Start by marking “Kingdom of Salt and Sirens (Little Mermaid retellings)” as Want to Read:
Kingdom of Salt and Sirens (Little Mermaid retellings)

Kingdom of Salt and Sirens

(Kingdom of)

A Limited Edition of Little Mermaid Retellings

The Little Mermaid but not as you remember it...

Beneath the turbulent seas, beyond the smoky depths, lies a Kingdom that exists in your wildest imagination. A world where mermaids swim, sirens sing and shipwrecks hide mysterious creatures.

Make waves with our 11 magical retellings of the timeless classic, The Little Mermai/>The
Published March 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Kingdom of Salt and Sirens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kingdom of Salt and Sirens

Tre Talbot
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My current review is for Kosas by Nikki Landis. This story is filled with adventure and a forbidden romance, Ari has gone to Hell and back following her true desires and I give this woman a lot of credit for standing up for herself and never giving in. Evan was always missing something in his life and it takes an unforeseen event to have him open his eyes to a new beginning. A wonderful paranormal romance that will have you turning the page non stop and holding your breath waiting to see what wi ...more
Claire
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
My review is for Dark Reign by Nikki Landis

Ari is a Daemon fascinated with the human world a place she gets herself in a lot of trouble for traveling to. When she meets Evan it's game over.

These are such likeable characters as they navigate their way through some very difficult situations. It very much looks like they won't make things work at several points in the story which is heartbreaking.

This is another winning story from Nikki Landis. Fantastically like
Shannon
Dark Reign by Nikki Landis:

I really love these characters and the storyline. It’s a fun concept. I hope this will be turned into a series because I felt the end was a little rushed and the death of a character I really liked should have been more upsetting to the mc than it was. I’d like to see more and how this could all turn out. We just had light touches of some characters and I’d love to have something more in depth. I liked this and think it has potential for so much more.
Renée
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Balanced Scales by Laura Greenwood
This is a fascinating twist on both classic and Disney tales of the Little Mermaid, which I was so drawn into just from the first chapter.
Laura’s retelling sees Mari and her seal companion Shelbie, set out on an adventure to get back Mari’s soul, and hopefully the souls back for the other soulless mer.
I highly recommend Balanced Scales.
Madeleine East
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My review is for Kosas by Nikki Landis:

I have & always will love PNR first and foremost. The more book pnr books I read by Nikki, the more I crave her books. The books open you up to an imaginary world where you feel like you are there. This was an amazing read.
Debbie Eyre
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a fab collection of retellings of the little mermaid one of which is a Dark Reign by Nikki Landis! Full of adventure and forbidden romance this dark and twisted tale is just superb!
Billie
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Little Mermaid but not as you remember it...

Make waves with our 11 magical retelling of the timeless classic, The Little Mermaid.
Dive into a world filled with adventure, love and magic!

My review is for Dark Reign Kosas by Nikki Landis.
Dark Reign is a darker and twiste
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
www.instagram.com/twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv
Dark Reign by Nikki Landis

I received this book from the author for an honest review.

I loved reading this short
Kelly Hawkins Solomon
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dark Reign by Nikki Landis
I love dark fairy tales!!! “If the light and the surface world were my joy, then darkness and home were my curse.” Ari is a daemon and her father is one who rules with an iron fist. Ari is drawn to the surface world and happens upon Evan after he is robbed and badly hurt. She decides that she is going to take care of him and not take him to the hospital. Evan comes to enough to ask her name and he feels empty when she has to leave. Now Evan is confused. Was she a
Jennine McWilliams
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ORIGINAL MERMAID SHIPWRECK SOUL STORYS. One particular story l really enjoyed was by Laura Greenwood about
Aaron the ghost, Mari  a newly turn18yr old mermaid and her faithful companion  seal shelbie end up in some very dicey and action packed situations.
Entertaining and interesting tale about the harnessing of souls and the fight and perils to find and get them back. I am finding this a very entertaining box set with a couple of Authors l hadnt read yet so thats great. Recommended re
Maura Pritchard
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
Not the Little Mermaid you are used to
Love this storyline by Nikki Landis. It was unexpected twist with Ariel or Ari as she is called in this story being a daemon. She still wants to experience things that humans do and can’t abide by the rules of the underworld. She does the unthinkable and loves a human, Evan. Evan, the hero, has a lot on his plate but he is a fighter. Eventually he comes to realize that Ari is what he wants to fight for. Love
Lynn Stifle
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
My review is for Dark Reign Kosas by Nikki Landis.
This is a remarkably entertaining paranormal romance and I truly could not put this book down. This story is filled with action, adventure, and forbidden romance that kept me fascinated and turning the pages. Ari has been raised that humans are the enemy, but then she saves Evan and they fall in love. Will they get their happily ever after? Spectacular read and I recommend it.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout a
Nan
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is for Dark Reign by Nikki Landis

Ari is a daemon confined to living underground but she craves the suface world and the company of humans. When she sees Evan being attacked and stabbed she reveals herself to save him. That’s the start to a wonderfully twisted retelling of The Little Mermaid. I really enjoyed the characters and I would definitely take Vraul over Sebastian any day. I voluntarily reviewed this book.
Rhonda Hicks
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There are so many great versions in this box set but I chose to give my review on "Dark Reign" by Nikki Landis.
I'll admit it, I love dark, twisted, sexy fairy tales and this one is no exception. It's been a number of years since I read "The Little Mermaid" and then to have this twist. Just wonderful! As I've said many times, Nikki Landis is one of my go to authors so anytime she puts her twist to things, I know I'm going to go along for the ride. This was great.
Courtney  (Book Crazy Lady)
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
***I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.***
This was a very quick and easy read from Nikki Landis. Dark Reign is a story about Ari, the Daemon princess who loves to travel to the human world. Through her travels, she falls in love with a human which is forbidden. Ari breaks so many Daemon laws just to see and spend time with this human she fell in love with. This was a wonderful read and I highly recommend this book!
Anne Dwyer
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ari has been raised to believe that humans are the enemy - but then she saves Evan when he is attacked, and falls in love. Evan loves her too, and when his mother dies, and he needs her, Ari makes a deal to become human. But she is deceived - how will it all work out? Will they be able to be together? Or will the witch win? Loved it! :-)

Marie Fraser
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
DARK REIGN BY NIKKI LANDIS REVIEW:

I really enjoyed this book. It was well written and the story and characters are well developed. I loved the character dynamics and their individual personalities. I really liked the story. It was individual and had plenty of suspense, emotion, hot chemistry and romance. I’d highly recommend this book!!

Jennifer Ehninger
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful collection of short stories. I am reviewing Nikki Landis' contribution to this collection. A short and sweet romance. Ari, a daemon, saves Evan's life. As a human he doesn't believe in the supernatural. Can their love survive the dark forced of Hell. A wonderful story!

Kristi
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dark Reign by Nikki Landis

Ari has lived her life under the thumb of her father and brothers. She has been raised to believe that humans are the enemy, but she can't resist the pull to their world. A chance meeting with Evan changes both of their lives forever. This tale of forbidden love proves that father does not always know what is best.
Kimberly
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Dark Reign book by Nikki Landis is a good paranormal romance read. The story is a dark, and twisted retelling of The Little Mermaid story. The story has a good story line. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry. The story is an enjoyable, engaging, and entertaining read.

Kathryn
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dark Reign by Nikki Landis
Dark Reign is a darker and twisted version of the little mermaid. While this is not a light read, the way the story is written the pain and angst is beautiful and heart wrenching at times.

Balanced Scales by Laura Greenwood
How important and/or valuable is a mermaid's soul? This is unique twist on the little mermaid where not all is as it seems. This story incorporates old folks tales into this modern mermaid romance.
Elizabeth Presley
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Everyone needs a good sexy book in there life and this one is it was as well vary written and also were the characters i will be telling other about this book Thank you for the opportunity to read this book and to review this book with my voluntarily honest opinion

Lucinda
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this retelling of Little Mermaid with a dark twist. It was well written and the characters well developed. The world building was done really well and I loved the book!

Cailin
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review for Balanced Scales by Laura Greenwood

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review, and I loved this story!! I loved the little details and bits of humour; they really made the story extra fun for me. The tale was interesting from the start and kept me engaged. I recommend it!
Scarolet Ellis
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
DARK REIGN Kingdom of Salt & Sirens ARC Paranormal Romance Novella by Nikki Landis is a wonderful story to read. I loved reading this story very much cause I loved reading about mermaids. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about mermaids.

April Beck
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dark Reign Kingdom is a great story with great characters you will love. I loved reading this book. It is a must read!

I received a ARC copy of dark Reign Kingdom via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Michelle
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dark Reign: Kingdom of Salts & Sirens: By Nikki Landis
Ari is the Daemon princess but wants to experience all things human and loves going on adventures. During one of her travels she falls for Evan a human and firefighter. This is an entertaining, quick read filled with adventure, a forbidden romance and unexpected twists. Great writing, beautiful love story and amazing world building leaves me wanting to find out more about the world Ari comes from. I'm hoping this author writes a ser
Teri Ruscak
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kingdom of Salt & Sirens Paranormal Romance by Nikki Landis and others is an awesome anthology filled with MER!! Highly recommended! I was asked to review DARK REIGN a novella from the Anthology and I really enjoyed it!

Lisa Lyle
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My review is for nikki landis kosas dark Reign this story is full of forbidden love a little romance and some action this take of the little mermaid was rather intriguing I really enjoyed it and I'm so glad ari and evan finally had there happy ever after I just love a happy ending great read
Miss Piggy
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book however all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
I loved this! It grabbed me from the first page, kept me til the last and enthralled me in between. Well worth your time to read it.

For Nikki Landis - Dark Reign
Born in Leeds, I lived a very normal life until I got bored one day and decided to travel the world. Since then I've worked on a Banana Plantation, cleaned ACDC's dressing room and been a professional clown.
I climbed to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and the top of Kilimanjaro. Nowadays you'll find me being a climbing frame for my two young children, working in a school, and renovating my ho

Kingdom of (4 books)
  • Kingdom of Glass and Ashes  (Cinderella retellings)
  • Kingdom of Sand and Wishes (Aladdin retellings)
  • Kingdom of Mirrors and Roses (Beauty and the Beast retellings)