Start by marking “The Christmas Shop” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Shop

The Christmas Shop

From USA Today bestselling author Nancy Naigle, The Christmas Shop is a heartwarming Christmas story about finding your passion for life and love.

Angela Carson wants nothing more than to be the third-generation to run her family’s holiday store, Heart of Christmas, successfully. They’ve weathered over sixty tourist seasons, major hurricanes, and urban sprawl, in their old
Published September 24th 2019 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Shop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Shop

Start your review of The Christmas Shop
Berit☀️✨
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, net-galley
Dear Santa,
I have been very good this year, so I am certain that I am on the nice list! All I want for Christmas is more time in every day to read all the fabulous books in the world! I also wouldn’t mind a winning lottery ticket! Hope Mrs. Klos is being good to you, I will have the cookies waiting!
Thanks so much,
Berit
PS: give Rudolph a carrot from me!

This was a fun sweet holiday story reminiscent of the movie “You’ve Got Mail“... really the perfect book to put you in the festive mood... filled
Mackey
We all have written that proverbial "Dear Santa" letter at least sometime in our lives. It's a letter where children pour out their hearts to Santa and ask, okay beg, for all of their wishes to come true on Christmas morning. In Dear Santa, a very adult Angela, through the encouragement of her adorable niece, writes such a letter using an online app. It is Angela's last hope for her failing business.

Angela's only goal in life was to successfully run her family's business, a Christmas store set
Carrie
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Dear Santa by Nancy Naigle is a contemporary romance that is of course set at Christmas time. Told by alternating the point of view between the characters this one reminds me a bit of You’ve Got Mail the holiday version.

Angela Carson inherited her shop, Heart of Christmas, from her grandmother and doesn’t want to admit that after being in the family for generations she is struggling. When a new big box store moves into the small town, Christmas Galore, it may just be the last nail in the coffin
Amy
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I know I’m not the only one who loves the slightly cheesy movies the Hallmark Channel plays in the run up to Christmas, right?! There’s something so sweet and innocent about them, yes they’re predictable but there is comfort in predictability and they provide such a great escape from real life. If you’re a fan of those kind of movies then you have got to read this book, I just know it’ll show up on that channel eventually and it’s perfect for fans of holiday romances.

The first thing I heard
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Dear Santa by Nancy Naigle

Anita and Geoff are business rivals. They are also immensely attracted to each other. You feel their connection throughout the story and hope it works out. You’ve Got Mail holiday romance in a beach town deep with history. Charming and delightful.

The Santa letters as chapter headers were adorable. Sometimes funny, some sad. I often thought about what my reply would be. The Pleasant Sands history chapter headers were well thought out and made the town real.

A wonderful
The Lit Bitch
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s November first and I am in full holiday mode. I’m on of those obnoxious people that starts decorating and shopping for Christmas immediately following Halloween.

I started my holiday reading a little early this year (normally I wait until after Halloween) since there were a lot of holiday books coming out. This is one that I had my eye on, mostly because it sounded like it was going to be an epistolary novel.

This book did have a lot of letter components and it reminded me of “You’ve Got
Liina
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Angela owns and runs a holiday store called Heart of Christmas, it's been in their family for generations and she wants to continue with that, but unfortunately the store is doing very well and she might have to close it. There's also a new store in town calledChristmas Galore, where things are sold cheaper and it attracts more people in. The new store is owned by Geoff and his mom. Geoff's mom answers to Santa letters via e-mail, but when she falls ill, Geoff answers them himself. Angela's ...more
Olivia
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Dear Santa" is really the Christmas version of "You've Got Mail"- they are very similar. Angela works at Heart of Christmas, a store in North Carolina that features handmade and one-of-a-kind items related to Christmas out of a former lighthouse. She inherited the store from her grandmother (she and her sister Marie came to live with her grandmother after their mother died and their father left), who had in turn inherited it. Angela loves the store- it's family and so much a part of her.

Patrice
This is the second one of Nancy Naigle's books that I have read. So far, I just love her stories. This is well written and the flow/pace is "spot-on". It left me with that "good feeling" when I finished. There are often have common social issues addressed in her stories, along with some romance thrown in. I feel that they center around family and then touch on current issues in today's society.

Our story begins on Thanksgiving day and we learn that Angela is about to lose her family business in
Dianne
My Rating: 3 Stars

Remember the magic of writing to Santa, secure in the knowledge that he could grant every with you had? DEAR SANTA by Nancy Naigle is the story of the magic of Christmas, Santa and discovering that as one door closes, another one opens.

A small town, a landmark Christmas store in trouble and a new chain store coming to town to further cement its demise are the backdrop for two competitors to meet, bristle at and find unexpected romance and a chance for a new beginning.

I was
Heidi
Nov 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three stars: A holiday book that borrows too heavily from You’ve Got Mail.

Angela Carson is doing everything she can to save her Christmas store. Christmas Galore is a small, upscale boutique that has been in her family for three generations. The little store resides in an old lighthouse, and it is packed full of unique Christmas goods. Disaster strikes when Christmas Galore moves into the small coastal town with all of its cheap merchandise and big sales. Angela is sick at the thought of losing
Jaime ~ Fiction Fangirls
3.5 Stars
This was a festive, heartwarming story perfect for fans of Hallmark movies and wholesome, small town romances.

I enjoyed the story though, at times, it dragged a little bit for me. I love the whole “You’ve Got Mail” storyline but I tend to get frustrated that the characters can’t see the obvious signs pointing to who their secret pen-pal/online friend is. That’s more of a general irritation though and not a judgment on the authors storytelling.

Definitely pick this up if you’re looking
Judy Christiana
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This the first book I have read by Nancy Naigle. I am so happy to find a new author! I read the summary of the story and after reading that it was similar to the movie “You’ve Got Mail”’ I thought I would really enjoy this book. My feelings were so true. The basic storyline is very similar, in that the couple meeting in person do not get along, but as hidden identities in emails, they connect well.

Angela owns and operates Heart of Christmas, an upscale Christmas store that has been in her
Bette Hansen
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic! A Hallmark holiday movie in a book. Angela Carson has been working hard to keep her family's Christmas shop up and running but when a big box Christmas store opens in town it's the final blow and she's afraid the end is near. To add insult to injury Geoff Paisley is the most arrogant, infuriating and, darn it, attractive man she's ever met. He's also the head of the big box monster. Now not only does she have to come to terms with the fact that she'll need to close her beloved store ...more
Hannah
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC REVIEW

My favorite this year, so far, for Christmas books. Dear Santa is a Christmas version of You Got Mail and I think I liked it better than YGM. This was a heartwarming romance with funny situations and lovable characters especially one adorable niece. I haven't read Nancy Naigle before but if her other books are just as good as this one then I have a new potential favorite author for this genre, right up their with Debbie Mason and Emily March.

In the little tourist town of Pleasant
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
If you are a fan of the movie "You've Got Mail" then you are going to enjoy this book!

Pleasant Sands NC is a quaint beach town that has a huge influx of visitors during the summer. It sounded like a place I wouldn't mind visiting (in the off season!). Angela is quite the fixture in this town, she has lived here nearly her whole live and has quite a few facts in her head about the town and its history. I loved the "fact of the day" at the beginning of each chapter. Geoff is a recent addition to
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Dear Santa by Nancy Naigle is the story of Geoff Paisley and Angela Carson.
This was a fun read with Geoff and Angela on different sides and heated arguments. But when Geoff fills in for Dear Santa and Angel writes to Dear Santa they end up corresponding without really knowing who at the other end.
Enjoyed the Christmas love story.
Patricia Romero
Angela Carson inherited her lighthouse turned holiday store, Heart of Christmas as well as her Grandmother's beach home.

The business has been run by three generations of women trying to support their family and being a part of the small town of Pleasant Sands, North Carolina.

But since a new chain store has come to town, this may be the last generation to have a store.

As Angela struggles to make a decision, her niece suggests she write to Santa on her app. To get her sister off of her back, she
Susan Shearer
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dear Santa by Nancy Naigle opened my heart and made me believe in the magic of Christmas and Santa, something that I didn’t know that I had known I had lost.
Angela Carson owned a little family year round Christmas store that was not doing good financially in the family’s old lighthouse. Angela believed in ‘old fashioned’ items that were one of a kind and hand-made.
Geoff Paisley and his mother owned Christmas Galore a new retail store in town that sold Christmas items (and almost anything else
Christyg
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a cute Christmas story! It's a spin on the 'You've Got Mail' storyline but with Christmas stores in a tourist town. Angela is a character that felt that I would be friends with. This makes a story more enjoyable to me. A new store had moved to town and has contributed to her shop failing. Geoff is the owner of the new Christmas store in town. The two have very different philosophies for their businesses and end up butting heads sometimes in public ways. In a twist of events, Angela writes a ...more
Pam
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very well written, heartwarming tale about family, traditions & love. Angela is trying to keep up the tradition of running the Heart of Christmas, a boutique Christmas store. Her family has always been from Pleasant Sands & Angela has fell into being the keeper of history & the stories. As her business is failing, she blames it on a new Christmas superstore that has opened up. She clashes with the owner in person but is developing a relationship with him by email without ...more
Living My Best Book Life
description

In case you didn’t know, Christmas is my favorite time of the year. And because of this, I love reading Christmas romance novels. When I first read the synopsis, it mentioned that this book was a retelling of You’ve Got Mail. I was like “What’s that?”. I know…I know. I need to watch this movie. I will go watch it as soon as I finish this review. Promise. I was intrigued with the Dear Santa letters aspect and was excited to read.

After I read the first few chapters, I was hooked on the story. I
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received via Netgalley for an honest review

I am such a sucker for a Christmas novel, and when the novel is a Christmas retelling of the movie "You've Got Mail" - well, sign me up!

This is the first book by Ms Naigle that I have read, and I really did enjoy it. If you have seen the movie, there is nothing in the book that is going to surprise you, however that didn't bother me in the least. After a run of thrillers and crime books, a cute, sweet fluffy book was just what I needed.

I love the
Sandy Kelly
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is about Angela Carson and Geoff Paisley. Angela is trying to keep her family's store Heart of Christmas open. She is the third generation to run it but sales just haven't been where they needed to be and now another store has opened and is pulling even more sales away. Now she has to make the decision on whether to keep trying to keep the store open or not. And her niece comes up with the idea of writing to Santa for help because Santa can fix everything if you just believe. Geoff is the ...more
Gail
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First time reading this author but it will not be my last. Loved the cover of the book too!

A heartwarming Christmas story that will melt your heart. It reminds me of the movie You Got Mail that I love to watch. I loved every minute of the story and hated to see it end. It would make for a great Hallmark movie!
Aud
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Dear Santa" by Nancy Naigle
I loved this sweet, clean contemporary romance. I fell in love with Pleasant Sands, NC.... and the stars of the story Angela & Geoff... Well to be honest it took me awhile to warm up to Geoff. I laughed and chuckled and had tears run down my cheeks.. And one of these days I plan to read this story again. I was gifted an ARC copy by the publisher via NetGalley. I am pleased to give you my review. I am sure you will enjoy your time in this story.
Annette
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you enjoy the films You've Got Mail and The Shop Around The Corner, you will love this book.

Angela has lived here in this North Carolina coastal town, Pleasant Sands, all her life. She has inherited her beloved grandmother's Christmas store, Heart of Christmas. She sells special Christmas treasures. Her store has been a part of town life for generations. Angela has taken great pride in being able to continue her family's business and carry on her grandmother's plan.

Recently things have all
Gloria
Dear Santa is a touching story of a small town family owned business of generations is having to close its doors. But it is a story of hope, moving forward and a new romance.
Angela Carson's family has owned the shop, Heart of Christmas, for generations. The lovely shop sells high end quality Christmas items in a old decommissioned lighthouse. Her great, great grandmother took over as lighthouse keeper after the death of her husband and when a new lighthouse was built, she made ornaments from
Book Him Danno
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you want to get in the Christmas spirit this is a excellent book to start you on your journey. It weaves a beautiful romance around the heroine and the man she wants to hold responsible for the death peal over the Christmas store business she received on the death of her grandmother. She writes a letter to Santa, at the behest of her young niece, and so the Christmas magic begins to unfold. Will true love win over the Grinch?

I have rated this book 4 stars.

I received an ARC from Netgalley for

• Second Chance at Two Love Lane
  • The Christmas Wishing Tree (Eternity Springs, #15)
  • Christmas at the Chalet: A Novel
  • Maybe for You (Whiskey and Weddings, #3)
  • A True Cowboy Christmas (Cold River Ranch, #1)
  • The Christmas Star (Christmas Hope #9)
  • Set the Night on Fire (Cottonbloom, #6)
  • The Cottage on Rose Lane
  • The Military Wife (A Heart of a Hero, #1)
  • First Earl I See Tonight (Debutante Diaries, #1)
  • A Love So Sweet (Sweet with Heat: Weston Bradens Book #1)
  • Coming Home for Christmas (Haven Point, #10)
  • Jackson (The McBrides of Texas #1; Eternity Springs #16)
  • Christmas on Mistletoe Lane (Sweetwater Springs, #1)
  • Getting Hot with the Scot (Sometimes in Love, #1)
  • Smitten by the Brit (Sometimes in Love, #2)
  • A Mrs. Miracle Christmas
  • Snowfall on Cedar Trail (Sweetwater Springs #3)
USA TODAY Bestselling author, Nancy Naigle, writes love stories from the crossroad of small town and suspense.

With a career spent on the cutting edge of technology in the banking industry, she never let go of her dream to write. Now she works full-time writing stories that are a calming blend of community, family, and the simple things in life. She writes the kind of stories she hopes will