Start by marking “Hawaii Magic” as Want to Read:

Hawaii Magic

Released as a standalone ebook for the first time, USA TODAY bestselling author Beverly Jenkins works magic on readers with this passionate contemporary romance

Workaholic attorney Anita Hunt is on the job 24/7. She’s looking to make partner, not party. While on a forced vacation in Hawaii, she meets gorgeous pilot Steve Blair. When engine trouble forces them to make a cras
Published April 15th 2019 by Harlequin Special Releases

Start your review of Hawaii Magic
Jess
This was a quick, fun read, but again, I have to stress how much I was not prepared for the helicopter crash. Really, REALLY urge people to read the summary, lol.

On a separate note, I really loved how unapologetic the heroine was about her career and its importance in her life and also the depiction of her family dynamics and that she got to stand up for herself. Really, really appreciated that.

Read for The Ripped Bodice Bingo 2020 square: Set on island
Tina
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes it takes a bad breakup and a forced vacation to make you discover what you REALLY want out of life. The love between Anita and Steve was very sweet. Watching it grow and seeing the things they were willing to do to capture the other's heart made me wish all relationships were this powerful and filled with the trust and excitement as their time together was.
Connie
Short and sweet! Attorney Anita Hunt works too hard and too long. So when her boss sends her on a forced vacation to Hawaii, she never, ever, expected to meet the man of her dreams during a helicopter crash. Pilot Steve Blair is the perfect man for Anita. However, Gregg, her sleazy, cheating fiancee may have a little something to say about that.
Barbie Pomales
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I feel like amazing isnt enough for this book. Ms. Bev only has a short amount of time to convince that the romance between Workaholic Anita and Carefree Steve will work and how they bring love to each others lives and sense of healing I really wanted to find Ferg's story. My favorite part is when Anita stands up to her mom and tells her and her plans to go to hell.
Priscilla
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hot Hot and more Hot

What can U say? Anita was destine for a life of work more work and boredom. After a forced vacation to Hawaii and broken engagement she blossomed and found true romance. Beverly Jenkins never fails to give you magic
Sabrina Hamilton
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a delightful short story

Anita and Steve’s story was so sweet. They were fighting their attraction to one another at first. But once it was on and popping, they couldn’t get enough of one another. Nice ending.
Kay Tyree
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent
Starr
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pre-2020-read
Anita is a hard working lawyer in LA with a fiance, who's climbing the ladder in New York. Her mom is not her biggest supporter and her dad is pushing her to work. Her boss tells her that she is considering her for partner, but first wants her to take a vacation- to make sure she won't work herself to the ground when she gets to partner. So Anita goes to Hawaii. Relunctantly. She treats it as something to be checked off a to do list and has no plans to actually enjoy it. Then sh meets Steve, the ...more
Charlene_Paula
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hawaii, a dream vacation

Hawaii is an island of beauty, peace and where dreams come true. I understand exactly how Steve feels about it, because it's always been my dream place and that magic came true on my honeymoon there. Anita really needed that vacation her boss forced on her. Once she let her guard down and allowed herself to enjoy Steve's company, and to truly see the amazing places he showed her, their attraction took care of the rest. The plan crash was unfortunate, but it gave them tha
Celeste
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Greg lost was Steve's gain

Even with a short, Ms. Beverly Jenkins leads you wanting more and with little nuggets of appreciation. I definitely want to go to Hawaii. It was a perfect backdrop to Steve and Anita's story.

What started out as just a trip to get everything together and recoup turned into something different. Fierce, dedicated, force to be wrecked with Anita meets Steve at a time in her life when are on the outside going well but then bad news happen.

Read this story and go on the journ
Jean
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love Ms Jenkins. This is a quick read. Romance with not a lot of backstory. JMO, Too many wated pages about sexual encounters, could have been used to enhance the story. Love the main characters. Hope she expounds on their story, and the supporting characters
Lucinda Race
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful short story I read it in one sitting. Great characters I rooted for and a great location. Now I want to hop a plane and discover the island for myself.
I'll be reading more from Ms. Jenkins.
Dosha (Bluestocking7) Beard
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Short and sweet. I smiled from the time they got in the helicopter to the very end of the book. What a nice time I had while reading a romance and I can’t wipe the smile off my face. I loved that it was short and I hated to come to the end. An end that I loved btw.
Brenda
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent story.

Two main characters seemed polar opposites at first. The story kept me intrigued. You never know what is going to happen when you go on vacation. Now I want to go to Hawaii based on the descriptions of the places in the book.
Grace
3.5/5 stars. This was very enjoyable, but very short. I would have loved to spend more time with these characters and to see their relationship develop over more pages, if not more time.

Read for Ripped Bodice Bingo 2020: Set on Island
Marlene Roseboro
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hawaii Magic

This was truly an Hawaiian magic journey. I enjoyed reading how Anita and Steve connected with each other.. Beverly Jenkins is one of my favorite authors, have read most of her books.
CAROLYN MCCOY
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Story

I loved the book. The best story. I hope it is more to the story. Beverly Jenkins keep on writing love story.
Ava Smith-forrest
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Magic

Great read I recommend this book watch Steve and Anita fast track their way into love and happiness and don't pop Anita's mother on the way. I really enjoyed this story.
Yvette P Carter
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Magical!

As always Beverly Jenkins has written another's page turner. There is always a great plot and mystery to her novels that makes each on a pleasure to read.
Phyllis Yasutake
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Classic love meets reluctant love

Fun read. Interesting back story twists and turns. Happy ever after ending. My favorite kind of ending. Relax and enjoy
Cynthia Taylor
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Open Mind!

When you open your mind great and amazing things can happen! The unexpected is often the best adventure ever!
#cillasbookmaniacs
Deborah C. Fidderman
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A must read.

I loved the story of Anita and Steve. Beverly Jenkins has done it again. I recommend this book to everyone who loves romance novels.
Laurel Brown
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Short and sweet

Always enjoy Beverly Jenkins. Read this in a couple of hours and was looking for more. Enjoyed this story thoroughly.
Sallie Johnson
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hawaii Magic

I am so glad that the two main characters were able to go threw a life changing experience together and fall in love.
Pamela Arthur
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Nice romantic story

This story was a nice romantic story. The ending was unexpected though. The courting seemed short lived for just a few days together.
Tigger
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Second time reading this story, loved it then and now!
Queen
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hawaii Magic

Hawaii Magic was a good read I enjoy reading this story with Anita and Steve the book was a beautiful love story..
CaroMommie
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was amazing and fun and heated and entertaining and sooooooo good.
K. Davis
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hot and spicy

This was a nIce quick read before bedtime. Frosty gets melted by lava. Ms. Bev has done it again. No more words :)
Michelle Hawkins
Jul 26, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Forget Me Not (Catalina Cove #2)
  • Finding Home Again (Catalina Cove, #3)
  • His to Claim (The Westmoreland Legacy #4)
  • Duty or Desire (The Westmoreland Legacy #5)
  • A Walk in the Park
  • Love in Catalina Cove (Catalina Cove #1)
  • Two Nights in Paris (Brooks Family Book 5)
  • Heart's Desire (Unparalleled Love Series)
  • Deeper Than Love (Brooks Family Book 6)
  • Passion Rekindled (Brooks Family Book 1)
  • Princess of Estoria (Royal Brides #2)
  • Wild Thoughts (Brooks Family Book 3)
  • Solid Soul (Forged of Steele #1)
  • Soul's Desire (Unparalleled Love Series)
  • In Pursuit of You (In The Heart of A Valentine #6)
  • Do Over (Brooks Family Book 2)
  • A Cowboy to Remember (Cowboys of California #1)
  • Claimed by a Steele (Forged of Steele #13)
Beverly Jenkins is the recipient of the 2018 Michigan Author Award by the Michigan Library Association, the 2017 Romance Writers of America Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award, as well as the 2016 Romantic Times Reviewers' Choice Award for historical romance. She has been nominated for the NAACP Image Award in Literature, was featured in both the documentary Love Between the Covers and on CBS ...more