Start by marking “Goalie Interference (Hat Trick, #2)” as Want to Read:
Goalie Interference (Hat Trick, #2)

Goalie Interference

(Hat Trick #2)

It’s goalie vs. goalie in this brand-new enemies-to-lovers hockey romance from Avon Gale and Piper Vaughn…

Ryu Mori has had a stellar season as goalie for the Atlanta Venom. So when he’s called into management’s office, he’s expecting to hear he’s the new starting goalie for the team, not that some new guy—an incredibly hot, annoyingly bratty rookie—is here to compete f
Published September 30th 2019 by Carina Press

Start your review of Goalie Interference (Hat Trick, #2)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
If you haven't read the first book in the series, Goalie Interference can be read as a standalone.

Tristan and Seb are present as secondary characters, but they are not integral to the story. More present is Morley, Emmitt and Riu's boisterous, chill AF team mate, who, I sincerely hope, is getting his own book. Morley sleeps with a lot of women, but his dick isn't picky.

I have a weakness for enemies-to-lovers stories, especially when they involve athletes with all their sculpted muscles. Bonus p
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*3.5 stars*

I heart hockey books, and so I'll basically read any book with hockey players in them (I mean, have you seen hockey players' butts??). Even though I didn't love the first in this series from Avon Gale and Piper Vaughn, I was excited to try this one.

It's been two years since I read Off the Ice, and I felt similarly about that one as I did after I finished Goalie Interference. While I enjoyed both, nothing really stood out to me. I didn't get that clenching gut, that swoony feeling, th
Wendy

I absolutely love this series because...hot guys and hockey...what more could you possible want !!?? And after reading and loving the first book in this series, Off the Ice, I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one.

grabby hands gif - Google zoeken

Now we've met Ryu in the previous book, but even if you haven't read that one, you can read this one as a stand-alone....though why you would want to do that is a different question altogether...

Anyways... Ryu and Emmitt don't really get off on the right foot when they m

Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
Audio....5 stars because I have a thing for Kirt Graves voice 🤷🏽‍♀️♥️
Story....4.25 Blasian Couple stars

So this story was a bit more sporty than I like in my sport romances, but I really loved the MCs, and the way the enemies to lovers to friends relationship played out. I hope there's more of their story to come because I'm not satisfied with the HFN ending.

I have to give credit to the authors for not only writing a story that featured a romance between an African American and Japanese man, bu
Trio
The second novel in Avon Gale and Piper Vaughn’s Hat Trick series Goalie Interference is an enemies-to-lovers story about rival goalies... on the same team! This is the same hockey team from the first book in the series, Off the Ice, but you don’t need to read it first to fully enjoy this one.

Taking resentment and hostility to a new level, the chemistry between these two athletes is palpable. It’s no surprise that these two talented authors are able to bring it around full circle and turn that a
Hollis
The premise around book two in the Hat Trick trilogy is competing goalies. Not from opposing teams but the same team. One, the more established regular for the Venom, who we met in book one, and two, a recent trade from the minor league. These two are total opposites in personality but share some surprising similarities, not just limited to being minorities in a predominantly white-populated sport.

"People write erotic stories about you two, bro."
"What? Where? Why?"
"Enemies to lovers, man. It's
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
3.5 STARS
Ryu was in love—head over skates in love—with his teammate. His competition.

If it's enemies-to-lovers, color me all over it. This trope is my catnip, and when it's a smokin' hot MM and hockey romance to boot? Stick a fork in me, I'm done for.

The premise to the story is seriously finger licking good; two goalies after the coveted spot on the team. Emmitt is the rookie with everything to prove, and Ryu is the seasoned player fighting to keep his spot. Sound delicious? Because
Ele
Jul 29, 2019 rated it liked it

I loved the first book in the series but I didn't love this one, I’m afraid.

The “enemies-to-lovers” trope was done just right. There was real animosity between these two and it made the sex evet hotter. The steamy scenes had an extra edge that made them super hot which was definitely a plus. It just wasn’t enough to keep things interesting after a while. I did not get how or when the hook ups turned into feelings.

I usually love Avon Gale’s writing and I have liked some Piper Vaughn books in the
Shin Mon Thway
I have not read the first book in the series and let me tell you, this one can perfectly standalone. ☺️ Although I didn’t think any book can match Rachel Reid’s “Heated Rivalry” when it comes to genuine enemies-to-lovers hockey romance, I think that book has met its match. And I definitely enjoy both of them for different reasons. 💜😘

Ryu Mori thought he is sure to play as the only goalie for his team in the coming playoff for Stanley Cup. Now a wanna-be newbie goalie,Emmitt Armstrong, is aiming
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

Sports.
Enemies to lovers.
Plenty of steam.
Low drama.

What's not to love?

Great addition to the series. I'm digging this writing duo.

Really, really hope Morley gets a story.

ARC kindly provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review
.Lili.

Goalie Interference by Avon Gale and Piper Vaughn was enemies to lovers goodness! It's not always a favorite trope of mine, but they nailed it out of the park. Ryu Mori was coming off a great past season and expecting to be the starting goalie, but the team management has different plans when they bring in Emmitt Armstrong. There was so much to love about this second installment; let's get to it.

Highlights:

-DIVERSITY. Emmitt is African American, and Ryu is Japanese American. I don't think I've
Eugenia
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a damned fun read!!! Enemies to lovers sizzle!! 🔥🔥🔥

Thank you authors for providing us with two MCs of color! Diversity is sorely lacking in this romance sub genre and I heartily applaud the inclusion of people of color! 👏👏👏👏

I’m a huge fan of sports romances. My favorite of all is HOCKEY! Avon Gale is one of my favorite hockey MM romance writers and I gobble up everything she writes. This book was no different. I couldn’t finish it fast enough!!!

After reading the first one in the series,
Natasha
This was cute, I can say that for sure. Although I did find the plot a tab bit dull and I also felt the end of this book was rushed. I liked the characters and the romance. It was kind of forgettable though.
Fabi
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enemies to lovers hockey goalies on the same team. Oh yeah, I was rubbing my hands in glee to see how this would turn out. Why are hockey stories so hot? ;-)

We met Ryu Mori in the previous book as Tristan's BFF. A Japanese American hockey goalie with the stoicism and drive to achieve greatness as his family expects. He's finally looking at a year of starting goalie when the most unexpected happens.

Emmitt Armstrong is a black man who has just had the best year of his career in the minors. Celebra
Eva ☆
Jun 15, 2020 rated it liked it
This was kinda enemies to lovers book.
I think I liked the first book more, not that this is not fun, but the other one had a certain lightness that this one does not have.

In this book we met Ryu and Emmitt, Ryu has just learned that even after having a good session with the Venom they still want to test another goalie and Emmitt just received the news that he was changed and now he will be playing for a team in the first league and finally have a chance to show what he’s worth.
Needless to say, b
W.
Jul 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Goalie Interference is a OK read.

Goalie Interference (Hat Trick, #2) by Avon Gale

It clicks many popular tropes
💜Interracial sports romance
💚Enemies to lovers

Have what all romance novels should
💛 Hot AF UST and sexual chemistry
💙 Likeable characters

Why no better rating?
😳Long internal monologues aren't my favorite things and Goalie Interference have way too many. It slows down the story and makes it unnecessarily long. After a while, it's repetitive and that gets boring fast.

Just reviewed Goalie Interference by Avon Gale and Piper Vaughn t
Norah Una Sumner

This was one of my most anticipated books of the year and I honestly really, really enjoyed it. Maybe it came right at the time I needed it the most but I didn't even mind the flaws of the story or the somewhat quick progression of the relationship between Ryu and Emmitt. Goalie Interference sort of reminded me of Empty Net which is like... the highest compliment I can give to a book and Gale's best work to date in my humble opinion. It wasn't right on the same level but it gave me simi
Adam

Ryu Mori’s within reach of his goal - being the new starting goalie for the Atlanta Venom. He’s trained hard and has the stats to prove it. Until promising upstart Emmitt Armstrong transfers to the team, setting off a race for the starting goalie position.

I really liked Ryu in book 1. He was the calm, dependable, and quiet friend that Tristan needed. He may come across as cold at times, but that’s just introversion.

Emmitt is the opposite of that - a complete extrovert. He’s loud and a
Ky
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019, net-galley
When I see a hockey story I have to read it. It's just the way it is!

In "Goalie Interference" both MCs are hockey players and what makes it even more interesting is that they're teammates who are competing for the same starting position in the net.

Ryu has been with his team for a years now and always acted as the back-up goalie, so now that the starting goalie is retired he thought natural that the position was his.

Emmitt has played in the minors for a few seasons but now it's his chance to make
Sahitya
As someone who has never played any sport in my life, I still can’t figure out my fascination for sports romances, especially hockey because I hardly know anything about it. But they just make me insanely happy and this book was no different.

I remember reading the first book in this series and liking it but it’s been a while, so I didn’t go in with a lot of expectations. I just wanted to have fun and this author duo gave me that. I haven’t read any other books by Piper Vaughn but I have really
Liber_Lady
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
***ARC generously provided in exchange for an honest review***

This is the second book in the Hat Trick series and is a complete standalone. The presence of the couple from the first book does not impact the story in any form and you won't be lost if you start with this book. I too haven't read the first book and it didn't take away anything.

This was such a good MM hockey romance. To start with,
Diversity. Check
Non-white characters. Check
Enemies to lovers. Check
Two Goalie competing for the
Zuzu
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This is definitely enemies-to-lovers done right. Ryu Mori and Emmitt Armstrong are both goalies competing for the starting spot. Begrudging attraction and f-buddies turns into affection and love. I enjoyed seeing the evolution of their feelings as they got to know each other. By the end, they took so much joy in encouraging and rooting for each other. In reality, I’m not sure how this relationship would and could play out but, for fiction, I really enjoyed the storyline. You also don’t need to b ...more
Cadiva
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this second entry in the Hat Trick series from Avon Gale and Piper Vaughn.

The goalie is one of those mysterious characters who always seem to be full of cute and bizarre quirks but here it was more a case of two men, both of colour, fighting for a starting spot and finding they didn't hate each other after all.

I loved the contrast in character and approach to how they tended goal between Ryu and Emmitt, they're complete opposites and this played a major part in the build-up to their first
Kaje Harper
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is second in a series, but would totally stand on its own. Ryu is an NHL goalie who expects to be the starting goalie for his team, the Venom, after they make some trades that send their first string goalie elsewhere and pick up a top AHL goalie to bring into the NHL. But that AHL prospect - Emmitt - comes up to the big leagues with a healthy ego, a lot of talent, and a determination to be the starter. The coaches play it cagey, refusing to tell the two contenders for the position who will ...more
Em Wittmann
Goalie Interference (Hat Trick #2))
Grade: C

I've enjoyed many books by both of these authors, including the first book in this series, Off the Ice. Much of what I liked about that book is present here too: clear appreciation and understanding of the greatest sport in the world, likeable opposites attract characters, and hot sexual chemistry. Unfortunately, there isn't enough to the story to sustain a full length novel, and there's so much repetition of events and conversations (especially via the
Alisa
3.5 stars rounded up

This was a bit of a mixed bag for me.

The story is told in alternating povs and I immediately liked Ryu and immediately disliked Emmitt. In a way though it helped with the enemies to lovers theme here. I totally understood why Ryu disliked Emmitt so much. I think the enemies to lovers part was really well done and it was a case where they genuinely disliked each other. (So often it's more like the mc's are pretending to dislike each other.) As the story went on Emmitt grew o
Tammy
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a interesting and intense addition to the hat trick series. I absolutely adored Emmitt because of his cockiness and playfulness and Ryu had a cool nature but how he was raised explained a lot of his personality issues. Morley was a hoot 😂 and I loved when he'd needle Ryu and the response Ryu would deadpan with!! It wasn't all fun and games with Ryu and Emmitt falling for each other because they were also competing for the same position which made things pretty crazy throughout the book. ...more
Santy
GR swallowed my review so I don't know whether to cry or cry so here goes my second attempt at writing this review:

I love stories with diverse MCs so imagine my excitement when I realised this had not one but two diverse MCs! I just about squealed in joy because you guys know how these romances can be qWHITE the same from book to book.

Moving on, I loved Emmitt. He initially came off as cocky but he was actually funny, kind, loving and interesting . He also went out of his way to support and be t
DTM
This book frustrated me...you could say wow, it seems like 2 different people wrote the book and low and behold they did..There is a great story buried in here, however, there is too much telling, too much internal musing...not enough time spent where the MC's are getting to know each other and watching and feeling them fall in love...just telling me they are in love...lines like "over time things have changed" show me those moments, those changes..Some great dialogue here, but just not enough.. ...more
Anniek
Actual rating: 3.5

I received an eARC through Netgalley in exchange for my honest review.

For someone who doesn't like sports, I like sports books a surprising amount. So I was pretty sure I'd enjoy this, and I actually ended up liking this more than I expected. It was nice to see that hockey actually played a pretty big part in this and wasn't just a background.

I have to say the writing style wasn't quite up to par in my opinion. Sometimes the sentences felt forced or just incorrect, and this did
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Tough Guy (Game Changers, #3)
  • Common Goal (Game Changers, #4)
  • Game Changer (Game Changers, #1)
  • Heated Rivalry (Game Changers, #2)
  • The Nature of the Game (Stick Side #2)
  • Shots on Goal (Stick Side #3)
  • Risking the Shot (Stick Side #4)
  • Arctic Heat (Frozen Hearts, #3)
  • Hat Trick (Fake Boyfriend #5)
  • Burn Zone (Hotshots, #1)
  • Blindside Hit (Toronto Wolverines #1)
  • Power Plays & Straight A's (CU Hockey #1)
  • Winging It
  • Changing the Rules (Crashing, #3)
  • Boys of Summer (Hot Off the Ice #5)
  • Better Than People (Garnet Run, #1)
  • High Heat (Hotshots, #2)
  • Coast to Coast (Arizona Raptors #1)
Avon Gale lives in a liberal Midwestern college town, where she spends her days getting heavily invested in everything from craft projects to video games. She likes road trips by car, rock concerts, thunderstorms, IPAs, Kentucky bourbon and tattoos. As a queer author, Avon is committed to providing happy endings for all and loves to tell stories that focus on found families, strong and open commun ...more

Hat Trick (3 books)
  • Off the Ice  (Hat Trick, #1)
  • Trade Deadline (Hat Trick, #3)