Start by marking “Grimoires, Spas & Chocolate Straws (Spells & Caramels, #8)” as Want to Read:
Grimoires, Spas & Chocolate Straws (Spells & Caramels, #8)

Grimoires, Spas & Chocolate Straws

(Spells & Caramels #8)

Sandy slaughter. An enchanting suspect. Can a magical baker protect her friends from a dangerous paradise?

Stranded on Badlands Island, Imogen Banks is driving herself crazy looking for her brother. So when the spell-casting baker's friends suggest they escape for a luxurious dragon spa treatment, she doesn't need a second invitation. But her hopes for coastal romance with
Published December 29th 2018 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Grimoires, Spas & Chocolate Straws, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grimoires, Spas & Chocolate Straws

James
Erin Johnson is quite a prolific author. In about a year, she's launched eight books in the Spells & Caramels cozy witch series. Part paranormal adventure, part mystery, these books whisk you away to a world like no other. In the latest book, Grimoires, Spas & Chocolate Straws, baker Imogen Banks is stranded on an island after a war began in her non-Earth world. Her boyfriend, Hank's, royal family was up to no good, and several magical creatures escaped thru a mirror from the scary visit ...more
Gemma
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love this series, they never fail to keep my attention. I love the characters and the plot twists . Funny, romantic and mysterious with a bunch of magical mayhem thrown in. Looking forward to the next book.

Many thanks to Erin Johnson for an ARC. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Kristina
Grimoires, Spas and Chocolate Straws by Erin Johnson is the eighth Spells & Caramels novel. Imogen Banks and her friends are still residing in Kusuri on Badlands Island. They are living in Jiji’s guesthouse and earn their keep by helping the guards with their duties and other chores around the house. The group is getting an opportunity to go to the beach with the guards for the manta monster migration festival at Umiru. While the guards will be protecting the fisherman, the bakers will get t ...more
Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Can Imogen and her friends solve a mystery about the man in the sand?
Grimoires, Spas and Chocolate Straws by Erin Johnson is another excellent book by this fabulous author. This story left me feeling a lot of things for each of the characters. I have to say that I’m rooting for them all and their love interests. Ms. Johnson has a way of doing that to us in each of her books in the Spells and Caramels series.
What I like:

Imogen is still my favorite character, and she is the one that is tellin
Arlene Arredondo
Love this series!
The author fills every page with fun and sometimes hilarious situations, while keeping it interesting with a murder mystery to solve.

Note: I received an ARC for review purposes and an honest and unbiased opinion.
Vivian
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a solid 4.5 stars!

Full of whimsy, adventure and, above all, an extremely imaginative read! The gang’s still in the land of monsters, adjusting to their new life. Imogen is constantly on the lookout for her brother despite the fact that he seems to have abandoned them. The group gets the opportunity to take a side trip to a beautiful seaside resort but it ends up being anything but a relaxing vacation with the death of a guest (a hotel critic) and Imogen can’t help but investigate. There’s plenty
Carla Johnson-Hicks
I read so many great reviews of the Spells & Caramels series that when I saw the opportunity to read and review Book #8 for a blog tour, I thought, why not. Well, I will tell you that reading the first in this series and then the 8th was not the best decision I could have made. I will definitely need to go back and read them in order. Having said that, I did enjoy this book. First of all, this series has been characterized as a cosy mystery series, but here is a lot more to it. It is part pa ...more
Jenifer
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Grimoires, spas and chocolate straws is book number 8 in my favourite cozy witch mystery serie: Spells and caramels by Erin Johnson. As the lovely cover suggest it, we are now following Imogen and her friends on a beach adventure….But don’t let the sun on your face or the sand between your toes fool you: There is trouble in this paradise!

The story picks up almost right where we left it in Due east, Beasts and Campfire Feasts. After traveling trough one of Horace’s portal, Imogen and her friends
Charles Ray
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After exposing the perfidy to the king, Imogen Banks, her boyfriend, the former Prince Hank, and their friends have been banished to Badlands Island, a place that is infected with monsters that the king also banished there. Out on a monster patrol with the local defenders, Imogen falls in a raging river and is swept downstream, where she’s saved by a member of her brother Horace’s Badlands Army. She implores her savior to take her to her brother, who, despite his enigmatic and sometimes violent ...more
Nina Silva
Shelves: cozy-mystery
4.5/5 stars!!

Erin does it yet again! She delivers a fantastical, intriguing and delicious paranormal cozy mystery story designed to enchant each of your senses. Seriously… from bubble therapy for touch, pancake noodle bowls for taste, a magical nautical phenomena for sight and a siren’s song for hearing… this story is delectable.

Book 8 in the Spells and Caramels series opens with our beloved heroes still adrift in the Badlands, as they haven’t yet figured out a way to get back home. Resourceful
Kathleen
Grimoires, Spas and Chocolate Straws is the eighth book in the Spells and Caramels paranormal cozy mystery series. Imogen & Company have not left the land of monsters, yet. They do get a vacation trip to a seaside resort.

I am happy that I found this author in a cozy mystery group on Facebook.
I enjoyed that it was a clean cozy- no really violent scenes; there is a lot of imagination written into the story, the characters and background. This is a well-written paranormal cozy with a good dose
Melissa J
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ugh... I love these books

This series is amazing. The character development is awesome. I mean I can't say who is my favorite because it changes with each different book. I will say Iggy is a great use of humor and Sam's navigation is interesting. The only down side is, that I love them so much I blow through it so fast and have to wait for the next. Thank you for writing.
Catherine Stratman
Gosh I love this series!

Another great addition to the series. We find out more about Horace, visit a new town and have another murder! I love the town of Umiru, the description just makes me want to visit this magical place. The writing style in this series is comfortable and so easy to read. And what an ending!! No spoilers, you'll just have to read it! Can't wait for the next book, better get writing Ms. Johnson!

I received an ARC. This is my honest review.
Hannah
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
THIS SERIES.

Okay if you like murder romance funny/witty humor baking fantasy and great plot then you're in the right place!

Honestly I'm going to be so sad when this series ends but also pumped to see what else she comes out with.

The murders are always fun to try and figure out, the romance and sexual tension is on point, and the adventure feels so fun it's honestly hard to put down. TBH though, I did cry at the end of this one- she really sucker punches you in the last couple chapters.
Heather
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite fun series to read. Lots of humor, a little romance and throw in a murder. I really look forward to each of these to be released so I can read them. The characters are engaging and I can't wait to see what happens next!
Gina
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another amazing read by Erin!! Entertaining. easy to follow the story line. I couldn't put it down.
Sapphyria
Imogen and her friends are going to be on Badlands Island for the foreseeable future. To keep from going crazy, Imogen friends agree to go with the guards to a resort town to help distribute tea to the locals while the guards protect the fishermen. When a man indulging in a signature spa treatment is found dead and the owner of the spa is Sara, the infamous black widow, Imogen can’t help but get involved, especially since her friend Yann shows an interest in Sara.

Grimoires, Spas, and Chocolate
Laura Reading
While I do have to strongly suggest you read this series in order, once you have been introduced to the characters you will be hooked.
Imogen Banks began life in a human world and has only recently been introduced to her magical side and her best friend (and flame) Iggy. She has a wonderful group of friends, with whom she has been banished to a place thought uninhabited except by monsters.
The world building in this series is fantastic. There is no limit to Erin Johnson`s imagination and writing
LauRen Jimenez
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh the feels

What’s not to love about this series. The characters are wonderfully funny and the story always keeps you on your toes. The last few chapters will definitely make you happy cry so be prepared with tissues. I can’t wait to see what’s next!!!
Alex
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given an advance reader's copy in exchange for an honest review. This installment was a fun escape, adorable as always. I wish the plot would further along in the next one, but as always, a fun cozy book.
Lora Edwards
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love series and the newest book does not disappoint. Imogen, Iggy and the gang are off on a whole new adventure. I liked how Horace was a bigger part in this book and as always a little more of Imogen's past is revealed. Great book great series from one of my one click authors.
BarbaraH
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful tale of a group stuck in the Garlands and are trying to make the best of it. To help their benefactors they travel to a bizarre on the shore to sell tea and hope for some fun too. They find themselves mixed into a mystery that just be solved.
Stephanie
Cute!!

Romance and murder in the air! A continuation of the adventures Imogen and her friends. I hope there’s another book or two of what has been happening ‘back home’. I need to known the aftermath of Horace’s accusations.
Sherry Priddy
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!! Love this series!!
Rhyanna Detuathana
Jan 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I couldn't get into the book and I tried several times. Maybe someone else will enjoy the book more than I did.
Susan
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More of Imogene’s enchanted adventures with her quirky friends, and a mystery to solve too.
Take a trip to the seaside and visit the magical spas. Let your imagination run wild.
Rie
Jan 04, 2019
Matthew Murray
Jan 12, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
A native of Tempe, Arizona, Erin spends her time crafting mysterious, magical, romance-filled stories that’ll hopefully make you laugh.

In between, she’s traveling, napping with her dogs, eating with her friends and family, and teaching Pilates (to allow her to eat more).

Spells & Caramels (8 books)
  • Seashells, Spells & Caramels (Spells & Caramels, #1)
  • Black Arts, Tarts & Gypsy Carts (Spells & Caramels, #2)
  • Mermaid Fins, Winds & Rolling Pins (Spells & Caramels, #3)
  • Cookie Dough, Snow & Wands Aglow (Spells & Caramels, #4)
  • Full Moons, Dunes & Macaroons: A Cozy Witch Mystery (Spells & Caramels Book 5)
  • Airships, Crypts & Chocolate Chips (Spells & Caramels #6)
  • Due East, Beasts & Campfire Feasts (Spells & Caramels, #7)