Start by marking “Clawthorn (Clement, #3)” as Want to Read:
Clawthorn (Clement, #3)

Clawthorn

(Clement #3)

The third book in the bestselling Clement series

When the truth is locked in the past, best you pray for the right locksmith.

Just four months after Emma Hogan was born, her father was convicted of a heinous crime and sent to prison for life.

Forty-six years later, and now a London-based journalist, Emma inadvertently discovers an old notebook she suspects might be
Published December 15th 2018 by CrestaPress

To ask other readers questions about Clawthorn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clawthorn

Start your review of Clawthorn (Clement, #3)
Tony
Apr 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
3rd in the series and another good read. Flows well with an interesting plot. The ending is a little ... flat. Or blunt maybe.

One more left in the series, will take a short break I think and return later.

Definitely with a read though if you’re looking for a good series!
Miss Dizzy Read
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Run out of good things to say now, as every one of the books Keith Pearson has written are more than brilliant. I hate that I've read them all now and hope there's more to come soon, miss that denim clad hunk already! :-D
Kay Smillie
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The return of Clement which starts at a near the end scene from the previous book, seen by an outsider, Emma Hogan, a journalist smelling a story. A story she is warned off from by her bosses. Six months later she sets off a rolling stone which quickly gathers moss, dangerous moss, and sees the return of Clement. If you have read and loved the first two in this series then you will also this third tale. Never a dull moment with the big man around.

Ray Smillie
Phil Altimas
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: keith-a-pearson
fantastic
Eamon Doody
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The "Clement" Series of books - of which this is the 3rd instalment - are extremely entertaining reads - or in my case listens as I am working through the Audible versions on my work commute and daily walks for the past 2 months.

Each novel revolves around a modern day ordinary man or woman who finds themselves in a crisis not of their making. Invariably there is a villian of the piece capable of ruining the life of our everyday hero whose every action seems to only drag them deeper into trouble.
Remy Sharp
Jan 10, 2019 rated it liked it
I've read and enjoyed the previous two Clement stories. This story was fun, and a very easy read (for me to get through 400 pages in a matter of days is testament to that).

The story follows a journalist, Emma in her mid-40s, living in London on her own and being handed crappy assignments, whilst she's still hungry for her big break.

She comes across Clement (our 70s angel trying to - somehow - find redemption) and he's drawn to her knowing that he must help her in some way. Enter the Clawthorn Cl
Stuart Duffey
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic as per.....Great to see another side of the big guy

Keith is a class writer each of his stories have pulled me in book line and sinker and this is no different. The Clement character is full of charm, humanity and old school values even tho he is a Sally just a Sally from a different time. But it the other main character of n each of the Clement books that compel you to get drawn in. You go on their journey with then. Also the supporting cast are great as are the levels of humanity and
Mrs. Lynn Bell
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unique in a very entertaining way

As a lifelong avid reader, now in my middle 70's and no longer very mobile, it's not uncommon for me to read a book a day. Having just finished the third Clement book in as many days, I wish there were more to look forward to reading. I already miss Clement and strongly doubt I'll find anything as unique, well plotted and overall well written as these three books. All three are interest holding from start to finish with a very good mix of drama and humor. I wish
Jo Morrison
Mar 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Good, but... I had to knock a star off for the female character flaws!

I’ve read all 3 Clement books now and I did really enjoy them all, with the exception of some of the things the main female character says/thinks in this and the first book.

Some of the things really makes me cringe eg wanting to be looked after/saved or eyeing every male up as a potential partner. Even the allegedly hard-nosed journalist was not immune to this.

So in summary - Clement is a great character, but the females nee
Richard
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing outing for Clement!

Author Keith Pearson does it again with another gripping, funny and touching book about the Clement character.

Is the rough 1970s hard man back from the dead, a deluded lunatic or something else?

In this book, Clement finds himself drawn to helping Emma Hogan, a journalist who’s disgraced fathers death holds all sorts of revelations about a secret society she’s trying to uncover.

A great read, featuring characters who you find yourself investing in.
Mr
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just as fab as the first two!

Wow! Clement is back. Even without reading the first two books this is a fantastic read, however to fully enjoy and appreciate the character then read the series.
Brilliant storyline and so great to see more of Clement’s feelings too.
A brilliant job by Keith Pearson and a nice little cliff hanging moment at the end! Will Clement be back for book 4???????
John Kearney
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable conclusion (?) to a series

I have very much enjoyed the Clement series. The characters have been well rounded and each book has given a slightly different view of the main (anti) hero. The humour and storylines have been a pleasure to get into as I’ve progressed through the books.

Although I’ve headed my review as “Enjoyable conclusion” I hope to see more of Clement (and Emma) in the future.
Rachel E  Wray
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Brilliant Clement book

I've read all 3 Clement books the first was excellent the second was good but not quite there I feel this is back to the formula of the first one I loved the relationship between Emma and Clement. Rhe story excellent kept me gripped the whole way through .The only down is that for me the ending was too abrupt but does leave the door for another book...I can't wait!
Paula
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My all time favourite (book) trilogy

Wow wow wow I just completed Clements journey “so far “ more please Keith !
Anyhow I can’t express how much I enjoyed these books each story different .
Characters so lively and believable real .
Every book I’ve read of Keith A Pearson has got 5 stars , I attempt to always give an honest reviews
If you want a great story read any of Keith’s books especially if Clement in them .
angela norton
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great Keith A Pearson book

A great read in the Clement series of books. I’ve loved every one of the authors books, they are imaginative and different and I couldn’t put this one down after a while to get to the bottom of the plot. Recommend this and all his other books highly. Looking forward to the next ones
I C Douglas
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best Clement yet!

I've read all the 'Clement' books and have to say this has been, for me, the best so far.
This doesn't mean the other two are lesser, far from it, they are extremely good as well, but, for me anyway, this has been my favourite in the series, I just hope there's more to come!
Recommended.
Anita Low
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All three Clement books are a great read!

I was caught by the review that said fans of ‘Living on Mars’ would love this book. And the Clement books did not disappoint... I loved the whole time travel in this new mode and Clement just grows and grows on you.. I like to think he lives happily ever after :)
Steve W
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed this and read it over 24 hours … I was off work. As ever, a great story with a few links to the previous two Clement books. A few twists, as few things you could see coming a mile off too but that didn't matter, merely raised a smile. I have enjoyed a few books from this author now and can recommend him wholeheartedly.
ingrid davidson
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous

I read the trilogy whilst on holiday, couldn't put them down. Funny, witty, charming and mysterious. Kept you guessing. I kind of fell in love with Clement as he was such a mixture of sad, lonely, hard man and protector but lost. I'm hoping for another book as want to hear more. Fantastic
David Peat
Oct 18, 2019 rated it liked it
A good read

There must be something about these novels as I’ve read all three. Unfortunately, I never get further than three stars. This time the plot was explained a la James Bond, even though it said it wouldn’t in the text. Despite this, I love Keith A Pearson’s gentle human and relationships between characters. A comfy read - go on, I would again!
Rachel Hazlewood
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Clement rules again

Absolutely fantastic book. At first,I wasn't keen on Emma but can't wait to see what happens next. When I read both previous books, I didn't think they'd get better but they do. Loved this book
Kara
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another blinder

I just love Clement an everyman for the modern world. We could all do w. ith a touch of him in our lives .l hope that this is not the last time I get to spend some quality time in his company
Carol
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The best yet

I could not put it down! Unlike some other authors whose characters and stories follow a formula, Keith Pearson makes every Clement story different. Please let there be a Clement Book 4!
Mary
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another brill Clement adventure

I love this series and enjoy Clement as a character. Each time it ends i feel more and more hopeful things will work out for him. Fingers crossed for another book about Clement
Jon Lewis
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fantastic again.

Hope the next Clement book comes out soon. They just keep getting better. Very interested to know how the next one will (if it does) link with the end of this one. Thanks Keith for another great read!!
Dawn Tarbett
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another great read from Keith APearson

If you haven't read the first books about Clement you are missing out.
I really like the way this author writes. His storeys are just so different. Love his sense of humour.
Kevin Brian Huby
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful book from an author who is fast becoming my favourite and another chapter in the 'life' of our unlikely hero, Clement. I have read all of Keith A Pearson's books and this one does not disappoint. I look forward to his next book. Great stuff.
Mary Geraghty
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whew!!!!

Well, cannot say much without compromising the story. Suffice to say, brilliant. Loved every page. Always know the worth of a good book, when you don't want it to end. P.S. loved the thunk and wrongun references in this book. 🐮
Jennifer Dege
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn't want this one to end!

If you've become even the least fond of Clement, or wrapped up in his plight, you will love this installment of the tale. And hope there's more to come.

Keith A Pearson, you are certainly a masterful story weaver!
Dympna Hooper
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Happy ever after?

Another great story, have thoroughly enjoyed all three Clement books. The characterisation is spot on, one can't keep from becoming involved with Clement and Emma as they lurch from one catastrophe to the next.

I recommend all three books to anyone with a heart!
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Page in Your Diary
  • Time, for a Change
  • Need a Little Time
  • The Bank of Goodliness: Shadeys Bank needs to clean up its image, a country vicar needs a new career. It could be a match made in heaven. Or Hell.
  • Who Needs Love, Anyway?
  • The Twin Flame Game
  • The Reluctant Detective: A humorous crime mystery (A Martin Hayden Mystery. Book 1)
  • The Final Game
  • Where Seagulls Dare
  • George Pearly Is A Miserable Old Sod
  • Schrodinger's Cottage
  • Whose Reality Is This Anyway?
  • I Have Sinned (McGarry Stateside, #2)
  • Camp Scoundrel: Doing what it takes to survive paradise
  • Disaster Inc (McGarry Stateside, #1)
  • Lifting the Lid (Lifting the Lid, #1)
  • Accidental Hitman
  • Angels in the Moonlight (Dublin Trilogy #0)
I rarely visit Goodreads, on account it's a terrifying place for authors who aren't blessed with a thick skin.

If you'd like to know more about me, head over to my website, or you can follow me on Facebook or Twitter.

Clement (3 books)
  • Who Sent Clement? (Clement #1)
  • Wrong'un (Clement #2)

News & Interviews

“Caught between a rock and a hard bastard Jaydon assesses his limited options.” 0 likes