Start by marking “Their Baby Blessing” as Want to Read:

Their Baby Blessing

The navy prepared him for anything…
except an instant family.

When navy veteran Gage Westbrook promised to look out for his late best friend’s son, he never imagined he’d bond with the baby boy. And he definitely didn’t plan to fall for Connor’s gorgeous temporary guardian, Skye Tomlinson. But weighted by guilt for the accident that took Connor’s dad, can Gage find the coura
Published May 21st 2019 by Love Inspired

To ask other readers questions about Their Baby Blessing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Their Baby Blessing

Inspirationalfictionreader
I don’t read a lot of Harlequin Love Inspired romances, but there are a few authors in this line that are auto-buys and Heidi McCahan is one of them. This is Heidi’s second book with Love Inspired. I really love Heidi’s writing style. She writes in a way that makes you just want to keep on reading - it is smooth and flows well.

Skye has a lot on her plate. She is taking care of one year old Connor, who has been abandoned by Skye’s cousin. She is also helping her mom recover from knee replacement
Kav
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Okay -- first things first...is that not the most adorable cover ever?! Don't you just want to scoop him up and squish the stuffing out of him?! Though wee Connor has a bit of a cantankerous temperament -- he's a baby who knows his own mind and he won't be content until Gage and Skye unite to attend to his every whim. :-) And when Gage falls for the little guy...well, it reduced me into a puddle of romantical bliss. Big tough ex-navy guy turning marshmallow over Connor conflicted Skye though. Sh ...more
Jen
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Their Baby Blessing and the sweet love story of Gage and Skye. It is definitely an unconventional meeting and circumstances which I loved. Heidi does an excellent job developing the characters and helping you empathize with them and their situations. I appreciate that the characters have flaws and issues to work through before they are able to truly give each other a chance. It is definitely a book that leaves you feeling good after reading.
MJSH
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2019
Oh, such a heart-warming book! Heidi McCahan has a way of bringing characters riddled with fear, doubt, and regret to a place of safety, refuge, hope, and love. Her writing is easy to read, the plot flows smoothly, and the characters are so lovable and understandable. It's a fun book to read and I'm hoping for more books about Skye's brothers coming our way soon! Skye is a determined, intelligent pharmaceutical rep based out of Denver who comes home to Merritt's Crossing to help her mom recover ...more
Yvonne Cruz
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I read by this author , and has made me a new fan.
The story of Gage Westbrook and Skye Tomlinson, is at times heartbreaking, but also heartwarming.
Gage has recently left the Navy after an incident in which he lost his best friend. A friend whose child he promised to get to know and look out for. Skye has taken a leave of absence from her job in Denver, to help her family and also take care of the little boy her cousin left in her care before she disappeared . The same litt
Marie
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you in advance to JustRead Publicity Tours, the author (Heidi McCahan), and Harlequin for providing me a copy of this. This review is left without payment or incentive.

“Their Baby Blessing” is your standard Harlequin “happy-ending romance” book. This one is from the #LoveInspired (heartwarming, inspirational romance) genre, and incidentally the first one of the genre I’ve read.

At the heart is Gage Westbrook, a Navy veteran, who promised his late friend to watch over baby Connor. Watching
Lynn Brooks
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sweet ready-made family romance! Adorable little Connor steals our hearts quickly as we watch the grown ups in his life strive to give him the best life possible. Skye isn't sure she can trust Gage but circumstances leave her no option but to try. Gage is a good guy and sets out to win her over. I enjoyed their story!

Gage Westbrook is fresh out of the Navy and setting out to honor a promise he made to his best friend who didn't make it home with him. Ryan has a son out there that he never got
Dennis Johnson
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have yet to read a book by Heidi McCahan that doesn't touch my soul. This author has a gift with her writing in a Christian genre that resonates to her readers. This story revolves around precious Connor. This sweet 1 yr old boy whose mother has left him (her cousin Skye becomes his legal guardian) and his father, Ryan, has been killed in a training maneuver overseas - will steal your heart. Gage Westbrook has promised Ryan that he will look out for Connor. This book is filled with emotions ac ...more
Marylin
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What happens when you take a tiny baby, a guy who's made a promise to a dying friend, and a young woman who feels she needs to care for all those around her, at the risk of losing herself?
Well, you get this story!
"Their Baby Blessing" is a sweet heartwarming story full of tender moments.
Heidi McCahan has written a wonderful book which is easy to read and very enjoyable.
I loved the relationship between Gage and Skye with their struggle to not acknowledge their true feelings for each other. The
Lisa
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Their Baby Blessing is a well-written romance with undeserved guilt, honor, strong family ties, maternal failings, job decisions that will make for very different paths in life, suspicion, attraction, love, and of course, an adorable baby. I liked the main characters, Skye and Max, although I didn't always agree with their decisions. The characters were well-developed and easy to relate to. The plot has twists and turns and moves at a good pace. The dialogue flows well. I would recommend this to ...more
Janice Sisemore
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Their Baby Blessing

Skye is taking care of her cousin baby. She is needing help with his care. Gage was good friends with the baby’s father that passed away. He told the father he would look after him.

Connor is definitely a handful. Almost a year old and does not get along with other kids. I love how the author brought out the personality of Connor. Loved the relationship between him and Gage.

I really enjoyed reading this book. I definitely recommend it. One of the best ones with a baby in it,
Lori Quick
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely, heartwarming book. I really enjoyed it. It's a gentle reminder that no matter where we are in our struggles, God is with us. Baby Connor is abandoned by his mom and his dad was killed in a freak accident. Gage, the dad's best friend, and Skye, the mom's cousin must work together to take care of Connor.

This story has trust issues, commitment issues, failing business, job promotion, learning to trust in the Lord and yourself. I definitely would recommend this book.
Shonda
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book about love and family. Great characters that will wrap around your heart and make you feel at home. Looking forward to Heidi McCahan’s next book!
Was given a complimentary copy. All opinions are my own.
Kaethe
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet romance with real 21st century problems that have to be solved before the happily ever after. I really hope there will be a series about Merrit's Crossing! Thank you, Heidi, for the ARC and the delightful story telling.
Lynn Hughes
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful heartwarming story . A story of people working together for the sake of a baby .
All kinds of twists and turns happen before a resolution is finally made .
Written with a Christian perspective.
I don’t write spoilers because I want you to read the book for yourself .
Staci
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good book with enjoyable and entertaining characters
Ruth
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This amazing, emotional book about Skye, Gage and baby Connor has so many twists and turns you won’t be able to put it down! It is the best book I have read in a long time.
Sherry
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a sweet romance. I enjoyed this story because the main character takes on so many responsibilities but never gives up. Her strength and determination, to me, was the best part of the story.
Joy Taylor
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So enjoyed this sweet book by Heidi! Two find love and healing because of a baby!
Brenda
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would recommend this read. It's a very good story line. Very well written.

I received an ARC copy and I am voluntarily leaving my review.
Sloan
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ve read everything Heidi writes and each one of her stories has characters to root for and love. This one is no different.
Jan
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful book. I felt pulled into the story and characters. It brought out emotions and family dynamics and healing from past hurts. Great!
Marta Aldrighetti
Colorado. Skye and McKenna are cousin, very different each other,but with family troubles.
Then a baby came and their lives become us side down.
A baby needs a lot of things, about all care, love, patience, time.
Life is sometimes hard, makes you to take difficult choices. great cover, lovely story, I raccomend it!
Elaine Leonard
Anne-Denise Robertson
Jun 04, 2019
Carol
Apr 23, 2019
Heidi secretly dreamed of writing a book for most of her childhood, but a particularly painful rejection letter in middle school convinced her to tuck that dream away. Instead, she earned a Bachelor’s degree in Sports Medicine from Whitworth University in Spokane, Washington and a Master’s Degree in Athletic Training from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. After a brief career as a Certif ...more