Start by marking “A Fool's Circle” as Want to Read:
A Fool's Circle

A Fool's Circle

Kate Sanders has suffered many years of physical and mental abuse at the hands of her abusive husband Alan, and convinces herself that she is only holding the family together for the sake of her eight-year-old daughter. If it wasn't for her best friend Jill Reynolds, she would have taken the suicide option a long time ago.

As she desperately seeks a way to escape, she is co
Published March 17th 2019 by Wallace Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Fool's Circle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Fool's Circle

Start your review of A Fool's Circle
Sue
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Those who read true life crimes, and victims of abuse or advocates of
Shelves: family-saga, weepies
As a person from a certain part of the U.K., I’m going to use the phrase Cor Blimey!

This is the most raw, compelling heart wrenching book I’ve read in this subject matter.
I’ve felt anger, hatred, I wanted to reach out and give Alan what he dished out to his wife Kate.
That wouldn’t make it right but by goodness it would have made me feel better.

Standing back from this (based on the authors experience) I got to see how good, how strong and how gritty this writing was to evoke so much from me.

It’
Mark
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A gritty, no holds barred story, dark and at times upsetting in its ‘realness’ but brilliantly written
Kate is locked in a terrible abusive marriage with Alan...Alan is shocking, his treatment of Kate is heartbreaking to read and I absolutely hated him ( due to the wonderful writing ) and his character was so emotive making I almost rang the Police myself about him!
Kate leads a wretched life and her existence is basically surviving the onslaught from him and protecting her daughter Sophie
Kate co
Linda Strong
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

A FOOL'S CIRCLE by SUZANNE SEDDAN
Available 3/17/19

Kate has been mentally and physically abused by her husband for many years. Why does she stay? She's hanging on for her 8-year-old daughter who is just now questioning why Daddy does the things he does. Her best friend, Jill, has been trying to convince her to leave for a long time.

Just when things look even bleaker, Kate gets a call from an attorney's office. Her aunt has died and left quite a lot of money. This is her one chance to ge
Hans
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This thriller centers around mental and physical abuse. The (autobiographical?) abuse is told very realistic and therefore very believable. The thrilling aspect has some very unsuspected twists at the end. Nothing is as it seems. All in all a very clever suspenseful story.
Sandra Harvey
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-best-reads
WOW! WOW! WOW!
I don't usually write long winded reviews. But I feel this book definitely warrants one!
I read a lot of the authors background, before tackling this read. Which is really interesting to say the least.
Seddon Grew up around domestic violence and mental abuse, which she has remarkably captured in it's most shocking form, in this debut psychological thriller!
The characters are well developed and the language is totally unforgiving. 'But domestic violence isn't pretty, right?' and I w
Sue
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A FOOL’S CIRCLE is a psychological thriller by author Suzanne Seddon that deals with domestic physical and mental abuse. This book may not be suited for everyone as it does contain triggers, with graphic language and a rape scene. This was such an emotional read, but I applaud the author for addressing the issue of Domestic Violence, and keeping it on the forefront. Love the cover, as it sets the stage for what is to come.

Kate Sanders has suffered many years of physical and mental abuse at the h
Cheryl M-M
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Kate is the victim of domestic abuse. The behaviour of her husband has spiralled from small things to a constant barrage of abuse on a daily basis. She has convinced herself that staying with her husband is better for their daughter, but the truth is she is just too frightened to leave him.

Things take a turn for the worse when an opportunity for freedom arises, however Kate hasn’t taken into account just how vindictive her husband can be and that she can’t trust the people around her. Sometimes
Adele Shea
May 22, 2019 rated it liked it
I am really unsure how I felt about this book. I found the overuse of names destracting. I also thought there was no need to over describe everything.
Avni Jain
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Title: A Fool's Circle
Author: Suzzane Seddon
Pages: 328

Kate is suffering from an abusive marriage with Alan. She is only living to save her eight-year-old daughter. She also has her "bestie" Jill Reynolds. The book is filled with twists and turns. It is filled with lies and betrayal. It is not an easy read. The character developments are great and writing makes it more powerful. The topic of domestic violence is amazingly described and how it makes one's life worst. The cover says a lot about ...more
Tony
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an interesting read. It’s a psychological thriller. The MC is married to a mental abuser. It’s very real and raw and I enjoyed the way the author took my emotions on what I can only describe as a rollercoaster of a ride!
Susan Hunter
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A gripping read from start to finish. A clever plot that involves marital abuse and friendships. I raced through this book as I couldn't wait to find out if Kate leaves her abusive husband Alan. The plot twists and turns were stunning. A compelling read that certainly won't disappoint. 5 star read for me. Look forward to reading more from this author.
Reads a Latte Thrillers
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Let me start by saying this book was extremely difficult in the early chapters. The abuse, both physical and mental was hard to digest and I can’t think of a character I’ve loathed more than Alan. While painful to read, I give this author serious props for creating such a wicked character and describing with such detail this woman’s horrendous experience. In addition to detailing the abusive relationship between Kate and Alan, the story is also wrapped in a mystery with character’s the reader ca ...more
Marina
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kate Sanders is a victim of an abusive husband. The only thing that keeps her staying in the marriage is her little daughter. But when a solicitor contacts her, things change in a positive way. Kate's aunt dies and leaves her a lot of money. Kate sees this as a chance to make her way out of her marriage. Her only friend is Jill and she offers to help with the escape. That is what friends do, right? And Kate meets a new man, someone very different from her abusive husband. But is she capable to t ...more
Heidi Lynn’s BookReviews
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First, I want to thank Suzanne Seddon for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

If you are looking for a light read coming into Fool’s Circle you will not be getting that with this book. Suzanne Seddon takes you deep into a couple’s domestic violence relationship. This book may not be suited for everyone as it does contain triggers. It does contain very graphic language that ruins one self-esteem, domestic violence, and a rape scene. I am a huge fan of psychological thrille
Mommy Reads
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
A gripping read from start to finish. If you are looking for a light read, this is not it! The plot explores a couple’s domestic violence, vulgar language and actions. The author does a phenomenal job in bringing the subject of domestic violence to the front line! I’m a huge fan of psychological thrillers but this one left me in shock.

As a woman, some scenes were hard to read. I felt for Kate and all she had to endure from her husband and not seeing the red flags in her friendship with Jill. Mo
Amanda
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read this book in a day as really got engrossed. At first I wasn't sure I'd be able to read it as was traumatic listening to how Alan spoke and treated Kate and Sophie. Then Kate comes in to money and with the help of a friend and a new man in her life things appear they will get better! But Alan gets murdered and Kate is arrested! What follows then is lots of twists and turns and even when you think it's over they keep on coming right until the last page!!!
Lindsay
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I really enjoyed this dark thriller about an abused wife who is finally given the means to escape her marriage after an inheritance comes to her but then events spiral out of control. It was a great read and I couldn’t put it down and I loved the ending.
Claire Davis
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. I have given A Fool's Circle by Suzanne Seddon four out of five stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Warning: this book contains difficult scenes to read as per explicit language, emotional, mental and physical abuse.
Almost immediately I was drawn towards the characters; Kate Sanders and her daughter, Sophie Sanders. I thought Kate was a very brave woman who dealt with a lot of emotional and physical abuse from her husband, Alan Sanders. At times it was quite di ...more
Michele Arnold
May 20, 2019 rated it did not like it
Ugh. Terrible plot, bland characters and way too much unnecessary foul language. Many typos in Kindle version. Predictable storyline. I could go on and on. It is rare for me hate a book but I really and truly loathed it. I feel like the author tried too hard to come up with something interesting and twisty. It wasn't.
Bree Lynn
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
⚠️Trigger Warning ⚠️ This book deals with an abusive relationship and all the physical and emotional turmoil that comes with it. That being said there are some graphic scenes in the book. Keep that in mind before reading.

I read this book in one sitting and honestly couldn’t put it down. The story revolves around Kate Saunders and the horror she goes through at home with her abusive husband. All she wants is to provide a better life for her and her daughter Sophie, but she’s stuck. That’s until
Joanna Gibson
Apr 14, 2019 rated it liked it
I wanted to enjoy this book much more than I did. The basis for the storyline, the ending of this book for me was what meant that I enjoyed it as much as I did and why it reached three stars, unfortunately some of what I felt was unwarranted language and content in the book was what let it down and I found the characters at times contrived. A real shame as I had high hopes
Rosie
"Talk about a desperate housewife."

So, where to start? Initially I felt like Alan's side of dialogue was a little exaggerated, but then I was stopped in my tracks when I remembered that I know people who've actually behaved exactly like this. One part of the story that surprised me was that Kate was confiding in her friend about Alan's behaviour. Not usually the case in these sorts of books, the abuse is usually kept quiet, so that was different. A few chapters in, there was a bit of a jaw dropp
Cheryl
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I found this quite a hard book to read, I couldn't relate to the characters and although the ending was good it didn't quite redeem the rest of the book.
Kirsti Marie
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was very kindly sent a digital copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
'A Fool's Circle' by Suzanne Seddon is a book that follows the story of a character named Kate Sanders who has suffered years of mental and physical abuse at the hands of her abusive husband, Alan. The only other people Kate has in her life are her daughter, Sophie and her best friend, Jill. That is until Kate is contacted by a solicitor who informs her that she has been left a small fortune by her old aunt who ...more
Lel Budge
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Where do I start ?

The story tells of Kate and how, after a bit of a whirlwind romance she marries Alan….she’s seen he gets a bit angry but she has no idea what is to come. She is verbally and physically abused on a daily basis by a now spiteful, aggressive and almost permanently drunken husband. This was difficult reading but highlights the amount of domestic abuse that goes on behind closed doors….with the majority being women, who end up feeling embarrassed at being a victim….

Kate is then left
Bernadette Robinson

I gave this a 4/5 stars or 8/10.

This was a chillingly dark story about Kate Sanders, her husband Alan and their young 8 year old daughter Sophie.

Alan wasn't the best husband, he was mentally, physically and at times sexually abusive towards Kate. Kate is very protective of her daughter and thankfully, the abuse hasn't reached as far as her daughter. However, Sophie has seen far more than an eight year old, should ever be subjected to and she feels very protective of her Mum.

Kate would love to be
Claire
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Firstly, I would like to thank the author for providing me with a pdf copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I am going to start my review with a warning. This book may not be for everyone. Trigger warnings include mental, physical and sexual abuse, domestic violence and strong language.

This is a gritty and dark story which at times was harrowing to read. This psychological thriller is semi autobiographical and it can be seen from it's 'realness', which was fantastically written.

Kat
Dee
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Disrespect, abuse, usury, lies, deceit, oppression, betrayal, opportunity, greed, a bit of raunchiness and the ultimate question: can we ever really know a person no matter how charismatic, no matter how long we may have known them?

Overall, not a bad book (despite some editing issues). The backstory was interesting enough but it was missing a few key points in plausibility - specifically with the way police and detectives were portrayed in the book. You just could not take any of them seri
Kelly
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
So this book.....as the warning above states it's main theme is Kate's abusive relationship with her husband Alan. She suffers massively at his hands and the content is harrowing, scary and was really tough to read - it is hard going guys. The storyline is amazing, Kate is finding a way out of her life at last but as everything in her life seems to be, it's really hard for the happy ending to arrive. If I didn't hate the violence in the book I would be rating this higher, but it almost needs to ...more
Jackie Stitt
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow it's gritty

It's also very enlightening, if that's the right word I'm looking for.
The husband is a right piece of work, he made my blood boil. It was so hard to put this book down, which I had to as my great granddaughters were here . Now the ending was totally not what I was expecting. Great book Suzanne this is one of the best books I have read. Thank you.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Dead Inside (Maggie Jamieson, #1)
  • Stalker
  • Mr. Nobody
  • Her Darkest Fear
  • Sea of Lies (The Village Book, #2)
  • The Lies We Hide
  • Apartment Six
  • Savage Games (John Savage Action Thriller #2)
  • #MeToo
  • Rewind
  • Bridesmaids
  • The Girl Puzzle: A Story of Nellie Bly
  • Nothing Else Remains: The compulsive read (Porter and Styles Book 2)
  • The Needle House (DS Lasser #1)
  • Take It Back
  • Thicker Than Water (The Village, #1)
  • Savage Children (John Savage Action Thriller Book 3)
  • Twisted
Suzanne Seddon was born in 1968 in Islington, London. After leaving school she had many interesting jobs, from swimming teacher to air hostess, and was able to travel the globe. Now a single mum to her teenage daughter Poppy-willow, Suzanne spends her days writing and has written several articles for magazines and newspapers.

Growing up, Suzanne witnessed mental and physical abuse within her own f