Start by marking “Wild, Wild Rake (The Cavensham Heiresses #6)” as Want to Read:
Wild, Wild Rake (The Cavensham Heiresses #6)

Wild, Wild Rake

(The Cavensham Heiresses #6)

Her first marriage was an epic failure.

Lady Avalon Warwyck never did love her husband. Arrogant, selfish, and cruel, it’s a blessing when she’s widowed and left to raise her son all by herself. Finally, Avalon can live freely and do the work she loves: helping fallen women become businesswomen. She’s lived these past ten years with no desire to remarry―that is, until M
Mass Market Paperback, 353 pages
Published February 25th 2020 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

Start your review of Wild, Wild Rake (The Cavensham Heiresses #6)
Stacey is Sassy
The second times the charm for our unlucky heroine…

When your confidence has been knocked, it’s hard to gain it back again. It’s amazing how quickly you start to doubt yourself and your abilities when someone attacks your core. That core could be the one thing you “thought” was your shining light. It could also be the one thing you are most leaves you the most vulnerable. Reading Wild, Wild Rake was like a revisit to my own vulnerabilities. I know what it’s like to have my shining light dimmed an
Tina
This is the 6 book in the cavensham heiresses series, so I cannot say much without spoil it. I feel this book starts super slow, but it so moving fast and I loved the middle and ending so much. I won an acr copy of this book for a goodreads giveaway, but this review is 100% my own opinion.
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
A sweet sexy story of a delightful naughty vicar and his strong love.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I love the twist in this story right from the beginning. A naughty vicar is definitely a great addition to the spice factor of any story but then to make him a virgin too? Oh yes.

This story started out strong and the author kept it going throughout. I love so much about this story! The initial hatred of each other. The snark and general dislike that gradually switched to the warm and fuzzy feelings.

I did have a ha
Maggie Whitworth
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
💋💋
Passionate and intense, Janna never fails to give you all the feels.
I adore this book.

Devon has such a beautiful way with him , an elegance with his reasoning and understanding and he is unfailingly patient with Avalon.
He shows that a man of intelligence and wit can find a deep and meaningful love, at the same time as being a member of the Ton.
So many books show them as rough and ready , sex maniacs that are only out to see how many beds they can visit.
This was both refreshing and
Lover of Romance
Apr 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Addicted To RomanceI received this book for free from St. Martin's Paperbacks in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

I have to say that the more that I end up reading Janna MacGregor the more that I become even more impressed. I don't say that too often about regency historical authors anymore, but Janna MacGregor really wowed me in this book and honestly I LEAST expected it to hap
Barbara Rogers
Series: The Cavensham Heiresses #6
Publication Date: 2/25/20
Number of Pages: 368
*** 3.5 Stars Rounded Up

I am so delighted to have finally gotten to know Devan Farris better. We’ve met him before, and frankly, I was confused by him. Was he a good guy or a – well – not bad guy but … Anyway, now we know. This is a well written, well-plotted story with very likable characters – some of whom we’ve met in other books. I even loved that the villain was duly punished!

Avalon and Devlin are prime examples
Andrea
Dec 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Dedication:
For those who ever felt they didn't fit in or weren't welcomed, but forged ahead and created their own place in the world.

2.5 stars rounded up because it has main characters who actually talk openly and honestly about things and there was no stupid misunderstanding blown all out of proportion!!!!! I cannot even begin to say how happy that makes me. The focus was really on the characters' growth and the relationship between Avalon and Devan developed naturally and over time.

I initiall
TeriLyn
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
**Wild, Wild Rake generously provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.**

I went into this book having only read book one of The Cavensham Heiresses series and felt as though it was fine to read as a standalone. The book was a bit rough for me unfortunately. The story neither held my whole attention nor engaged me as it started out slow and never kept me connected. The hero was the brightest spot in the book for me while it took a little longer for me to connect wit
Elodie
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Cavensham Heiresses Series #6
Janna MacGregor
Release date 02/25/2020
Publisher St Martin Paperback

Blurb :

Her first marriage was an epic fail.
Lady Avalon Warwyk never did love her husband. Arrogant, selfish, and cruel, it’s a blessing when she’s widowed and left to raise her son all by herself. Finally, Avalon can live freely and do the work she loves: helping fallen women become businesswomen. She’s lived these past ten years with no desi
eyes.2c
Troubled times for a lady! __________ 3.5

A couple of tropes happening here, the enemy turned to lover and the unexpected virgin--with a twist. Avalon, Marchioness of Warwyk, was married at a young age to Richard Pearce, the Marquess of Warwyk. He was a cad and bully. Her parents had forced her into this marriage, well both of them actually. Warwyk despised her for that even though he was the architect of his own problem, whilst Avalon was merely her parents' pawn. Yet she is painted by society a
Jypsy
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you St. Martins for an advanced copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

The Cavensham Heiresses #6
By: Janna MacGregor

*REVIEW* ☆☆☆☆
I love Regency romance, but Wild, Wild Rake is actually my first Janna MacGregor novel. I was not disappointed, and I intend to read the entire series. In this story, Avalon is a widow(gladly because her husband was a horrible man whom she never loved) with a son. On her own, Avalon can live as she chooses, so
Nursebookie
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wild, Wild Rake is the 6th book in Janna MacGregor's The Cavensham Heiresses series. I have not read any of the book from the series, and I still enjoyed this as a stand alone perfectly well. I WILL definitely go back and read the rest - I really enjoyed this regency period.

Lady Avalon Warwyck is a widow, and happily so as she was married to a nasty and cruel man, and was also raising her son Thane by herself. Avalon is an amazing heroine and helps fallen women become businesswomen.

Avalon cros
Debby
I've become a fan now of Janna MacGregor and enjoyed this story immensely. The plot was great and the characters were good also. When I first started I wasn't sure whether I was going to like the book but it turned out to be quite quite nice.

I thank the publisher and NetGalley for this ARC for a fair and honest re iew. All opinions are mine.
Krystal
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was ok
Like the other novels in this series, this story completely stands alone. While there may be mention of characters found in prior novels, it is done in a way that enhances the readers' enjoyment of the current story without overshadowing it in any way.

Speaking only to this novel... this one was hard to stay invested in. For one thing, I found it hard to understand how Devan didn't come under fire from the Bishop long before he did. While his reputation was apparently a lie, he was supposedly we
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I couldn’t wait for this book! It has one of my absolutely favorite tropes, the virgin hero! I really enjoyed this book. I loved both the hero and the heroine. I loved the friends to lovers. The only thing that would have made this book perfect is if the heroine had been more experienced.
Alison
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Cavensham Heiresses #6
Janna MacGregor
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Lady Avalon Warwyck never really loved her husband and he was not her choice at all. Her parents made her marry him. He’s arrogant, selfish, cruel, and it’s nothing short of a blessing when she is widowed and left to raise her son Thane all by herself. She can finally live freely and do the work that she loves to do which is helping women become businesswomen that would not normally have that chance in life. She has lived her life in p
Suzannah
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wild,Wild Rake is book 6 in the Cavensham Heiresses series by Janna MacGregor. I have to say I adored the characters in this book. Vicar Devan Farris is a wonderfully delicious hero. It is rare to find a romance that portrays a man of integrity and honor. Devan is all that and more. But his romance has anything but an easy start. In fact, this is more of an enemies to lovers trope. I struggled at first with Devan’s teasing manner towards the heroine- Avalon Warwyk. But as the story progressed, I ...more
Frankie (Chicks, Rogues and Scandals)
Well, what can I say about this marvellous book, that hasn’t been said already? It’s a beautifully intense and emotional story with two complex and sensitive characters.
This is actually the first I have read by Janna Macgregor, I don’t know how her books have gone under my radar for as long as they have done, I love her emotional and enlightening writing which is richly textured and engaging, I will certainly be reading more from this fine author,
Devan wasn’t at all how I thought he would be, I
Romance Schmomance (Malia)
Historical romance is not a genre that I normally gravitate towards, but I made it a goal of mine to read more of them in 2020. And  Wild,Wild Rake [image error] kicked things off for me, this year. Rake (well not the tool to collect leaves) and vicar were fairly new terms to, so it was interesting to learn about what that actually entailed in this one.

With this being my first read by Janna, I was completely sucked in from the very beginning. She even had my heart breaking and about ready t
Diane Peterson
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. I truly and thoroughly enjoyed this Janna MacGregor book! I think it is the best of the series -- so far!

Our heroine, Lady Avalon Warwyk has survived a bad marriage. Upon the death of her husband she is left with a young son, a lot of money and her dignity, but also with a very damaged heart. She lives at the family's estate and devotes her time to her son, Thane, and a program to assist women in trouble.

Devan Farris, vicar and younger brother of Thane's guardian, is assigned to the
Apr 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
DNF. Too slow for me. I couldn’t feel any chemistry and trust me, I so wanted to. I’m dying to read a good vicar/widow romance but sadly this wasn’t it. More needed to be said on his feelings for her. We barely knew what devan was thinking so it didn’t help me feel connected to him at all. Swing and a miss for me.
Sharlene
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, Janna MacGregor does it again. A fun, Historical Romance that pulls you in from page one and does not let you go. As delightful on the inside as is the gorgeous cover.
Niki
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, virgin-hero, steamy
3.5 stars rounded up.

Mr. Devan Farris is a vicar with a very rakish reputation, but what most don't know is that his wild ways are a carefully fabricated ruse to keep his meddling brother, the Earl of Larkton, at bay. Devan knows his brother means well with his constant attempts to set him up with lovely heiresses, but Devan longs for a loving match like their parents had and won't settle for less. Despite his frustrations with him, when the Earl asks Devan to transfer to a new parish to check u
Melissa
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Once a wild rake, always a wild rake." She pressed her lips to his "But you're mine."

Having been emotionally abused by her husband, Avalon builds her own life for herself by helping women who most people wouldn't give a second look due to their unsavory past. She vows that no man will ever control her again, especially one that has a reputation as a rake.

This story exceeded my expectations. Not only did at have a really strong main story, the action of the side characters really played into mak
Trude
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have become a huge fan of Janna MacGregor over the last couple of years. She writes some of the most romantic, sensual and sweet romance around! Wild, Wild Rake doesn't disappoint. Its a charming and emotional story. Devan and Avalon have appeared in other books...but this book is all theirs! We find out the truth of Avalon's first marriage. What turned her into Lady Warlock, as Devan likes to call her. We learn why he cultivates the title of rake.
Devan becomes the Parish Vicar when his brothe
Cyndi
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Regency romance. Our hero starts out as quite the jerk. His brother is friends with our heroine's husband. A husband that goes past being a jerk and into cruel. He didn't want to marry her and always lets her know that he blames her because he had to make a deal with her parents.
After he impregnates her he introduces her to his mistress, who just gave birth to their son.
This is the kind of romance that we all love to read. A strong heroine and a redeemable rake.
Sans
Why did I stay with it, keep reading when it was so squicky and bad? I don’t know. I do know that I have never used the vomit emoji more than I did forcing updates of this book on unsuspecting friends.
Becky
This is my second Janna MacGregor (I also read #5). This book can be read as a standalone, but the characters from the previous book (and possibly others) are in it. Also, the heroine from this story is the one that ruthlessly broke the heart of the hero in book 5. It's not a huge part of the story, which is why I say it can be read alone, but as usual with a series you will get more from the characters if it's read in order.

Avalon has had a horrible first marriage. Widowed, she is happy to rais
Chelsie
I’m not really a fan of romance, and romance novels. We all know what happens and how it works and so I will be honest, I was a bit hesitant on reading Wild, Wild Rake. This is another example of it judging a book by its cover! It’s got ton more to offer than romance, yes there is a little of that but it has a great historical storyline, as well as hope, family, mystery and one powerful woman at the forefront.

Lady Avalon Warwyk, often referred to as Warlock behind her back has been outcasted by
Maida
I admit to taking a while to warm up to Avalon because of her actions in a previous book and to Devan because of my discomfort in the clergy being a highly-sexual romantic lead. The revelation of his chastity mollified me somewhat. Avalon also redeemed herself in my eyes upon learning of her mistreatment by her husband and all her good works with regard to women in need.

I might have read this book at the wrong time because there were things that niggled at me when they wouldn't have at another

• Gone With the Rogue (First Comes Love, #2)
  • Highland Sword (Royal Highlander #3)
  • When You Wish Upon a Rogue (Debutante Diaries, #3)
  • To Catch an Earl (Bow Street Bachelors, #2)
  • Scot Under the Covers (Wild Wicked Highlanders, #2)
  • Forever My Duke (Unlikely Duchesses, #2)
  • Every Bit a Rogue (The Ellinghams, #4)
  • The Last Real Cowboy (Cold River Ranch, #3)
  • All Scot and Bothered (Devil You Know, #2)
  • An Heiress to Remember (The Gilded Age Girls Club, #3)
  • For the Sake of a Scottish Rake (Besotted Scots, #3)
  • An Inconvenient Duke (Lords of the Armory, #1)
  • Heiress for Hire (A Duke's Heiress, #1)
  • The Most Eligible Lord in London (The Lords of London #1)
  • Lord Holt Takes a Bride (Mating Habits of Scoundrels, #1)
  • The Bachelor (Duke Dynasty, #2)
  • Who Wants to Marry a Duke (Duke Dynasty #3)
  • The Highlander's English Bride (Clan Kendrick, #3)
Janna MacGregor was born and raised in the bootheel of Missouri. She credits her darling mom for introducing her to the happily-ever-after world of romance novels. Janna writes stories where compelling and powerful heroines meet and fall in love with their equally matched heroes. She is the mother of triplets and lives in Kansas City with her very own dashing rogue, and two smug, but not surprisin ...more

The Cavensham Heiresses (6 books)
  • The Bad Luck Bride (The Cavensham Heiresses #1)
  • The Bride Who Got Lucky (The Cavensham Heiresses #2)
  • The Luck of the Bride (The Cavensham Heiresses #3)
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Duke (The Cavensham Heiresses #4)
  • Rogue Most Wanted (The Cavensham Heiresses #5)

Articles featuring this book

Some people love books. Some people fall in love. And some people fall in love with books about falling in love. Every month our team takes a look...