Start by marking “The Rocking Book of Rocks: An Illustrated Guide to Everything Rocks, Gems, and Minerals” as Want to Read:

Learn everything you ever wanted to know about rocks and minerals in this stunning book. Discover space rocks, gemstones, metals, volcanoes, world wonders and more. With out-of-this-world artwork from Anna Alanko and expert content written by two geologists, this is the book all rock-crazy kids need.
Published August 6th 2019 by Wide Eyed Editions

To ask other readers questions about The Rocking Book of Rocks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rocking Book of Rocks

Toni
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ever since I grew my first sugar crystal (with my father's help), I have been fascinated by the world of rocks! This book is a fantastic introduction into the world of geology and gemmology. Comprehensive, clear, beautifully-illustrated, well-organised- everything I could have ever asked from from a non-fiction book.
Thank you to NetGalley and Wide Eyed Edition for the ARC provided in exchange for an honest opinion.

My reviews can also be found on:
Clare O'Beara
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anyone could learn from and enjoy this intro to geology. Kids will love it for the brightly coloured pages and fascinating facts. From asteroids to volcanoes, sediments to dinosaurs, everyone can follow the tale of rocks. We see which types are formed by pressure and which by sedimentation, which gemstones are rock in nature and which are biological.

The illustrations make spotting and identifying rocks easy - correct terms are used, like conglomerate instead of pudding stone; but I spotted 'al
Denise
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thanks to NetGalley and Quarto Publishing for allowing this ARC in exchange for a honest review.

Kids love rocks. Having this book on my shelf will allow me to give quick answers to their questions about the rocks they find everywhere!

The illustrations/graphic designs in this book are colorful and creative! I am drawn to something on each page.

The capitalization of the words in the text of the words in the index...brilliant!

I can just hear the kids who love to tell you what they have learned quot
Jo
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Title: The Rocking Books of Rocks
Author: Florence Bullough, Amy Ball
Publisher: Quarto Publishing Group / Wide Eyed Editions
Publish day: August 6, 2019

It's a book about rocks. From moon rocks to creation of rocks/fossils. Colorful engaging imagery with easy to read text throughout the book. Great for classroom library / or just something to get the kid in your life who loves rocks.

Thanks to Negalley / Quarto Publishing for free download in exchange for an honest review.
Leyla Johnson
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A really interesting book for all ages, well written, easy to read and understand with great examples and explanations.
Not being familiar with formation of the different stones, except precious stones, this book was excellent and I will be more on the look out on my rambles.
Great book for kids and young adults, well illustrated.
Kristen
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book would make a great addition to any homeschooling library, teacher's classroom, and parent who knows a little budding geologist - lots of pictures and information on all different types of rocks, gemstones, and fossils!
Suzanne