Start by marking “The Vanderbeekers to the Rescue (The Vanderbeekers #3)” as Want to Read:
The Vanderbeekers to the Rescue (The Vanderbeekers #3)

The Vanderbeekers to the Rescue

(The Vanderbeekers #3)

NYT Bestselling series! Harlem’s favorite family returns in the third installment in the Vanderbeerkers series, wherein the Vanderbeeker kids find themselves racing to save their mother’s baking business from city closure. Illustrated with delightful black and white illustrations.

For the Vanderbeeker kids of Harlem’s 141st Street, spring break couldn’t be off to a better s
Expected publication: September 17th 2019 by HMH Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about The Vanderbeekers to the Rescue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vanderbeekers to the Rescue

Kate ☀️ Olson
(free review copy via @kidlitexchange) Oh I LOVE this family even more with every story. They are the perfect combination of the Melendy and Penderwick families and the children are wonderfully unsupervised (this is a GOOD THING!) and allowed to have adventures and learn and make mistakes and I just adore them so much. This story combines pets and a BIG family problem and is just such a delightful story. I raced through it and can't wait to share it with students!

Yan Glaser writes for this audie
Kelly
Jul 06, 2019 added it
Shelves: read-in-2019
This series is just so delightful. The latest edition involves so many animals, so much compassion for pets waiting to find their families, and cat cafes!
Laura Gardner
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
another ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 read for Vanderbeekers #3! Thanks to @karinaisreadingandwriting and @hmhbooks for sharing this ARC with me and @kidlitexchange. All opinions are my own. It's not out until 9/17, but pre-order now!

Along with the Penderwicks, the Gaithers and Quimbys, the Vanderbeekers have a very special place in my heart as a wonderful series about a fun family and their adventures.
Book 3 may be my favorite of the series thus far -- I loved seeing the kids come up with a creative solution to t
Hannah
Jul 30, 2019 added it
Shelves: 2019, middle-grade
THE VANDERBEEKERS TO THE RESCUE is a cozy and fun return to the chaotic and loving Vanderbeeker brownstone--there's a mystery to solve (who is leaving animals on the doorstep?), and a mission to accomplish (save Mom's baking business!) all in the span of one week, and only the five spirited, precocious Vanderbeeker kids could pull it all off. A cheery, classic-feeling book that will have readers longing for another adventure!
Faith Hough
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Aren't book series wonderful? In my experience as a homeschooling mother (and aunt :) ), there's nothing better than series when your new reader hits a certain age where they want to read and read and read--but they don't necessarily want to invest all that time in a new world every time. Even as an adult, there are times when my own life is so full of dentist appointments and teaching math and volunteering and folding laundry that picking up a book and meeting new characters sounds like more of ...more
Jo-ann Walsh
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
@kidlitexchange #partner
Thank you @kidlitexchange for the free review copy of this book. All opinions are my own. The Vanderbeekers to the Rescue releases on September 17, 2019.
The Vanderbeekers are back! It is spring break and as usual the family is busy! Isa is preparing for an audition, Oliver has plans to finish building his tree house with Uncle Arthur, Jessie is working on a science fair, The family is preparing for a magazine photo shoot for Mama’s business, and everyone is thinking of wh
Deanna Holdsworth
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book #3 of The Vanderbeekers is just as good as the first two! You Need This Book, the entire series, In Your Home! Keep up the good work, Karina Yan Glaser.

The Vanderbeeker children are all excited to hear that their mother will be in a magazine showing off her baking skills and her in-home business. They hope to make it into the magazine too. However, when the food inspector comes while mom is away and he sees the five children, their dog, cat and rabbit all in the kitchen area mom's loses her
Kathie
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-09
Thank you to the author and publisher for an ARC of this book.

I've said it before, and I'll say it over and over again...I ADORE the Vanderbeeker books. There is so much heart, hope, humor, and unintentional mayhem in these stories that I cannot help but fall head over heels in love with them.

The Vanderbeeker kids always have the best of intentions, but sometimes things don't go exactly as the plan. When some unexpected chaos puts the future of Mama's bakery business in jeopardy just before one
Kimberly
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you @kidlitexchange @hmhkids and @karinaisreadingandwriting for the review copy of this middle grade book. All opinions are my own. The Vanderbeekers to the Rescue is set to release 9.17.19!!!

Book 3 is such a wonderful addition to the Vanderbeekers series. I just adore this sweet family, their caring hearts and the fun New York setting. In this story, Mrs. Vanderbeeker’s delicious cookies are always a hit and have landed her an interview that will definitley boost her business. Problem is
Tracy
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to the Kid Lit Exchange for the review copy. All opinions are my own.

I just think the VANDERBEEKERS series is full of some of the best middle grade writing out there right now. These books give me all the feels. They are full of friendship, family, and community. What I love most is that they are full of wholesome adventure. Pure fun in every book.

In this third installment, the VANDERBEEKERS TO THE RESCUE, the children try to help their mom achieve her dream of opening a cookie cafe. But
Karen McKenna
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Spending time with the Vanderbeekers is like a breathe of fresh air. I just love this family so much. I had high expectations after the first two books in the series, and the latest installment did not disappoint. This time, the Vanderbeekers kids are on a mission to save their mom's baking business after an unfortunate inspection gone awry (as only the Vanderbeekers can muck it up) threatens to put her out of business. With heart, ingenuity, and perseverance, the Vanderbeekers work to make thin ...more
Lorie Barber
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to the author & publisher for the advanced copy of the third book in this series, out in September.

The Vanderbeeker series just keeps getting better and better. Watching the 5 Vanderbeeker kids grow up, grow as people, and help their community continues to be an absolute pleasure. As their characters are deftly developed by Yan Glaser (whose growth as a writer is such a pleasure to watch), the reader learns more about what each kid believes in, has passion for, and loves. The plot
Christie
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Diving into this book felt like jumping back in to a new season of your favorite show after a looooooooong break between seasons. I was instantly filled with nostalgia and love for the characters from the very first page. Within the first few paragraphs I remembered how much I loved the writing style and word choice of Karina Yan Glaser, and I was thrilled to be back with the Vanderbeekers on their third adventure, as they remind us all that things are “only impossible if you give up.”
The chao
Katie Reilley
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to the author and HMH Kids for sharing with our #bookexpedition group!

The Vanderbeekers are back in this third installment of the series, and it’s definitely my favorite one yet! The kids are on spring break and have big plans. Isa’s preparing for her violin audition, Oliver’s building a treehouse in the backyard, and Laney, Jessie and Hyacinth are helping their mom get ready for a magazine photo shoot in which her delicious cookies will be featured.

When an inspector comes to the hom
Pam
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-grades
I received an electronic ARC from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Children's Book Group through NetGalley.
The third book in the series offers further insight into this family. Yan Glaser brings out how they learn to work together to respond to the latest crisis. Though things go completely wrong when the Health Department Inspector arrives early to inspect their apartment, the Vanderbeeker children manage to make their mom's bakery dream come true on a much larger scale after trials and challenges alo
Amber Webb
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Vanderbeekers strike again with their loving, compassionate approach to life. Finding homes for misplaced animals, helping their Mom follow her dreams and dealing with life in general all while taking care of one another in the most gentle way possible.
One of the many pieces I love about Karina Yan Glaser’s writing in this series is how a big family loves each other fully, cares genuinely and works together to solve life’s problems. They never speak unkindly to one another or do something t
Breanne Gibson
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you for this free review copy, HMH Books for Young Readers and NetGalley. I was so excited to get an early peak at this book, and it was just as lovely as I expected. The Vanderbeekers are independent, relatable, likable kids. They always have the best intentions, but seem to find themselves in difficult situations. I love the way family and friends work together and persevere to support these lovable characters. If you like characters like Ramona Quimby, Anne Shirley, or the Penderwick ki ...more
Mary Hamer
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Karina has done it again! In the third installment of this amazing family, the Vanderbeekers find themselves in the middle of quite a mystery. Every morning a new animal has been placed on their doorstep. And what is worse? Mama is trying to make her dreams come true by opening a bakery in their brownstone but the city inspector has other plans. Can the Vanderbeekers find new homes for all these animals and help mama make her dream a reality? And who is behind the mystery animal drop offs? ...more
Danielle Wood
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. The Vanderbeekers to the Rescue is the third book in the Vanderbeekers series. I love this family so much! The kids are sweet and adventurous and their whole family dynamic is heartwarming. I love the relationships they have with their neighbors and community. Every book in this series has been fantastic and “to the Rescue” did not disappoint!
Brenda
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a great series! The characters are lovable and feel like family. I really enjoy seeing what the kids are up to and this one did not disappoint. I loved that they were trying to help their mom out, but things didn't quite go their way. The ending was great and I look forward to the next book.
Julie
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love this family more and more with every book I finish! Each character is so lovely, including the Harlem neighborhood itself. This story focuses on Mama's dream to open a cookie bakery and the many things that go wrong along the way. Sweet and heartfelt, this would be a perfect family or classroom read aloud. Thank you to Karina Yan Glaser for bringing these stories into the world.
Erin Varley
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This family makes my heart full!! How I wish I was a Vanderbeeker- oh to be part of this family. I loved this current installment. These kids have big hearts and distinct personalities. Seeing the notice that there is a book 4 makes me so happy!!
You had me at cat cafe. Review to come.
Julia
This is perfect for fans of the Penderwicks or the Cassons.

Such a lovely quirky family story.
Cordelia
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
It’s like if the Penderwicks made horrible decisions, and looked even more adorable while doing it!😍
I loved it!
Ms Threlkeld
This book made my heart happy. Loved the premise and being back with the charming Vanderbeeker family.
Kirsten Murphy
Connection: Book 3 in The Vanderbeekers series
Andréa
Jun 28, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc, new-york, kids, a-owns
Note: I received an ARC of this book from the publisher at ALA Annual 2019.
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series and am looking forward to #4!
Emily
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Favorite Vanderbeeker adventure yet!!
Originally from California, Karina came to New York City for college and has stuck around for nearly twenty years. She has had a varied career teaching and implementing literacy programs in family homeless shelters and recruiting healthcare professionals to volunteer in under resourced areas around the world. Now as a mother, one of her proudest achievements is raising two kids who can’t go anywhe ...more

The Vanderbeekers (3 books)
  • The Vanderbeekers of 141st Street (The Vanderbeekers #1)
  • The Vanderbeekers and the Hidden Garden (The Vanderbeekers #2)