and vegetarian interests when everyone wants to be with their friends and family in their own homes in the US, Australia, Japan, and elsewhere. But instead they are stuck in a five star resort in Caerphilly, Virginia snowed in by an unexpected pair of blizzards while attending a scientific conference, Owl Fest, for ornithologists and
Joan
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The ever efficient and capable Meg Langslow has been conscripted to assist her grandfather, who is hosting an owl convention at the Caerphilly Inn during a record breaking snow storm, which has isolated them completely. As usual, a large number of her family members are along to help.

A very unpopular scientist drops dead at the dinner table and only his assistant seems to be sad about it. The convention continues, the inn manager prepares a Christmas feast that will make all guests feel at
Patty
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Owl Be Home for Christmas by Donna Andrews is the 26th book in the Meg Langslow series, and another great addition. In this adventure Meg's grandfather is hosting a scientific conference on owls at the Caerphilly Inn, with the whole family pitching in to help. Unfortunately the conference is snowed in, so no one can leave, when a body is found. I love this series, and the wonderful characters. Caerphilly sounds like a great town, with all their quirky people and large families. The plot of the ...more
Dave Hoff
Feb 13, 2020 rated it liked it
A story of an Owl lovers convention. Barred owls, Spotted owls and crazy Birdy Professors all snowed in at a lodge. So if you give a hoot for study of owls, what they eat and what food was served at the convention, read on. Who-dun-it lovers, a murder does take place, because of the snow no suspect can leave and a Police Investigator happens to be stranded there also. Book does grab the reader near the end.
Lizzytish
Well, owl be. Meg is at it again! An owl conference brings everyone to a hotel where they end up getting snowed in. Birds of a feather flock to this conference where one of the attendees gets murdered! No, it wasn’t the crows. And Meg, of course, is right in the middle.

Popsugar for book with a pun in the title.
Anna Fox
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series is always a fun series to read. I have started listening to them on audio as well. The characters can be quirky (in a good way). Meg, Michael and the boys have a good relationship. I also like how Meg has developed a working relationship with law enforcement. They mysteries always keep me guessing and I'm always disappointed when I reach the end of the books (because I've reached the end).!

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for my eARC in exchange for an honest review.
Eileen Lynx
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another good installment in a great series.
Catherine
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
A murder mystery well worth reading.
Ellie Oberth
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. It doesn't get old. Very fun, well-written story.
Brenda
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I always enjoy a good cozy mystery and Holiday books are a weakness so, combining the two is a sure thing in my book ;) Stranded in a blizzard at a hotel conference for ornithologists, with the focus on owls, when one of the attendees is murdered. Meg and her grandfather work to find the m urderer despite their weather limited resources. A fun "hoo" done it to kick off the holiday reading season :)
Jill Heather
Oct 26, 2019 rated it liked it
I like the series, and I certainly like a snowed-in hotel locked room mystery, and I like owls, but it just didn't add up to as much as I would have liked.
Nicole Harris
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: adult-fic
A bit slower than normal (even the audiobook is read really slow), and series seems to have added so many characters along the way that they are side distractions now instead of being part of the story. Previous books would have a quick sentence about how a side character was used to the family but these past two books had conversations that were redundant or as if trying to teach/preach hidden in a fictional story.
Linnea
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-in-series
Funny and made you want to start the holidays
Sara
Oct 26, 2019 rated it liked it
You better really like owls if you want to like this book. Otherwise an okay book with a twist at the end.
Kyrie
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
I think this one is her best mystery so far. It's still got her humor (bad puns) but it's threaded through a really good whodunnit. The lack of the usual forensic stuff makes them have to scramble a bit. The lack of outside communication makes things challenging as well. Andrews puts a lot of twists and motives in the story, which keeps things interesting.

Meg is helping run an owl conference hosted by her grandfather. They get snowed in, and one of the more obnoxious attendees is murdered. 200
Jill
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
It’s been a rough year for Meg Langslow and her family. After a disastrous summer cruise (told in great detail in Terns of Endearment, the 25th book in Donna Andrews bestselling mystery series), now Meg is helping run her grandfather’s Owl Festival at Christmas time. And as if that’s not enough, there’s the giant blizzard that has everyone, festival attendees and not, stuck at the Caerphilly Inn for an indefinite amount of time.

The good news is that most of her family is also at the Inn, either
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Murder in the Corn Maze (A Granny Reid Mystery #2)
  • Invitation Only Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #26)
  • The Chocolate Shark Shenanigans
  • Here Comes Santa Paws (Melanie Travis, #24)
  • Shot Through the Hearth (A Fixer-Upper Mystery, #7)
  • Come Homicide or High Water
  • Sealed Off (A Maine Clambake Mystery, #8)
  • Mumbo Gumbo Murder (A Scrapbooking Mystery #16)
  • Read and Buried (Lighthouse Library Mystery, #6)
  • Statue of Limitations (A Goddess of Greene St. Mystery #1)
  • Christmas Sweets (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #18.5)
  • Death of a Gigolo (A Jaine Austen Mystery)
  • Word to the Wise (Library Lover's Mystery, #10)
  • Verse and Vengeance (A Magical Bookshop Mystery #4)
  • Beyond a Reasonable Stout (Sloan Krause #3)
  • There's A Murder Afoot (Sherlock Holmes Bookshop Mystery #5)
  • Fatal Cajun Festival: A Cajun Country Mystery
  • Careless Whiskers (Cat in the Stacks #12)
Donna Andrews was born in Yorktown, Virginia, the setting of Murder with Peacocks and Revenge of the Wrought Iron Flamingos, and now lives and works in Reston, Virginia. When not writing fiction, Andrews is a self-confessed nerd, rarely found away from her computer, unless she's messing in the garden

Meg Langslow (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Murder With Peacocks (Meg Langslow, #1)
  • Murder With Puffins (Meg Langslow, #2)
  • Revenge of the Wrought-Iron Flamingos (Meg Langslow, #3)
  • Crouching Buzzard, Leaping Loon (Meg Langslow, #4)
  • We'll Always Have Parrots (Meg Langslow, #5)
  • Owls Well That Ends Well (Meg Langslow, #6)
  • No Nest for the Wicket (Meg Langslow, #7)
  • The Penguin Who Knew Too Much (Meg Langslow, #8)
  • Cockatiels at Seven (Meg Langslow, #9)
  • Six Geese A-Slaying (Meg Langslow, #10)
“First in line was the Hanukkah table, all a-glitter with blue and silver tinsel and featuring a huge antique Art Deco menorah in sterling silver. There were platters of smoked salmon, trays of rugelach, babkas, and sufganiyot, and on small nearby steam tables, dishes of brisket and of latkes. The main table also held a large collection of side dishes or trimmings - cream cheese, applesauce, onions, pickles, horseradish, tomatoes, capers, and such - and was strewn with Hanukkah gelt and chocolate-marshmallow dreidels on pretzel sticks.” 0 likes
“The soup kettles included oyster stew, chili, matzoh ball soup, tomato soup, vegetable beef soup, hot and sour soup, and miso soup. The main dish table featured turkey, Virginia ham, prime rib, standing rib roast, pork roast, roast goose, Peking duck, lasagna, pizza, burritos, tamales, macaroni and cheese, and, in direct defiance of Grandfather's orders, grilled portobello mushrooms in red wine sauce.” 0 likes