Start by marking “Nero Awakening (Neron Rising Saga #3)” as Want to Read:
Nero Awakening (Neron Rising Saga #3)

Nero Awakening

(Neron Rising Saga #3)

The Bahiri are real and Nova has found them hidden away on an invisible planet. With their help, she’s finally ready to accept what she is: a Nero. She has to train, to learn how to use her abilities, and she’s got years’ worth of catching up to do. Desperate, she’ll push herself—possibly beyond her limits.

But learning how to use her abilities not only awakens her capabili
Published January 15th 2019 (first published January 9th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Nero Awakening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nero Awakening

Start your review of Nero Awakening (Neron Rising Saga #3)
Courtney
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I am loving these episodes more and more with each one.

Nero Awakening is the third episode in Keary's series and is no less enticing and enthralling as the last two.

While Nero Awakening isn't filled with as much as action as the first two, there is still a great deal going on and we learn more and more about the Nero and their abilities. I won't give away any details as the blurb fulfills the job of explaining what to expect in this episode.

While this portion focuses mostly on Nova and her learn
Jacqueline J
Jan 17, 2019 rated it liked it
This one wasn't as interesting as the first two. Kinda slow so I dropped it a star.

So this review is going to be for the first three episodes which I've read so far. First off and I hate to say it but the price is pretty steep for the amount of pages and reading time you get. The story isn't done and I'm not sure I'm going to continue to pay $2.99 for each 150 pages (approx.) On to the story..

I like the world building and the story arc. It's different and well developed. It has a pretty solid sp
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
I enjoyed this episode of the series. I was left wanting to know what was going to happen next - something this author excels at doing. I like these characters and learning more about them. I do suggest reading this series in order for more enjoyment since each book picks up where the previous book leaves off.
Penny
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As I’ve mentioned before, I’m not really big on sci-fi. I read it, but it’s not one of my favorites. However, this series is just killing it! I love how full of depth this series is, and here we are at the third book still going strong. Even though the books are serialized and are shorter, you can’t really tell because the author just packs so much wonderful writing into them. I can’t say too much as I don’t want to spoil anything, but I’ll say what I can. Nova is wrestling with her visions, and ...more
Kelly
Jan 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Didn't like this one as much as the first two but that's okay. I still enjoyed reading it and I'll be waiting for the fourth episode to come out in february :).
Jeanny
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
I’m not a fan of serials. This episode was especially lacking IMO. It was just too predictable. I think I’ll wait for a few additional books to be released before I pick this up again.
Mandie
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series has just been exceptional. It has so many things going for it. It’s sci-fi for one. The writing is superb. It’s action packed, and so full of excitement. Each episode is better than the last. The encompassing storyline had me hooked from book 1. And I normally don’t read a lot of sci-fi.
And these covers are absolutely stunning! I would recommend this series to anyone and everyone.
Sylvia Rangel
Epidode 3

I'm sorry, but I am bored. The author needs to learn about cliffhangers. This romance still has no romance. Maybe she also needs to read a Harlequin.
Sheena
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third chapter of the Neron Saga and it seems it's just going from strength to strength. While the episodes are shorter than an actual novel you don't feel it because there is so much going on. This episode is a little slower than the previous ones but that's perfect, it really allows you to get to know Nova a little better and develop the relationship with Valen even though they're miles apart. This episode focuses on Nova honing her abilities while trying not to become overwhelmed w ...more
Boundless Book Reviews
Nova and her companions finally find the mysterious Bahiri, and with them comes safety and training for Nova. She is a very late bloomer when it comes to her powers, and she is years behind.

Yet she is desperate for the love she has seen in the future with Valen, yet she can’t be with him. Not, if it leads to the future, she has seen

“Valen Nero is an evil man. So I can’t be in love with him.”

She needs to train hard, learn her powers, and change the future.
Nero Awakening was a great character-b
María Bravo Macías

I have to say that I'm kinda mad that I couldn't give this part 5 stars. BECAUSE NOVA.

Don't get me wrong, the story was good. She is suffering so much from her dreams about the future, needing Valen by her side but not doing anything about it just yet. I get it. I do. But treating everyone around her the way she does? That's a nono.

This could have been a 2 star review if it wasn't for Edan. Oh I love that kid. Zayne was my favorite character in book 2. Edan was my favorite character in this book
m ✦ foesandlovers
Apr 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
4 STARS

I'd say the first 30% of this one were a bit slow, especially compared to the other books, but it definitely picked up after that. Still very much enjoying reading these and I'm, again, very excited to see where this story goes next!
SUZAN C.
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nero Awakening is episode 3 in Keary's episodic space-romance drama and it was so highly anticipated! In episode 3, the pacing slowed down a bit, which worked well for Nova and her gang who just arrived at the planet Salypso. Salypso is the hidden and elusive planet which hosts other Neroes and the inhabitants on that planet wishes to remain hidden. But Nova doesn't and she wants to learn all about her newly found powers.
While on the planet, Salypso, Nova learns to wield her Neron powers from he
Alexandria Woods
Not as Good as the Others but Forging Ahead

This book was still very interesting like the others but it fell a little short for me. The events move along quickly but I didn't enjoy the dream visions and didn't understand why Nova woke from them so devastated every time. Maybe an explanation as to what she was experiencing or why after only two encounters with Valen she feels so attached to him and their future to help guide the reader would have made it better received. Nova meets Evander but the
Deirdre O'Dwyer
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am so in love with this series! As we dive deeper into the story of this epic heroine, Nova, I am constantly impressed by the author, Keary Taylor. She just always keeps you guessing, and does such a great job developing characters and the relationships between them. As we got to know some characters a little better, there seems to be a lot being hidden, and that some may not be what they seem. I keep getting the feeling that a certain character in Nova's team, whom I like very much, that has ...more
Ashile R. Webb
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series has me hooked!! This is now the third book in the Nero series and I can't read them quick enough! Keary has done an incredible job of building up these characters and really did an amazing job developing their personalities and universe that you find yourself quickly being swept away into another world. I highly recommend reading the previous two episodes before diving into Nero Awakening to fully understand the backstory and why things have built up to where they are now - otherwise ...more
Krystal Fredrick
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Naurarwen
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What another fantastic episode to The Neron Rising Saga, I am so excited for episode four.

Nova is a Nero, and she's finally found the one place where she is hoping to find out more about herself and the other Neros. She may not be one of the last, but she may be the last one to fight for what she thinks is right. Plagued by visions she doesn't want to pass, but also pining for Valen she will do anything to change a possible future.

I literally love this whole episode, I admit I missed having as m
Gemma Ironside
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nero Awakening is the third book in the series by Keary Taylor. If you haven’t read the first two books then I advise you to read those before picking up this book.

This book begins with Nova in her new life learning how to control neron like she always should have been able to do. Preparing for what she knows she needs to do with her life. Nova is a strong independent woman and is prepared to do anything she needs to do to keep her family safe but not only her family, everyone she can possibly
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading ‘Nero Awakening’ and felt that it was a great bridge between the last episode and whatever is coming next. Again, this book left me wanting more as we were given more insight into Nova’s new world but there are still many stones left unturned. As always, the book was filled with mystery and ended on a cliffhanger that has left me waiting impatiently for the next book!

I loved how Nova and Edan bonded throughout this book and enjoyed seeing how she grew further as a character. T
cassi parker
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Keary Taylor has done it again! I picked this up and couldn’t put it down until it was finished and I was left open mouth gaping omg?! When’s the next release?!?! As per usual for her it’s left on a solid cliffhanger and the suspense is killing me. I must know what happens next! Nova grows as a character throughout this episode developing a few relationships but mostly we see her gain control of her powers and push herself to new limits. Until this series I’ve never been too interested in space ...more
Cj
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The 3rd installment of Nero Saga does not disappoint. I’m addicted to this series. We’ve been following Nova in her quest to find out who or what she is. And where her destiny takes her. She came to Salypso to do just that. She finds out exactly what she can do and what she needs to do to be with the man she loves and to save them both.
She finally gets to meet the prophet Evander Nero. Between her and Evander’s visions of the future, the one thing that will provide the key to her future is.....
Idi Rojas
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm totally addicted to this series. Keary made it again! This is the third book and I can't wait for the fourth. Nova is incredible, she is so brave and has no self preservation when it comes to protect the people she loves. Valen our supposedly villain I'm sure that all that have read these books share my opinion that there is no way to hate him after knowing his background. I loved this book so much. Nova trained so hard to get the knowledge she needs to save her loved one and even the galaxy ...more
Lisa
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Here we are at episode three.
I am LOVING this series.

In this episode Nova’s training increases and she decided her future. She trains hard and improves exponentially every day. In a matter of lunars she feels she’s ready for the next step.
All the while she is haunted constantly by visions and dreams of the future. Her future with Valen and their children. She is tormented by what she sees and decided that it simply cannot be.
We are left gasping for more at the end of this episode. I’m so eage
Linda
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nova and her group have found the Bahiri and the Nero hidden away on their own planet.
Nova is learning everything about how to use and control the power. She's learned more about the prophecy but doesn't think it's her.
She's seeing parts of her future with Valen, she doesn't like some of it and it's up to her to change it.
Leaving everyone behind except Edan they are putting their plan in action.
4.8⭐
Steffany Martin
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was another great book in the series. I loved the snippets of future predictions. The character development for Edan made him lovable. A major flaw for me was that I felt nothing was happening. Nova wandered around the island gathering information here and there for the majority of the book. I would have loved to read more about her training and interactions with other Nero on the planet (and maybe a few to join in her mission). I can’t wait to read what happens next.
JanaLee Longhurst
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A world that exists through the power of Neron, and people who can draw its power from the very molecules surrounding them to wield that power as a weapon, or to heal, or to create? Good golly, I can't wait to read the next episode. Actually, I can't wait to see this epic on a giant IMAX screen. Can someone make this a movie? Please? In the meantime, my imagination is doing a pretty good job of visualizing Taylor's details. I can't wait for episode four!
Claire Semonin
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The only negative thing I can say about this is.........it's just too short!! It leaves me really wanting so much more - I love the concept but I am Impatient sometimes ;D
I love the relationships that are forming, the slight edge of madness due to visions and alternate realities.
I can't wait to read the next chapter as it's getting real now and I can't wait to be on Novas journey with her.
Love love love
Alex Evans
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been a long time fan of Keary Taylor and love that she is quick to get new books out. Its so easy to pick up this book and get lost in the world that Nova is living in. Everything is explained is detail so it makes it easier to imagine it while reading. It makes the experience all the more better. I will always recommend Her books to anyone a fan of Fiction and Fantasy. Can't wait for the next episode.
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm so in love with series. In this episode Nova feels so alone and torn with all her future dreams she having. I was really heartbreaking to see her suffer like this. I was happy to learn more of Edan. He is crazy and is exactly what Nova will need soon. My only small complaint is nothing really happened besides training. I know its important and she really needs to train and need more but i just felt short. I am still way excited for episode 4!!!!

• Shifter Wars (Werewolf Dens #1)
  • Homebound
  • Fierce Heart (Elven Alliance #1)
  • Alphas, Airships, and Assassins (Mixologists and Pirates #4-6)
  • Demon Ash (Resurrection Chronicles, #3)
  • Pay Me (Hidden Legacy, #4.2)
  • War Bound (Elven Alliance #2)
  • Demon Flames (Resurrection Chronicles, #2)
  • Age of Deception (The Firebird Chronicles, #2)
  • King Of Shadows (The Masks of Under #2)
  • King of Ruin (Lords of Sidhe #1)
  • No Man Can Tame (The Dark-Elves of Nightbloom, #1)
  • Pirates, Princes, and Payback (Mixologists and Pirates #1-3)
  • Stolen (Magi Rising, #2)
  • The Exiled (Dominion of Ash, #2)
  • A Misunderstanding (Hidden Legacy #4.1)
  • Queen of Dreams (The Masks of Under #3)
  • Rules of Redemption (The Firebird Chronicles, #1)
Keary Taylor is the USA TODAY bestselling author of over twenty novels. She grew up along the foothills of the Rocky Mountains where she started creating imaginary worlds and daring characters who always fell in love. She now splits her time between a tiny island in the Pacific Northwest and Utah, with her husband and their two children. She continues to have an overactive imagination that frequen ...more

Neron Rising Saga (7 books)
  • Neron Rising (Neron Rising Saga, #1)
  • Neron Skies (Neron Rising Saga, #2)
  • Nero Blood (The Neron Rising Saga #4)
  • Nero Nights (The Neron Rising Saga Book 5)
  • Neron Wars (The Neron Rising Saga #6)
  • Nero Kingdom (The Neron Rising Saga #7)