Start by marking “The Wives” as Want to Read:
The Wives

The Wives

Imagine that your husband has two other wives.

You’ve never met the other wives. None of you know each other, and because of this unconventional arrangement, you can see your husband only one day a week. But you love him so much you don’t care. Or at least that’s what you’ve told yourself.

But one day, while you’re doing laundry, you find a scrap of paper in his pocket—an ap
Expected publication: December 30th 2019 by Graydon House

To ask other readers questions about The Wives, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wives

Chaima ✨ شيماء
The synopsis: Imagine that your husband has two other wives.

Me, an intellectual: Easy. Dump him and marry each other. The end.
Carol (Bookaria)
Intriguing, engaging, and easy to read.

What would your life be like if you had to share your husband with other two wives? On the days he visits them, do you welcome the break from him or are you overflown with feelings of jealousy?

I was curious about the premise of the book and it did not disappoint. I’m so glad I picked it up. I can’t tell you much about it because anything more might be a spoiler (I'm glad I went into it completely blind), know that I thoroughly enjoyed it and that it turned
4.5/ 5 stars

I adore Tarryn Fisher and have read every one of her books. I was beyond excited to read this newest book. I would describe The Wives as a psychological thriller.

Have you ever finished a book and then wanted to start it again immediately? That is how I feel about The Wives. I want to read it again knowing what I know now.

Seth has three wives that are referred to as: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. The narrator is Thursday (1st person POV).

The story takes place in Seattle and Portland
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
If anyone sees a blogger sign up form for this could you pretty please let me know..This looks amazing!!
Carlene Inspired
Find this review and others at Carlene Inspired.

Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday are Seth's wives. Thursday has never met the others, but she is okay with the arrangement, at least she believes she is. She keeps house in Seattle, she cooks him dinner, she is his easy wife. The other two make their homes in Portland, a place Thursday has never been too concerned with visiting until she finds a note in her husband's pocket with the name Hannah and an appointment time on it. Soon she is curious about
Claire Contreras
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
brace thyselves.
Erica Russikoff
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review to come. Let’s just say it’s been a couple months and I’m still thinking about it. #mindfuck 😍
Amo Jones
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You know what? I'm not really ready to talk about this book yet. Tarryn is a mastermind. She weaves perfectly relatable words and spins it into a magic.

I'm hurt. I'm confused. I'm in love. Thursday became my imaginary friend for 3 days straight as I inhaled this book.

I've read Tarryn's books. All but a couple! I fell in love with her writing in F*CK LOVE and I haven't looked back since. The Wives, though? The Wives ate me for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. Like, here, Tarryn. Just take
Emily May
Apr 22, 2019 marked it as arc-2019  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, mystery-thriller

ARC provided in exchange for honest review 👭
Jamie
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5! What a ride...

Oh, Tarryn Fisher, what I would give to spend a day inside your mind!

The Wives is unlike any Tarryn Fisher novel I've read before and still has that signature TF feeling! The feeling where you want to turn the pages to know what's coming (and stay up well past your bedtime to continue doing so). One husband, three wives. All know about each other, but none know each other or anything about the others!

The suspenseful ride of The Wives will take you on a thrill from start to f
Ashley
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, 2019
Many thanks to Harlequin/Graydon House & Netgalley for a review copy.

It's no secret I'm a huge Tarryn Fisher fan and The Wives was among my most highly anticipated releases for 2019. I could hardly contain my excitement when I saw I had the chance to read it early! I tossed my TBR to the wind and got started.

This will be among one of the most difficult books to review, simply because I want to be exceptionally careful about the details I reveal. The idea of spoiling this book in the least fo
Arlene
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
It hurts my heart to do this because I was so looking forward to reading this novel. But to sum it up, this story took me to a really dark place. That’s not always a bad thing if you can trust the main character/narrator to take you on their journey. But the MC was so unreliable, and I hate not knowing when to believe the MC and when to wonder if you’re being misled. The ending was very disturbing... I can’t even describe.

Overall, I can appreciate Tarryn Fisher can be dark, twisted, gritty, and
Missy Genneken
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Thursday is the second of Seth’s three wives and it is told from her point of view.

They have an almost idyllic life ...on the days he stays at her house. Thursday follows the urge to know more about the others wives. She falls down a rabbit hole that left me guessing what was happening up until the very last words of the book.

I don’t want to give any spoilers. It’s dark and twisty. It definitely felt like a Tarryn Fisher book. No word is wasted. It is all important. This is absolutely a psycho
Talon
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After the books I have read of Tarryn's recently-- The Wives was such a huge refresher for me. After being so (not so patiently) waiting and excited to read this one, when it was all said and done I think I was satisfied.

Now please don't get me wrong: I did struggle with this book. There was some internal dialogue that really droned on and on for me. It got redundant and it got to be very incessant. Especially the first half of the book. I think had Thursday's internal dialogue not rambled and
Danalli Calhoun
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to Edelweiss+ for the ARC.

Wow, this book was amazing! I rarely read a book that as soon as I finish it, I immediately want to pick it up again, this book was one! I couldn't put the book down, I just had to see what happens next. Tarry Fisher does a fantastic job of keeping you on your toes, unsure of what is happening. This was a fantastic read, that I can't wait to read again!
Kolleen Fraser
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMFG... I adore Tarryn Fisher’s brain so much.
This book was freaking brilliant. I loved the wild ride it took me on. Highly recommended!!!
Paula  Phillips
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
As usual when I want an edgy mind twisting read, I always find Tarryn Fisher's books right up there as you start reading them and going along your happy merry way thinking cool, I've got this plot down and wham bam she throws in a twist from left field and you are blown away with OMG how is this happening ? What is happening? That's how I felt when I read her book, The Wives. It still left a few unanswered questions for me once I finished as I had to sit there and piece everything that I had rea ...more
Suzy Stork
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In true Tarryn style, this book has me bewildered. Thanks to Edelweiss for the ARC. I read it in three sittings. I have a copy on pre-order, as I need to have it for myself!

The premise of the story surrounds a man who has three wives, written from the POV of the second wife. She seeks to form connections with the others, even though that's been forbidden. The book follows her search to find out more about her relationship and learning that things are not always what they seem. I would say this
Vanessa
Um...whoa.
Review to come.

**FULL REVIEW**

So, as I mulled over what to say and how not to spoil this book, I have to admit...I've got nothing.

What started as one thing, quickly changed and had me thinking another, only to change again a little more to the point where I no longer had any idea WHAT to think.

Fisher has effectively messed with my head in the best possible way. (view spoiler)
Janet
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019ng, kindle

From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it as they do it better than I do..

Imagine that your husband has two other wives.

You’ve never met the other wives. None of you knows each other, and because of this unconventional arrangement, you can see your husband only one day a week. But you love him so much you don’t care. Or at least that’s
Kat
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Wives made me feel as though I was on the teacups at Magic Kingdom. Spinning round and round without a clue to when the ride will abruptly end.
Seth has 3 wives, Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday (our narrator). The wives know about one another but have never met. Then Thursday finds a name in Seth's pant pocket. Curiosity festers and soon Thursday is searching and discovering things.
Thursday is relatable yet unreliable. Her thoughts and insecurities are mapped out for the reader. Thursday is o
Layne
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review to come
Maria
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books where I quickly devoured it and now knowing what I know now, I need to go back and do a slow re-read. It was captivating from the first chapter and I could not put it down. I loved the main character and was completely shocked by the twists and turns this book took. I’m still sitting here thinking about it. I can not wait to get my hands on an autographed copy and can not wait to read it again...and again. Tarryn has outdone herself once again. Now all I need is a Coll ...more
Lisa Grigsby
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
(I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review)

This book was mind bending. Tarryn Fisher once again brilliantly draws you in to the mind and emotions of the main character.Her words make you feel, hurt, anger, and cry. Warning: This is not a romance/HEA. Expect the unexpected in this suspenseful ride that may make you question your own reality. It was wicked. It was excellent!
"But I know that as humans we want to be heard, and so when someone does the hearing, we feel a conne
Lisa Jordan
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to Edelweiss, Graydon House & Tarryn Fisher for the ARC of this book. My thoughts and rating on this book are completely my own.

I feel like I'm treading a fine line here by reviewing this book. Anything I want to talk about could drive me straight into spoiler town.
So what can I talk about?
I got approved for this book yesterday, and I'm finished already. I couldn't wait to figure out what the heck was happening. So there's that.
The characters are well fleshed out and some of the pla
Lisa VH
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was absolutely a book I could not put down. You spend much of this book questioning reality and trying to figure out when the next shoe will drop. Nothing is as it first appears or even as you begin to suspect. You only see this story from Thursday's perspective and that definitely changes the way you read this story.

The writing was excellent. You are able to feel the uncertainty and tension with each new development in the story.

I was a little disappointed in the final direction/twist, h
Joanne
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has me on the edge of my seat. In typical Tarryn fashion, she wrote a book that is completely unputdownable and leaves the reader thinking whatttttttt????

Her books never disappoint. Every release is exciting and you know you're going to feed your brain with her unique spin on all things. Top Fav author.
Lyndsay
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I can’t say anything about this book without giving up spoilers but I will say this: just like most of TF’s work, if you think you’ve got it figured out, you’re wrong.
Luisa
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book ended in true Tarryn Fisher style. *cue Silver Linings Playbook GIF* WTF!!!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I would like to write a novel that every, single person loves, but not even J.K. Rowling could do that. Instead, I try to write stories that pull on people's emotions. I believe that sadness is the most powerful emotion, and swirled with regret the two become a dominating force. I love villains. Three of my favorites are Mother Gothel, Gaston and the Evil Queen who all suffered from a pretty wicke ...more