Start by marking “The Wives” as Want to Read:

The Wives

Imagine that your husband has two other wives.

You’ve never met the other wives. None of you know each other, and because of this unconventional arrangement, you can see your husband only one day a week. But you love him so much you don’t care. Or at least that’s what you’ve told yourself.

But one day, while you’re doing laundry, you find a scrap of paper in his pocket—an ap
Expected publication: December 30th 2019 by Graydon House

To ask other readers questions about The Wives, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wives

Carol (Bookaria)
Intriguing, engaging, and easy to read.

What would your life be like if you had to share your husband with other two wives? On the days he visits them, do you welcome the break from him or are you overflown with feelings of jealousy?

I was curious about the premise of the book and it did not disappoint. I’m so glad I picked it up. I can’t tell you much about it because anything more might be a spoiler (I'm glad I went into it completely blind), know that I thoroughly enjoyed it and that it turned
4.5/ 5 stars

I adore Tarryn Fisher and have read every one of her books. I was beyond excited to read this newest book. I would describe The Wives as a psychological thriller.

Have you ever finished a book and then wanted to start it again immediately? That is how I feel about The Wives. I want to read it again knowing what I know now.

Seth has three wives that are referred to as: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. The narrator is Thursday (1st person POV).

The story takes place in Seattle and Portland
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
If anyone sees a blogger sign up form for this could you pretty please let me know..This looks amazing!!
Erica Russikoff
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review to come. Let’s just say it’s been a couple months and I’m still thinking about it. #mindfuck 😍
Amo Jones
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You know what? I'm not really ready to talk about this book yet. Tarryn is a mastermind. She weaves perfectly relatable words and spins it into a magic.

I'm hurt. I'm confused. I'm in love. Thursday became my imaginary friend for 3 days straight as I inhaled this book.

I've read Tarryn's books. All but a couple! I fell in love with her writing in F*CK LOVE and I haven't looked back since. The Wives, though? The Wives ate me for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. Like, here, Tarryn. Just take
Emily May
Apr 22, 2019 marked it as arc-2019  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, mystery-thriller

ARC provided in exchange for honest review 👭
Carlene Inspired
Find this review and others at Carlene Inspired.

Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday are Seth's wives. Thursday has never met the others, but she is okay with the arrangement, at least she believes she is. She keeps house in Seattle, she cooks him dinner, she is his easy wife. The other two make their homes in Portland, a place Thursday has never been too concerned with visiting until she finds a note in her husband's pocket with the name Hannah and an appointment time on it. Soon she is curious about
Missy Genneken
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Thursday is the second of Seth’s three wives and it is told from her point of view.

They have an almost idyllic life ...on the days he stays at her house. Thursday follows the urge to know more about the others wives. She falls down a rabbit hole that left me guessing what was happening up until the very last words of the book.

I don’t want to give any spoilers. It’s dark and twisty. It definitely felt like a Tarryn Fisher book. No word is wasted. It is all important. This is absolutely a psycho
Arlene
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
It hurts my heart to do this because I was so looking forward to reading this novel. But to sum it up, this story took me to a really dark place. That’s not always a bad thing if you can trust the main character/narrator to take you on their journey. But the MC was so unreliable, and I hate not knowing when to believe the MC and when to wonder if you’re being misled. The ending was very disturbing... I can’t even describe.

Overall, I can appreciate Tarryn Fisher can be dark, twisted, gritty, and
Danalli Calhoun
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to Edelweiss+ for the ARC.

Wow, this book was amazing! I rarely read a book that as soon as I finish it, I immediately want to pick it up again, this book was one! I couldn't put the book down, I just had to see what happens next. Tarry Fisher does a fantastic job of keeping you on your toes, unsure of what is happening. This was a fantastic read, that I can't wait to read again!
Kolleen Fraser
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMFG... I adore Tarryn Fisher’s brain so much.
This book was freaking brilliant. I loved the wild ride it took me on. Highly recommended!!!
Suzy Stork
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In true Tarryn style, this book has me bewildered. Thanks to Edelweiss for the ARC. I read it in three sittings. I have a copy on pre-order, as I need to have it for myself!

The premise of the story surrounds a man who has three wives, written from the POV of the second wife. She seeks to form connections with the others, even though that's been forbidden. The book follows her search to find out more about her relationship and learning that things are not always what they seem. I would say this
Vanessa
Um...whoa.
Review to come.

**FULL REVIEW**

So, as I mulled over what to say and how not to spoil this book, I have to admit...I've got nothing.

What started as one thing, quickly changed and had me thinking another, only to change again a little more to the point where I no longer had any idea WHAT to think.

Fisher has effectively messed with my head in the best possible way. (view spoiler)
Kat
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Wives made me feel as though I was on the teacups at Magic Kingdom. Spinning round and round without a clue to when the ride will abruptly end.
Seth has 3 wives, Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday (our narrator). The wives know about one another but have never met. Then Thursday finds a name in Seth's pant pocket. Curiosity festers and soon Thursday is searching and discovering things.
Thursday is relatable yet unreliable. Her thoughts and insecurities are mapped out for the reader. Thursday is o
Layne
Review to come
Lisa Spencer grigsby
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
(I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review)

This book was mind bending. Tarryn Fisher once again brilliantly draws you in to the mind and emotions of the main character.Her words make you feel, hurt, anger, and cry. Warning: This is not a romance/HEA. Expect the unexpected in this suspenseful ride that may make you question your own reality. It was wicked. It was excellent!
"But I know that as humans we want to be heard, and so when someone does the hearing, we feel a conne
Maria
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books where I quickly devoured it and now knowing what I know now, I need to go back and do a slow re-read. It was captivating from the first chapter and I could not put it down. I loved the main character and was completely shocked by the twists and turns this book took. I’m still sitting here thinking about it. I can not wait to get my hands on an autographed copy and can not wait to read it again...and again. Tarryn has outdone herself once again. Now all I need is a Coll ...more
Lisa VH
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was absolutely a book I could not put down. You spend much of this book questioning reality and trying to figure out when the next shoe will drop. Nothing is as it first appears or even as you begin to suspect. You only see this story from Thursday's perspective and that definitely changes the way you read this story.

The writing was excellent. You are able to feel the uncertainty and tension with each new development in the story.

I was a little disappointed in the final direction/twist, h
Lisa Jordan
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to Edelweiss, Graydon House & Tarryn Fisher for the ARC of this book. My thoughts and rating on this book are completely my own.

I feel like I'm treading a fine line here by reviewing this book. Anything I want to talk about could drive me straight into spoiler town.
So what can I talk about?
I got approved for this book yesterday, and I'm finished already. I couldn't wait to figure out what the heck was happening. So there's that.
The characters are well fleshed out and some of the pla
Joanne
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has me on the edge of my seat. In typical Tarryn fashion, she wrote a book that is completely unputdownable and leaves the reader thinking whatttttttt????

Her books never disappoint. Every release is exciting and you know you're going to feed your brain with her unique spin on all things. Top Fav author.
Lyndsay
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I can’t say anything about this book without giving up spoilers but I will say this: just like most of TF’s work, if you think you’ve got it figured out, you’re wrong.
Luisa
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book ended in true Tarryn Fisher style. *cue Silver Linings Playbook GIF* WTF!!!!
Kara
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tina
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
by Tarryn Fisher

Thursday is married to Seth, second of his three wives. The other two wives are Monday and Tuesday, named after their day of the week they get to have with the shared husband. Thursday and Seth have an idyllic life, even though she only gets to see him on Thursdays. Then one day she finds a receipt in one of Seth's pants pockets regarding Hannah's doctor's appointment. All of a sudden Thursday has a fierce desire to get to know the other two wives, and with this clue, Sh
Brie
Tarryn Fisher has a knack for weaving a story that you cannot anticipate the twists and turns, and The Wives was no exception. This was a psychological thriller so immersive that I completely lost myself and consumed her words in a single day. The Wives is the kind of book that as soon as you finish, you want to go back and start all over again; it's a twisting tale that doesn't beg to not be put down, it demands it.

Thank you to Netgalley and HARLEQUIN - Graydon House Books for the ARC of this
Robin Powers
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whoa! What a twisted psychological mind screw! At every turn I thought I had everything straight and then Tarryn ripped the rug out from under me and pointed me in a different direction...and then did it again. I’m still sitting here with my mouth hanging open. I love unpredictable, original storylines that leave you searching for the truth and vindication for the heroine. There are so many characters in the “gray area” where they aren’t clearly white or black hats. Such an addictive page turner ...more
Readingtilthebreakofdawn
Shelves: arc
Very intriguing and unique. A page turner indeed.

I've been a fan of Tarryn Fisher's writing and her independent books for awhile. Each book appeals to me for different reasons, but when I heard that she was going to traditionally publish a psychological thriller, I was all in. Thrillers are a favorite of mine.
This story was a unique take on the presently popular "Wife" titles and I have to say that I think she absolutely nailed her characters, plot and story. From the unreliable narrator (which
Heather Carver
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don’t even know where to begin with this review!! I don’t typically read psychological Thrillers but I love Tarryn’s books so I gave this book a shot. I’m so happy I did because I loved it. I loved that it had me guessing what was happening and what would happen next. It wasn’t predictable.

I now want to go on a psychological thriller reading spree!!!!

This book is told in Thursday’s POV. She is one of three wives. The journey she takes us on will leave you on the edge of your seat waiting on
Jolene
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a crazy story, about a woman named Thursday, her husband, and...his two other wives. It’s not your run of the mill polygamist story though, if there is such a thing. There are twists and turns galore, and an ending you will not guess. Go into this one knowing as little as you can. You will not be disappointed.

Thank you to Edelweiss, and Harper Collins/Grayson House for the ARC of this fantastic book!!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I would like to write a novel that every, single person loves, but not even J.K. Rowling could do that. Instead, I try to write stories that pull on people's emotions. I believe that sadness is the most powerful emotion, and swirled with regret the two become a dominating force. I love villains. Three of my favorites are Mother Gothel, Gaston and the Evil Queen who all suffered from a pretty wicke ...more