Start by marking “The Heartbreaker: 13 Dark Fantasy & Horror Stories” as Want to Read:
The Heartbreaker: 13 Dark Fantasy & Horror Stories

The Heartbreaker: 13 Dark Fantasy & Horror Stories

'Sleep. It consumes me. Every inch of my body. Every part of my mind. Until it is shrouded in darkness and I’m subdued by the black. Time passes. It could be an eternity for all I know. But it’s not. My subconscious emerges from a realm devoid of light. And that's when the nightmare begins. Again.'

Mark Young invites you into a world of dark fantasy and horror. The first
Published December 15th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Heartbreaker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Heartbreaker

Start your review of The Heartbreaker: 13 Dark Fantasy & Horror Stories
Bridgett
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you love short stories, particularly of the horror or dark fantasy varieties, Mark Young should absolutely be your go-to author.

I've had the honor and privilege of contributing stories to two of the same books as Mark...so I already knew I loved his writing. I swear, I think I could pick out his work from hundreds of other writers. His voice is distinctive and he has a lovely style I adore. He is definitely a rising star in the horror genre.

As a side note, he also has a beautiful voice a
Marina Schnierer
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This fantastic debut short story collection by Mark Young was a total blast! These stories are reminiscent of the Creepshow series from the 80s and also Tales from the Crypt and The Twilight Zone. I thoroughly enjoyed each and every one. Other than being thoroughly entertained, I appreciated that each story was quite different to the next. I had a few favourites such as Curse of the Dreamweaver and Blackmist, as a couple of examples, but mostly enjoyed them all equally. I loved coming home and s ...more
Feb 16, 2019 rated it liked it
I picked this collection up on a whim through my Kindle Unlimited subscription and I am very glad I did! At first I was a little worried when I started because the first story is not really horror at all and I'm not much of a sci-fi/fantasy person. Thankfully the rest are primarily horror. As per usual with my anthology reviews, I will go through each story and my opinion of it.

The Heartbreaker-This was not a great start to the anthology, mainly because it's much more of a sci-fi/action story. T
GS
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ever since I was a kid and I immersed myself in Stephen King's short stories I've loved the format. It's versatile, it doesn't require too much of a commitment from the reader, and it presents a fascinating challenge to the author. Not only do they have to create a whole world populated with believable characters in only a few pages, they also have to deliver a beginning, middle and end (often with a twist) in only a few pages. It's a challenge this author, and this collection, manages to meet.

F
Shaun Filion
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is my first introduction to Mr. Young. And I have to say I'm very glad I found out about him. Some very creepy Tales, involving characters, that I found myself quickly liking. Of course that only gives you a fair amount of dread to deal with, as you hurriedly read through the pages, hoping for the best, for them, and at the same time expecting the absolute worst. I will definitely be purchasing, more of his work! ...more
Kaila Marie
Oct 10, 2019
Tracy Briggs
Jul 19, 2019
Mark Young
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Mahmad Bld
Apr 18, 2021
Maggie
added it
Jul 10, 2021

• Black Celebration (Black Planet Book 2)
  • Imaginary Friend
  • Pretty Little Wife
  • Cerberus Rising
  • Crash. Burn. Die. (Reality Bleed #3)
  • Full Brutal
  • Night Terrors (Reality Bleed #4)
  • Goodnight Beautiful
  • The Wife Upstairs
  • Lot Lizards
  • Under the Black Hat: My Life in the WWE and Beyond
  • Body Art
  • A Werewolf in Riverdale (Archie Horror, #1)
  • Grad Night
Mark Young lives with his partner of eight years in London, England. In his spare time he likes to meditate, go to the gym and read, read, read. He also partakes in a bit of professional acting and singing from time to time. He’s a keeper of tropical fish and has two aquariums. And aspires to own a house with a garden and a family of cats and dogs thrown into the mix.

He is the author of the 13 Dar