Start by marking “The Burning Shadow (Origin, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Burning Shadow (Origin, #2)

The Burning Shadow

(Origin #2)

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  11,514 ratings  ·  1,273 reviews
When Evelyn Dasher crossed paths with Luc, she was thrown headfirst into the world of the Lux—only to discover that she was already far more involved in their world than she ever suspected.

Because the Luxen aren’t the only ones with a hidden past. There’s a gap in Evie’s memory, lost months of her life and a lingering sense that something happened, something she can’t reme
Published October 8th 2019 by Tor Teen

To ask other readers questions about The Burning Shadow, please sign up.
Dani (Paperback Wishes)
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Jaylyn don't know how old this question is but it came out in 2020…moredon't know how old this question is but it came out in 2020(less)

·  11,514 ratings  ·  1,273 reviews

Start your review of The Burning Shadow (Origin, #2)
megs_bookrack
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WHAT IN THE ACTUAL F... Oh my goodness.
The amount of reveals in this book!

Y'all, if I was wearing pearls, I'd be clutching the heck out of them right now! I'm serious.

Picking up directly after the events of The Darkest Star, the first book in the Origin series, The Burning Shadow takes us deeper into protagonist, Evie Dasher's, past.

She has huge blank spots in her memories and is beginning to question where she came from.

As Evie and Luc continue to grow closer, she begins to come to grips with
Kat valentine ( Katsbookcornerreads)
The Burning shadow picks up from the darkest star. With evie and luc. Luc is trying to jog evie's memories of when she nadia, but just about the time they start making head way a terrible virus with flu like symptoms is going around killing humans and humans think that the luxe are behind it. And what are these shadows that seem to be around April the luxe hating ex friend of evie,and they can only be seen on photos! With so much going on in this book from evies and luc's getting closer and taki ...more
✨ A ✨
Fear of Luxen has been spreading like wildfire. Now the humans aren't just afraid of Luxen killings. But a mysterious, as well as impossible, disease has been spreading. The victims were people in contact with Luxen.

The mystery Luxen disease has some effects that Luc and Co. have never seen before.

I'm going to keep this review short.

My reading tastes have definitely changed since I was a teen obssesed with JLA's books. This book was still as easy and addictive as all Armentrout's books are bu
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️

Story/Plot: 📕📗📘📔📙
World building: 🌎🌏🌍🌎🌎
Character development: 👤👤👤👤👤

The setting: Earth

The Hero: Luc – One of the few “Origins” in existence. Origins are the result of a pregnancy between a Luxen (alien) and a mutated human. Humans become mutated with alien genetics after an alien heals them. Origins are stronger than Luxens.

The heroine: Evie/Nadia – Nadia and Luc were together until right after the Luxen invasion
Arini ~ Miss Casually Reading
holy alien babies, im so h. i. g. h. on luc i cant think straight!! daemon will always be my number one, but for now let me just go all cougar on luc. :p (kay that sounds a little nasty. besides im only a couple years older than him.)

anyway, i dont think i can ever get tired of this world. im incapable of loving this book any less even though plot wise i think a 3 stars for this installment is already pretty generous. the first half of it was a little tedious, but things quickly took a turn in t
~Calliope~
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing

“You’re real, Evie. It doesn’t matter who you used to be or who you thought you were. You are real, and I see you.”
Lia Carstairs
  “You,” he spoke. “It’s only ever been you.
Before. Now. Later. There’s been no one else.
There…just can’t be.”

Rereads are over.
Now......I must prepare myself for the real pain and torture JLA shall deliver.😓
Especially after THAT reveal.😨

The story picks up right after The Darkest Star with Luc, Evie, and Sylvia (her mother) all having 'lunch' together—tomato soup and grilled cheese, at the request of Luc of course.

What started off as a somewhat peaceful lunch . . . didn't really end

has
come
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
29. September 2019

GUESS WHO JUST READ THE FIRST THREE CHAPTERS!!!! THIS BITCH THATS WHO oh my god im so happy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
27. July 2019

hi yes its me, ya girl. i still dont have this in my hands and im v mopey about it

k bye
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
24. June 2019

i just requested again omg i really dont wanna be denied again guys im stressed
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bryce Rocks My Socks
Jan 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anybody with eyes to read
i want to make a litter of purple eyed alien babies with Luc. like a dozen at least cuz you know... practice makes perfect...

and can we just talk about how i totally forgot that this entire series is literally about a GLOBAL-FREAKING-PANDEMIC. Yup, right there in the book jacket it says it's about "a new flu-like fatal virus" except THIS virus includes hot aliens, steamy romance where he'd kill, barter, plead, suffer for her and, of course, some wack paranormal shit. I'm very disappointed about
em ♥
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-arc, 2019-faves
“Because I’ve already waited forever for this - for you. I’ve done nothing but watch and wait, and I am not walking away again. If I kiss you, if I touch you again, I will not be able to go back to the way things are now.” The next breath he took trembled as much as I was. “I won’t be able to pretend that you aren’t my everything.”

If that doesn’t make your heart explode in a fucking glitter fest then there’s nothing I can say to make you pick up this series. Except for the fact that Armentrout i
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
The Burning Shadow was absolutely brilliant. It started out slow and steady and grew into an intricate story that was deep and emotional. I loved the ties into the Lux Series and that we got to see all of our old friends. It felt like coming home. But this book toyed with my emotions in the best way ever! Lies, love, betrayal, friendship and secrets splashed across the pages and it was beyond impossible to put this book down.
“Evie.” Luc said my name as if it were a prayer and a curse.
Ashlee » libraryinthecountry
Sooooooo good! This whole time I thought this would be a duology until I got near the end and it hit me that there would have to be more. So many crazy twists and revelations!

I cannot wait to see where this goes next. RTC!
Carol
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Spin off series are great, but I always have little concerns in the back of my mind like I loved the lux series so much is the the spin off series going to hold my interest.

Well after the darkness star and now burning shadow I am all in and pleasantly surprised how hooked I am on this story, it is so good and I am even more addicted than I was after the Lux series, how dose Armentrout do it absolutely love her books.

Clear all your calendar get takeout and get ready for an awesome read you won't
Sophia Triad
Nov 08, 2018 marked it as to-read
More Luc and Evelyn?!?

Read an Extended Excerpt of The Burning Shadow by Jennifer L. Armentrout:

All I wanted to do is eat a damn grilled cheese sandwich, eat some freaking soup, and be normal for five seconds...
Nana
Jun 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
4 burning stars

It cost me something to get into the reading at the beginning, I don't know , but after 30% it was not to stop reading.
Se puso buenisimoo,
and that end, damn was intense and I need more.

I can't wait for the next book.
tay (taylor reads)
ugh i love luc so much😩😭
Beth
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ms Armentrout, You had me at LUC and kept me with the amazing storytelling.

Evelyn is a high school student that accidently stumbles into a secret that will change her life forever. You see, Evelyn has no memory for years of her past life and by entering a night club with her friends she discovers the world and people that she left behind.

The Burning Shadow has fantastic world building, an amazing cast of humor filled characters and aliens, a heartwarming romance and a reminder why I flat out lov
Yodamom
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 (spoiler alert if you haven't read previous books)
It was a 3 then it grew into a 4 and bam the last 10% Went 5 stars with it's twisted wicked ending.
Humans can be such jerks ! Kill Kill Destroy, Kill, Overpower, Manipulate, and Own It All. Mwhahahahaha I'm so anti human right now, even wearing my alien lover badge. They thought the worst of the worst was over, but they were wrong.
Luc, Purrr Purrr he makes my inner cougar very happy. Oh dang it I went there. He's a dreamy package with purpl
Deborah Obida
Even though I enjoyed reading this I have to admit that it didn't live up to expectations. More than 50% of the book was spent with no important incident whatsoever, just a regular high school drama which I so did not miss and its also why I avoid YA contemporary. The whole thing that happened with Sylvia is pretty much what happened to Kate in Lux series, a little originality wouldn't hurt anyone.

“An arrogant man will still feel immortal.” She lifted her gaze, meeting his. “Even on his death
Angelica
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
well that happened.

RTC
Mikky (Nocturnal Predators Reviews)
Originally posted at:

This was everything I wanted and SO MUCH more! Jennifer has done it again! Her writing has come such a long way since I read the Lux series. She knows how to write long books and keep me interested the whole way through.

Luc is now my favorite of all the book boyfriends I've encountered over the last decade or so! He's sweet and caring with a possessive streak that rears it's ugly head when things become dire. I also love that he's not afraid of a little something called
Sabrina
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
"You are as much a part of him as he is a part of you."

This was an action-packed, addicted, entertaining sequel to read.

I enjoyed this one a lot more than "The Darkest Star".
This was darker and had a more intriguing plot than the previous one.
There is a lot of new pieces of information in this book that I can't wait to see how it will be developed in the following books.

The writing continues the same, great with a lot of quotes worth of a highlight.

And I'm already dying for the sequel.

-----
Roobie
⭐️3.5 stars⭐️

Real strength does not exist in muscles or deadly skill.
It exists in your ability to pick yourself up and keep going after the shit hits the fan.
That's strength.
FLOR
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
God I love them so much.... I can´t wait to read the final one.
Patricia's Book Kingdom
This book is looooooong and I loved every second of it. A lot happens in this book, a lot of things are revealed, some of which I am not sure how to feel about. I am not sure I am fan of the direction Jennifer has taken this book. Aliens, hybrids, origins and now this... I think this is a step too far but we will see how it will turn out in the upcoming books.

I still love Luc and his ridiculous shirts. I love how he can be so arrogant and cocky one minute and then charming and sweet the next. H
Nadine
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Annnnnnd... Cue book hangover.

The Burning Shadow is the second installment in the Origin series, a spinoff from The Lux series. The Burning Shadow picks up immediately after The Darkest Star. When I say immediately, I mean immediately. #grilledcheesegate

What makes The Burning Shadow incredible is its action packed plot and the chemistry between the main characters.

Whenever Evie and Luc are together, the scene is taken over by their palpable chemistry. Armentrout’s writing shines here because the
Aaliyah Reads
May 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
4.5/5⭐️

This book was so good! i had a great cry over it🤡

I love Evie and Luc so much, they’re literally so cute❤️🥰

The side characters are great as well!! I’ll probably write a longer review when i finish all three books and post it on my instagram🤩
Yasamin
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy cannoli!! Everything about this book was FIRE! I actually liked it more than the 1st book and I think it's because FINALLY Luc and Evie are together, plus it's more fast-paced and filled with BOOM BOOM BOOM SURPRISES!

What Jennifer writes is beyond smart. Yeah, it's about sexy aliens, romance, action, etc. etc. but the message behind her stories are what get me. The government, the media, the brainwashed people, does that ring a bell? I just love her writing and how she brings up topics tha
Alexandra
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I received an e-ARC from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. Review can be found on *Milky Way of Books*

Well, you have to give credit to Jennifer for always keeping me on my toes and having my heart being torn open! WOWOWOWOW!

What happened? How did we go from a mystery about the true enemy back to a conspiracy and tragedy!? I have to admit that despite the slow pacing, the book dropped hints about everything and as Luc, Evie and gang tried to solve everything they realized that the enemy
jessica
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
sooo, where can i get a luc? totally asking for a friend…

i feel like theres a little bit too much going on in this installment. its literally one bad thing after another and it kind of gets old. but im still really enjoying this series. and luc. did i mention luc?

also, the next book is going to be called ‘the brightest night.’ im calling it right here and now. i would put a million dollars on it, if i could.

4 stars

• Tempting the Bodyguard (Gamble Brothers, #3)
  • Unchained - Nephilim Rising
  • Tempting the Player (Gamble Brothers, #2)
  • Stay with Me (Wait for You, #3)
  • Tempting the Best Man (Gamble Brothers, #1)
  • Dream of You (Wait for You, #4.5)
  • Be with Me (Wait for You, #2)
  • Scorched (Frigid, #2)
  • Frigid (Frigid, #1)
  • Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)
  • Holidate (Dating, #3)
  • Unearthed (Death Seeker, #1)
  • Mason (Trinity Academy #2)
  • Finding Storm (The Storm, #4)
  • Ascending From Madness (Winterland Tale, #2)
  • Prey (Blackwater Pack #2)
  • #HEA: Happily Ever After (GearShark #6.5)
  • Fall with Me (Wait for You, #4)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Charles Town, West Virginia. All the rumors yo

Origin (4 books)
  • The Darkest Star (Origin, #1)
  • The Brightest Night (Origin, #3)
  • The Fevered Winter (Origin, #4)