Start by marking “A Wild Child's Guide to Endangered Animals” as Want to Read:
A Wild Child's Guide to Endangered Animals

A Wild Child's Guide to Endangered Animals

From New York Times bestselling author Millie Marotta comes this gorgeous celebration of the animal kingdom.

Highlights the plight of 43 endangered species from around the world: Take a trip through freshwaters, oceans, forests, mountains, tundras, deserts, grasslands, and wetlands while learning about rare and well-known animals and their habitats.

• Vivid illustrations b
Published October 8th 2019 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about A Wild Child's Guide to Endangered Animals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Wild Child's Guide to Endangered Animals

Start your review of A Wild Child's Guide to Endangered Animals
Merel
Beautifully done!
Candice
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Wild Child's Guide to Endangered Animals: is a well-researched book for both children and adults. Millie Marotta has organized the book by habitat (ocean, forest, desert, fresh water, grasslands, tundra and wetlands). At the start of each section is a brief description of the habitat, followed by the profiles of animals that live there. Each of the 43 species has an interesting written description and beautiful artwork. I love that the author includes animals from many Classes (birds, mammals, ...more
Kristian
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this book as part of a Goodreads giveaway. I liked this book a lot. I was a very good book. I really enjoyed the illustrations. Quite stunning and fun at the same time. The book is well laid out and shows many different animals on the endangered list. My only issue with the book is that I wanted more pictures or photos of the animals as well as the artwork. I wanted more information on the animals. This book feels like an appetizer and now I want the entree. My ten year old felt the s ...more
Jessica
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
My son and I read this one. The illustrations are beautiful. Each animal has a description and info about extinction. We did enjoy this book, learning a bit on the way. It would be a good compliment to another informational animal book. The only thing I didnt like was it seemed to be lacking info or stats about the animal.
Jolene -
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My seven-year-old and I read straight through A Wild Child’s Guide to Endangered Animals by Millie Marotta before integrating it into our daily home education curriculum. The beautiful illustrations and coordinating narratives entertained and educated. Each page spread showcases one endangered animal and, prior to reading A Wild Child’s Guide to Endangered Animals, I was not familiar with many of the animals in the book. We especially enjoyed learning about the Saola, the Little Dodo Bird (featu ...more
Ashley
Jul 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely beautiful illustrations and packed with information on amazing species from around the globe - some of which I'd never heard of before! I am so happy seeing a wide variety of species being represented in this book instead of just the well known that need help - all listed need help, not just those that are considered charismatic, and this author did an absolutely amazing job at bringing them to light. Would highly recommend for readers of all ages.
Christie
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a gorgeous book telling the stories of some of the most vulnerable species. This is an easy way to get kiddos interested in preserving the habitats of these endangered species, and others. I can't rave enough about how beautiful the illustrations are--it's like someone colored in those adult coloring books, choosing all of the right colors and adding their own texture to the drawings.
Tam Wallace
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A wonderfully light-hearted, but truly important look at the strange, but wonderous, species that are facing extinction at the hands of man. Lovely drawings, and short tidbits of information, make this a great book to teach children the importance of respecting their environment. I read the e-version, but the hard cover would be a treasure to own.
Devyn
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from Goodreads.

A Wild Child's Guide to Endangered Animals: is a gorgeously illustrated children's book about some of the world's most endangered species seriously at risk of extinction.
It is conveniently organized by habitat with a short and sweet description of the animal alongside those aesthetical works of art.

Can be enjoyed by all ages and would make a wonderful gift for animal enthusiasts with the key paramount of raising awareness.
Ashley Adams
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This really isn't a children's book, and as a reference book it lacks a bit. What makes this piece outstanding is the artwork. Completely mesmerizing illustrations capture texture and detail of endangered species. An absolutely wonderful coffee table book.
O.
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I won a copy of this book from goodreads' giveaway.

A beautifully illustrated book full of informative facts presented in an entertaining way on endangered species that don't get much attention.

Easily enjoyed by anyone, young or old.
Barbara
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Each 2 page spread of "A Wild Child's Guide to Endangered Animals" features a beautiful illustration of an animal along with a few paragraphs of text about the animal.
Jackie
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a good book for all ages! Wish it was longer!
时间的玫瑰
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
画得真美啊,每种动物都很美。以至于读到他们都在走向灭绝,变成更加孤独的物种的时候,就更觉得痛心。
Bobby
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gorgeous illustrations and just the right amount of text for kids (6+ years)
Sara-Ellen
Jan 04, 2020

• Trains
  • Selections from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Piano Solos
  • Yes No Maybe So
  • Wicked Fox (Gumiho, #1)
  • Dear Justyce (Dear Martin, #2)
  • The Five: The Untold Lives of the Women Killed by Jack the Ripper
  • Loveboat, Taipei (Loveboat, Taipei, #1)
  • Batman: Aftershock (16 issues)
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 9: Squirrels Fall Like Dominoes
  • It Began with a Page: How Gyo Fujikawa Drew the Way
  • Pete the Cat: Five Little Ducks
  • Devotion: An Epic Story of Heroism, Friendship, and Sacrifice
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Micro-Series, Vol. 1
  • This Is Water: Some Thoughts, Delivered on a Significant Occasion, about Living a Compassionate Life