Start by marking “Hometown Hope” as Want to Read:
Hometown Hope

Hometown Hope

He'll do anything for his daughter...Even fight to regain an old classmate's broken trust.

In the three years since her mother's death, widower Hoyt Bradley's daughter, Jess, hasn't spoken--until she suddenly begs him to save her favorite bookstore from closing. Hoyt is desperate to hear his daughter's voice again, but he and the bookstore's pretty owner, Anna Delaney, shar
Published June 18th 2019 by Love Inspired Large Print

To ask other readers questions about Hometown Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hometown Hope

Start your review of Hometown Hope
Brittany
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a good story! I could really feel the emotions that these characters were experiencing. I felt for Anna as she had some awkward and even some insensitive encounters with former classmates.

I also felt for Hoyt. He kept trying to do things to help Anna or make her feel better about the situation with her bookstore, but everything kept backfiring! It was just one thing after another!

Hoyt, Anna, and Jess were very enjoyable to read about and I liked the way the relationships developed between a
Susan Snodgrass
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
'A man's life could change on a dime. Hoyt had lived long enough and hard enough to know that firsthand.'

I discovered Laurel Blount's writing two books ago and I am now a forever fan! This book was absolutely wonderful! I have a very vivid imagination when reading and love to plop myself right down into the book, every scene. For that very reason, it is supremely important to me to be able to connect with a book's characters early on. This happened on the first page of the book. Hoyt and Anna we
Rachel DeVaughn
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a quick reading, sweet romance by Love Inspired inspirational line of books. I loved the determination of Anna and her love for books and trying to keep her fathers legacy of the bookstore alive. I liked her relationship with Jess, the daughter of Hoyt, and their love of books that they shared.

Tragedy, forgiveness, love, and other spiritual elements are scattered throughout the book. I really enjoyed this sweet, clean, easy to read romance!

The author has written other books featuring
Melissa
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Super cute story with an absolutely adorable little girl. Loved the bookish element and history between Anna and Hoyt. It was a sweet romance. Really enjoyed!!
Lisa
May 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful story by Laurel Blount. Hometown Hope grabs you from the first page. Hoyt and Anna are such relatable characters. Their emotions are so vivid and heart wrenching. I can feel my emotions matching some of these circumstances. I couldn't put this book down and finished it in one day. It's a story you can't walk away from.

I love finding new books from Laurel Blount. You will always find great characters, lots of humor, tons of love and always faith.
Kav
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"God usually shines His light only on the next step we're supposed to take. He wants us to trust Him for the rest of it." (p 68)

Squealing with delight over this one!!!!!!! Awesome cover! Awesome characters! Awesome story! It's awesomesauce spilling out all over the place because...we get to save a bookstore, people!!!!! Nothing grips a reader's heart firmer than that kind of rallying cry!

Book loving heroines are my favourite too. And Anna aka "Brainy" Delaney has a real struggle on her hands. In
Phyllis
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sweet romance

My rating is 4.5 stars

An adorable, grieving child. Small town. Friends turned enemies - or at least non-friends. Not to mention the beautiful cover! It sounded like the recipe for a great book and therefore I had to give it a read.

I liked the way that Anna was intelligent and yet insecure and shy. She was overly nervous around people, especially crowds. Somehow, however, she didn't come across as a stereotypical nerd. She was simply Anna. Her dedication to her recently deceased fa
Suzie Waltner
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Something I love about Love Inspired authors is that they’ve figured out the formula for a sweet and feel-good read. Laurel Blount takes that formula and stirs a little magic into Hometown Hope by adding a little girl who can’t talk, a bookstore, and plenty of sparks (not always the good kind) between Anna and Hoyt.

This was my first visit to Pine Valley, Georgia, but the characters of this small town sure made an impression on me, so I plan on visiting again soon. And while Hoyt and Anna often b
Carole Jarvis
Reviewed at The Power of Words: https://bit.ly/2XoqsJg

There’s so much to like in Hometown Hope by Laurel Blount! Sometimes a Love Inspired story is exactly what I’m looking for, and Hometown Hope is a gem in this line of books. Setting, characters and romance all blend together in a thoroughly enjoyable read.

First of all, setting adds a special touch because the author vividly conveys Pine Valley, a small town located in middle Georgia, probably not far from where I live. The main characters fee
Sydney
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, 2019-reads
Author Laurel Blount has written a sweet, family centered, and hometown feel book that readers will enjoy. A big focus in this story is a child dealing with the death of her mother and working with a therapist to get her talking again. This is a charming feel-good read that causes readers to reflect on their own families and their relationships with them. Especially with children. And of course readers would be disappointed if there wasn’t a touch of sweet romance. The characters and their lives ...more
Faye
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hoyt Bradley hasn't heard his little girl, Jess, speak for three years since the death of his wife. But when his daughter begs him to help save her favorite bookstore, he can't refuse.

Anna returns home to care for her dying father, and after he passes she takes control of her father's struggling bookstore. She feels like her life is falling apart, but she doesn't have anything left except the store. Working together is a challenge with their less than pleasant past between them.

Hoyt and Anna tho
Dianna (SavingsInSeconds blog)
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher. Opinions shared are mine.

My favorite love stories are the ones built on friendship. Even when there's been a rift in the relationship, there's a connection that goes beyond physical attraction. In this book, Anna and Hoyt are just the sweetest pair you've ever seen!

I adored the small-town setting of this book. Top that off with a bookstore and a cute dog Just can't get better than that!

Romance novels aren't usually my thing, but
Amy Grochowski
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hometown Hope was my third visit to the endearing fictional town of Pine Valley, Georgia, written with charm, humor and depth by Laurel Blount. Each time this author transports me to Pine Valley in a new book, I fall more in love with both the setting and its characters.
The heroine, Anna, drew me straight into the story. I never imagined liking a guy named Hoyt as well as I loved the hero of Hometown Hope. But this guy … well, he’s got way more going on than meets the eye. And when the sparks be
April Rogers
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In Hometown Hope, we get to visit that special Georgia town again where we will see a few familiar faces along the way which makes Laurel’s books in this series feel like you are coming home. The main characters are Anna, who owns a bookstore in danger of closing, Jess, who hasn’t spoken since her mother’s death and her father Hoyt. Will Anna lose her bookstore? Will Jess ever talk again? Will Hoyt and Anna get past their animosity towards one another and fall in love? Those are the burning ques ...more
Marie
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you in advance to JustRead Publicity Tours, the author (Laurel Blount), and Harlequin for providing me a copy of this wonderful novel.

“Hometown Hope” is a standard Harlequin “happy-ending romance” book. This one is from the #LoveInspired (heartwarming, inspirational romance) genre, infusing some religious messages. It isn’t preachy, but doesn’t shy away from God and his influence in our lives.

This is Blount’s third book in a connected series of Pine Valley stories. As I hadn’t read the pr
Peggy Clayton
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this Love Inspired book. It was a page turner and when I was close to done I wanted it to keep going. Such a good good story. Laurel hit the ball over the right outfields head for a home run!
Nancy
Hometown Hope ~ book review

This was a great contemporary Christian fiction story, CLEAN Christian fiction,

about what God does, how He works in the lives of those who trust and depend on Him.

It’s a story about 3 people, mainly, Anna Delaney, Hoyt Bradley, and his daughter, Jess.

Jess has selective mutism, which I had never heard of until I read this book. She became mute after the death of her mother.

Anna is a bookstore owner, running a store her father had started and kept going until his death.
Erin
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: justread-tours
My thoughts:
Oh my. What a cute story! I fell in love with Hoyt, Jess, and Anna immediately. Let’s just send the snooty florist packing already okay?! Seriously. She needed what happens to her. A good dose of being nice or else.

The story was a very quick read. It was amazing. The writing style is fast-paced and flowing. I loved that the characters are real and that suffering from different mental health issues is just a standard part of life in the book. Alcoholism and abuse are also touched on.
Ibjoy1953 Hannabass
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
MY THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK

Sometimes you just want to read a sweet heartwarming Romance, and Hometown Hope is a great romance choice to read. In the small town of Pine Valley, Georgia Anna Delaney is facing selling the bookstore her father started. Hoyt Bradley and his five year old daughter Jess are also members of the Pine Valley Community. Jess hasn’t spoken for several years since her mom passed away, until she hears the bookstore is closing. As Anna starts working with Jess, Hoyt cznt help but
Hallie Szott
What a sweet story! Readers needing smalltown (and bookstore) charm, a cute, but hurting little girl, and a couple in need of a second chance should definitely pick up Laurel Blount’s Hometown Hope.

Though Hoyt Bradley’s daughter, Jess, has not spoken since her mother’s death, she asks him to help save her favorite bookstore. The owner of the bookstore, Anna Delaney, happens to be a woman with whom he has a shared past, and of course, making the situation more complicated, it is not great. Worki
Scarlet Fanning
Anna was Hoyt’s English tutor in high school, but when the keys to a test were stolen, she was partially blamed after Hoyt accepted blame for the theft and lost his college football scholarship. Hoyt took over his father’s construction business, married and had a daughter. Anna went to college, then came home to care for her father and run his bookstore.

Time passes. Anna’s father has died and the bookstore is barely staying open. Hoyt’s wife died, and their daughter Jess is selectively mute. But
Amanda Boyt
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED reading Hometown Hope by Laurel Blount! It is the third book of her Pine Valley, Georgia series, but it can be read as a stand-alone. I enjoyed catching up with former characters as well as learning the love story of Anna and Hoyt.

There are so many relatable things in this book. For example, Anna is a fiercely independent owner of a struggling bookstore. Hoyt is a single father who loves to joke around, but is extremely hardworking. However, he is definitely not a book lover like Anna,
Robin
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this sweet story about a widower whose young daughter hasn’t spoken since her mom passed and a reluctant bookstore owner who took over the business when her father passed. Hoyt and Anna have known each other since high school (he was a jock, she, the valedictorian who tutored him). This is a story of second chances and stepping out on faith.

I’d be happy to read the previous two books in this series. 3.75/5⭐️
Tammy
Oct 02, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

I bought this because of the Selective Mutism aspect, but the character had Traumatic Mutism. There wasn’t really a clear explanation of it, how it affects them, etc. So I was disappointed in that.

The story was sweet, but not much of a relationship was built before they were in love so it didn’t feel really believable in some way ways.

The characters were very clear and anything to do with a bookstore is always good. Just felt it had some significant gaps.
Alla Drake
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful story! It made me smile, cry, think about life and God, and it kept me turning pages. This was one of those rare reads when I didn't want the book to end. I'd already known I'd be enthralled by Laurel Blount's novel, I just didn't expect it would touch me on so many levels. The way she tells a story, the topics she presents - it's honey to my soul, both in delectable and medicinal sense. I highly recommend this book to everyone.
Abiyah
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am enjoying Laural's newest book, Hometown Hope! I can't put it down; Anna & Hoyt are well developed characters, & Jess stole my heart in the first chapter! Trisha is certainly one to dislike & already has my ire up! I already feel confident recommending this book, and I can't wait to see how these sweet & some not so sweet characters work things out. ...more
Clarissa
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Laurel has done it again! She makes you laugh, tear up, cheer, and maybe even get a little irritated at times, as she unravels this sweet love story for you. Sometimes predictable, but with unpredictable twists and turns, it will entertain you with much enjoyment as you read, and will spark moments of thought, and reflection, as all good books should. I highly recommend this book.
Karen Mcnicol
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. This story gives you hope and makes you believe that when bad things happen to you, You can still find good in the world. This book has it all, and the best thing is it is centered around a book store!! Read it, you will love it. Thank you Laurel Blount, it is my first book of yours but not my last.
Ashlee Lindsay
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hoyt and Anna are such a treat in this book! Rough and tumble and shy intelligence makes for the perfect, summer, by-the-pool read. These characters from Pine Valley pull you in and make you feel right at home. Laurel Blount is by far my favorite new author. This is a must read.
Catherine Simons
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just finished Hometown Hope by Laurel Blount. All I can say is WOW!! What an awesome story. If you are looking for a good beach book, this is it. I loved Hoyt and Anna's story of redemption and coming together despite themselves. Thank you Laurel Blount for letting me read your wonderful book!!

• Snowbound with the Cowboy (Rocky Mountain Ranch #3)
  • A Rancher to Remember (Montana Twins #3)
  • The Cowboy's Twin Surprise: A Fresh-Start Family Romance (Triple Creek Cowboys)
  • A Soldier's Prayer (Maple Springs #6)
  • The Nanny's Secret Baby (Redemption Ranch #4)
  • His Unexpected Return: A Fresh-Start Family Romance (Red Dog Ranch Book 2)
  • Healing the Cowboy's Heart (Shepherd’s Crossing, #3)
  • The Twin Bargain
  • Reunited in the Rockies (Rocky Mountain Heroes #4)
  • High Country Homecoming (Rocky Mountain Ranch #2)
  • Wander Canyon Courtship (Matrimony Valley)
  • A Love for Lizzie
  • The Rancher's Unexpected Baby (Colorado Grooms Book 2)
  • The Cowboy's Faith (Three Sisters Ranch, #2)
  • Rocky Mountain Memories: A Fresh-Start Family Romance (Rocky Mountain Haven)
  • Finding the Road Home (Hearts of Oklahoma, #1)
  • The Secret Christmas Child (Rescue Haven #1)
  • Ready to Trust (Hearts of Oklahoma, #2)
Award-winning author Laurel Blount writes captivating romances full of grit and grace—with characters who’ll walk right off the page and into your heart. She lives on a farm in Georgia with her husband, their four fabulous kids, and an assortment of ridiculously spoiled animals. Connect with her at www.laurelblountbooks.com ...more

News & Interviews