Start by marking “Hometown Hope” as Want to Read:
Hometown Hope

Hometown Hope

He'll do anything for his daughter...Even fight to regain an old classmate's broken trust.

In the three years since her mother's death, widower Hoyt Bradley's daughter, Jess, hasn't spoken--until she suddenly begs him to save her favorite bookstore from closing. Hoyt is desperate to hear his daughter's voice again, but he and the bookstore's pretty owner, Anna Delaney, shar
Published June 18th 2019 by Love Inspired Large Print

To ask other readers questions about Hometown Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hometown Hope

Brittany
What a good story! I could really feel the emotions that these characters were experiencing. I felt for Anna as she had some awkward and even some insensitive encounters with former classmates.

I also felt for Hoyt. He kept trying to do things to help Anna or make her feel better about the situation with her bookstore, but everything kept backfiring! It was just one thing after another!

Hoyt, Anna, and Jess were very enjoyable to read about and I liked the way the relationships developed between a
Rachel DeVaughn
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a quick reading, sweet romance by Love Inspired inspirational line of books. I loved the determination of Anna and her love for books and trying to keep her fathers legacy of the bookstore alive. I liked her relationship with Jess, the daughter of Hoyt, and their love of books that they shared.

Tragedy, forgiveness, love, and other spiritual elements are scattered throughout the book. I really enjoyed this sweet, clean, easy to read romance!

The author has written other books featuring
Kav
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"God usually shines His light only on the next step we're supposed to take. He wants us to trust Him for the rest of it." (p 68)

Squealing with delight over this one!!!!!!! Awesome cover! Awesome characters! Awesome story! It's awesomesauce spilling out all over the place because...we get to save a bookstore, people!!!!! Nothing grips a reader's heart firmer than that kind of rallying cry!

Book loving heroines are my favourite too. And Anna aka "Brainy" Delaney has a real struggle on her hands. In
Marie
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you in advance to JustRead Publicity Tours, the author (Laurel Blount), and Harlequin for providing me a copy of this wonderful novel.

“Hometown Hope” is a standard Harlequin “happy-ending romance” book. This one is from the #LoveInspired (heartwarming, inspirational romance) genre, infusing some religious messages. It isn’t preachy, but doesn’t shy away from God and his influence in our lives.

This is Blount’s third book in a connected series of Pine Valley stories. As I hadn’t read the pr
Suzie Waltner
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Something I love about Love Inspired authors is that they’ve figured out the formula for a sweet and feel-good read. Laurel Blount takes that formula and stirs a little magic into Hometown Hope by adding a little girl who can’t talk, a bookstore, and plenty of sparks (not always the good kind) between Anna and Hoyt.

This was my first visit to Pine Valley, Georgia, but the characters of this small town sure made an impression on me, so I plan on visiting again soon. And while Hoyt and Anna often b
Carole Jarvis
Reviewed at The Power of Words: https://bit.ly/2XoqsJg

There’s so much to like in Hometown Hope by Laurel Blount! Sometimes a Love Inspired story is exactly what I’m looking for, and Hometown Hope is a gem in this line of books. Setting, characters and romance all blend together in a thoroughly enjoyable read.

First of all, setting adds a special touch because the author vividly conveys Pine Valley, a small town located in middle Georgia, probably not far from where I live. The main characters fee
Sydney
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads, ebooks
Author Laurel Blount has written a sweet, family centered, and hometown feel book that readers will enjoy. A big focus in this story is a child dealing with the death of her mother and working with a therapist to get her talking again. This is a charming feel-good read that causes readers to reflect on their own families and their relationships with them. Especially with children. And of course readers would be disappointed if there wasn’t a touch of sweet romance. The characters and their lives ...more
Faye
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hoyt Bradley hasn't heard his little girl, Jess, speak for three years since the death of his wife. But when his daughter begs him to help save her favorite bookstore, he can't refuse.

Anna returns home to care for her dying father, and after he passes she takes control of her father's struggling bookstore. She feels like her life is falling apart, but she doesn't have anything left except the store. Working together is a challenge with their less than pleasant past between them.

Hoyt and Anna tho
Dianna (SavingsInSeconds blog)
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher. Opinions shared are mine.

My favorite love stories are the ones built on friendship. Even when there's been a rift in the relationship, there's a connection that goes beyond physical attraction. In this book, Anna and Hoyt are just the sweetest pair you've ever seen!

I adored the small-town setting of this book. Top that off with a bookstore and a cute dog Just can't get better than that!

Romance novels aren't usually my thing, but
Amy Grochowski
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hometown Hope was my third visit to the endearing fictional town of Pine Valley, Georgia, written with charm, humor and depth by Laurel Blount. Each time this author transports me to Pine Valley in a new book, I fall more in love with both the setting and its characters.
The heroine, Anna, drew me straight into the story. I never imagined liking a guy named Hoyt as well as I loved the hero of Hometown Hope. But this guy … well, he’s got way more going on than meets the eye. And when the sparks be
April Rogers
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In Hometown Hope, we get to visit that special Georgia town again where we will see a few familiar faces along the way which makes Laurel’s books in this series feel like you are coming home. The main characters are Anna, who owns a bookstore in danger of closing, Jess, who hasn’t spoken since her mother’s death and her father Hoyt. Will Anna lose her bookstore? Will Jess ever talk again? Will Hoyt and Anna get past their animosity towards one another and fall in love? Those are the burning ques ...more
Erin
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: justread-tours
My thoughts:
Oh my. What a cute story! I fell in love with Hoyt, Jess, and Anna immediately. Let’s just send the snooty florist packing already okay?! Seriously. She needed what happens to her. A good dose of being nice or else.

The story was a very quick read. It was amazing. The writing style is fast-paced and flowing. I loved that the characters are real and that suffering from different mental health issues is just a standard part of life in the book. Alcoholism and abuse are also touched on.
Ibjoy1953 Hannabass
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
MY THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK

Sometimes you just want to read a sweet heartwarming Romance, and Hometown Hope is a great romance choice to read. In the small town of Pine Valley, Georgia Anna Delaney is facing selling the bookstore her father started. Hoyt Bradley and his five year old daughter Jess are also members of the Pine Valley Community. Jess hasn’t spoken for several years since her mom passed away, until she hears the bookstore is closing. As Anna starts working with Jess, Hoyt cznt help but
Hallie Szott
What a sweet story! Readers needing smalltown (and bookstore) charm, a cute, but hurting little girl, and a couple in need of a second chance should definitely pick up Laurel Blount’s Hometown Hope.

Though Hoyt Bradley’s daughter, Jess, has not spoken since her mother’s death, she asks him to help save her favorite bookstore. The owner of the bookstore, Anna Delaney, happens to be a woman with whom he has a shared past, and of course, making the situation more complicated, it is not great. Worki
Amanda Boyt
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED reading Hometown Hope by Laurel Blount! It is the third book of her Pine Valley, Georgia series, but it can be read as a stand-alone. I enjoyed catching up with former characters as well as learning the love story of Anna and Hoyt.

There are so many relatable things in this book. For example, Anna is a fiercely independent owner of a struggling bookstore. Hoyt is a single father who loves to joke around, but is extremely hardworking. However, he is definitely not a book lover like Anna,
Alla Drake
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful story! It made me smile, cry, think about life and God, and it kept me turning pages. This was one of those rare reads when I didn't want the book to end. I'd already known I'd be enthralled by Laurel Blount's novel, I just didn't expect it would touch me on so many levels. The way she tells a story, the topics she presents - it's honey to my soul, both in delectable and medicinal sense. I highly recommend this book to everyone.
Clarissa Pipes
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Laurel has done it again! She makes you laugh, tear up, cheer, and maybe even get a little irritated at times, as she unravels this sweet love story for you. Sometimes predictable, but with unpredictable twists and turns, it will entertain you with much enjoyment as you read, and will spark moments of thought, and reflection, as all good books should. I highly recommend this book.
Abiyah
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am enjoying Laural's newest book, Hometown Hope! I can't put it down; Anna & Hoyt are well developed characters, & Jess stole my heart in the first chapter! Trisha is certainly one to dislike & already has my ire up! I already feel confident recommending this book, and I can't wait to see how these sweet & some not so sweet characters work things out.
Ashlee Lindsay
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hoyt and Anna are such a treat in this book! Rough and tumble and shy intelligence makes for the perfect, summer, by-the-pool read. These characters from Pine Valley pull you in and make you feel right at home. Laurel Blount is by far my favorite new author. This is a must read.
Catherine Simons
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just finished Hometown Hope by Laurel Blount. All I can say is WOW!! What an awesome story. If you are looking for a good beach book, this is it. I loved Hoyt and Anna's story of redemption and coming together despite themselves. Thank you Laurel Blount for letting me read your wonderful book!!
Pam Jackson-gorsline
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is an interesting story with many twists and turns. The characters were well developed.
Catherine Hackman
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was romantic with laugh-out-loud funny parts. I recommend Laurel Blount as a writer who can be trusted to deliver a clean, romantic story with lots of sweetness and humor.
Linda Palmer
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was fun reading, a happy ever after story. The main characters Hoyt, Jess, and Anna find their dreams do come true.
Dana
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a wonderful book! I fell in love with the characters and can't wait for the next book from Pine Valley. Little Jess is just adorable just like her daddy. Highly recommend!
Cathy
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hometown Hope is so good. I cried in one place. Hoyt and Anna's story is a great summer read.
Kristen Rupp
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a cute quick read!!!!
Jenni Allen
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cozy up with a hot cup of coffee and the friends in this old southern town in Georgia and you will be in for a great read! I love fiction that takes me to a time and place where I get lost in the story. This book does exactly that. I was drawn in from the very beginning with unanswered questions that made me keep turning the pages. Will Jess talk again? Will the bookstore be saved? Will Hoyt be able to help Jess recover while dealing with his own personal tragedy? Will Anna be able to sort out t ...more
Veronica