Start by marking “The Wives” as Want to Read:

The Wives

New York Times bestselling author Tarryn Fisher delivers a pulse-pounding, fast-paced suspense novel that will leave you breathless. A thriller you won’t be able to put down!

Thursday’s husband, Seth, has two other wives. She’s never met them, and she doesn’t know anything about them. She agreed to this unusual arrangement because she’s so crazy about him.

But one day, she

Expected publication: December 30th 2019 by Graydon House

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Dec 30, 2019
    Enter to win 1 of 25 Finished Copies of The Wives by Tarryn Fisher!

Imagine that your husband has two other wives.

You’ve never met the other wives.

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 25 copies available, 11503 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Nov 15 - Dec 15, 2019

Countries available: U.S. and Canada

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about The Wives, please sign up.
    Megan It is written in first person.…moreIt is written in first person. (less)

Start your review of The Wives
    Colleen Hoover
    Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: goats
    I read this book a few months back and it was everything I've been waiting for from Tarryn Fisher. Not that she hasn't delivered before, but she OVER delivered with this one. About a day after I read it, my mind was still numb. I needed a distraction, so I asked one of my many sons, "Do you know of any apps that can distract me from this callipygian book I just read?"
    He said, "TikTok. It's great."
    I already had a TikTok account, but it's been a couple of years since I logged on. So I took his
    Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
    "It’s all too perfect, I think. When things are that perfect, something is wrong."

description

Tarryn Fisher is and always will be one of my all time favourite authors because of The Opportunist. Whilst I am a big fan of her romance novels, The Wives was my first attempt at reading one of her psychological thrillers. This review is going to be slightly problematic because this book was both a mindfuck and a clusterfuck at the same time.
    description
    _______________

Dark and Unwavering

My first tip for this book would
    Nilufer Ozmekik
    Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Three…four….three….four….three…four…Okay stop just give 3.5 rounded up 4 delusional, twist and shout, come on come on come on baby stars!

Dear God, it’s me, not Margaret, oh hell no Chelsea( sorry using the `hell` word), this is Nilufer.( you may call me Nily shortly) I honesty, truly, genuinely ask you because I didn’t find the answer. WTF that I just read?( sorry for my language, I already close my mouth but unfortunately my fingers are still functioning)

This book is devilish, surprising, a
    Chaima ✨ شيماء
    The synopsis: Imagine that your husband has two other wives.

Me, an intellectual: Easy. Dump him and marry each other. The end.
    Kaceey
    Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: netgalley
    4.5*
    In your wildest imagination could you ever be content knowing your husband had two other wives?
    Are you serious?!
    You don’t know them, you don’t live together.
    But yet there they are… out there somewhere, sharing time with him.
    Could you possibly be satisfied with this bizarre relationship?

“You say I'm crazy
    'Cause you don't think I know what you've done.
    But when you call me baby
    I know I'm not the only one”.
    - Sam Smith

This was a clever, unpredictable psychological thriller that had me
    Claudia Ramírez
    Jul 06, 2019 rated it liked it
    Shelves: 2019
    This book surprised me. A LOT.

The first half of it I was sure I was going to LOVE IT, but then... shit happens, and I didn't like the direction it took.

But I will say this: I absolutely adore Tarryn's way with words. Her writing only improves with every book!
    Holly  B
    How many wives is too many wives?

Whaaaat?

I could not put this down for the first 50% and my mind was a swimming. The last half was even crazier and the snarky attitude on point.

Super twisty / Super twisted

I might share a bottle of Pinot Grigio, but NOT my husband. I also wouldn't be keen to be assigned "a day of the week." Poor little Thursday is searching for a polygamy group online and it proves difficult. Where shall she turn? Will she go there?Yep

There is some darkness and a lot of
    Christy
    Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: 2019-four-stars
    4 stars

photo IMG_5033_zpsmtgiwz7u.png
    Secrets: I'm good at having them and keeping them.
    I almost never read thrillers, but when I saw Tarryn Fisher had a new one out and read the synopsis, I knew I had to get my hands on it. This book was a wild ride. If I had to describe it in one word, that word would be unputdownable. I read this in one 4 hour sitting, I seriously couldn’t put it down!

The Wives is told from Thursday’s perspective. Thursday is the second of three wives to her husband, Seth. Seth spends one night a
    megs_bookrack
    This synopsis sounds hella messed up and as we know, I'm totally down for that!

Thank you, Graydon House, for my ARC.
    This is the kind of messed up I need for a good holiday read!

Releasing just in time for New Year!!
    Jayme

Imagine your husband has two other wives.

You’ve never met the other wives, and because of your “unconventional arrangement “ you only get to see your husband on THURSDAY.

You don’t even know their names until one day, by chance, you find mail addressed to Hannah.

You get curious.

For the first 50% I was COMPLETELY intrigued as “THURSDAY” explored her feelings.

Her husband, Seth has told her that he loved his wives all differently, but equally. But, what does that mean? Who would he
    Carol (Bookaria)
    Intriguing, engaging, and easy to read.

What would your life be like if you had to share your husband with other two wives? On the days he visits them, do you welcome the break from him or are you overflown with feelings of jealousy?

I was curious about the premise of the book and it did not disappoint. I’m so glad I picked it up. I can’t tell you much about it because anything more might be a spoiler (I'm glad I went into it completely blind), know that I thoroughly enjoyed it and that it turned
    4.5/ 5 stars

I adore Tarryn Fisher and have read every one of her books. I was beyond excited to read this newest book. I would describe The Wives as a psychological thriller.

Have you ever finished a book and then wanted to start it again immediately? That is how I feel about The Wives. I want to read it again knowing what I know now.

Seth has three wives that are referred to as: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. The narrator is Thursday (1st person POV).

The story takes place in Seattle and
    preoccupiedbybooks
    Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: 2019
    When you're desperately trying to turn the page, but it's the end of the book

Wtaf did I just read?! My emotions were all over the place here, as I was gripped obsessively for the first 50%, wondering why anyone would put up with what our narrator did?! Then the crazy sure stepped up! I didn't know what to think, who to trust, or what the hell was going on at some points! This was a dark, twisty and crazy ride.

I'm still not completely sold on the ending, but then I can't really envision an
    Kelly (and the Book Boar)
    Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Quick background before things get started. I have read nearly everything (didn’t move past the first Never Never (if you know me you know I don’t generally do series/serials so that’s not a huge shocker) and the blurb for Folsom didn’t really appeal to me so I haven’t picked that one up yet). Buuuuut Tarryn Fisher is an author who makes me break my own rules and I have read past #1 in a series when it was her writing it and her stuff
    chan ☆
    Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
    i'm sort of a newbie to thrillers, have only read MAYBE 5

but i gotta say, i really did not see the ending coming. a wild psychological ride. probably not for the faint of heart.
    Claire Contreras
    Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    brace thyselves.
    KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
    24993460-SX540

Finally starting this one tonight!! woohooo!!
    Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
    Have you ever read a book that has you questioning everything? Those are the types of reads I enjoy the most and Tarryn Fisher not only led me down a road of mind-boggling confusion, but she had me dying to separate truth from fiction! Being inside Thursday's mind... talk about a trip. She's married and her husband has two other wives. These women are not supposed to know anything about each other aside from the random things their husband might mention. When Thursday gets a clue about one of ...more
    Jessica
    Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: thriller
    WHAT DID I JUST READ.

The first 50% of this book was intriguing and I knew it was building up to something. So many different scenarios were running through my head as our main character learns more about her husband and is forced to reevaluate the nature of their relationship. Once that 50% hits, though, this book TURNS IT ON and I literally couldn't put it down until I reached that last page.

And what a last page that was. I STILL don't know what I truly believe or think actually happened. I'm
     Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wow.

The days of the week just got harder and let me say that I am now a fan of Thursday!! This was a twisted, mind boggling read that had me soothing the goosebumps on my arm and shaking my head at the insanity and compulsions of some of these characters.

What would you do if you were married to someone and knew that they had two other wives? Your lives are to be kept separate from the other two wives and you are not to make contact with each for any reason. Would you be okay with knowing that
    Carlene Inspired
    Find this review and others at Carlene Inspired.

Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday are Seth's wives. Thursday has never met the others, but she is okay with the arrangement, at least she believes she is. She keeps house in Seattle, she cooks him dinner, she is his easy wife. The other two make their homes in Portland, a place Thursday has never been too concerned with visiting until she finds a note in her husband's pocket with the name Hannah and an appointment time on it. Soon she is curious about
    Emily May
    Very fast-paced, compulsively-readable and, ultimately, ridiculous. Review to come.
    Amo Jones
    May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    You know what? I'm not really ready to talk about this book yet. Tarryn is a mastermind. She weaves perfectly relatable words and spins it into a magic.

I'm hurt. I'm confused. I'm in love. Thursday became my imaginary friend for 3 days straight as I inhaled this book.

I've read Tarryn's books. All but a couple! I fell in love with her writing in F*CK LOVE and I haven't looked back since. The Wives, though? The Wives ate me for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. Like, here, Tarryn. Just take
    Ashley
    Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: netgalley, 2019
    Reviewed on: Ashes Books & Bobs.

Many thanks to Harlequin/Graydon House & Netgalley for a review copy.

It's no secret I'm a huge Tarryn Fisher fan and The Wives was among my most highly anticipated releases for 2019. I could hardly contain my excitement when I saw I had the chance to read it early! I tossed my TBR to the wind and got started.

This will be among one of the most difficult books to review, simply because I want to be exceptionally careful about the details I reveal. The idea
    Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
    4.5 Stars!

In a very classic Fisher move and style, The Wives completely messed with my head and if I'm being honest, is exactly why I pick up her stories time and time again. I know she will consistently deliver not only an outstanding story that will have me rapidly turning the pages, but one that will leave me reeling at the end.

It will mess with you in all the right ways and then some. Leave you breathless, heart beating rapidly, and literally, on the edge of your set in suspense. In short,
    Jamie beauty_andthebook_
    Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
    4.5! What a ride...

Oh, Tarryn Fisher, what I would give to spend a day inside your mind!

The Wives is unlike any Tarryn Fisher novel I've read before and still has that signature TF feeling! The feeling where you want to turn the pages to know what's coming (and stay up well past your bedtime to continue doing so). One husband, three wives. All know about each other, but none know each other or anything about the others!

The suspenseful ride of The Wives will take you on a thrill from start to
    Erica Russikoff
    Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Review to come. Let’s just say it’s been a couple months and I’m still thinking about it. #mindfuck ...more
    Shelby
    She loves her husband, Seth, but she knows she’s not the only one. There’s Monday and Tuesday—Seth’s other two wives—but those aren’t their names, of course. When she married a polygamist, she had no idea what that life would be like. Every week, she gets a couple days with Seth, but the remainder of the week he’s in Portland with his other two wives. The wives she never knew the names of, the wives she never was interested in, until now...

In Seth’s pocket, she stumbles upon a receipt for a
    Nadine
    Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: arcs
    HOLY SHIT!!! INCREDIBLE!
    _________

The Wives will take you on a journey with so many twists and turns you will not know which way is up, and which is down once you’re finished.

When Fisher announced she was publishing a book with a publisher instead of self-publishing, I knew I had to get my hands on an ARC. Being the little blog that I am I quickly realized that would be next to impossible. I’m still waiting to be approved or declined on Netgalley. So, when Fisher announced she would be in
    Cardan Greenbriar
    Chop his dick off
    that's where the problem starts
    I would like to write a novel that every, single person loves, but not even J.K. Rowling could do that. Instead, I try to write stories that pull on people's emotions. I believe that sadness is the most powerful emotion, and swirled with regret the two become a dominating force. I love villains. Three of my favorites are Mother Gothel, Gaston and the Evil Queen who all suffered from a pretty ...more

• Reputation
    • The Rules of Burken
    • Husband Material
    • Big Lies in a Small Town
    • The Falling of Stars
    • Meet Me on Love Lane (Hopeless Romantics, #2)