Start by marking “The Burning Shadow (Origin, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Burning Shadow (Origin, #2)

The Burning Shadow

(Origin #2)

When Evelyn Dasher crossed paths with Luc, she was thrown headfirst into the world of the Lux—only to discover that she was already far more involved in their world than she ever suspected.

Because the Luxen aren’t the only ones with a hidden past. There’s a gap in Evie’s memory, lost months of her life and a lingering sense that something happened, something she can’t
Published October 8th 2019 by Tor Teen

To ask other readers questions about The Burning Shadow, please sign up.
Dani Amaya
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of The Burning Shadow (Origin, #2)
✨ A ✨
Fear of Luxen has been spreading like wildfire. Now the humans aren't just afraid of Luxen killings. But a mysterious, as well as impossible, disease has been spreading. The victims were people in contact with Luxen.

The mystery Luxen disease has some effects that Luc and Co. have never seen before.

I'm going to keep this review short.

My reading tastes have definitely changed since I was a teen obssesed with JLA's books. This book was still as easy and addictive as all Armentrout's books are
Candace Robinson
I've loved the Lux series and especially loved the last book, The Darkest Star! My little alien babies are just so fun to read about!

My favorite thing about this book, as with the last one, was Luc! He just lights up every scene that he's in! I still wish that these books were from his perspective or that it was dual POV, but that's okay! Oh, and yes, there was some magnificent swoon! And let me not forget Evie because she has some fabulous character growth in this story!

My only complaint was
arini
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
#1 the darkest star
#2 the burning shadow
#3 the brightest night (tbr)

holy alien babies, im so h. i. g. h. on luc i cant think straight!! daemon will always be my number one, but for now let me just go all cougar on luc. :p (kay that sounds a little nasty. besides im only a couple years older than him.)

anyway, i dont think i can ever get tired of this world. im incapable of loving this book any less even though plot wise i think a 3 stars for this installment is already pretty generous. the
megs_bookrack
!!!! HEART EYES !!!!

This is going to look so great on the shelf next to The Darkest Star!!! Why does this make me ridiculously happy?

Davina Herondale

has
come
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
29. September 2019

GUESS WHO JUST READ THE FIRST THREE CHAPTERS!!!! THIS BITCH THATS WHO oh my god im so happy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
27. July 2019

hi yes its me, ya girl. i still dont have this in my hands and im v mopey about it

k bye
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
24. June 2019

i just requested again omg i really dont wanna be denied again guys im stressed
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
☽ TheBibliotheque
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-arc, 2019-faves
“Because I’ve already waited forever for this - for you. I’ve done nothing but watch and wait, and I am not walking away again. If I kiss you, if I touch you again, I will not be able to go back to the way things are now.” The next breath he took trembled as much as I was. “I won’t be able to pretend that you aren’t my everything.”

If that doesn’t make your heart explode in a fucking glitter fest then there’s nothing I can say to make you pick up this series. Except for the fact that Armentrout
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
The Burning Shadow was absolutely brilliant. It started out slow and steady and grew into an intricate story that was deep and emotional. I loved the ties into the Lux Series and that we got to see all of our old friends. It felt like coming home. But this book toyed with my emotions in the best way ever! Lies, love, betrayal, friendship and secrets splashed across the pages and it was beyond impossible to put this book down.
“Evie.” Luc said my name as if it were a prayer and a curse.
I took a
Sophia Triad
Nov 08, 2018 marked it as to-read
More Luc and Evelyn?!?

Read an Extended Excerpt ofThe Burning Shadowby Jennifer L. Armentrout:

All I wanted to do is eat a damn grilled cheese sandwich, eat some freaking soup, and be normal for five seconds...
Ashlee » Library In The Country
Sooooooo good! This whole time I thought this would be a duology until I got near the end and it hit me that there would have to be more. So many crazy twists and revelations!

I cannot wait to see where this goes next. RTC!
Beth
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ms Armentrout, You had me at LUC and kept me with the amazing storytelling.

Evelyn is a high school student that accidently stumbles into a secret that will change her life forever. You see, Evelyn has no memory for years of her past life and by entering a night club with her friends she discovers the world and people that she left behind.

The Burning Shadow has fantastic world building, an amazing cast of humor filled characters and aliens, a heartwarming romance and a reminder why I flat out
Deborah Obida
Even though I enjoyed reading this I have to admit that it didn't live up to expectations. More than 50% of the book was spent with no important incident whatsoever, just a regular high school drama which I so did not miss and its also why I avoid YA contemporary. The whole thing that happened with Sylvia is pretty much what happened to Kate in Lux series, a little originality wouldn't hurt anyone.

“An arrogant man will still feel immortal.” She lifted her gaze, meeting his. “Even on his
 Amelia
Nov 23, 2019 rated it did not like it
Are you looking for the most cliche thing ever? Do you enjoy repetitive writing? Do you find decent plot lines repulsive and avoid any sort of character development? Look no further, because this is the book for you *wink*

Considering I really liked the first book, this one can't be that bad, right? Surely I must have at least something good to say about it. Maybe even a whole list of pros vs cons? Nope.

Where do I even start? Maybe by saying that this book is the epitome of teen girl wish
Angelica
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
well that happened.

RTC
Sabrina
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
"You are as much a part of him as he is a part of you."

This was an action-packed, addicted, entertaining sequel to read.

I enjoyed this one a lot more than "The Darkest Star".
This was darker and had a more intriguing plot than the previous one.
There is a lot of new pieces of information in this book that I can't wait to see how it will be developed in the following books.

The writing continues the same, great with a lot of quotes worth of a highlight.

And I'm already dying for the sequel.

Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
You can find this review on my blog Shades of Paper.

“Death was a constant companion, with or without dangerous aliens.”

Oh, my my! I don’t know how I’m going to wait until next year for the final book to come out and know how everything it’s going to end after the ending of this book, because I don’t think I’ll be able to function. That was such a great sequel that kept me at the edge of my seat the entire time, and I think I enjoyed it even more than the first installment.

First of all, I’m
Nadine
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Annnnnnd... Cue book hangover.

The Burning Shadow is the second installment in the Origin series, a spinoff from The Lux series. The Burning Shadow picks up immediately after The Darkest Star. When I say immediately, I mean immediately. #grilledcheesegate

What makes The Burning Shadow incredible is its action packed plot and the chemistry between the main characters.

Whenever Evie and Luc are together, the scene is taken over by their palpable chemistry. Armentrout’s writing shines here because the
Alexandra
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I received an e-ARC from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. Review can be found on *Milky Way of Books*

Well, you have to give credit to Jennifer for always keeping me on my toes and having my heart being torn open! WOWOWOWOW!

What happened? How did we go from a mystery about the true enemy back to a conspiracy and tragedy!? I have to admit that despite the slow pacing, the book dropped hints about everything and as Luc, Evie and gang tried to solve everything they realized that the enemy
Tanya (Girl Plus Books)
4.5 STARS

It’s always tricky to review any book beyond the first in a series. You want to reveal enough to share what’s happening but not so much that you spoil anything from the previous book. The Darkest Star, last year’s start to the Origin series, was full of twists and turns and big reveals. The Burning Shadow dropped even more bombs. So I’m going to tread carefully.

In The Burning Shadow, Evie continues to struggle with her identity, trying to reconcile who she was with who she is now. And
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 4.5/5

The Burning Shadow is the second part of the Origin saga and pick up right after the first installment. I have to say that if in The Darkest Star, Luc and Evie already stole my heart, and managed to stop him on more than one occasion, in The Burning Shadow they have almost reduced him to ashes. With all the twists, surprises and moments of tension, it almost gave me an heart attack. The Darkest Star shows us a darker world than the one we live in the Lux saga, the Luxen invasion has
CerysAnne
Dec 03, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: cant-wait
Shadow... Shadow... Shadow... Surely I'm not the only one wondering what that could mean...

I have theories guys. A LOT of theories, and if they're right... Oh my God I cannot wait for this book to come already! I HAVE THEORIES AND I NEED TO KNOW IF THEY'RE RIGHT!
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Original review on Julalicious Book Paradise

Wow… Wow… Wow*… I seriously don’t know just how much more I can take because this was really an awesome book, but let’s just say that it’s a not a walk through the park. The author is making sure we are hanging on to every word and will leave you demanding more.

Seriously, this book is going to get you through so many emotions and hit you in the feels at moments you didn’t expect. I seriously felt each emotions as if I was any of the characters. Just so
mandy ❤
4.5 'We were made for each other' Stars!

*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.*

THE BURNING SHADOW, the sequel of The Darkest Star from the Origin Series, kicks off right where we were left in the first book. Evie is still trying to come to terms with all the revelations about herself. That she's not really Evelyn Dasher at all, but instead Nadia Holliday - a girl who had a life threatening cancer but was saved by a serum containing alien DNA. Evie still has no memories of her past life
Heather
I'm absolutely certain I can bump this up to 3.5 stars, but for some reason I can't give it the full 4 stars on Goodreads. I just have so many questions, man.

Not to sound redundant, but we all know that JLA is my favourite author. I would do anything for any of her books, past and future. And of those books, the Lux universe is by far by favourite. Maybe because it was the first YA series of hers I really got into, or its what solidified my love for her stories, but it holds a special place in
Yasamin
Feb 22, 2019 marked it as to-read
Feb 22nd, 2019

Oh, Jennifer, you are teasing me and it is working! Gaaaah I can't wait! My inner alien senses are tingling <3
Phuong ✯
3.5 Stars

The Darkest Star:
The Burning Shadow: 1/2
I just know that the next book is called "The Brightest Night"

First of all, I LOVED the first book The Darkest Star when I read it last year. The Lux series will always hold a very special place in my heart, cause it's the first series I read completely in English and fell in love with. Therefore I was so stoked to hear that we would be back in the world of Luxen/Origin etc. While it was good to see all these characters I love so dearly return
Talia (Red Hot Ink)
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All the stars in the universe!! If the first book was a 4.5 stars read and I said it didn’t quite measure up to the original series, the Burning Shadow went above and beyond. I loved every single moment and this book was packed with action, romance and a plot that had me glued to the pages. I am now itching to get my hands onto the next!!!!
bookrambler
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I still love the characters. I still love the banter. I still love the story and the world it’s set in. I still love Luc & Evie and all of the gang returning from the Lux series omg. It was just so fun returning to the world of Luxen/Origins/Arum. I want the next book already. ...more
Ahana M Rao (Heart’s Content)
*ARC provided kindly by publisher via Edelweiss. Thank you so much for the opportunity! The opinions stated below are in my own and in no way influenced.*

The Burning Shadow was frankly nothing like The Darkest Star. It was so very very much more. The whole story seemed to be perfectly streamlined and every single chapter was crafted with something essential occurring in it. No part of this book--be it a word, paragraph or chapter--was...untrimmed or unnecessary.

The book spills straight into the
julie
ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

holy alien babies.
i definitely enjoyed this one way better than the darkest star, i finally found the jennifer armentrout i adored since the main series lux.
it's trashy, it's messed up and what about it? i fucking loved it
finallyfinally we saw the old crew from lux and i can't wait for the next books.
(view spoiler)
Caden Armstrong
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had some issues getting into the first book in this series, but this sequel was truly amazing. I could not put this book down! It was so much fun being able to go back into the LUX series world and see all of my favorite characters again! I really cannot wait to see what JLA does with the rest of this series!

• Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • War of Hearts
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • The Beautiful (The Beautiful, #1)
  • Darkest Sinner
  • The Play (Briar U, #3)
  • Releasing The Gods (The Titan's Saga #1)
  • Rebel (Legend, #4)
  • Find Me Their Bones (Bring Me Their Hearts, #2)
  • Soul in Darkness
  • Dirty Letters
  • Winter (Evermore Academy, #1)
  • Girl in Luv (In Luv Duet, #1)
  • Frost and Flame (Gods of War, #2)
  • Reveal Me (Shatter Me #5.5)
  • Rage (Stormheart, #2)
  • Boy in Luv (In Luv Duet, #2)
  • Broken Knight (All Saints High, #2)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Charles Town, West Virginia. All the rumors

Origin (2 books)
  • The Darkest Star (Origin, #1)
“You,” he spoke. “It’s only ever been you. Before. Now. Later. There’s been no one else. There…just can’t be.” 8 likes
“There is only you and me. Boyfriend. Girlfriend. Mates. Lovers,” he said, and muscles low in my stomach curled tight. “I don’t care what you call me as long as you call me yours.” 6 likes