Start by marking “Renegade Heart” as Want to Read:

Renegade Heart

Raif Montgomery, lead singer of Renegades, the area’s most popular band, isn’t like other guys. When he gets left at the altar by a woman most men would kill to have, he finds himself more relieved than heartbroken. Things take another twisted little turn when he gets drunk the night of his non-wedding and makes a pass at his best friend, Chloe. She doesn’t shut him down. ...more
196 pages
Published February 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Renegade Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Renegade Heart

Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Raif Montgomery is standing at the altar watching his bride to be walk down the aisle towards him so they can say their I dos but when she gets there she says I can’t do this instead of I do and walks away leaving poor Raif standing there all alone but not to worry his best friend Chole Jane Morris is standing on that altar with him and she will certainly pick up the pieces.

The wedding party leaves the church and head out to the Saloon, Chole’s bar that her granddaddy left her when he pas
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, romance
This is a terrific book that I could not put down. I stayed up til the wee hours of morning to finish, I don’t regret it for a minute. The author quickly drew me in to this story from the first page and had me wanting to know what was going to happen next. The characters are complex, interesting and people I wouldn’t mind having as friends - well, except one person. My heartstrings were tugged on, I held my breath in anticipation and suspense,. This is the first book by this author I have read a ...more
Books Laid Bare
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5Stars
I love when I find a new author to read, it is so exciting to see what they have in store and with this author I have to say that I am already looking forward to reading what she has next because this was a super read.
Raif Montgomery is the lead singer of the band Renegade Hearts but fame means nothing when he is left standing at the altar, dumped in spectacular fashion by Pippa…ouch! I wasn’t sure how he was going to get over that little episode and the author didn’t make it
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Cranky Stars

My heart is a doing a little swooning right now! Raif you made this rock chick fall in love with a country music hottie. That hasn’t happened since I laid eyes on Sam Hunt. It’s not so much about his music it’s about the fact that he is easy on the eyes. But this isn’t a love letter to Sam Hunt it’s about Chloe and Raif and how they are meant to be.
4 Cranky Stars

Chloe Jane has always loved Raif. They have always been best friends and part of every aspect of each other’s lives. When he is set to marry her “friend” and I use that term loosely she stands by while holding the bride’s flowers. When Pippa cuts and runs like Julia Roberts in Runaway Bride, she steps up to be a shoulder to lean on. They start to really take notice of each other and decide to take a chance on their feelings. Sadly, Raif is a rising country star and Chloe has abandonment issues. She isn’t sure this will ever work out. While his star is rising, she back home running her family bar and trying to dodge her shady drug addicted mother.

Raif dodged a bullet when Pippa ran away at the altar. He loves Chloe Jane and isn’t sure how to tell her. You would think he would be able to tell her in a song. He follows his heart and lands the girl of his dreams. Sadly, at the same time his dreams of country music stardom are on the rise and he doesn’t want to make her choose. He tries to juggle fame and love and sadly one of them gets dropped. When a tragedy strikes, he knows he must head home to the girl who has his heart.

I haven’t read many country music star books. I’m a sucker for a dirty foul mouth rock star but I don’t know Raif might have changed my mind. He is good in every sense of the word minus those few weeks he went off the rails. He just sucked at communication. I liked Chloe, but I think she lived too much of her life for others and never herself. She was good at hiding and pretending things were ok when it wasn’t. I hate Pippa. She’s a witch with a capital B. My heart broke for Luke. I want to hug him, and I can’t wait for his story. This is one series I will certainly be continuing.

Bubbles The Book Pimp

After he is jilted at the alter by his 'on again - off again' girlfriend, Raif takes comfort in boozes, women and his best friend Chloe.
He knew his ex wasn't the one for him, but faced with the possibility of risking his heart and telling Chloe how he feels about her, Raif believes that he is just not good enough for her...
equally Chloe Jane feels unworthy, Raif has been her friend and saviour since they were children, he has always looked out for her...the daughter of the town junkie... Chloe
Anne Gotham
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I set out to tell you the things the other reviews seem to have fallen short on. I'm not a reader by any means but before I could turn the page I was fully hooked. I mean it when I say you do not need to be a full on bookworm to love this book- that sentiment is pulling me into more of the series as it is released!

Renegade Heart literally made me feel a vast array of emotions, from falling in love with the love birds (Chole and Raif) -to wanting to punch Raif for typical man behavior
Rock Hard Romance
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, favorites
The book blurb gives enough away as to the concept,set in a small town,with the leads being best friend's forever-Chloe having been in love with Raif-yet never crossing the line of friendship,and is all set to see him marry someone else (Pippa) so long as he's happy. The wedding doesn't happen,they share a moment but nothing more comes from it.
As the story moves on, eventually the lines do get blurred,and both admit to the feelings for each other.
Raif's band also get's some attention
Book Break  With Lisa
I am always looking to discover new authors that will spark my interest. Lisa Lynn Thomas is a new author to me, I picked up the book and finished it with in a couple of days. The writing flows nicely along. You are introduced to these amazing characters that will hold a place in your heart long after you finish the last page. Raif may just earn a spot on your favorite book boyfriend list.

Chloe was a strong female character, she never wanted anyone to pity or help her. She had a toug
Becca
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a great debut from Lissa Lynn Thomas! I really loved Raif and Chloe. It's the perfect friends to lovers story that will grab you from page one!

We are introduced to the Renegades - which I'm assuming each of the guys in the band will get their own stories. Raif is the lead singer and best friend to Chloe, their unofficial manager and girl next door.

The book flowed seamlessly and you really feel a part of the characters. The only thing that threw me off was the locatio
Anita
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read

Raif and Cloe Jane have been best friends since they were kids. Pippa has been his off and on girl for years. When Pippa leaves him at the altar all kinds of hell breaks loose.
This friends to lovers story had me from page one. Raif never thinking he deserved Cloe, and Cloe thinking she would always be left behind. These two had a lot to overcome but in the end all is right. Some tragedy strikes and Raif finally gets his girl. Luke though..... ugh he stole my heart. He needs
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Renegade Heart is a good read. Raif is a lead singer of Renegades. He is best friends with Chloe. On his weeding day he get left at the alter. Chloe has always has a crush of Raif. I kind of felt bad for these two for a while. They are both great characters but at times they just seem lost. Raif is spirally out of control with drinking and women. They both have a lot to deal with. I was rooting for them to get a happy ever after. This one was a quick read that had me hooked.
Amanda
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun, sweet romance with some steam ;) Once I got the chance to sit down and read it (I have a 6 month old), I couldn’t put it down! The main characters are nuanced (and sexy!) and the supporting cast is full of interesting people! I can’t wait to read more in the series!
Mona williams
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this was a touching story of friendship and love. he was about to get married only to have his soon to be wife walk away. now hes drowning his sorrows. only he makes a pass at his best friend. she has always wanted something she could never have or could she? read to find out.
Bawaka's  Book Fair
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed Renegade Heart. It has all the elements of a great read and a hook to keep you wanting the next in the series.

I couldn't put this book down at all. I can't wait for more books from this author.
Sharon
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Renegade Heart

Great characters and a story that is easy to imagine that could be happening in any small town anywhere in the world
JoAnne Rootes
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

What a great story about love and all the hardships we endure to make it work. Can’t wait for book 2 to come out
Renay
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a great read. It's funny, with many emotions going through this reader. Yes, happy tears. I really enjoys all the characters in this book. Looking forward to the next book.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Renegade Heart

A sweet heartfelt romance. I really enjoyed the characters and their push and pull as they transitioned from friends to lovers. It brought a smile to my face.
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If your not sure about reading this, STOP And READ THIS BOOK . This is a great story with wonderful characters, the story is amazing and I found myself hoping and wishing that Chole and Raif got together sooner. But that would have ended too soon and I'm glad that it didn't go that way. I couldn't put it down except to sleep but was up early to read more. Great author and a great book. I look forward towards more books from her and am waiting patiently for more.
Rubi
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Renegade Hearts is the first book in Lissa Lynn Thomas' new series: Renegades. It stars Raif Montgomery, a super sexy lead singer and his best friend, Chloe Morris.

Raif and Chloe have been best friends since they were small children. Living next door to each other and both suffering some sort of hardship (or nightmare) they would turn to each other for comfort. It has been like this for years.

Chloe has loved him in silence almost as long. The problem? Raif is getting married to their other 'fr
Jenn
My rating: 4-stars.

Renegade Heart is the story of Raif and Chloe. It tells the before and after Raif's band hit the big time. It's told in alternating pov's.

I enjoyed reading this book. It had a nice flow in the story-telling. It had the substance that I like in a book. It's a simple love story with real-life elements.

I loved the two main characters, Raif and Chloe. While the chemistry between them is there, it's not in the burning up the pages form. There is
Michelle Quintana
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Sweet characters

I think that this book is ok. The blurb sounded really good but overall I was disappointed. Raif and Chloe are the two main characters but I felt like they were underdeveloped. Every time the story seemed like it was going somewhere, the storyline would change again. There could have been a couple of different love triangles but nothing really happened. I'm willing to give Luke's story a chance to see if there is any improvement
Sonia
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book as it was the first time I read anything by this author. It's a sweet book about best friends becoming more than friends. The struggle of taking the next step. The uncertainties because of their pasts. Looking forward to the next book in the series!
Tyffani
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a super cute, short and sweet little romance. I have to commend my girl Lissa Lynn Thomas on the perfect solo debut. And I am glad that I got to mark this as my first book of 2019. Definitely recommend to anyone who loves short, sweet romance.
Kerry Richardson
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable book and I look forward to reading more of this series.
Jessica
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm on a mission to read more romance this year! I've been specifically diving into Contemporary Romance because, as you probably know, I'm a really character driven reader. I need my characters to be real people, with real issues, and real relationships. Well, let me tell you, Lissa Lynn Thomas delivers that in spades. Renegade Heart is a book that will send you on an emotional roller coaster of the best kind. I can't deny, I definitely teared up and sighed contentedly more than a few times. I ...more
Stacy
Feb 08, 2019
Joanne Thorne
Feb 27, 2019
Courtney
Feb 07, 2019
Kirsten Martin
May 23, 2019
Lissa was first inspired to consider a career in writing when she was in high school. Her English teacher recognized Lissa's gift for storytelling and encouraged her love of writing. She has six nieces and nephews whom she adores and a beloved cat who is her baby. Lissa loves the color purple and chai tea, and writes poetry under the pen name Bella Sterling.

Under the name Melissa Simmons, she has
“I’ve wanted you here with me forever.” His eyes move over me and I feel it like a physical caress even though I’m still fully clothed. I reach for him, unwilling to wait to touch him now that this is happening.

“I’m here now.”
0 likes
“I reach for her, pull her closer to me, wanting, no needing to hold her. “Yes, I do. I love you, Chloe Jane Morris. I think I always have and I just didn’t know what it was.”

She crawls closer to me, climbing into my lap. Tears are streaking down her cheeks unchecked. Her smile could light up the whole town in a blackout. “I love you, Raif Montgomery,” she says, and the tension leaves my body. Finally. I don’t know how long I’ve been longing to hear those words from her, but it feels like an age. Her mouth is mere inches from mine as she murmurs, “I’ve loved you forever. I don’t know how to stop.”

I pull her even closer. “Don’t ever stop, darlin’.” I plead with her as she closes the short gap between us and sears my mouth with her kiss.”
0 likes