Start by marking “Pastry Love: A Baker's Journal of Favorite Recipes” as Want to Read:
Pastry Love: A Baker's Journal of Favorite Recipes

Pastry Love: A Baker's Journal of Favorite Recipes

A must-have baking bible from the James Beard award–winning baker and owner of the beloved Flour bakeries in Boston.

James Beard award–winning baker Joanne Changis best known around the country for her eight acclaimed Flour bakeries in Boston. Changhas published two books based on the offerings at Flour, such as her famous sticky buns, but Pastry Loveis her most personal
Published November 5th 2019 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

To ask other readers questions about Pastry Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pastry Love

Start your review of Pastry Love: A Baker's Journal of Favorite Recipes
Julie
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbook
I wish I could hold on to this book longer. Alas, someone else has a hold on it at the library and I need to be kind and return it and she the joy! It's a gorgeous book and there are so many recipes I want to try that I may just have to own it.
Kate
Jan 24, 2020 added it
Shelves: 2020, cookbooks
I have a rule with myself that if I take a cookbook out of the library I have to at least TRY one recipe. Otherwise I just read the headnotes and it feels like I haven't fully experienced the book. But, baking is a real time suck for me, and I have a tiny amount of counter space. So, for posterity: I took a photo of the thin and crispy chocolate chip cookies to make later (especially since David Lebovitz made them on his blog, and I respect his opinion), and the kouign amann is on my wishlist ...more
Winyen
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I need a stand mixer for that luscious brioche!
Alinna
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Baked out of this for Christmas. Her ingredients are recognizable and approachable — I liked her, even if I don’t much care for crepe cake.
Kay Bowen
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
I didn't have a chance to try any recipes (another library borrower had dibs on it) but the stories and pictures were good.
Lisa
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I need this book! There were so many things in this book that made me want to eat and make. There were some intense recipes, really good pictures and awesome instructionals. I am in love.
Nicole
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent collection of pastry recipes. I can't wait to try the recipes out for the holidays.
Stephanie
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: food
Had some different recipes in here. Saved a few of them to try.

4/5stars
Elizabeth
Nov 14, 2019
Nazleen
Jan 22, 2019 marked it as to-read
which one do you recommend .
Val
Amy
Dec 21, 2019
Becca Butcher
Jan 01, 2020

• Half Baked Harvest Super Simple: More Than 125 Recipes for Instant, Overnight, Meal-Prepped, and Easy Comfort Foods: A Cookbook
  • Nothing Fancy: Unfussy Food for Having People Over
  • The Pioneer Woman Cooks: The New Frontier
  • Bowls: Vibrant Recipes with Endless Possibilities
  • The Family Upstairs
  • The Most Fun We Ever Had
  • Weeknight Baking: Time-Saving Recipes to Make Any Night of the Week
  • The Grace Year
  • The Salt Path
  • Maangchi's Big Book of Korean Cooking: From Everyday Meals to Celebration Cuisine
  • Where Cooking Begins: Uncomplicated Recipes to Make You a Great Cook: A Cookbook
  • The Fountains of Silence
  • The Food of Sichuan
  • Forest Feast Mediterranean: Simple Vegetarian Recipes Inspired by My Travels
  • Bringing Down the Duke (A League of Extraordinary Women, #1)
  • Twisted Twenty-Six (Stephanie Plum, #26)
  • The Stationery Shop
  • Kitten Lady's Big Book of Little Kittens
Joanne Chang is the chef-owner of Flour Bakery in Boston. She has a degree in applied mathematics and economics from Harvard University and was a pastry chef at Payard Patisserie and Mistral. She lives in Boston. Christie Matheson is the author and co-author of several books, including Salty Sweets. She lives in San Francisco. Keller + Keller are Boston-based food and lifestyle photographers."