Start by marking “Hoops Holiday” as Want to Read:
Hoops Holiday

Hoops Holiday

(Hoops #2.5)

** Hoops Holiday consists of FULL-COURT PRESS, a HOOPS novella originally published in the TEAM PLAYER Anthology. It has been expanded with all-new, never-before-published content & epilogue.

It also includes Christmas-themed bonus material for LONG SHOT (Iris & August) and BLOCK SHOT (Banner & Jared).

*𝗔𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗙𝗨𝗟𝗟-𝗖𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗧 𝗣𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗦*

MacKenzie Decker was a question Avery never got t
Published December 14th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Hoops Holiday, please sign up.
Kennedy Ryan not quite, but it feels like tomorrow...hehehehe

Start your review of Hoops Holiday
♂️Must Have Book Boyfriends ♂️
OMFGILOOOOOVEDTHISNOVELLA!!!!

It's hard to get a book hangover from a novella, don't you think? It doesn't happen to me very often, but Deck and Avery's story not only pulled me out of my book funk, it gave me book hangover. SO thanks for that Kennedy! *side eyes you*

I legit never wanted this story to end. I wish it was longer, but she told their story PERFECTLY. Full Court Press is sexier than hell. A wonderful and heart felt second chance romance. And their chemistry? OH. GOD. It gave me all t
This was such a cute and somewhat necessary bundle of stories.

I really liked Decker and Avery (will I love every single female heroine names Avery? It looks like it) and their story was both sad and great. I wasn’t that excited at first but they won me over quickly. I really liked them.

Iris & August and Jared & Banner’s stories were my favorites and I just missed them so much. I love them all and I’m so incredibly happy for these couples.

You have no idea how much I’ve enjoyed this series. It su
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
This series is simply gushing with love❣️❣️

Avery and Decker meet 10 years prior, and the attraction was instant. But the timing, was all wrong.....
So flash forward to New York, a decade later and these two come face to face as Deck is filling in on Avery's talk show for 3 weeks as her co-host is out.
The attraction that has been hidden beneath the surface over the last 10 years is still there, simmering but quickly starting to sizzle. Deck is determined not to waste this opportunity to get in
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Ahhh I'm going to keep this review short and sweet. :) This novella made me feel all warm and fuzzy. So thank you very much, Ms.Ryan. <3

And now I can't wait to read "Hook Shot" :)

*ARC kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review. ❤❤❤
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
This story is about a basketball star and a sports reporter. It's about a chance that never was but now could be. It's about finding happiness in oneself in order to realize true happiness with another. It's full of life lessons and truths that could apply to anyone of us. It tackles both joy and pain, attraction and denial, and the wonders of real love. Full-Court Press is short and sweet and sexy and stunning in its complexity.

We both have pasts and we've both had pain, but what we've never
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 “Holiday Cheers” Stars

Kennedy Ryan and her amazing storytelling. Even in a novella, her emotional and deeply powerful words are for a novella to feel like a full novel. A second chance romance - Two people who meet in a locker room, the NBA Star, Decker and the reporter, Avery. But life has a way of not being the right time.....but 10 years later, the time just might be right. But time and life has a way of making romance difficult. The author creates a story that is fully deep and emotional.
Jx PinkLady Reviews ♡ @bookwormthoughts
'Hoops Holiday,' consists of a STANDALONE novella entitled, 'FULL COURT PRESS,' which was previously published in the TEAM PLAYER Anthology but has been expanded with brand new content & a gorgeous epilogue. Avery and Deck's story is not to be missed and a solid example of the writing prowess of Kennedy Ryan. In addition to this, readers and fans of the Hoops series of standalone novels have been gifted bonus story content, so YES, we have been given more Long Shot (August and Iris) and more Blo ...more
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
How does Kennedy Ryan do it?? Repeated perfection! Gah! She’s slays every single time....even when she writes novellas and bonus scenes. I bow down to her greatness.

Here’s what you need to know:
The writing is impeccable. It is signature KR!
The characters are fleshed out and engaging. That’s often hard to do in a novel, but the author does a great job of giving us a sense of who they are and what they’ve been through.
The cast is diverse and witty. That’s always a bonus for me.
The love story is
Malene
Avery and Decker’s connection is obvious to anyone. When I first was introduced to them in Long Shot I could already tell they had chemistry in spades. How they acted around one another and looked at each other only made me want to know their story even more.

In Hoops Holiday I finally got Avery and Decker’s story and it’s filled with lust, attraction, loss and pain. I enjoyed every interaction between them. Just waiting for them to pounce on one another but it wasn’t that easy. They both come w
Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc

I’m super chuffed Hoops Holiday is my first story by Kennedy Ryan—it is packed with depth, emotions, soaring love, heart-wrenching loss, undeniable passion and second chances, all wrapped up within this sweet short story. Reading this wonderfully written narrative makes me even more excited to eventually read Long Shot.

We both have pasts and we've both had pain, but what we've never had was each other.

Avery Hughes has flawless charactersation. She’s a bundle of everything admirable—a
Giorgia ~ Reads
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novellas
5 ⭐️

Am I ever gonna dislike a Kennedy Ryan book? There’s plenty to go through still, but I think not.

Thoughts to come ..
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
Hoops Holiday, a deliciously sexy sports romance between a former professional basketball player and a successful tv show host, was jam packed full of sexual tension and decadent attraction. True to form, Kennedy Ryan layers this steamy little holiday treat with a good dose of angst, some agonizing heartache, and a whole lot of heartfelt emotion. Deck and Avery's novella is an unputdownable page turner and I absolutely loved it.

If you loved Long Shot and Block Shot, you're going to absolutely l
Melanie A.
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku
5 STARS: Deck and Avery
"I want to hear anything you want to tell me, Ave."
Holy swoonworthiness! I loved this! It was polished, clever, romantic, AND hot. Generally, I dislike novellas, but Ms. Ryan has outdone herself here. It's possible that some of the story verged on OTT, but honestly, I ate it up.

5 STARS: August and Iris
"You're my world, Iris."
AUUUUUGGUUUUUST! My ultimate book boyfriend is back, baby! And he's sweeter and hotter than ever. The intimacy between he
Berry ♡ Nice
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Beautiful, Short and Heartwarming

If last night was my only hit, she’s a high I might chase the rest of my life.

Yes this is a novella. A novella written by such a talented author that doesn't just give you ALL The FEELS for the heart she also gives food for thought and I absolutely love that about her.

I didn’t understand that it wasn’t that easy for him. That it wasn’t about trying. It was deeper than that. For him it was harder than that. Maybe he was trying until he just couldn’t try anymo
book bruin
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved Avery and Decker when I first met them in the Team Player anthology and I love them even more now after reading Full Court Press again! The extra content and epilogue were amazing and Kennedy Ryan can write one hell of a novella! This may not be a full length novel, but it plays out just like one and will bring the reader to wonderful highs and heartbreaking lows. It is so well thought out and a brilliant slow burn second chance romance. The raw honesty was captivating and readers will f ...more
TeriLyn
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 "I'll be home for dinner." Stars

Perfect holiday read. Meet new friends if you haven't met them in the Team Player Anthology and reconnect with old ones who you've come to love in the sometimes painful but always blissful HOOPS world created by Kennedy Ryan. All of the characters that make up the HOOPS realm will charm you in this delightful assortment of holiday stories. Bonus content on couples who stay with you is always a huge plus for avid romance readers and this author knows how to pull
⭐ Emerson ⭐
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Everytime I pick up a book by Kennedy Ryan, I fall deeper in love with her writing. Her prose is beautiful and impactful. She tackles difficult subjects with eloquence & grace. Ms. Ryan has quickly become one of my favorite writers. Long Shot Long Shot (Hoops, #1) by Kennedy Ryan was in my top 3 reads of 2018. Everything she writes is gold. ...more
Antonella
2019 is the year I discovered and I fell in love & read many Kennedy Ryan books so it is kind of fitting to close my reading year with her work...this is sweet & emotional novella about side couple from Hoops series!
All I can say is that no one makes me love the heroine in contemporary as much as Kennedy does.

I would like to read more about Jered & Banner as parents that would be amazing...well who am I kidding I would read anything about them!!

Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
This is the perfect Christmas novella and complimented the Hoops novels so well!

FULL COURT PRESS

This can be read as a complete standalone.

It amazes me that Kennedy Ryan can pack such an emotional punch in just a few pages. Avery and Deck are both coming out of failed relationships and they each have a past filled with pain and regret. This is not your holiday Hallmark book. Difficult topics are tackled, however it never became too heavy. Deck brought on the sexy and there is a slight arrogance a
Anne OK
Dec 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
Short and sexy basketball-sports related novella with not a lot of holiday celebration. It was okay for a shorty and fun-to-read what there was of it. It wasn't all sparkles and twinkling lights either -- some angsty sad times faced by the characters in their second chance romance.
The Book Bee
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
REVIEW: 5 Tease-worthy Stars
"This girl - one look and one question tells me I can't have my way with her. I never could resist a challenge."

Getting a new book by an author you love is bliss. Getting an addition to a book you never thought you'd get is like CHRISTMAS!! Kennedy Ryan is a top FIVE author for me. I have read EVERY single one of her books and have loved them all. I love the eloquence in which she tells a story, but I love the truth in her words that much more. It's probably ridic
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ms Ryan writes a full length novel or a short story or now a novella. All with same intensity of emotions, same depth in characters, same subtlety in feelings..... it's uncanny. She is a supreme commander of words, a true markswoman I must say,her words find the target in our hearts. Bullseye, every time!!!!!
Basketball up has a new hero, drop-towel sexy.

description

MacKenzie Decker’s arrogance is tailor-made, draped over him like one of his Armani suits. Fitted to his shoulders by years of fawning fans.
Shayna
“𝘔𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭.”

No one packs quite the emotional punch like Kennedy Ryan. I’m not sure why I continue to be surprised by the fact that her stories have such an emotional impact on me, but I am…and they do! Avery and Decker are such strong, bold characters. I fell in love with them from the very start! Their journey is a rocky one, but no less beautiful and moving. I can’t believe how many FEELS were packed into this novella! Ms. Ryan delivers an absolute shows
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Blogger✦
5 STARS!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

HOOPS Holiday consists of Full-Court Press, a Hoops Novella originally published in the Team Player Anthology. It has been expanded and includes never-before-published content, plus an epilogue!

This story was a short heartfelt and steamy second chance romance!

I first met Decker and Avery in Long Shot and I was immediately intrigued by their relationship, so getting an in-depth story of how they started was a wonderful treat.

10 years of not seeing one another gave both Decker and Aver
Myla
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I first read Full Court Press in Team Player Anthology, I knew I want more of Avery and Decker. Their story just got me, especially what Avery is going through. When I heard that there will be a special holiday book for this couple, I couldn't be happier. And after reading, Hoops Holiday, Kennedy didn't disappoint in bringing back Avery and Decker. I love this updated version. It was cleverly written with scenes that will make you feel and think at the same time. It was indeed an enjoyable ...more
Karen
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awwwwww this book is so sweet, it’s like a toffee fudge sundae with extra caramel sauce.

I first read Full Court Press as part of the Team Player anthology. The re-read made me remember how much I loved Avery and Deck. She’s the ambitious sports journalist, a woman in a man’s world. He’s the cocky player she says no to. But the yes must come!

After all that Avery/Decker happiness along comes August and Iris. It’s a short, sweet update with a little tease of more to come. Lotus is a feisty madam, c
Timitra
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Full Court Press

I enjoyed Full Court Press especially the way it dealt with issues that a lot of people struggle with on a daily basis but is somehow more pronounced this time of year.
Anna Banana
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing

YAASS BITCH YAAS!! THIS BOOK! THIS MOTHER EFFING BOOK!

This novella was exactly what I needed! I was getting so worried I was falling into a book slump after starting and dropping two books back to back but little did I know I just needed some Deck and Avery (not to mention some Iris, August, Keenan and Lo) in my life!

This is a novella that I've been dying to get my hands on since it first came out over a year ago in a previous book. Unfortunately I didn't get the book in time and it w
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 5/ 5 stars

I was so excited for this. Not only did I get to experience Avery and Deck once again in all their glory but I was so looking forward to more August and Jared, ahhh!

I wasn't expecting a novella, a freaking novella to put my emotions through the ringer but boy did it do just that. It's just a little novella but boy does Kennedy Ryan bring the usual feels and sexiness to it like usual. This was a second time read but it hit me just as much as the first time around.

Kennedy brought
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
  • The Dare (Briar U, #4)
  • Nothing Personal
  • The Ex Effect (Washington Wolves, #2)
  • Christmas in the City
  • The Consequence of Falling
  • Unforgettable (Cloverleigh Farms, #5)
  • The Legend (Rivers Wilde, #2)
  • The Play (Briar U, #3)
  • The Guy in the Middle (The Underdogs, #3)
  • A Place Without You
  • The Guy on the Left (The Underdogs, #2)
  • A Secret for a Secret (All In, #3)
  • Irresistible (Cloverleigh Farms, #1)
  • Make Me Bad
  • Old Fashioned (Becker Brothers, #4)
  • The Wrong Game
  • Fortuity (Transcend, #3)
NEWSLETTER:
bit.ly/KRList

BOOKBUB: bookbub.com/authors/kennedy-ryan

AMAZON:

FACEBOOK:
www.facebook.com/KennedyRyanAuthor/

INSTAGRAM: www.instagram.com/kennedyryan1/

KENNEDY RYAN BOOKS - https://www.facebook.com/groups/68160...

I write contemporary romance and women's fiction. I always give my characters their happily ever after, but I love to make them work for it! It's a long road t

Hoops (3 books)