Start by marking “The Wives” as Want to Read:
The Wives

The Wives

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  17,006 ratings  ·  3,656 reviews

New York Times bestselling author Tarryn Fisher delivers a pulse-pounding, fast-paced suspense novel that will leave you breathless. A thriller you won’t be able to put down!

Thursday’s husband, Seth, has two other wives. She’s never met them, and she doesn’t know anything about them. She agreed to this unusual arrangement because she’s so crazy about him.

But one day, she

Published December 30th 2019 by Graydon House

To ask other readers questions about The Wives, please sign up.
Lorrie Dee No. There is a dog in the book that dies of natural causes.
Megan It is written in first person.…moreIt is written in first person. (less)

·  17,006 ratings  ·  3,656 reviews

Start your review of The Wives
Colleen Hoover
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: goats
I read this book a few months back and it was everything I've been waiting for from Tarryn Fisher. Not that she hasn't delivered before, but she OVER delivered with this one. About a day after I read it, my mind was still numb. I needed a distraction, so I asked one of my many sons, "Do you know of any apps that can distract me from this callipygian book I just read?"
He said, "TikTok. It's great."
I already had a TikTok account, but it's been a couple of years since I logged on. So I took his
Nilufer Ozmekik
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three…four….three….four….three…four…Okay stop just give 3.5 rounded up 4 delusional, twist and shout, come on come on come on baby stars!

Dear God, it’s me, not Margaret, oh hell no Chelsea( sorry using the `hell` word), this is Nilufer.( you may call me Nily shortly) I honesty, truly, genuinely ask you because I didn’t find the answer. WTF that I just read?( sorry for my language, I already close my mouth but unfortunately my fingers are still functioning)

This book is devilish, surprising, a
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
"It’s all too perfect, I think. When things are that perfect, something is wrong."

description

Tarryn Fisher is and always will be one of my all time favourite authors because of The Opportunist. Whilst I am a big fan of her romance novels, The Wives was my first attempt at reading one of her psychological thrillers. This review is going to be slightly problematic because this book was both a mindfuck and a clusterfuck at the same time.
_______________

Dark and Unwavering

My first tip for this book would
Emily May
2 1/2 stars. Very fast-paced, compulsively-readable and, ultimately, ridiculous.

I'm not even sure how to organize my thoughts on this book. Did I enjoy it? I must have. I didn't want to tear my eyes away from the page. I felt like I needed to know what was going on. It was, I guess, that special kind of deliciously trashy beach read that is ridiculous, unbelievable, and yet impossible to put down. 2 1/2 stars it is then.

It's told from the point of view of a woman whose husband has two other
Chaima ✨ شيماء
The synopsis: Imagine that your husband has two other wives.

Me, an intellectual: Easy. Dump him and marry each other. The end.
Dita
My husband's favorite joke is that he needs me to get another husband for the 50% of me that he can't handle. He says I am too much feisty for one husband.**

He needs to read this book...

It's a little far-fetched but a lot entertaining. It's a fast read and I'll admit to being absorbed the entire time.

Probably 3.5 stars but it's Christmas and I'm feeling all generous and stuff.

Thank you to my GR friend, Denise Reed, for sharing her copy with me. I will pay it forward and mail it to the first US
ELLIAS (elliasreads)
Dec 11, 2019 rated it did not like it
what. the fuck.

I can’t trust Goodreads reviews anymore because how is this a 4 starred book??!! IM—

I think this is another instance where the most of the people who’ve read from this author— are new to the thriller genre and absolutely love it.

Not meeeeee.

This book’s plot was ridiculous; right to the climax—ridiculous to the point where it’s non-believable. Actually most thrillers are non-believable but there’s a groundness to it, a reality check of plausible believability. But not here, folks.
Kaceey
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
4.5*
In your wildest imagination could you ever be content knowing your husband had two other wives?
Are you serious?!
You don’t know them, you don’t live together.
But yet there they are… out there somewhere, sharing time with him.
Could you possibly be satisfied with this bizarre relationship?

“You say I'm crazy
'Cause you don't think I know what you've done.
But when you call me baby
I know I'm not the only one”.
- Sam Smith

This was a clever, unpredictable psychological thriller that had me
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
description
Confessions Of A Twisted Mind- "When things are that perfect, something is wrong."
TF is a self-confessed "Swirler of Emotions" and the longer the swirl, the tougher it becomes to separate one from the rest. Much like Thursday, whose life is spinning so fast, that events, accidents, emotions and reality is blurring right in front of her eyes. She's in a consensual relationship with a polygamist and totally acceptable of the Other Two Wives called Monday and Tuesday.
"How have I become this
Claudia Ramírez
Jul 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
This book surprised me. A LOT.

The first half of it I was sure I was going to LOVE IT, but then... shit happens, and I didn't like the direction it took.

But I will say this: I absolutely adore Tarryn's way with words. Her writing only improves with every book!
Norma * Traveling Sister and proud Grandma!!!
Compulsively readable, mind distorting, & ultimately a train wreck!

THE WIVES by TARRYN FISHER is an engaging, fast-paced, dark, gritty, and twisty thriller that had quite the bizarre, intriguing and original premise to it. I was immediately sucked into the story and could not put this book down for the first half of the story. The first half was absolutely unputdownable and had my full attention and then around the 50% mark my attention started to wane a little bit and then well the ending
Holly  B
How many wives is too many wives?

Whaaaat?

I could not put this down for the first 50% and my mind was a swimming. The last half was even crazier and the snarky attitude on point.

Super twisty / Super twisted

I might share a bottle of Pinot Grigio, but NOT my husband. I also wouldn't be keen to be assigned "a day of the week." Poor little Thursday is searching for a polygamy group online and it proves difficult. Where shall she turn? Will she go there?Yep

There is some darkness and a lot of
Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill
3.5 stars....

I really, really wanted to read this book! I had heard so much about it. I got declined for an ARC so what did I do? I ran out and bought it the second I could, and devoured it! So I really loved it...until I did not. This was a really interesting, intriguing, kind of car wreck ..can't look away book, until about the 75% point and then I was like what?! Then it just got too weird, even for me. I can take weird, trust me.

So most of this story is from Thursday's POV. Thursday is wife
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
ac

'THE WIVES:' Is a full length, stand alone Psychological Thriller by Tarryn Fisher

Holy shit! I don’t even know how to go about writing up this review! I’m sitting here in awe of this author! Readers after me have no idea what they are getting themselves into!! What a roller coaster of a ride, twists and turns, nail biting, suspenseful heart racing moments. This book was utterly unique, this author is the queen when it comes to stepping out of the box, her knack at throwing stories at us where
Larry H
Dec 25, 2019 rated it liked it
I'm somewhere between 3 and 3.5 stars.

Whoa, now that was a crazy ride!!

“Imagining what the future holds proves difficult when factoring in two other women who share your husband.”

Thursday only sees her husband once a week. It’s not an arrangement she likes, but it’s one she has to live with, since Seth has two other wives. She sometimes can’t believe she agreed to this, and at times she wishes she could just have him to herself.

She’s never met either of the other women. She doesn’t even know
Bibi
Dec 31, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
**Spoiler**

My mind feels razed and not in a good way.
This was a clusterfuck of good premise done poorly (a la Mud Vein) with an unreliable narrator whose psychosis wasn't particularly believable. FRTC
Erin
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, kindle
Thanks to HARLEQUIN-Graydon House books for an egalley in exchange for an honest review.

Read this last evening and I have been thinking about this book all day. I wish YOU and I lived closer because I would totally lend it to you.

My first encounter with Tarryn Fisher was "Atheists Who Kneel and Pray" which without a doubt made me a devoted fan. Her upcoming release "The Wives" is definitely going to be hard for you to commit to New Year's plans.

Thursday is a hard working nurse in Seattle who
Brenda -Traveling Sister
Shocking or shamelessly manipulative, I am not sure which one but it was one fun, dark and twisted read even for this dark and twisted reader. I think this picky twisted reader might be mellowing out a little here with things that hit a nerve for me. I think Tarryn Fisher might have played into that by kicking it up a notch here with the dark and horrifying behavior. I think Norma might be picking up some of my pickiness because it seemed to hit a nerve with her and she was left feeling a bit ...more
Cardan Greenbriar
Nov 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
Damn I forgot that I had to write this review

okie here we go
with no hidden spoilers

first of very all, The Wives is in a wrong genre

this book has domestic problems that many polygamist families face and Taryn Fisher shoved it into a novel and called it "Myshtery and Friller"

never-mind

do you wanna read this book? do yourself and favor and don't read the synopsis and don't you even dare think that this book is mysterious
And if you have read the synopsis

Congratulations!!!
you have now understood most
Christy
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-four-stars
4 stars

photo IMG_5033_zpsmtgiwz7u.png
Secrets: I'm good at having them and keeping them.
I almost never read thrillers, but when I saw Tarryn Fisher had a new one out and read the synopsis, I knew I had to get my hands on it. This book was a wild ride. If I had to describe it in one word, that word would be unputdownable. I read this in one 4 hour sitting, I seriously couldn’t put it down!

The Wives is told from Thursday’s perspective. Thursday is the second of three wives to her husband, Seth. Seth spends one night a
Susanne  Strong
3 Stars

Can I just say REALLY!?! Or NO, how about just NO!

Let’s face it: “The Wives” by Tarryn Fisher started out strong, really strong and I was loving it.
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday? Wowza. That is wild and is definitely not for me but I’m crazy intrigued (at least by the storyline, lol)!

Unfortunately by about 60% the novel just went off the rails. That said, I was still all in.. and it got better (thank gosh) and that was simply because Thursday kept my attention. Heck, I liked her and I
Michelle
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is bananas and I loved every minute of it!

"That's how woman are, right? Always wondering about each other - curiosity and spite curdling together in little emotional puddles. Little good that does; if you wonder too hard you'll get everything wrong."

And boy did I get this one wrong! What a ride!
Babydimps (Suzy)
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

Damn, that was a wild ride!

The Wives had me hooked from the very first page - I just new I was gonna be taken for a spin on the bat-shit crazymobile! And I loved every second of anticipation!

Super addictive, highly entertaining and incredibly unpredictable!

The story is told entirely from Thursday’s POV - a woman who WILLINGLY shares her husband Seth with his two other wives. That in itself is insane AF. No, seriously though. Once she finds out the names of Seth’s other two wives, she
Riley
Jan 15, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
i went into this thinking it would be a 5 star read but no baby no this ain't it

the first half was super promising but then it went soooooo downhill. it had every cliche thriller trope and there were so many plot holes it didn't even make sense

tbh the synopsis of this book is the best thing about it
Lindsay - Traveling Sister
4.5 stars!

Addictive and edgy! Gripping and shocking! Thrillingly unputdownable!!!!

This book had me hooked from start to finish - I literally couldn’t put it down. The plot is so unique and engrossing, I found myself in a constant state of curiosity and shock. I was absorbed deep within these characters lives, questioning their situations and decisions. I couldn’t figure out who to believe - my thoughts flip flopped from one chapter to the next. The narrative was brilliantly executed - I loved
Jayme

Imagine your husband has two other wives.

You’ve never met the other wives, and because of your “unconventional arrangement “ you only get to see your husband on THURSDAY.

You don’t even know their names until one day, by chance, you find mail addressed to Hannah.

You get curious.

For the first 50% I was COMPLETELY intrigued as “THURSDAY” explored her feelings.

Her husband, Seth has told her that he loved his wives all differently, but equally. But, what does that mean? Who would he
megs_bookrack
This synopsis sounds hella messed up and as we know, I'm totally down for that!

Thank you, Graydon House, for my ARC.
This is the kind of messed up I need for a good holiday read!

Releasing just in time for New Year!!
4.5/ 5 stars

I adore Tarryn Fisher and have read every one of her books. I was beyond excited to read this newest book. I would describe The Wives as a psychological thriller.

Have you ever finished a book and then wanted to start it again immediately? That is how I feel about The Wives. I want to read it again knowing what I know now.

Seth has three wives that are referred to as: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. The narrator is Thursday (1st person POV).

The story takes place in Seattle and
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
3.75

The Wives is an insanely intriguing, gripping, action-packed, psychological thriller that sends your mind on a tailspin from the very first chapter. I was constantly trying to figure out what was going on, where the story was headed, and who exactly I could trust. I didn't move from the time I picked the book up until the time I put it down. Even then, I stared at the wall for a good ten or fifteen minutes thinking about what the hell I just read!

The suspense was intense! My heart was
preoccupiedbybooks
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
When you're desperately trying to turn the page, but it's the end of the book

Wtaf did I just read?! My emotions were all over the place here, as I was gripped obsessively for the first 50%, wondering why anyone would put up with what our narrator did?! Then the crazy sure stepped up! I didn't know what to think, who to trust, or what the hell was going on at some points! This was a dark, twisty and crazy ride.

I'm still not completely sold on the ending, but then I can't really envision an
Turning Pages At ...: The Wives by Tarryn Fisher 75 64 Jan 26, 2020 06:38AM
I would like to write a novel that every, single person loves, but not even J.K. Rowling could do that. Instead, I try to write stories that pull on people's emotions. I believe that sadness is the most powerful emotion, and swirled with regret the two become a dominating force. I love villains. Three of my favorites are Mother Gothel, Gaston and the Evil Queen who all suffered from a pretty ...more

• The Sun Down Motel
  • Regretting You
  • The Family Upstairs
  • Long Bright River
  • Dear Edward
  • The Confession Club (Mason, #3)
  • A Madness of Sunshine
  • Lock Me In
  • Reverie
  • The Liar's Daughter
  • The Happy Ever After Playlist
“But the truth is that the heart’s desire is a mere current against the tide of nurture and nature. You can spend your whole life swimming against it and eventually you’ll get tired and the current of genes and upbringing will pull you under.” 7 likes
“We busy ourselves trying not to be lonely, trying to find purpose in careers, and lovers, and children, but at any moment, those things we work so hard to possess could be taken from us.” 3 likes