Start by marking “Once Upon a Cowboy Christmas (River Ranch, #3)” as Want to Read:
Once Upon a Cowboy Christmas (River Ranch, #3)

Once Upon a Cowboy Christmas

(River Ranch #3)

Billionaires, cowboys, and romance collide during the holidays in this next book in the River Ranch series!

He left town and never looked back.
Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Published October 29th 2019 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Once Upon a Cowboy Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once Upon a Cowboy Christmas

Start your review of Once Upon a Cowboy Christmas (River Ranch, #3)
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Awwwe - sweet HEA.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Second chance romance stories are fun to read for the most part. Especially when so much is changed in the interim. It’s almost like they are strangers but better because they still had those warm feelings and love from when they were young.

The story was a little different because Cody admittedly had issues surrounding his family. That in turn shut Lexi out as well which led to heartbreak.

Written with deep feelings and emotional attachments to family and ill
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Once Upon a Cowboy Christmas by Soraya Lane

A River Ranch series novel. Contemporary romance. Can be read as a standalone.
Cody and Lexi were high school sweethearts. When Cody’s mother was diagnosed terminally ill, Cody left River Ranch and everyone behind. Cody returns for Christmas more than a decade later and finds Lexi in his childhood home caring for his father. She’s beautiful and kind and stirs his interest.

He thinks: continue where we left off with no strings and return to New York. Busi
Jessica Morales-Lafaille
This book is part of a series. I was weary about reading it as a standalone but I did not get lost. This is a second chance love story. I actually liked it but at times I found myself skimming through some of the pages.

I couldn't stop myself from loving Lucas father Walter and Lexi son Harry.

Lexi is one strong woman, single mom and she has to take care of her mother.

I was able to retrieve this book through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
★¸. • * ° *Jillie Anne * ° *•.¸☆
Book 3 into the series River Ranch.. So far my favorite in the series.

Billionaire’s son, Tanner Ford, a rodeo cowboy is injured enough to have a long recovery. Right away the words, private plane and Fiji Islands come up and you know this is not your usual man about town. What we know about him from the first book is that he’s asked his father for money and he’s wealthy.

Lauren walked away the first time. Determined to work for her career she pursued a medical carrier. Not a bad move, every youn
Beth
Once Upon a Cowboy Christmas is a great contemporary romance about second chances and spread some of that Christmas spirit.

Cody left his family’s ranch to make in big on Wall Street. He’s only coming home because his father is getting older and he wants to see him on Christmas, but he is not looking forward to his families expectations of him settling down with a family…he has his career, what else does he need. So, isn’t he surprised when his high school sweetheart is now his dad’s live-in nurs
Stacee
I loved the premise of this one and couldn’t resist an early Christmas story, sadly it was disappointing.

The main issue I had was that I didn’t care for either of the characters. Lexi was nice enough, but she was stuck in the past. Cody was super cocky and came across as self-centered. There’s a fairly large family, but it never felt confusing keeping everyone straight. The best part was Lexi’s son, Harry.

Plot wise, it was a bit all over the place and everything felt unfinished. The high schoo
Escape into a Booksite
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
*4 Stars*

ARC kindly received via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I'm a sucker for a second chance romance, and for cowboys, so this one had it all in there for me, ready to catch my eye.

I liked both Lexi and Cody, even if I did get frustrated with Cody a lot of the time. His family and also Lexi's son Harry were fabulous secondary characters too.

There's a lot going on in this one, on both main characters sides, but the storyline only covers a few days. It feels like it goes for m
Jypsy
Oct 13, 2019 marked it as to-read
Thank you NetGalley for an advanced copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

Once Upon A Cowboy Christmas
By: Soraya Lane

*Review* 🌟🌟🌟
Once Upon A Cowboy Christmas is a charming holiday read, and I enjoyed most of the story. Cody and Lexi were young sweethearts until he up and ran away. Now, he's back because his father has cancer. Ironically, Lexi is the father's nurse. There are so many questions and hurt from the past, and Lexi must decide if she can forgive Co
Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas, arcs
It's never too early to start reading Christmas Romances, especially when there are so many and the holiday season isn't long enough to read all the ones I want. When I read the synopsis for Once Upon A Cowboy, I was excited. Two of my favorites things are Christmas and cowboys. That said, this book had the potential to be a five star rating from me. But unfortunately, the hero was a bit too full of himself for me to love. By the end of the book I did like him, however I didn't love him and that ...more
Debby
This a first time read by the author, I enjoyed Soraya Lane's Once Upon a Cowboy Christmas.

Lexi and Cody were high school sweethearts until Cody went off to college and never look back breaking her heart. He returns after 15 years to visit his family and hope that the painful memories that surround his home do not rear its ugly head and envelope him to return to his life in New York City. He stumbles into the beautiful nurse/caretaker to his father, later to find out that it is Lexi, his old swe
patrick Lorelli
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, christmas
Cody Ford left home years ago because his mother was sick and dying from cancer. He did not want to continue to watch her suffer, is what he has told himself all of these years. Now coming home with the father being ill is bringing back those same feelings. The problem with being home is his younger brother and sister who stayed are looking at him expecting him to leave once again. The person taking care of their father Lexi Murphy has been not only taking care of the father but is also living o ...more
Eva Millien
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
He’d be content to stay in New York and dodge his family’s questions about when and with whom he plans to settle down and if he will do so back at home. But Cody Ford’s father is getting any younger and Cody doesn’t’ want to miss any last chances to see him and the folks back on the ranch. Lexi Murphy is working as Cody’s dad’s new live-in nurse and she holds a grudge against Cody since he believed he was too good for a small-town girl but she ever forgot him.

This second chance holiday romance
Blodeuedd Finland
Cody comes back for Christmas and see the woman he left 15 years ago. And does not recognize her, ok so that I could not believe. They had been a couple and he does not recognize her.

Back to the story. She is his dad's nurse. She needs this job. He is in love with his job, and he obviously never processed the death of his mum.

They meet again, they fall in lust. Then there is some drama that I can not mention, but let's just say he sees dollar signs and not humans. I did want to kick him there.
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

ONCE UPON A COWBOY CHRISTMAS is the third story in the River Ranch series. While there were many parts of Cody and Lexi’s story that I enjoyed (thanks to secondary characters) this is a story that I was rather torn on – not feeling connected to the main characters at times, or simply wishing they’d get over themselves and live in this moment, not in the past. Actions often have far-reaching consequences, this is something that Cody is about to learn firsthand.

Secondar
Karen M
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was looking for a guilty pleasure Christmas romance story. I know it’s not Christmas but Christmas stories are usually romances. Now I also love a good cowboy gets the girl romance so this book was perfect for me.

I did say guilty pleasure and I meant it. Stubborn good looking cowboys who are real men and the beautiful women who have either broken their hearts or had their hearts broken by the cowboy are just what a girl needs sometimes. This is about a girl that got left behind with a broken h
Lisa
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cody and Lexi have a second chance at love at Christmas. He's been avoiding home for years, and it's kind of weird how he didn't think anything about the girl he left behind. She's all kinds of awesome though. A good mom, great with Cody's family, sincere.

Cody's dad and Lexi's kid were honestly my fave characters, and I'm glad to see he could make a turn around on it all. Pretty good holiday romance. A couple little things made it less than 5 star for me but I enjoyed it.
Patrice
This is my first book by this author; Soraya Lane. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and had I had more free time I most likely would have finished this in one sitting. I could identify with the main characters and the author created a very good story. It was just a little predictable; but, in a good way. Of course everyone that reads a romance novel wants a HEA ending. Cody and Lexi are two likable characters and their situation/families/story are realistic. This story also touches briefly on the ...more
Shari
Nov 11, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: tried-to-finish
Did not finish - at 30% the hero was so unforgivable I could not continue reading. First he totally forgot about someone he supposedly love because of the painfulneess of his mother's illness and death. Just runs off. Then he finally recognizes her and feels somewhat bad, but not really because he tries to go about seducing her with no intention of hanging around. She's a single mom with a mom in a nursing home going under. What dude do you think you are doing besides messing with her life. Then ...more
Reviews from the Heart
I'm not sure I've ever read a Christmas romance before. For some reason they just never really appealed to me. Once Upon a Cowboy Christmas was a sweet story that pulled at my heartstrings and had me wishing for my own cowboy for Christmas.

~ Kimberly Anne

Goodreads: http://bit.ly/RftHGoodreads
MeWe: http://bi
Donna Repsher
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Once Upon a Cowboy Christmas is the third book in Soraya M. Lane's River Ranch series, but it's the first book in the series I've read as well as the first book I've read by this author, and I was somewhat less than thrilled with the experience for a number of reasons, which I'll get to, but because of those issues, I cannot give this novel more than a 2-star rating.

First, although part of a series, this novel worked just fine as a standalone--I had no trouble figuring out the many characters in
Sandy S
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date October 29, 2019

He left town and never looked back.
Cody Ford is a Wall Street honcho with humble Texas roots. This holiday season, he’d be content to just stay in New York and not face his family―and dodge their questions about when
Vania Nunes
Aug 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommended to Vania by: NetGalley
And here we go to the story of another Ford sibling, Cody.
Cody was a financier in New York. Even loving the country life and the family ranch, Cody desperately had to flee there due to his mother's terminal illness.
He couldn't see her dying day by day. So as soon as he finished high school, he went to Harvard and didn't come back.
His mother has passed away, and now, years later, his father has the same disease.
Cody came on the family private jet to celebrate what could be Walter Ford's last Chri
Ruthie Taylor
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

4.5*s of moving and charming ranch romance

This is the third book in the series, and whilst I think you would benefit from some of the back story, you could read this as a stand alone and enjoy it. You may choose to then go back and enjoy the previous two as well! I don't think it would spoil anything too badly if you chose to do that.

Ford senior is very sick, and wants his whole family home for Christmas, as it is likel
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC kindly received via Netgalley for an honest review

I love a second chance romance. One set around Christmas time? Well, I am just putty in the hands when it comes to reading them.

Cody and Lexi's story is full of emotion - it would switch me from loving to hating Cody in 2 paragraphs lol

I enjoyed the push/pull between our lovelies, never knowing where things would end up.

I was a big, big fan of Lexi's son and of Cody's father - they rounded out our MC's lives well.

Lexi is one strong woman - so
Maria
+++ I was invited to view this ARC through NetGalley and voluntarily reviewed it +++
I found “Once Upon a Cowboy Christmas”, by Soraya Lane (St. Martin's Paperbacks), an enjoyable read featuring a couple who were high school sweethearts and had a rough breakup.
I usually love this trope and this story was no exception, with a combination of bitter-sweet memories, regret, hurt, lost chances, misunderstandings and new beginnings. I really liked the way Soraya Lane wrote the familiarity, comfort and
Janet
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cody Ford is a Wall Street honcho with humble Texas roots. This holiday season, he’d be content to just stay in New York and not face his family—and dodge their questions about when and with whom he plans to settle down. But his father isn’t getting any younger, and Cody doesn’t want to miss any last chances to see him and the rest of the folks back on the ranch. The last person Cody was expecting to see was his one-time girlfriend, Lexi Murphy, who’s been working as his dad’s new live-in nurse. ...more
Jeanette
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
'It’s the most wonderful time of the year at the Ford family ranch. Will one cowboy’s homecoming be the greatest gift of all?'

It;s not often that i read a cowboy romance, but so pleased to have read this wonderful story by Soraya Lane. I've read a few of her books and have really enjoyed them. Once Upon a Cowboy Christmas was a book that was an easy read and one that i enjoyed curled up whilst all was quiet around the house. Loved the characters, but there were times when i felt like the two mai
Kari Hansen
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
When tragedy struck his family, Cody was unable to handle the emotional trauma so instead he left his family, his girlfriend and his hometown and only returns home for infrequent visits. He has forged a successful career in business but now that his father is ill, he has agreed to spend the holiday season with his family never expecting that would mean spending the season with the girl whose heart he broke as well.

Lexi has her hands full between caring for her mother, being a caregiver for Cody’
Andrea Britton
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Four Second Chance Stars.

I enjoyed this read. This was my first book by this author.

Christmastime at the Fords Ranch is entertaining say the least.

Cody Ford would rather stay in New York than head to the family ranch but with his fathers health, he decides to go home for Christmas. What he wasn’t expecting was to run into his ex girlfriend, Lexi Murphy. She is his dads nurse. And he definitely wasn’t expecting to feel all the emotions of being home, feeling lonely, feeling guilty and feeling
angelareadsbooks
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Do you like romance?
Do you like Christmas?
How about billionaires?
Or perhaps billionaire cowboys?
I do, and I loved Once Upon a Cowboy Christmas by Soraya Lane!!!

Cody Ford fled Texas when his mother became ill, and he has been living in NYC ever since. He returns home for Christmas to visit his father, as his health declines. Surprise of all surprises, his teenage sweetheart Lexi Murphy is his dad's live-in nurse! This was such a sweet second chance romance with a slow build and plenty of steam!

• A Cowboy Like You (Heart of Texas #4)
  • The Last Real Cowboy (Cold River Ranch, #3)
  • Forever My Duke (Unlikely Duchesses, #2)
  • Looking for a Cowboy (Heart of Texas #5)
  • Cold Heart, Warm Cowboy (Cold River Ranch, #2)
  • Christmas Angels
  • A Highlander is Coming to Town (Highland, Georgia #3)
  • Wild, Wild Rake (The Cavensham Heiresses #6)
  • An Everyday Hero (Heart of a Hero #2)
  • Tucker (The McBrides of Texas #2; Eternity Springs #17)
  • Highland Sword (Royal Highlander #3)
  • Gone With the Rogue (First Comes Love, #2)
  • This Earl of Mine (Bow Street Bachelors, #1)
  • Highland Jewel (Royal Highlander, #2)
  • Secret Nights with a Cowboy (Kittredge Ranch, #1)
  • When You Wish Upon a Rogue (Debutante Diaries, #3)
  • The Duke's Bride (12 Dukes of Christmas, #6)
  • The Duke Is But a Dream (Debutante Diaries, #2)
Soraya M. Lane is the Amazon Charts bestselling author of Wives of War and The Girls of Pearl Harbor.

Soraya's most recent release, The Last Correspondent, was published on Nov 1st, 2020, and it's already an Amazon #1 bestseller with over 3,500 Amazon reviews!

As a child, Soraya dreamed of becoming an author. Fast forward more than a few years, and Soraya is now living her dream! Soraya describes

River Ranch (4 books)
  • Cowboy Stole My Heart (River Ranch, #1)
  • All Night with the Cowboy (River Ranch, #2)
  • My One True Cowboy (River Ranch, #4)

News & Interviews