Start by marking “Cameo Courtships: 4 Stories of Women Whose Lives Are Touched by a Legendary Gift” as Want to Read:

A Family Heirloom Inspires Romance
In 1851, a special cameo is gifted by Queen Victoria to Letitia Newton, who though considered an old maid, meets the perfect gentleman minutes after donning. Told by the Queen the cameo is to be shared, Letitia gifts the "Victoria Cameo" to a woman in her family, hoping adventure and romance will follow each of its subsequent wearers.

Published June 1st 2019 by Barbour Books

To ask other readers questions about Cameo Courtships, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cameo Courtships

Kailey
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved how unique this set of stories was! The whole idea of a family passing down this cameo from Queen Victoria and finding love and adventure was great! Each story was very original and well written. I really enjoyed following this family through their adventures. I definitely recommend this!

I was given a complimentary copy of this ebook from the author, but was not required to write a review. The thoughts and comments are my own.
Vicky Sluiter
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great collection of novellas that will be enjoyable summer reading for lovers of historical fiction. All four authors have done a thorough job of researching their time period, which spans from 1851 - 1895. (I’ve read other books by these authors and have enjoyed their writing.)

The stories center around a family heirloom, mystery, and romance. A fun set, the characters are well developed and realistic. Starting in England and finishing in Pennsylvania, it was enjoyable watching the cameo trave
Pegg
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books
This is the first Barbour historical romance collection I've read since they've changed the format to just four novellas per book. While the collections have always been written around a theme, "Cameo Courtships" takes that to a whole new level. All four stories are about a single family and a special cameo that gets handed down through the generations. The authors did a bang-up job of coordinating their stories and it reads almost like one long novel. It was hard to pick a favorite, but since I ...more
Rebecca
Jun 08, 2019 rated it liked it

"I was told that one never owns a cameo. One wears and enjoys it . . . . . .

Travel across generations, as four members of a distinctly diverse family, cautiously and sometimes reluctantly, accept guardianship of a treasured family heirloom meant to bestow love and adventure upon its wearer.

Pinned Above Her Heart - Clara Newton is reunited with a beloved childhood friend, only to be thrust into the throes of a dangerous crime investigation; one that could not only ruin her family's fut
Faye
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Leticia receives a cameo from Queen Victoria, who tells her that it is not a gift to keep but one to pass on. Shortly after pinning it on she meets the love of her life.

The cameo passes through generations, statelines, and even through the hands of thieves, as brave women follow their dreams and talents, finding love along the way. The cameo travels across the country and even to the World's Fair. Clara, Petra, Elizabeth, and Bertie are all ambitious women who think for themselves.

Petra and El
Anne
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cameo Courtships
By: Susanne Dietze, Debra E. Marvin, Jennifer Uhlarik, Kathleen Y’Barbo
“I was told by that one never owns a cameo. One wears and enjoys it, but one is its custodian, preserving and protecting it for those who come after. The woman who gave it to me insisted she knew I was the one to receive it, and she urged me to pass it along when I had a similar feeling as to who the next recipient should be. I believe it is you…”
It is a challenge to bring together multiple authors to share a
Rosie
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
These novellas start with Pinned Above Her Heart by Suzanne Dietze. Before returning from London to Pittsburg in 1851, Letitia Newton receives a cameo from Queen Victoria with the admonition that,”One never owns a cameo…One wears a cameo, enjoys it, but is merely a custodian of it preserving it and protecting it for those who come after.” These stories share four generations of woman who received the cameo between the year 1851 and 1895 then, at the proper time, passed it on to the next recipien ...more
Kimmie
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a cute set of stories!
This collection of stories about a Cameo passed down by Queen Elizabeth herself was so fun!
It was cool to imagine that actually happening, and then to see how the characters acted through their stories was remarkable. Truly a great retelling of a legend in a family tree. Two of these authors were previously unknown to me and now I can't wait to research them and see what other books they have written.
I would definitely recommend reading this book. This is not the fir
Emily Yager
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cameo Courtships is four stories written by four different authors. And it take the whole themed collection idea to another level.

All four of the stories were light, fun, and each one uniquely different from the others in the collection. Centered around an antique cameo brooch, that is passed down through the family.

This has to be one of my favorite collections written yet. Not sure I could choose a favorite of the group, as I loved all the stories.

I received an ARC copy of this book from the
Paula
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A lovely collection of stories revolving around a cameo brooch, this book was very entertaining. Each story was vastly different, and I enjoyed reading them. Very clean, and interesting. I will enjoy reading them again!
Cindy Huff
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you love historical romance and are looking for a great summer read Cameo Courtship fits the bill. Four stories connected by a family heirloom that brings true love to its wearer. The stories cover a fifty-year span starting in 1851 with settings in Pittsburg, Colorado Territory, and the New Orleans State Fair. When I was finished I wanted to learn more about the brooch as it passes on to another generation. These are well-researched, delightful reads with characters whose desires are relatab ...more
Gina
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a wonderful set of stories based on a cameo passed on through the generations to women of strength and moxie who will fight for their fates and who they want as a husband.
Ann
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love this type of book! It has 4 different stories by 4 different authors and all the stories are connected with a cameo that was handed down from generation to generation. All of the stories are very well written and hold your attention. Thank you Barbour Publishing via NetGalley for the ARC copy of this book. This is my honest opinion.
Susan Snodgrass
May 10, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a nice compilation of stories in which the first person is gifted a beautiful cameo by Queen Victoria in the 19th century. The book then follows each successive person the cameo passes to and their lives and what an impact it has made on their lives. Populated by great authors, it is a fun read to read all at once, or just read one novella at a time to savor it. Recommended.

*My thanks to Barbour Publishing for a complimentary copy of this book. My opinion is solely my own.
Ashley
Cameo Courtships was a lovely collection of four stories featuring a cameo gifted from Queen Victoria that's passed down through the generations.

I love this kind of collection where there's a common thread, an object, connecting them all. It's so much fun to see it with different characters, in different situations, and different settings. From England to Pennsylvania, Colorado to Louisiana, and back to Pennsylvania again, I enjoyed reading the journey the cameo went on and “meeting” the people
Amy
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cameo Courtships is a fun collection of four stories by four different authors. These stories include:
Pinned Above Her Heart by Susanne Dietze
Taming Petra by Jennifer Uhlarik
Meet Me at the Fair by Kathleen Y’Barbo
Lending My Heart by Debra E. Marvin
I enjoyed every one of these stories in this collection. My favorite was Kathleen Y'Barbo's Meet Me at the Fair.
Five stars.
R.j.
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was excellent. I enjoyed reading these connected stories that were all very well done. I was impressed at how close in time these stories were, while still keeping track of all the people and personalities across all the stories. I would have gladly read more of these stories, and the potential is there for a second book with new stories to tell. All of them were excellent, and I would strongly recommend this book.
I received a copy of this book in order to assist my review of the book
Adrianna A
Jun 01, 2019
Crystal Brothers
May 12, 2019
Dec 17, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Cindy Nipper
Dec 24, 2018
Joy
Dec 24, 2018
Susanne Dietze
Feb 11, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Marisa
May 18, 2019
Ang12
May 25, 2019
Goodreads Librari...: Add Book to Author Page 5 22 Jan 30, 2019 10:32AM
Susanne Dietze began writing love stories in high school, casting her friends in the starring roles. Today, she's the award-winning, RITA®-nominated author of several romances who's seen her work on the Publisher's Weekly, ECPA, and Amazon Bestseller Lists for Inspirational Fiction. Married to a pastor and the mom of two, Susanne lives in California and loves fancy-schmancy tea parties, the beach, ...more