Start by marking “Luring a Lady: A Bestselling Romance Novel” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Luring a Lady: A Bests...

Nora Roberts

Luring a Lady: A Bestselling Romance Novel

(The Stanislaskis #2)

Coming soon! Luring a Lady by Nora Roberts will be available Apr 15, 2019.
Published April 15th 2019 by Silhouette Special Releases (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Luring a Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Luring a Lady

Lizzy
Due to today's great variety of books of all diffetent genres, it's easy to forget what romance is all about. Nora Roberts was already a master at spinning romantic tales when she wrote Luring A Lady back in the 1990’s.

Sidney Hayward and Mikhail Stanislaskis are the exact opposite of one another, however they couldn’t have been more perfect together. Sidney has a privileged upbringing, has recently assumed the head of the Hayward corporation, and is fundamentally insecure regarding relationship
Megzy
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maria
Sep 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh Mik!!!! What a guy!!! I do love a guy that isn't afraid of anything and wears his loving heart on his sleeve!! I absolutly adored Mik, I loved before in Taming Natasha, but wow he is perfect!! I love how he doesn't care what people think and he basks in the love of family and friends, and how much he cares for everyone in his life!!Sydney was very interesting, I didn't like her very much at the beginning because she was cold and so perfect, but I could relate to her, so I understand. I love h ...more
Saly
Rating 3.5

I liked this book even if the hero was pushy and over-bearing at times.
The heroine comes from a wealthy family and has always done as her family wanted but now for the first time she has responsibility of her grandfather's company and is nervous but learning and over the course of the book it was good to see her take control and become confident of her abilities as well as tell-off her mother.
The hero meets her when he comes to shout at her for being a bad tenant and somehow he sees th
fleurette
I have always considered myself as a fan of Nora Roberts. I especially liked her romantic suspense and the way she creates her characters.

Luring a Lady is one of her early books and I have to admit that I generally prefer her later ones. Her category romances are too short to properly develop the plot and characters. Some of them are also too old school to my taste.

However, I was positively surprised by Luring a Lady. Even though, it's a bit too short, I really liked the characters. The plot wa
Natalie
Nov 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put it down....again you can't wait to read the next sibling. :)
Kari
May 17, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Luring a Lady is the second book in the Stanislaski series. I reviewed Taming Natasha last week and decided to start this one right away. Much to my dismay, I couldn't even finish this book. While I liked Mikhail, I couldn't stand Sydney. I really just couldn't stomach reading about another woman who thought she was frigid and was the reason her marriage failed. Lady, he cheated on you because he was a douchebag and that is all. I was liking the story until the scene in the limo when Sydney is s ...more
Halle
I liked this book much more than its predecessor.

It was more thorough in detail and the characters were much more interesting, and seemed more interested in each other.

Mikhail is passionate and certain about what he wants, whereas Sydney is uneasy and lacks confidence in herself, but feels strongly for Mikhail. Many moments of clashing personalities in this one. I really enjoyed it.
Cruth
Author: Nora Roberts
First published: 1991
Length: ~2900 kindle locations
Setting: Contemporary. New York.
Sex: Explicit. Infrequent.
Hero: Ukrainian carpenter and Artist.
Heroine: Debutante turned president of grandfather’s company.

Awww. That was so sweet. Light and romantic with such a gorgeous Hero. One of the strong Alpha types who loves his woman unconditionally and supports her to achieve everything she wants. And a strong heroine who needs to be loved and is willing to embrace a life with him.

M
Pam
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Luring a Lady is Book two in the Stanislaski series by Nora Roberts. As with all of her books, the plot is well thought out and written and the characters are well developed. It is a really good book although it was a little slow in places. I love all of Nora Roberts’ books.
Sydney Hayward has taken her place as head of Hayward Industries. She is shakily making headway and her place in the company. She is taking her job seriously while others think she is just playing at taking a job. She is imp
Jenn
Nov 04, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
This was gym reading for me. Something that doesn't take a lot of concentration. I think I got this one free at some point or another. I've read some Nora Roberts before (mostly her FBI stuff quite a few years ago) and I'm reading her most recent In Death book right now. I've just recently gotten into reading more romance, but I generally am into the historicals right now.

So, this one was very light reading. There wasn't a whole lot to it. The heroine was quite a bore and had issues because she
Jessica
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
love love loved this book. these characters suited much more. Mikhail was so passionate and emotional. his heavy handed ways arent for everyone but they were just what our heroine needed. she was an ice princess but not really...her passions ran deep for the right person to bring out. i liked the dichotomy between the 2 it was definitely never boring. sydney wasnt my typical fav heroine but i liked watching her find her feet and get tough. the sex scenes were steamier in this one and the writing ...more
Tatiana Lammers
Nov 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I started The Stanislaskis series backwards - with 'Waiting for Nick/ Considering Kate', and realized there were more books. I absolutely love these books. And 'Luring a Lady', the book about Mikhail, the second of the Stanislaskis’ siblings, is not an exception. The book is very easy to read. It keeps you wanting for more. Being a Russian native myself I really like the way the author describes the Stanislaski family, their traditions, the love of the family and the way they care about each and ...more
 Mary
Feb 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
Guau! Mikhail Stanislaski is definitely a perfect men, when I read about him in "Taming Natasha" I instantly like him. He's a fine masculine specimen and gives me back hope to the entire specie.

About Sydney, I learnt to understand her and after reading about her mother, she has my completely sympathy. She's a fighter and make her way on her own, she is a stong woman and I admire her for that.

This is very enjoable book, impossible to let it go, as often happens with Nora's books, that makes you
Pati
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this family! Quick poolside reads that will make you tear up, then smile. Getting ready to start the third :-)
Veronica
This was, I think, one of the first romance novels I ever read, and rereading it makes me grateful all over again that Nora Roberts was my entree into the genre, because while there are some things that are definitely Of Their Time about her earlier works — the pushy alpha heroes, the unexamined exoticism of non-WASP characters (in this case, the Ukrainian Stanislaskis are often referred to as sexy gypsies) — there are also these personally influential and sometimes tremendously progressive idea ...more
Maura
Charlotte Griggs
This book was absolutely wonderful. I couldn't put this novel down. I actually finished it in one sitting. I love that Mik and Sydney started off as strangers living in two completely different worlds. She despised everything he was and he fully intended to sleep with her. The way their relationship developed throughout the book kept me interested and dying for more.

I absolutely adored Mik's family and their welcoming of Sydney. Especially since Sydney didn't have the type of love she saw in Mi
Santina Young
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Energizing Romance

It was an easy read for a romance novel.. The characters were interesting and the story line easy to follow.. Some of the love scenes were too explicit for my taste, that may be because I am a senior citizen.. I am sure they would be just fine foe the younger crowd.. I did enjoy reading about the robust Stanislawski family and would consider reading more in this series for that reason,
Gillian Rose
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite Nora Roberts books. I'm glad I decided to go back and read this series. Sydney and Mikhail are one of my favorite couples. Mikhail is alpha who doesn't mind being a hard core career woman. I love that. The chemistry between these two is amazing, though as I walk through NYC I'm still trying to find a brownstone apartment building with balconies. Perhaps she meant fire escape? ;)
Jeanne Graves
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story deals with Mikhail Stankislaski and his romance with the woman who owns his apartment building. She has a failed marriage in her past and lots of guilt asssociated with it. He loves with everything he has and that goes along with his artistic personality. I bet you can guess that all the obstacles are overcome and they live HEA.
Kim
Nov 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I love this family/series but I was a bit disappointed with the depth of these characters, particularly the heroine. But, I can’t come up with an explanation or example. So, take that for whatever it’s worth.
Reni
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoying the audio book and the series. For some reason I held off reading this series from Nora Roberts, perhaps it was because it's a little dated but I'm pleasantly surprised. Nora sure has a way with words. Most of all I think I'm looking forward to reading Alex's story.
Vickey
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't help but love a little romance series💕💞
Tara
I loke the other two of this book more, however was not bad.
Jorisla
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Old school romance. Sweet.
Kat Ashworth
Read the first in the series, now a little hooked. Fun quick read.
Megan Williams Williams
Always fun to read an old Nora Roberts...I'm working myself through the Stanislaski family. Easy, fun, I love it.
Pooja Ajmera
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second book in series is wow, Nora Roberts leaves me everytime with stars in my eyes! Such beautiful romance and I bet you connect it everytime.... It's ❤❤❤❤... Go now lure a book! ...more
Robyne (grl-1der-reader)
Better than book 1 of series
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Wanted: Mail-Order Mistress (Gentlemen of Fortune, #3)
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Within Reach
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • White House Autumn (The President's Daughter, #2)
  • Caught In The Act (PI & Men to the Rescue #3)
  • Faith (Virtue, #2)
  • The Undoing of a Lady (The Brides of Fortune #3)
  • The Divorce Party (The Delicious De Campos, #1)
  • Sandwich, with a Side of Romance (Sandwich #1)
  • The Life She Left Behind (The Santina Crown, #0.5)
  • Fast Courting
  • Mistress: Hired for the Billionaire's Pleasure
  • Destined to Last (Providence, #4)
  • Deadly Little Secrets
  • The Notorious Scoundrel (The Hawkins Brothers #2)
  • Velvet, Leather & Lace: A Man's Gotta Do\Calling the Shots\Baring It All
  • Mail Order Cowboy (Brides of Simpson Creek, #1)

The Stanislaskis (6 books)
  • Taming Natasha (The Stanislaskis, #1)
  • Falling for Rachel (The Stanislaskis, #3)
  • Convincing Alex (The Stanislaskis, #4)
  • Waiting for Nick (The Stanislaskis, #5)
  • Considering Kate (The Stanislaskis, #6)