Start by marking “Ringing in the New Year” as Want to Read:
Ringing in the New Year

Ringing in the New Year

Reed Sanders knew the first time he saw the neighbor girl in second grade that she was the one. He even stole his mom’s ring to seal the deal, but he got into trouble for doing it. It’s okay, though, because he knows that one day she’s going to be his wife and he’ll keep giving her the ring until then.

Cami Evans fell in love with the boy next door when she was seven years
Published December 26th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Ringing in the New Year, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ringing in the New Year

Bookloverme
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5+++++ Stars

One of the sweetest stories written by AR. I freaking loved it! It deserved more than a 5-star rating.

The story is about Reed and Cami.

The Sanders hired her father to take care of his  mother's horses on their second grade. They moved to their guest house. And since then they became inseparable. At a very young age, their feelings for each other were already strong and it got stronger over the years. But what will happen if her father took her away from him and he couldn't find her?

I
Sophia Triad
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Who finds the love of their life in second grade?

One of the sweetest stories by Alexa Riley. There will be a twist and a small gasp in the middle of the book, but other than that it is a very safe read.

I loved the story behind the ring at the book cover!
Jenny
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Steamy and sweet story. These two loved each other since forever and they were truly soulmates. Lovely couple. Adorable epilogue with 4 kids! :)
♡Tonya♡
Dare I say my new Alexa Riley favorite.....

They did it again. I loved the sweetness, the story line the reunion. Alexa Riley delivered again. Pure sugar

-no cheating
-zero ow/om drama
-no pushing away
-5 year separation
-good epilogue- would have loved more info about their family (names, etc)
Chitra *CJ*
"Ringing in the New Year" is the story of Cami and Reed.

This is the SUPER ADORABLE love story of two soulmates who grow up and into love with one another. I fell for his heartwarming ring gestures (which then became a tradition), the angst was refreshing and the reunion filled with feels.
Read it at 12 am, and if you want something sweet at the beginning of 2019, this AR goodie is the book for you!

Enjoyed it, and didn't even mind the double V card for once as it fit the plot and was believable. A
Mindy Lou's Book Review
I adore that we got to see these two meet as kids and grow up together. Seeing a young boy find the “one” at such a young age and then innocently take care of and protect her was just so cute. I love the part the ring played throughout the story. Because they met at such a young age I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop. When it did, I like how the authors handled it. It’s nice to know the authors kept it as a safe read. This is a great low angst read with a very protective alpha.

Borrowed on
AvidReader
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars ⭐.
So different from usual Alexa Riley nevertheless sweet and entertaining. I loved the initial chapters of young Cami and Reed. Their interactions and conversations was fantastic. The way he steals his mom’s ring at every opportunity was hilarious. Epilogue was too much fun.
Recommended.
Gi's Spot Reviews
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, auto-read-author
Talk about PERFECT way to ring in the year! This was the SWEETEST book EVAHHH!
I think the highest I’ve ever rated a novella is 3 stars, so two full stars is pretty solid. Decent character and plot development for a short and none of the important bits were missing. The MCs were just lovely and the H who waited five years for the h? Amazing.
Elizabeth Neal
She said yes. It doesn't matter that Reed and Cami were only in the second grade. He held her to that answer throughout their childhood and in to their teens, when their relationship became what it was meant to be. That answer even survived the five years they were apart, a separation Cami's dad was responsible for and one that landed her in a cult, and in even more dangerous territory when her dad passed, leaving her at the mercy, of which he had none, the leader.

But she escaped, found a way to
Maria...
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

The sweetest reading from Alexa Riley! I loved it so much! They were so cute together! I had a stupid smile the whole time! 🥰🥰🥰
*Dee's books!
What a quick, sweet and smexy 5 star read! Reed and Cami were an endearing young couple until they were not but you will find yourself rooting for them throughout the story! History repeats itself with Reed and his son, Jase ... so cute!

LOVED IT!

5 so sweet stars *****
Nova
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read from start to finish totally squishy feels.

Reed totally stole my heart from the start after he was watching her to keep her safe because his mum told him too, they had a special bond that he was determined to keep from childhood to their teens when the feeling they had become what they were always meant to be each others. But Cami is taken from him by her dad and they are separated for five long years where Reed never gives up the idea that she will return to him and once s
Elle
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4* STARS!

This is soooo cute & romantic story. Fill with tiny tears, loneliness and ended up with love happiness. I'm so rarely into virgin hero but this is an exceptional. ❤❤❤
Jennifer Finn
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book is was so sweet and sad and it’s impossible not to root for these two young lovers to get their happily ever after. Reed Sanders was in second grade when Cami and her dad moved into the guesthouse on his property after his dad hired Cami’s dad to take care of their horses. Whenever Cami laughed Reed would get a weird feeling in his tummy. At first he didn’t like it but then he realized he’d do anything to see her smile and hear her laugh. His mom told him to keep an eye on Cami ...more
Neringa Neringiukas
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another sweet quick story from Alexa. It was cute how Reed and Cami connection started at young age and it grew with each year. Perfect holiday read.
Alaina
This was such a cute book to dive into for the beginning of the year. It's short, super quick, and has a very cute and happy ending.

Ringing in the New Year made me fall back in love with Alexa Riley's writing. I feel like it's been a while since I've read one of her books and I'm so happy that I found this one on my KU. In it, you will suddenly fall in love with Reed and Cami. From a young age, they were destined to be together.

Reed always told Cami that they were going to one day wed. However,
Lindsay
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ot seemed rather fitting to ring in the new year with a book of the same title. Plus, I wasnt sure what to read, and this was recommended by a friend. She swore it was amazing.

I did find this book highly enjoyable. I loved that even though the book itself is short, there was still the history of the characters. You got to see them grow up, see their relationship grow.

As with most Alexa Riley books, I do wish it had been a little longer, bit it was still a satisfying read.
lily waheed
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
One word ADORABLE ❤
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Ringing in the New Year by Alexa Riley is the story of Cami Evans and Reed Sanders.
Cami and Reed were childhood friends to young love but then Cami disappeared. Now in their present day they have been reunited and Reed isn't letting her go this time.
Another great, hot quick read...loved it.
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-love
I received an Advance Reader Copy of the book. This is my honest and voluntary review.

Le sigh! Ringing in the New Year made me swoon from the very first page to the last. I'm such trash for romances featuring high school sweethearts or young love and it was done so right here. Reed and Cami were absolutely adorable from the time they are introduced in the 2nd grade and I really enjoyed the way that the authors used time jumps to progress their relationship. I also really enjoyed the way that Re
Book Snob Sue
I loved this book, so many wonderful stars. I would have given it more than 5 stars, but apparently it doesn’t matter how many times you click the damn 5 stars icon...they don’t add up...pfft.

These two meet as children and right away they steal my heart. We get a timeline of their interactions through the years, and I adore it. From 2nd grade when he keeps giving her his mother’s promise ring at important times in her life, until the time she disappears. They were together for every one of thos
Melissa
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

This was a very enjoyable quick story. I really liked reading about Reed and Cami growing up together, their relationship was so sweet. I wish we got a little more about them from the time Cami escaped, I would have liked to see them bond more. Otherwise this was a pretty good read!
Sarah Wayne
Dnf at 61%. First half was great. Too quickly lead to sex in second half, which is ok.. but timing was off imo. Good plotline but not great execution.
MsKingsPens
Sappy, cheesy, and completely implausible... but it was sweet and a nice diversion. Reed and Cami were crazy. I really liked his parents.

If the women behind Alexa Riley ever decide to expand on one of these shorts, they finally have one that feels like it could be full length. I realize they have the Harlequin books, but those all seem to run out of story long before they run out of pages.
Zuzu Lu
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Don't take the girl

An adorable little insta love story. Reminded me of the country song, Don't take the girl. Epilogue was cute as usual for Alexa. Quick read.
Tiera McMillian
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: april-2019
AWWWWW. Not going to lie this book had me all up in my feels. I think this may be one of my favorite AR books so far. It was dang adorable and a little sad too but mostly adorable. I am a mood reader. I'll just get in a mood and then binge like an addict and this month for some reason its been short contemporaries. One of the greatest things about Alexa Riley Novels is that you get the whole story but all the fat is trimmed off so you just get the meat of it. In this story's case, even thought t ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• His Mrs. Right
  • Tempting Tonio (The Adamos, #1)
  • His Dirty Secret (Best Friend, #2)
  • Sweet Ride
  • Necklace of Shame
  • Destructive (Deadly Love, #1)
  • The Fifth Day
  • The Skin I'm In
  • Two Howls (ALPHAS #4)
  • Jake
  • See (Ripples In The Water, #1)
  • Schooled by a Senior
  • Broken
  • Give In
  • The Billionaire's Baby
  • Saved For Me
  • Taking It All (Billionaire Insta-Love, #4)
  • The Bear Essentials (Bear Essentials, #1)
Alexa Riley is two sassy friends who got together and wrote some dirty books. They are both married moms of two who love football, donuts, and obsessed book heroes.

They specialize in insta-love, over-the-top, sweet, and cheesy love stories that don’t take all year to read. If you want something SAFE, short, and always with a happily ever after, then Alexa Riley is for you!

Feel free to follow us ea