Start by marking “Ask Me No Questions (DS Kate Munro #1)” as Want to Read:
Ask Me No Questions (DS Kate Munro #1)

Ask Me No Questions

(DS Kate Munro #1)

IDENTICAL TWINS HAVE A SPECIAL BOND SOMEONE WILL KILL TO BREAK . . .

As children, Gabi and Thea were like most identical twin sisters: inseparable.

Now adults, Gabi is in a coma following a vicious attack and Thea claims that, until last week, the twins hadn’t spoken in fifteen years. But what caused such a significant separation? And what brought them back together so sud
Published October 3rd 2019 by Orion

To ask other readers questions about Ask Me No Questions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ask Me No Questions

Start your review of Ask Me No Questions (DS Kate Munro #1)
Louise Wilson
DS Kate Munro #1

The parents of twin girls where murdered by their neighbour. He was convinced the man was having an affair with his wife.

It's not fifteen years later. The twins Gabi and Thea have went there separate ways. They were once close. One of the twins is in hospital, shes in a coma after being brutally attacked. DS Kate Munro is on the case. She interviews the other twin who tells her that they have had no contact in fifteen years. But Kate feels that something is not right. The attack
Sue
ASK ME NO QUESTIONS is the second novel and the first in a new crime thriller series featuring DS Kate Munro by author Louisa de Lange. This is an excellent character-driven novel that involves a twin relationship and a police detective. The novel is set in Southampton, where the author has lived most of her life.

TWINS HAVE A SPECIAL BOND, and Gabi and Thea were like most identical twin sisters: inseparable, but different in any ways.

The novel opens in 2004, with a brutal murder of local reside
Karen
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read Louisa’s debut last year ‘The Dream Wife‘ which I really enjoyed and was so excited to see a new book, and a crime procedural too, one of my favourite genres.

Ask Me No Questions is the first in a new series featuring DS Kate Munro. Set in Southampton it begins in 2004 with the reported shooting of Madeleine and Robert Patterson by their neighbour Harrison Becker. Identical twins Gabriella and Thea Patterson were 18 years old. The story then jumps to 2019 where trauma seems to follow them
Linda Strong

Fifteen years ago, identical twin sisters, Gabi and Thea, along with their friend, Harry, were at their home when the twins' parents were murdered. Harry's father was convicted of the killings and is languishing in prison. The gun used in the killing was never found.

Now adults, the twins have not spoken since the funeral of their parents. Thea has stayed and is still Harry's best friend. What has caused this split between the girls? And why has Gabi come back?

After a night out, Gabi is assaulted
Zoé-lee O'farrell
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019

What is it about books lately that are making me ask lots of questions, having twins in them and then leaving the reader with ambiguity at the end. I am far from moaning…I blinking love it! As I have said before I love a book that makes me question everything and again this book does! In Part 1 I was guessing the “twist” and I was right, and again on and on throughout I was attempting to guess the twists. I did not see the reveal to 15 years prior coming…maybe I should have. However, Ms De Lange
Joanne Robertson
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the debut by Louisa de Lange. So I was a bit worried when I realised that her second book was more of a police procedural than a psychological thriller but Ask Me No Questions was brilliant-a character driven thriller with a flawed police detective at its heart and a twin relationship that is well developed and intriguing.

When Gabi is found unconscious in a park, the first person the police contact, when they finally identify her, is her identical twin sister Thea. But Thea says she hasn
Shalini
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a book which had twists that I did not see coming but caused my pulse to race.

An attack and a head injury landed Gabi in a coma. Her twin claimed they had not seen each other since 15 years. Harry was their common friend. DS Munro got investigating.

My first book by this author, the writing though slow at times, got me turning pages to know where the story was going. The first twist was so unexxected that it just made me blink at the way the story got upturned.

I wouldn't say I liked the
Stina
Having read and enjoyed Louisa's debut thriller "The Dream Wife" earlier this year, I had high hopes for this book, being the start of a new police procedural series. I was looking forward to meeting DS Kate Munro and wondering how she was going to handle what promised to be a most puzzling case.

Set in Southampton, ASK ME NO QUESTIONS begins in 2004 with the shooting murder of Robert and Madeleine Patterson by their neighbour Harrison Becker, with whom Madeleine had been having an on
Nicola Smith
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was a huge fan of The Dream Wife, Louisa de Lange's first book, in particular its clever curveballs. I was excited when I heard she had a new book out, but have to confess I was nervous about the fact that it's a police procedural introducing DS Kate Munro. It seemed like it might be very different to The Dream Wife and I wondered if all the things I liked about that book might be lost in Ask Me No Questions.

Well I can happily report that this is just as twisty as I hoped, even if it doesn't q
Angela
Jul 24, 2020 rated it liked it
When Gabriella is attacked on Southampton Common, the race is on to find out who did it. Gabi's twin sister didn't realise she was back in the area so had a shock when she found out, and their child hood friend Harry has his own issues going on with the twins.
With a troubled past when the twin's parents were murdered and Harry's father serving time in jail for the crime, this is a heavily involved plot.
There was lots going on and I thought the book was well plotted, however I struggled to connec
Linda Phillips
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! So many twists and turns I was nearly going round in circles! Great plot, loved the storylines and I thought the characters were well written and fleshed out.
There are a good few characters in this book, and it takes a little concentration to remember who is who, but I did follow the story easily.
I very much look forward to more books by this author.
Nicky Mottram
Jan 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: crime
Ok read the first half though I found to be really slow and not much storyline
Michelle
Jul 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book, kept you guessing and wanting more - looking forward to the next one and seeing what DS Kate Munro gets up to this time.
Tracey Jordan
Nov 17, 2019 rated it liked it
A good story concept with lots of twists and turns, I didn’t predict the ending which is my marker for a good book.
Unfortunately the flitting around time wise was confusing which meant I kept back tracking to try and keep up, which ruined my enjoyment of the book.
Kate
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review:

I've seen a few reviews for Ask Me No Questions and I've been desperate to read it for myself. It lived up to all my expectations and more! The writing style made the novel really easy to read and I was gripped the whole way through.

The detective investigating Gabi's attack is Detective Sergeant Kate Munro. I warmed to her character very easily and I admired her "no nonsense" approach to her work. She's also not afraid to break a few rules which gives the investigation an interesting edg
Kath
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well, this book took me round the houses and back again. At times my head was spinning so much...for reasons I really can't divulge here, sorry!
Gabi and Thea are identical twins. Like most twins they are inseparable. Well, up to a point. An incident really, some 15 years ago. Something happened that rocked the very foundations of their worlds and the went their separate ways. back in the present and Gabi is in hospital, in a coma after a brutal attack, an incident that DS Kate Munro starts to in
Rachel Bridgeman
Shelves: october
Many thanks to Alainna at Orion for the blogtour invite for this exciting thriller! 'Ask Me No Questions' by Louisa De Lange is published in hardback on 03/10/18

This book is exactly what a series opener should be!
Drip feeding the reader with snippets of backstory, building into an overwhelming sense of suspense that leaves you in thrall and wanting to find out more.

I flipped the pages on  this ebook at speed, grateful it was not a physical copy as my fin gertips would be dying the death of a 100
Misfits farm
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A mother and father are murdered by their neighbour who was convinced that the father was having an affair with his wife. The children of both families have always been close being more like siblings. Fifteen years later, one of the dead parents twin girls is brutally attacked. DS Kate Munro is on the case and wonders if the past has some meaning as there is a distinct lack of suspects. The twins are identical and hence easily cause confusion, however each leads a very different life and they ha ...more
Carol Peace
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books
When a young woman is attacked and ends up in a coma it emerges that Gabi is a twin and even though her sister Thea hasn't had any contact with her for 15 years she rushes to her bedside. DS Kate Munro is investigating the attack and when she asks Thea why they haven't spoken in so long she is reluctant to explain but as their parents were killed at that time it seems this turned them in different directions. I enjoyed that it was on two timelines as it added to the mystery , just as you feel yo ...more
Carole
Nov 21, 2019 rated it liked it
After seeing other reviews for this I had high expectations but unfortunately for me they were not met.

The story resolves around twins Gabi and Thea, their childhood friend Harry, a brutal incident 15 years previously and an unexplained attack in present time on Gabi. DS Kate Munro is leading the investigation but has issues of her own.

I loved the premise of this story but struggled as I found none of the characters likable despite their traumatic pasts. There were lots of twists in the tale, s
Christine Rennie
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
With thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for the arc, which I have enjoyed reading.
This second book by Louisa de Lange featuring D.S. Kate Munro, was an extremely clever and entertaining storyline. The story is about twins, Gabrielle and Thea and their childhood friend Harry.
There were many twists and turns in the present story and it turned out there were many twists and turns in the death of the twins parents who were shot and killed and Harry’s father was convicted of their murders many y
CJ Eve
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just when you thought it all figured the plot thickens!

The story focuses on estranged identical twin sister's Gabi and Thea. In 2004 the 18 year old twins mum and dad were shot dead in an altercation with their neighbour. Fast forward to 2019 now adults, Gabi is in a comma after a brutal assault.

For the past 15 years the twins have lead very separate lives, alike in appearance but unlike in personality. DS Kate Munro is tasked with investigating the case was it a random attack or have the events
Priya
Dec 16, 2019 rated it liked it
A police procedural told from the point of view of multiple characters, the story centred around twins Gabriella and Thea Patterson, the brutal murder of their parents fifteen years ago and a savage attack on Gabby that causes the estranged twins to reconnect.
DS Kate Munro, investigating the attack on Gabby feels she is going around in circles.
Herself lonely and trying to beat the system to get to the heart of this case, she suspects the murder all those years ago may have something to do with w
Tina Sheriff
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing read!

I absolutely loved Louisa’s first book and couldn’t wait for this one which I had on pre-order. I was not disappointed! I love that if’s set in my home town and I can picture the places as they are described in the book. The characters were really authentic and although I guessed the first twist I certainly didn’t guess the rest! I now can’t wait for the next book in the DS Monroe series and have already pre-ordered it! Well done Louisa on another cracking novel!
Dawn
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
DS Kate Munro is investigating an assault on Gabriella Patterson. Her twin sister, Thea, says there is no love lost between them. Their parents were brutally killed 15 years earlier but some facts aren’t adding up!

After loving Louisa’s previous book, The Dream wife, I was excited to read this and it didn’t disappoint. Thank you to netgalley and the publishers for this arc in exchange for my honest review:
Annette
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable but complicated read which had me going over pages that I had already read. I know that the police are only human but DS Kate Munro makes some very bad decisions that could land her in big trouble but she manages to hang on with the skin of her teeth. She is like a dog with a bone and even though she has been warned not to look into an historical murder case she is convinced that it is connected to the investigation that she is working on. A great start to a new series.
Beccy Thompson
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from TBC Reviewers request- Thank you
This is the first book in a new crime series featuring Kate Munro.
What a fantastic read, I loved the premise of identical twins who have no contact- what can make 2 people who are so similar have no contact with each other?? It’s got to be something big and there is nothing bigger than the secrets Louisa has hidden in this book. A well written novel that had enough twist and turns for even the biggest critic amongst us.
Kristen
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced readers copy of this book thanks to The Book Club Reviewer Group on Facebook. This is the beginning of a new series by this author and if this book is any indication to how good the series will be then I will be waiting in anticipation for them. There was great character development and the plot had plenty of suspense and twists that I didn't anticipate. The only drawback that I found was that the time line was a little wonky to follow at times. ...more
Natalie Lewis
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
DI Kate Munro is investigating the attempted murder of Gabrielle. Events spiral when she meets Gabrielle’s twin sister Thea. Things don’t appear to be what they were initially in the investigation. I always try to guess ‘whodunit’ when I’m reading a novel, and I know it’s a good one when I don’t guess by the end of the book.
Netta
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic read. A real whodunnit full of twists and turns. Twins, Gabriella and Thea, and their friend Harry share a secret. The twins parents were murdered and Harry’s father is in jail for the crime. But is there more to the story? Boy is there ever!! I highly recommend this book.

• Dead Inside (DC Maggie Jamieson, #1)
  • The Taken Girls
  • The Devil’s Dice (DI Meg Dalton, #1)
  • Lake Child
  • The Dentist (The DS Cross mysteries Book 1)
  • Too Close to Breathe (Frankie Sheehan, #1)
  • Ask No Questions (Detective Caelan Small, #1)
  • Remember Me? : (Book One): A DCI McKenzie Crime Thriller
  • Under Your Skin
  • Remember Me?: (Book Two) : A DCI McKenzie Crime Thriller
  • The Secret of Cold Hill (House on Cold Hill, #2)
  • Deadly Wishes (Detective Zoe Finch, #1)
  • Dead in Venice
  • Maureen's (Not So Great) British Cake Off
  • Ring Around the Rosie (Olivia Thompson #1)
  • Shock (Shock #1)
  • The Missing Children (DI Kayli Bright Trilogy, #1)
  • One Week 'Til Christmas
Louisa de Lange studied Psychology at the University of Southampton and has lived in and around the city ever since. She works as a freelance copywriter and editor, and when she’s not writing, she can be found pounding the streets in running shoes or swimming in muddy lakes.

DS Kate Munro (2 books)
  • Nowhere to be Found (DS Kate Munro #2)

News & Interviews