Start by marking “The Bookworm Crush” as Want to Read:

The Bookworm Crush

This spinoff of The Replacement Crush featuring Amy and Toff is sure to melt your heart.

Shy bookworm Amy McIntyre is about to compete for the chance to interview her favorite author, who hasn't spoken to the press in years. The only way to win is to step out of the shadows and into the spotlight, but that level of confidence has never come easy.

The solution? A coCrush
Published October 29th 2019 by Entangled: Teen

To ask other readers questions about The Bookworm Crush, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bookworm Crush

Start your review of The Bookworm Crush
Toni
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, ya, 2019
A very cute sequel/ spin off to 'The replacement crush' by Lisa Brown Roberts. This time Amy MacIntyre, Vivian's best friend and co-blogger, gets her own chance at HEA. Amy has had a crush on Toff Nichols, Vivian's future stepbrother, for a very long time, but they seem to have very little in common. Toff is a gorgeous surfing champion with plenty of charisma and 'swagger', and absolutely no interest in books. When Amy decided to participate in a social media book contest, she asks Toff to becom ...more
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
Surfer Boy + Bookish Girl = Cutest Story Ever!

I laughed, cried, sighed and fell madly in love, so it's no surprise that The Book Worm Crush became an instant favorite! This story was the perfect mix of being cute and fluffy while also being deep and emotional. And with characters that leaped off of the pages and easily stole my heart, sigh, I absolutely loved this book. If you're looking for one last summerish read or if you love ya romance that is swoon worthy then definitely pick this one up!
God, he was a cliup!
Ever!
I ...more
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
The Bookworm Crush is my first book by Lisa Brown Reynolds and now I want to go back and read the first book in this world!! This was super cute! It’s been a long time since I’ve read a really sweet and fun Young Adult novel and this one certainly hit the spot. Huge props to the author for making me fall in love.

Here’s what I loved:
The trope is an absolute favorite of mine. The fake relationship trope is like my catnip. Not to mention books about booklovers are an absolute favorite. I can relate s
chloe ♡
i received a review copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. all opinions below are my own.

when i received an email from entangled teen telling me that the replacement crush was getting a spin-off novel, i was so excited. but then i realized that i remember absolutely nothing about the book except for how cute it was, and i was worried that it would ruin my reading experience for the bookworm crush. fortunately, other than the setting and the characters, the bookworm crush has a plot fully iown.
3.5
Jypsy
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you Entangled and NetGalley for an advanced copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

By: Lisa Brown Roberts

*REVIEW* 💖💖💖💖
The Bookworm Crush is a spin-off from a book I haven't read, but it's fine as a standalone. Amy and Toff-seventeen, young love, etc. Toff is a hottie. Amy lacks self confidence. This story is fun and engaging but predictable. I liked the bookstagram bits and what not sprinkled throughout the story. I think this b
Elley Murray
GUH, this book. It's probably an older teen YA book because of some serious-times making out and lead up to sex, even though the actual sex scenes are fade-to-black. The characters are approximately 17 (summer before senior year of high school). This is one of those prime examples where YA really needs two separate categories, one for young teens and one for older teens.

As a 33 year old lady I super loved this book. Amy is a ride-or-die romance reader, and there are allusions to seve
Shannon
The Bookworm Crush is such a cute book. As a bookworm and bookstagrammer myself, I loved the whole premise of this story. Fun bookish and pop culture references, talk about book reviews and arcs, book bloggers and vloggers- if it made my heart happy at this age, I can’t imagine how much I’d love this as a teen-age bibliophile!

For the most part, this was a light-hearted, fun read that any bookworm will enjoy.
But there were also some heavier, more emotional parts dealing with, an
Kristen
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This was so so fun! I read it in 4 hrs and stayed up way too late reading!
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
”She was a bookworm, not a daredevil.”

I feel as if I just read a book about my life—book blogger/reviewer life and all. I, too, am also way more comfortable with my nose in a book. They’re just so much easier to deal with than regular people! All jokes aside, this was beyond adorable.

Our heroine, Amy, is without a doubt my spirit animal. She’s nerdy, loves books, and she’s a major book reviewer! In order to meet her favorite author, Amy must participate in a competition. It’s where eve
Tara (Spinatale Reviews)
The Bookworm Crush was a completely adorable and heartwarming YA romantic comedy. If you’re a bookworm, you’ll definitely recognize some aspects of yourself in Amy. I actually hadn’t read The Replacement Crush prior to reading this one so I can vouch for the fact that you can still understand 100% of the events in this book without that background. But there’s a decent chance you’ll want to go back and read it afterward.

I wasn’t quite sure about the romance at first but, as the characters start
Lisa Roberts
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Hello, lovely readers!

It’s not the easiest time to be a romance writer, yet here I am, five-starring my own book, but more important, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐-ing romance.

I’m deeply aware of the important cultural sea change brought about by the #metoo movement and its impact on my favorite genre.

It’s more important than ever to write stories about those who earn love by opening up, risking vulnerability, and giving without expectation of receiving.

If you’ve read any of my books, you know how I writ
Claire (bookscoffeeandrepeat)
RTC

Huge thanks to Entangled Teen for providing access to an arc in exchange for an honest review.
Dayla
Review first appeared on my blog: Book Addict 24-7

I received a copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
___

When I received a copy of The Bookworm Crush by Lisa Brown Roberts in the mail, I was really excited because it looked so stinking cute. The cover is in the same style as so many recent romance releases, which immediately caught my eye--even though it threw me a little off because this is a Young Adult contemporary romance.

Amy is a bookworm who, while having a big/>I
Lisa Mandina
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG! I loved this book to death! This is the book written for book bloggers and readers alike. Especially those in love with romance books. Amy was so much myself as a teen, except it was just reading in my teenage years, and now as an adult there is all the social media and blogging that I totally would have been into back then, since I'm loving them now. Reading about all the assignments Amy had to complete in order to win the contest to meet her favorite author was just like hanging out with ...more
Stéphanie Louis
What I liked

This wouldn’t be me writing this review if I didn’t talk about the writing style. It was amazing. Easy to read, easy to get through and this book was so fast-paced that you can easily finish it in a few days or even on the same day if you have nothing else to do. But don’t do that! This book is so good you need to read it slowly so that it will never be over! Unfortunately, the end came pretty fast.

I also loved the storyline. I mean of course as a bookworm you
Lindsey
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When shy bookworm Amy whats to step outside of her comfort zone in order to win a contest to meet her favorite author, she enlists the help of confident surfer boy, Toff (who just so happens to be her lifelong crush, it's fine). As Amy gains traction in her online contest, she also has to confront the unavoidable tension between her and her "coach". Life doesn't always hand you your Darcy. But sometimes it does.

What a cute read! I haven't read Roberts other novels, but this story was really eas
Sara (A Gingerly Review)
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: physical-2019, 2019
This book was adorable! FRTC

**Huge thanks to the publisher for the advance copy!**
Shirley Cuypers
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, arc-beta, ebooks
Original review

This book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Entangled Teen!

The Bookworm Crush
is a Young Adult Contemporary about Amy, a bookworm, and Toff, a surfer. The Bookworm Crush is a spinoff of The Replacement Crush, but can be read as a standalone.

The Bookworm Crush is the first book I’ve read by Lisa Brown Robers and I really liked! I love reading books where the protagonist is a bookworm and I’m a sucker for the fake dating trope! The book was such a/>The/>This
Mary Seaman
Aug 26, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
ARC provided by Edelweiss

The Bookworm Crush was a cute, rom-com that I think book lovers will enjoy. It had young characters that were dealing with grief, fears, and understanding the complexity of love. Some of the references/writing was cheesy and I found some of it predictable. However, I think it's a book that avid readers will enjoy since it relates to the bookstagram world. An easy, lighthearted read.

Content warnings: grief, sex, and lot's of book/movie references
Sophia (Bookwyrming Thoughts)
The author/publisher provided a free copy of the book for review purposes - thank you! Receiving a review copy does not guarantee a positive review and therefore do not affect the opinion or content of the review.

I don't know how The Bookworm Crush got crushed out of my radar, but apparently it did until last month and aren't we glad this landed into my radar?

Because in this house, we stan books that are purely bookish, with references that will bring nostalgia on a nice and shiny platter. (My favorites from mi/>Because
Babel
Adorable. And a bookish girl's dream come true.

I smiled and fangirled all throughout this story because it is sweet and relatable on so many levels. The first chapter is hilarious and throws the main characters into a whirlwind of a totally serendipitous, unexpected and charming relationship. He is a hot surfer with more charisma than a hypnotist and she is a redheaded booknerd in need of swagger. In the most spontaneous yet perfect match, they embark on a mission together to win a b
Michelle (Love, Stars and Books)
(I received a free eARC from Netgalley for a voluntary and honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own)

Book review: The bookworm crush by Lisa Brown Roberts (3.5 stars)

The bookworm crush by Lisa Brown Roberts
Genre: YA, Romance, contemporary
Rating: 3.5/5 stars

(Synopsis from Goodreads)
This spinoff of The Replacement Crush featuring Amy and Toff is sure to melt your heart.

Shy bookworm Amy McIntyre is about to compete for a dream scholarship, and t
Paige Bernard
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this as a free eARC from Netgalley. This is my honest thoughts and opinions.

After having read The Replacement Crush last month and enjoying the cute rom-com feelings I gave TRC 4 stars and I was excited to have more of a focus on the bookish side of things. That bookish side bumped this book to 5 stars for me. This is a book for bibliophiles about bibliophiles.

Audibly laughing out loud in spots and having that sense of connection to the protagonist Amy, as she attempts to navigate a fake
Joanna
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Crushes were a curse, shutting down brain cells, derailing plans.”

This was absolutely adorable. The Bookworm Crush was such a cute read. It had a sweet slow burn, fake relationship romance with two adorable characters and a very fun plot. I loved how the story highlighted both of the main characters passions - romance books and surfing. It was super fun to be able to relate with all the book loving references!

Amy McIntyre is adorably shy and reserved. She’s a hopeless romantic, a dreamer, but m
Jeraca
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, library-ebook
I received this free eARC novel from Edelweiss. This is my honest review.

Amy is a shy, timid person who loves to read romance novels and run her book club. When it comes to books, and anyone who has the same love for books, she opens up and is a completely new person. But her personality is about to change, because she NEEDS to win this competition to meet her all time favorite author. And to do that, she needs confidence, swagger, and a lot of followers on social media. The best person who can
Ivana
This was a fun YA romance between a bookworm and a surfer. The book hooked me from the start with a funny meet cute involving kniffiti (vandalism but with knitting; the knitting version of graffiti) and the police. I stayed up way too late, interested in how our superdorky protagonist, Amy, was going to win a social media publishing house competition with the help of her confident surfer friend, Toff (LOL @ name). Toff becomes Amy’s “swagger” coach, and boosts Amy’s self-confidence, while Amy he ...more
Olivia
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: other-reviews
THE BOOKWORM CRUSH is an absolutely charming romantic comedy with all sorts of booklover homages. Amy McIntyre is @redheadrecs and she has had a crush on her BFF Viv's surfer brother-like friend, Toff, for a very long time. Amy is entering a social media contest to meet an other of choosing, and she is aiming for an author who hasn't done any appearances or signings in something like 20 years, so basically a unicorn.

When she is completing the first contest task, she commits kniffiti and ends up
Amanda Stelter
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**I received a copy of this book from Entangled Teen for my honest review. All thoughts are my own**

I absolutely adored this book! I can't get over how cute and relatable it was. I do wish there were photos to go along with the Bookstagram photos mentioned. Because, like, I need. NOW!

I do recommend this if you're a fan of cute YA romances. It's definitely one that I fell in love with, which is kinda tough for me. Me and YA romance have a weird things going on.
Pascale
First of all, I had never heard of yarn bombing or “kniffiti”. I absolutely thought it was a joke. I felt silly googling it, sure the author had made it up. You could’ve knocked me over with a feather when I discovered this is a actually “a thing”.

This was a cute teen romance. It wasn’t really my style and I found it a bit of a struggle to get into, but it was okay. I think I wasn’t really the target audience for this one. I think teens would really enjoy it, though.
Tammy
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed Toff helping Amy become more assertive. Their entries into the contest were fun to read about. The opposites attract came through well in the story. Book was a bit long and started to drag in points. Could have been shorter and still been a great read.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Sick Kids in Love
  • Would Like to Meet
  • Tweet Cute
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • Glow of the Fireflies
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • Fireborne (The Aurelian Cycle, #1)
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • 10 Blind Dates
  • Girl at Heart
  • Just Roommates (Blue Beech, #5)
  • Sisters of Shadow and Light (Sisters of Shadow and Light, #1)
  • Stuck with You (The First Kiss Hypothesis, #3)
  • Almost Just Friends (Wildstone, #4)
  • The Beast of Beswick
  • The Authenticity Project
  • The Worst Best Man
Lisa Brown Roberts’ award-winning YA romantic comedies have earned praise from Kirkus Reviews, Publishers Weekly, and School Library Journal.

Lisa's teenaged self tweezed off all her eyebrows, crashed a car into a tree while trying to impress a guy, and accidentally went to prom with someone else's boyfriend. When she couldn't fix any of this in real life, she made up imaginary happy endings in he