Start by marking “Archer (Leaves of a Maple, #1)” as Want to Read:
Archer (Leaves of a Maple, #1)

Archer

(Leaves of a Maple #1)

Archer Dean taught me how it feels to be loved. Really loved. The happily ever after, fairy tale type love. But he also taught me what real heartbreak was. He ripped away my happiness, took it from me without a backward glance. He left me alone and broken with no idea how to rebuild. No fight left in me to want to.

Annabelle Edwards was a light in my world of darkness. She
Paperback, Re-release. Edited. Updated Cover.

To ask other readers questions about Archer, please sign up.
Haley Jenner Yes! We promise we're working on this and we're hoping it won't be too much longer. As soon as it is live on Amazon we'll let everyone know :)
Haley Jenner We're planning on 4 books for this series, with book 2 looking at a release date in early Feb (2017), with the next two to follow shortly after :)…moreWe're planning on 4 books for this series, with book 2 looking at a release date in early Feb (2017), with the next two to follow shortly after :) They're stand-alone novels, but the characters do overlap. xx(less)

♛ Mademoiselle Smut ♛
💔 4 BROKEN STARS 💔

I'm torn. Broken. Ripped raw open.
I don't know why I do this to myself. I always know stories like these will destroy me, still I jump in and later I scold myself for it.

I resent her. I despise her. I need her. I hate her. But fuck me, I love her.

Cold, ruthless heroes has always kind of done it for me. Archer was a whole new level of asshole tough. I mean, at one point I wished I could just reach in and give his brain a little shake to put some fucking sense into him.

Anna
Rose
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I am so conflicted :( I genuinely want the authors to answer some questions for me cause this is / was a PHENOMENAL 5 star read for me.

I couldn't put it down.... but one thing ONE PROMINENT THING that you hate happens and I just can't love it anymore.

So Archer and Belle's relationship is beautiful and I loved watching it blossom. Archer goes to the army and comes back broken and takes it out on everyone.

That's not my problem ... this is a spoiler so pls don't read if u wanna read the story. B
Lucia Franco
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those books where I repeatedly asking myself, how come people aren't reading this book? READ THIS BOOK, PEOPLE!!!!!

I was blown away by Archer. Completely blown away. I've read a handful of books since this one, and none have compared to this story. It's heart wrenching and beautiful and will stay with me forever. I was so in love with it, I had to get a signed copy sent to me all the way from Australia to the States. I rarely buy paperbacks.

These two authors know how to bring the
Ana Oh
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

The book I read just before this dealt with similar subject matter - loving a man with PTSD. The authors depict a much more realistic situation here (speaking as a military wife). The proper amount of weight is given to the disease's impact on the individual and his or her relationships. Parts of this story completely shattered me. This book will hang in my heart for a very long time. Definitely worth reading.
Jill
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I still can't quite grasp my feelings about this book. For starters, I want to kick myself in the a** for taking this long to read it. No joke. I can't imagine a time where I will not remember this book. If I try to think of one word to sum it up, the best that I can come up with is...wow. Just wow. One word that can sort of semi-adequately convey my feelings. Archer Dean and Annabelle Edwards are two of the most deep, personal, heart-grabbing characters I have ever read. Again, no joke. I have ...more
Laurie Beemer
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am absolutely rung out. This book was about the best of relationships and the worst. It is also about the times in our lives when we must realize that fighting might not be as easier as once thought. This is a story about two people that have known each other since their youth and grew to love and possible hate each other. This is the story of Archer and Annabelle, and the path they took to get where they are now. This is such a beautiful, heart wrenching, amazing and emotional story that was ...more
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
Well...I tried to read this but I thought it was boring as hell.
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Review to followwwwwwwwwwww!
Gabriella
Angst overload!

This is a hard book to rate. It's not a light and easy read, it's an angst loaded rollercoaster. It's not sweet and cute but it's a love story nonetheless.
I liked the first two parts of the book. I was actually enjoying the story even though it's a little more drama than I usually like. The authors really made a point in conveying Annabelle and Archer's love. I bought it. I felt it. I liked both characters. I loved Annabelle. Her strength, her centeredness and assertiveness. So su
Karen Sedgman
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved this sooooo much!! This story took you on a journey over many years, through Annabelle and Archer's lives, through pain, fear, anger, hurt and sadness!! At one stage my heart was broken in two, l felt for both Annabelle and Archer!! A love story like no other!! This is a must and a novel you won't want to put down!!
Amazing debut novel Haley & Jenner!! Bring on Jake's story!! Can't wait!!
Tammy
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my angst. Great read. Can't wait for the next one!
Coco.V
💝 FREE on Amazon today (12/09/2017)! 💝
Cinthia
As their debut novel, the writing duo of Haley Jenner have completely blown me away with this heartbreaking love story. These ladies are such amazing storytellers that I'm looking forward in reading more of their work. Archer was such a addictive love story that had me hooked from beginning to end. This story was such an emotional roller coaster that was filled with so many twists and turns that I didn't expect. I can honestly say that this romance will definitely give you all the feels! I could ...more
Stacey
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing from the start. I was drawn in immediately. That is what I crave in a book and don't always get. Haley and Jenna made me feel like I knew Archer and Belle. I always know I'm reading a good book when I feel what the characters are feeling. When I'm shedding tears of happiness or sadness. When my stomach hurts with nervousness. I had all of this going on when I read this book. For first time Authors, you did a phenomenal job. You brought out so many emotions in me as I was re ...more
Sarah/DragonflyReads
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review
Archer is a story for the ages! A truly timeless and heart wrenching story of true love, loss and hope. Haley Jenner are new to me authors and I will absolutely read whatever they release. I'm hooked to their beautiful words.

I guess this can be considered enemies-to-lovers, as Annabelle and Archer meet as kids, but it's much more of a second-chance romance as Annabelle and Archer's love is fast and hard and burns just the same.

Written in three parts, I found myself laughing, sobbing and swooni
Jessica Martin
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book!! The authors did such an amazing job with the characters ! Completely fell in love with archer ! Loved the push and the pull of this story!! Can't wait to read the rest of the books !! :))
Erin
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy hot-damn!!!

It has been a looooong time since I've felt the pull of a story like this one. So heart breaking, so much love... beautiful.
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"I love you more than life, so I know, no matter what, our love is strong enough to beat fucking anything, beautiful girl."

Be still my heart. This first taste of a new-to-me author wrecked me in the best of ways. It is just...everything.

I must admit that I didn't like Archer very much at first, and I wasn't alone. He didn't like himself much either. He was an asshole, fighting his demons outwardly by being cold and careless toward those that loved him. Something that he would eventually regret
Adranca
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I had really good feedbacks on this book so I decided to jump in, but was left really disappointed.

The major problem being that the author NEVER explained what Archer went through during his contracts. As a reader we are just expected to imagine what happened when he got deployed and accept his PTSD without any background story or details/flashback whatsoever.

The drama aspect of the story is only based on the idea that soldiers at war automatically equals PTSD.

This is like the magic recipe whe
Phyl
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I stumbled on this story by happy accident, I saw the cover and loved it. I read the blurb and was intrigued. I knew going in this would be a hard read.
Archer and his Belle
They have known each other since they were children. Archer is angry at the world, mother, father. He falls for Belle and has a great life.
He enlists and things do not go well. He comes back but he's not himself.
He becomes a complete a hole, hateful spiteful. He wants to ruin the one thing he loves. He can’t handle her, makes
Marley Valentine
It's been a week since I devoured Archer in one sitting, and I can wholeheartedly say I have lived, breathed and thought about this book, every day since. Written with a beautiful amount of depth and detail, Archer is a perfectly imperfect love story.

Archer and Annabelle's story is real and heartbreakingly raw. For every tear, theres a smile and for every loss, their is hope. With a push and pull on every page, Haley Jenner fill the heart of an angst junkie like no other. Told in dual POV's, I
Excessive~Reader
Archer is the first published book authors Hailey Bond and Jenna Mclntyre collaborated on. I had no idea how amazing this book was going to be, but I quickly realized this team is going for the gold.
The opening chapter is a heavy scene in Archer and Belle's story. Their love shows so strong I loved them right away. That also means their heartbreak also hit me hard. Before chapter 2 I already felt invested in this story, and that's where it really begins.

Every character is well developed and th
Denise Van plew
This is the first time in coming across this author. What drew me was the mention of military in here but this turned out to be so much more. Ground work is layed with Archer and Annabelle who goes by Belle for the most part. You will then be given them how they come together with the emotions that glue it. You also are given the dark parts that will tear apart in places with emotions leaking out all over the place. The characters also that are with them are the glue that make this a whole. Then ...more
Lorena
💜 5 AMAZING STARS 💜
Oh WOW, soooo good!
I would give it 10 stars if the option was there!
So heart breaking, so much love... it's a beautiful story and so well written.
I've felt so many emotions while reading the book: fear, sadness, anger, regret, hope, desperation, anticipation, love...so much love...
Totally and absolutely recommended read!!
I can't wait to read the other books in the series... :)

QUICK REVIEW:

Heroine: 5/5
Secondary characters
Dyllan Erikson
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When Ellie McLove -LoveNBooks- tells you to read something....you read it. Did I have a rough idea of what it was about? Sure! Was I even remotely prepared for Haley Jenner's words? Absolutely not. This book, this damn book ripped through me and made me feel every single thing. Every page either made me swoon, hot and bothered, or just plain angry and filled with anguish. I wanted to cry and scream and then curl up into a little ball but just when I thought I couldn't take anymore I felt hopeful ...more
Vickie
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really good romance that follows Belle and Archer through the years and their many ups and downs. This is a really enjoyable romance with characters that you’ll fall in love with, probably will hate certain ones at times but they’ll win you back over. The chemistry between these two is perfect but their story is so much more than just that. This is my first book by Haley Jenner and definitely won’t be my last
Blue
Mar 29, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 stars. Being as this is a debut, I tend to be lenient. Overall I liked the story and the author's writing style. The characters were engaging, a bit OTT for me, but strong. However, this suffered by being repetitive and very drawn out. IMO, could have had at least 100 pages edited and the flow/pacing would have been significantly better.
I'll read the next in the series, a/o a future endeavor to see where the author's progression has taken her books.
Book Addicted Shanna
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A MUST READ BOOK PEOPLE!

Here are the reasons why I loved Archer by Haley Jenner:

1- These main characters, Archer Dean and Annabelle Edwards, are so amazing. They are interesting, feisty as hell, and I was able connect with each of them in some small way. They each undergo struggles and push through as best they can, because they are fighters and I love that. Also, let me mention that the “supporting characters” are all so wonderful and add an extra layer of greatness to this book.

2- This whole b
Susie Steinle
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Without a doubt one of the best books I have read this year! An angsty, heartbreakingly beautiful love story!!
Sasha Carolan
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book, I didn't put it down! Add this to your list. Cannot wait for the next book
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Irreparable Damage (Irreparable, #1)
  • Distraction (The Distraction Trilogy, #1)
  • Deciding Love (Bloomfield, #3)
  • A Shot in The Dark
  • Lane (Made From Stone #1)
  • Perfect Vision
  • If I'd Known
  • Madman (Love & Chaos #1)
  • Table (Dragon Runners, #4)
  • Daring the Wild Sparks (Wild Sparks, #2)
  • Neverland
  • Unorthodox Therapy (The Unorthodox Trilogy, #1)
  • Finding Rhiannon (Lilith's Army MC, #2)
  • Destroy Me (Crystal Gulf, #1)
  • Set Me Free (Bound Forever, #1)
  • Until We Are Gone
  • Armed and Dangerous (The IMA, #2)
  • Her Master's Redemption (Masters, #3)
A blonde. A brunette. A tea lover. A coffee addict. Two people. One pen name. They're pals, besties if you will, maybe even soulmates. Consider them the ultimate in split personality, exactly the same, but completely different.

They love a good laugh, a strong, dominating alpha, but most importantly, know that friendships, the fierce ones, are the key to lifelong sanity and fulfillment.

Connect wi

Leaves of a Maple (4 books)
  • Jake (Leaves of a Maple, #2)
  • Bennett (Leaves of a Maple, #3)
  • Luca (Leaves of a Maple, #4)
“Dark brown hair decorates his head and always looks tousled, as though his hands are constantly moving through it” 2 likes
“Glancing over my shoulder as I reach my door, Archers ever-present scowl has me pinning him with my own icy stares.” 0 likes