Start by marking “A Fool's Circle” as Want to Read:
A Fool's Circle

A Fool's Circle

Kate Sanders has suffered many years of physical and mental abuse at the hands of her abusive husband Alan, and convinces herself that she is only holding the family together for the sake of her eight-year-old daughter. If it wasn't for her best friend Jill Reynolds, she would have taken the suicide option a long time ago.

As she desperately seeks a way to escape, she is co
Published March 17th 2019 by Wallace Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Fool's Circle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Fool's Circle

Mark
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A gritty, no holds barred story, dark and at times upsetting in its ‘realness’ but brilliantly written
Kate is locked in a terrible abusive marriage with Alan...Alan is shocking, his treatment of Kate is heartbreaking to read and I absolutely hated him ( due to the wonderful writing ) and his character was so emotive making I almost rang the Police myself about him!
Kate leads a wretched life and her existence is basically surviving the onslaught from him and protecting her daughter Sophie
Kate co
Linda Strong
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

A FOOL'S CIRCLE by SUZANNE SEDDAN
Available 3/17/19

Kate has been mentally and physically abused by her husband for many years. Why does she stay? She's hanging on for her 8-year-old daughter who is just now questioning why Daddy does the things he does. Her best friend, Jill, has been trying to convince her to leave for a long time.

Just when things look even bleaker, Kate gets a call from an attorney's office. Her aunt has died and left quite a lot of money. This is her one chance to ge
Avni Jain
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Title: A Fool's CircleAuthor: Suzzane SeddonPages: 328Kate is suffering from an abusive marriage with Alan. She is only living to save her eight-year-old daughter. She also has her "bestie" Jill Reynolds. The book is filled with twists and turns. It is filled with lies and betrayal. It is not an easy read. The character developments are great and writing makes it more powerful. The topic of domestic violence is amazingly described and how it makes one's life worst. The cover says a lot about the ...more
Susan Hunter
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A gripping read from start to finish. A clever plot that involves marital abuse and friendships. I raced through this book as I couldn't wait to find out if Kate leaves her abusive husband Alan. The plot twists and turns were stunning. A compelling read that certainly won't disappoint. 5 star read for me. Look forward to reading more from this author.
HeidiLynns BookReviews
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First, I want to thank Suzanne Seddon for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

If you are looking for a light read coming into Fool’s Circle you will not be getting that with this book. Suzanne Seddon takes you deep into a couple’s domestic violence relationship. This book may not be suited for everyone as it does contain triggers. It does contain very graphic language that ruins one self-esteem, domestic violence, and a rape scene. I am a huge fan of psychological thrille
Amanda
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read this book in a day as really got engrossed. At first I wasn't sure I'd be able to read it as was traumatic listening to how Alan spoke and treated Kate and Sophie. Then Kate comes in to money and with the help of a friend and a new man in her life things appear they will get better! But Alan gets murdered and Kate is arrested! What follows then is lots of twists and turns and even when you think it's over they keep on coming right until the last page!!!
Lindsay
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I really enjoyed this dark thriller about an abused wife who is finally given the means to escape her marriage after an inheritance comes to her but then events spiral out of control. It was a great read and I couldn’t put it down and I loved the ending.
Mommy Reads
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
A gripping read from start to finish. If you are looking for a light read, this is not it! The plot explores a couple’s domestic violence, vulgar language and actions. The author does a phenomenal job in bringing the subject of domestic violence to the front line! I’m a huge fan of psychological thrillers but this one left me in shock.

As a woman, some scenes were hard to read. I felt for Kate and all she had to endure from her husband and not seeing the red flags in her friendship with Jill. Mo
Kirsti Marie
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was very kindly sent a digital copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.'A Fool's Circle' by Suzanne Seddon is a book that follows the story of a character named Kate Sanders who has suffered years of mental and physical abuse at the hands of her abusive husband, Alan. The only other people Kate has in her life are her daughter, Sophie and her best friend, Jill. That is until Kate is contacted by a solicitor who informs her that she has been left a small fortune by her old aunt who h ...more
Lel Budge
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Where do I start ?

The story tells of Kate and how, after a bit of a whirlwind romance she marries Alan….she’s seen he gets a bit angry but she has no idea what is to come. She is verbally and physically abused on a daily basis by a now spiteful, aggressive and almost permanently drunken husband. This was difficult reading but highlights the amount of domestic abuse that goes on behind closed doors….with the majority being women, who end up feeling embarrassed at being a victim….

Kate is then left
Bernadette Robinson

I gave this a 4/5 stars or 8/10.

This was a chillingly dark story about Kate Sanders, her husband Alan and their young 8 year old daughter Sophie.

Alan wasn't the best husband, he was mentally, physically and at times sexually abusive towards Kate. Kate is very protective of her daughter and thankfully, the abuse hasn't reached as far as her daughter. However, Sophie has seen far more than an eight year old, should ever be subjected to and she feels very protective of her Mum.

Kate would love to be
Bookinggoodread
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Fools Circle is not a light read by any means but it is one I enjoyed. I couldn't put it down.
I had a lot of sympathy for Kate who is stuck in a deeply abusive relationship. The only people that keep her going are her daughter and her best friend. Then she meets a man who makes her see she can escape if she really wants too. Will Kate and her daughter manage to start a new life away from the tyrant in their home.
A Fools Circle covers issues that might trigger some people, including domestic vi
Shanannigans
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
A solid thriller with a great twist ending!

Just as ‘Kate’ is ready to throw in the towel, a miracle happens in the form of a generous inheritance. Now armed with new hope and a way to escape the vicious cycle of abuse at the hands of her monstrous husband, Kate is ready to start a new life with her daughter. Unfortunately, there are other plans being made for her. Ones that will ruin her life forever!

I enjoyed this book! It hooks you from the beginning and takes you on a thrilling ride. One that
Elise
Mar 17, 2019 rated it liked it
'A Fool's Circle' is a gritty psychological thriller that at times is difficult to read due to the authenticity and realness of the narrative. Seddon does not hold back or sugar coat the emotional and physical abuse that the protagonist, Kate, endures at the hands of her aggressive and cruel husband. Kate stays in her horrific marriage for the sake of her daughter, but when she comes into a lot of money she starts to plan a way to leave, and this is when Seddon's writing truly takes shape and dr ...more
Michelle Whitham (curled_up_with_a_good_book)
This was a fantastic book which had me completely and utterly gripped! However, this is a hard hitting tale of domestic abuse which really plays on your emotions – knowing there are people out there that live through this.

Kate has suffered years of abuse at the hands of her awful Husband, Alan but has stayed strong for their daughter Sophie. What also really affected me was that 8 year old Sophie was fully aware of what was going on, which again is a sad tale of some people’s real lives.

However,
Joanne Cartwright
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
A traumatic story of Kate, downtrodden, abused by her husband Alan, but staying for the sake of their child.
Then Kate comes into a lot of money and realises she can now escape the circle of abuse. She entrusts the cash to her best friend so that Alan cannot get his hands on it and begins to plan her exit from the marriage.
Kate is a likable character but her taste in friends is questionable. I didn't like Jill from the moment we were introduced to the character but couldn't quite put my finger on
Carole
Mar 07, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a no holds barred story of domestic abuse, violent actions and betrayal. The story is gripping and, although I did predict some of the plot before it occurred, I didn't see the ending coming.
I didn't particularly like the author's writing style but that is just a personal thing as I do not see the need for offensive language throughout a novel. I'm not a prude but just find it unnecessary.
On the whole if you enjoy a psychological thriller you should enjoy this novel
Yogesh Yeeshu
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Without saying much if I want to sum this book then it's fantastic read. Psychological thriller has always kept me in edge. Book take a drastic changes when Kate meets a new man. Then the real action begins in book. It has got everything which a thriller book wants- murder, betrayal, brutal, scary, heartbreaking, chains of lie, amazing storyline and at last a awesome ending which every reader seeks for. It's a gripping read. I was totally attached to this book from first page till ending. Langua ...more
Cheryl
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I found this quite a hard book to read, I couldn't relate to the characters and although the ending was good it didn't quite redeem the rest of the book.
Sophie Bristow Harris
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Fool’s Circle by Suzanne Seddon is a highly charged read. It’s full of twists and turns - who exactly can you trust?
This book depicts domestic abuse in a raw and edgy dialogue. A great read that kept me turning the pages very late at night to see what the outcome would be.
Simon Golding
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very honest and certainly not a sugar-coated read - it hooked me in from page one!
Kikaterremotodj
Elle
Kortney
River
Mar 10, 2019
Suzanne Seddon was born in 1968 in Islington, London. After leaving school she had many interesting jobs, from swimming teacher to air hostess, and was able to travel the globe. Now a single mum to her teenage daughter Poppy-willow, Suzanne spends her days writing and has written several articles for magazines and newspapers.

Growing up, Suzanne witnessed mental and physical abuse within her own fa
“Words are what I see each time I open my laptop.” 0 likes