Start by marking “The Burning Shadow (Origin, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Burning Shadow (Origin, #2)

The Burning Shadow

(Origin #2)

When Evelyn Dasher crossed paths with Luc, she was thrown headfirst into the world of the Lux—only to discover that she was already far more involved in their world than she ever suspected.

Because the Luxen aren’t the only ones with a hidden past. There’s a gap in Evie’s memory, lost months of her life and a lingering sense that something happened, something she can’t reme
Published October 8th 2019 by Tor Teen

To ask other readers questions about The Burning Shadow, please sign up.
Dani (Paperback Wishes)
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of The Burning Shadow (Origin, #2)
megs_bookrack
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WHAT IN THE ACTUAL...

My goodness!

The amount of reveals in this story!! Man, if I had pearls on, I'd be clutching them!

Picking up directly after the events of The Darkest Star, the first book in the Origin series, The Burning Shadow takes us deeper into Evie Dasher's past.

She has huge blank spots in her memories and is beginning to question where she came from.

As Evie and Luc continue to grow closer, she comes to grips with her feelings for him.

With her defenses lowered, Luc lets his true self
Kat Valentine
Feb 02, 2020 marked it as to-read
The Burning shadow picks up from the darkest star. With evie and luc. Luc is trying to jog evie's memories of when she nadia, but just about the time they start making head way a terrible virus with flu like symptoms is going around killing humans and humans think that the luxe are behind it. And what are these shadows that seem to be around April the luxe hating ex friend of evie,and they can only be seen on photos! With so much going on in this book from evies and luc's getting closer and taki ...more
✨ A ✨
Fear of Luxen has been spreading like wildfire. Now the humans aren't just afraid of Luxen killings. But a mysterious, as well as impossible, disease has been spreading. The victims were people in contact with Luxen.

The mystery Luxen disease has some effects that Luc and Co. have never seen before.

I'm going to keep this review short.

My reading tastes have definitely changed since I was a teen obssesed with JLA's books. This book was still as easy and addictive as all Armentrout's books are bu
Arini
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
#1 the darkest star— 4 stars
#2 the burning shadow — 4 stars
#3 the brightest night (tbr)

holy alien babies, im so h. i. g. h. on luc i cant think straight!! daemon will always be my number one, but for now let me just go all cougar on luc. :p (kay that sounds a little nasty. besides im only a couple years older than him.)

anyway, i dont think i can ever get tired of this world. im incapable of loving this book any less even though plot wise i think a 3 stars for this installment is already pret
Candace Robinson
I've loved the Lux series and especially loved the last book, The Darkest Star! My little alien babies are just so fun to read about!

My favorite thing about this book, as with the last one, was Luc! He just lights up every scene that he's in! I still wish that these books were from his perspective or that it was dual POV, but that's okay! Oh, and yes, there was some magnificent swoon! And let me not forget Evie because she has some fabulous character growth in this story!

My only complaint was th
Davina Herondale

has
come
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
29. September 2019

GUESS WHO JUST READ THE FIRST THREE CHAPTERS!!!! THIS BITCH THATS WHO oh my god im so happy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
27. July 2019

hi yes its me, ya girl. i still dont have this in my hands and im v mopey about it

k bye
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
24. June 2019

i just requested again omg i really dont wanna be denied again guys im stressed
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TheBibliotheque ♡
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-arc, 2019-faves
“Because I’ve already waited forever for this - for you. I’ve done nothing but watch and wait, and I am not walking away again. If I kiss you, if I touch you again, I will not be able to go back to the way things are now.” The next breath he took trembled as much as I was. “I won’t be able to pretend that you aren’t my everything.”

If that doesn’t make your heart explode in a fucking glitter fest then there’s nothing I can say to make you pick up this series. Except for the fact that Armentrout i
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
The Burning Shadow was absolutely brilliant. It started out slow and steady and grew into an intricate story that was deep and emotional. I loved the ties into the Lux Series and that we got to see all of our old friends. It felt like coming home. But this book toyed with my emotions in the best way ever! Lies, love, betrayal, friendship and secrets splashed across the pages and it was beyond impossible to put this book down.
“Evie.” Luc said my name as if it were a prayer and a curse.
Ashlee » Library In The Country
Sooooooo good! This whole time I thought this would be a duology until I got near the end and it hit me that there would have to be more. So many crazy twists and revelations!

I cannot wait to see where this goes next. RTC!
Sophia Triad
Nov 08, 2018 marked it as to-read
More Luc and Evelyn?!?

Read an Extended Excerpt of The Burning Shadow by Jennifer L. Armentrout:

All I wanted to do is eat a damn grilled cheese sandwich, eat some freaking soup, and be normal for five seconds...
 Amelia
Nov 23, 2019 rated it did not like it
Are you looking for the most cliche thing ever? Do you enjoy repetitive writing? Do you find decent plot lines repulsive and avoid any sort of character development? Look no further, because this is the book for you *wink*

Considering I really liked the first book, this one can't be that bad, right? Surely I must have at least something good to say about it. Maybe even a whole list of pros vs cons? Nope.

Where do I even start? Maybe by saying that this book is the epitome of teen girl wish fulfi
Nana
Jun 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 burning stars

It cost me something to get into the reading at the beginning, I don't know , but after 30% it was not to stop reading.
Se puso buenisimoo,
and that end, damn was intense and I need more.

I can't wait for the next book.
Yodamom
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 (spoiler alert if you haven't read previous books)
It was a 3 then it grew into a 4 and bam the last 10% Went 5 stars with it's twisted wicked ending.
Humans can be such jerks ! Kill Kill Destroy, Kill, Overpower, Manipulate, and Own It All. Mwhahahahaha I'm so anti human right now, even wearing my alien lover badge. They thought the worst of the worst was over, but they were wrong.
Luc, Purrr Purrr he makes my inner cougar very happy. Oh dang it I went there. He's a dreamy package with purpl
Beth
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ms Armentrout, You had me at LUC and kept me with the amazing storytelling.

Evelyn is a high school student that accidently stumbles into a secret that will change her life forever. You see, Evelyn has no memory for years of her past life and by entering a night club with her friends she discovers the world and people that she left behind.

The Burning Shadow has fantastic world building, an amazing cast of humor filled characters and aliens, a heartwarming romance and a reminder why I flat out lov
Deborah Obida
Even though I enjoyed reading this I have to admit that it didn't live up to expectations. More than 50% of the book was spent with no important incident whatsoever, just a regular high school drama which I so did not miss and its also why I avoid YA contemporary. The whole thing that happened with Sylvia is pretty much what happened to Kate in Lux series, a little originality wouldn't hurt anyone.

“An arrogant man will still feel immortal.” She lifted her gaze, meeting his. “Even on his death
Sabrina
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
"You are as much a part of him as he is a part of you."

This was an action-packed, addicted, entertaining sequel to read.

I enjoyed this one a lot more than "The Darkest Star".
This was darker and had a more intriguing plot than the previous one.
There is a lot of new pieces of information in this book that I can't wait to see how it will be developed in the following books.

The writing continues the same, great with a lot of quotes worth of a highlight.

And I'm already dying for the sequel.

-----
Angelica
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
well that happened.

RTC
Mikky (Nocturnal Predators Reviews)
Originally posted at:

This was everything I wanted and SO MUCH more! Jennifer has done it again! Her writing has come such a long way since I read the Lux series. She knows how to write long books and keep me interested the whole way through.

Luc is now my favorite of all the book boyfriends I've encountered over the last decade or so! He's sweet and caring with a possessive streak that rears it's ugly head when things become dire. I also love that he's not afraid of a little something called
FLOR
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
God I love them so much.... I can´t wait to read the final one.
Roobie
⭐️3.5 stars⭐️

Real strength does not exist in muscles or deadly skill.
It exists in your ability to pick yourself up and keep going after the shit hits the fan.
That's strength.
Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
You can find this review on my blog Shades of Paper.

“Death was a constant companion, with or without dangerous aliens.”

Oh, my my! I don’t know how I’m going to wait until next year for the final book to come out and know how everything it’s going to end after the ending of this book, because I don’t think I’ll be able to function. That was such a great sequel that kept me at the edge of my seat the entire time, and I think I enjoyed it even more than the first installment.

First of al
Nadine
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Annnnnnd... Cue book hangover.

The Burning Shadow is the second installment in the Origin series, a spinoff from The Lux series. The Burning Shadow picks up immediately after The Darkest Star. When I say immediately, I mean immediately. #grilledcheesegate

What makes The Burning Shadow incredible is its action packed plot and the chemistry between the main characters.

Whenever Evie and Luc are together, the scene is taken over by their palpable chemistry. Armentrout’s writing shines here because the
Alexandra
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I received an e-ARC from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. Review can be found on *Milky Way of Books*

Well, you have to give credit to Jennifer for always keeping me on my toes and having my heart being torn open! WOWOWOWOW!

What happened? How did we go from a mystery about the true enemy back to a conspiracy and tragedy!? I have to admit that despite the slow pacing, the book dropped hints about everything and as Luc, Evie and gang tried to solve everything they realized that the enemy
Yasamin
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy cannoli!! Everything about this book was FIRE! I actually liked it more than the 1st book and I think it's because FINALLY Luc and Evie are together, plus it's more fast-paced and filled with BOOM BOOM BOOM SURPRISES!

What Jennifer writes is beyond smart. Yeah, it's about sexy aliens, romance, action, etc. etc. but the message behind her stories are what get me. The government, the media, the brainwashed people, does that ring a bell? I just love her writing and how she brings up topics tha
Tanya (Girl Plus Books)
4.5 STARS

It’s always tricky to review any book beyond the first in a series. You want to reveal enough to share what’s happening but not so much that you spoil anything from the previous book. The Darkest Star, last year’s start to the Origin series, was full of twists and turns and big reveals. The Burning Shadow dropped even more bombs. So I’m going to tread carefully.

In The Burning Shadow, Evie continues to struggle with her identity, trying to reconcile who she was with who she is now. And t
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 4.5/5

The Burning Shadow is the second part of the Origin saga and pick up right after the first installment. I have to say that if in The Darkest Star, Luc and Evie already stole my heart, and managed to stop him on more than one occasion, in The Burning Shadow they have almost reduced him to ashes. With all the twists, surprises and moments of tension, it almost gave me an heart attack. The Darkest Star shows us a darker world than the one we live in the Lux saga, the Luxen invasion has
CerysAnne
Dec 03, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: cant-wait
Shadow... Shadow... Shadow... Surely I'm not the only one wondering what that could mean...

I have theories guys. A LOT of theories, and if they're right... Oh my God I cannot wait for this book to come already! I HAVE THEORIES AND I NEED TO KNOW IF THEY'RE RIGHT!
Jenn
Guys...

description

So much happened in this book that I can't even wrap my mind around it yet.

Picking up after The Darkest Star, Evie is still working out who she really is and you can tell that it's beginning to weigh heavily on her. Trying to bridge the distance between Evie and Nadia often leaves her feeling confused and even angry. I did feel bad for her because you could tell she was trying to make the people around her happy but wasn't focusing on who she was internally.

Then there's Luc - don't get
Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: december-2019
3.5 Stars - I round up

Evie is trying to come to terms with the big bombshell dropped on her near the end of The Darkest Star. She's taking it all really well considering everything she ever thought was thrown to the wind. Luc is still clinging to the hope that Evie will be with him and trying to show her that he loves her no matter what. Throw in some wicked government type of experiments and you've got a recipe for an interesting romance book.

I do think this book is better than The Darkest Sta
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Original review on Julalicious Book Paradise

Wow… Wow… Wow*… I seriously don’t know just how much more I can take because this was really an awesome book, but let’s just say that it’s a not a walk through the park. The author is making sure we are hanging on to every word and will leave you demanding more.

Seriously, this book is going to get you through so many emotions and hit you in the feels at moments you didn’t expect. I seriously felt each emotions as if I was any of the characters. Just so

• Crave (Crave, #1)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • War of Hearts (True Immortality #1)
  • House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City, #1)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • Scorched (Frigid, #2)
  • Unchained - Nephilim Rising
  • Tempting the Bodyguard (Gamble Brothers, #3)
  • Imagine Me (Shatter Me, #6)
  • Dream Again (Again, #5)
  • Frigid (Frigid, #1)
  • Dream of You (Wait for You, #4.5)
  • Stay with Me (Wait for You, #3)
  • Opposition
  • The Bookworm Crush
  • Echoes Between Us
  • Holidate (Dating, #3)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Charles Town, West Virginia. All the rumors yo

Origin (3 books)
  • The Darkest Star (Origin, #1)
  • The Brightest Night (Origin, #3)