Start by marking “Forget Me Not” as Want to Read:
Forget Me Not

Forget Me Not

I disappeared on a Tuesday afternoon. I was there one minute and the next I was gone. They’ve never found my body…

It’s six in the morning during the hottest summer on record when Elizabeth O’Loughlin, out walking her dog, comes across Clare, a victim of a horrific knife attack, clinging onto life at the side of the road.

Clare dies minutes later, but not before whispering
Published May 30th 2019 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Forget Me Not, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forget Me Not

Dita
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
What a heart thumper!

In true Claire Allen style, this one kicks off with high adrenaline and never lets off the gas.

Elizabeth, banana bread lover, is walking her dog one morning when she discovers Clare by the side of the road, savagely attacked and left for dead. Moments before dying Clare whispers to Elizabeth, "Warn them..."

Warn who??

About what??

Clare's friend Rachel, already reeling from the recent loss of her mother, struggles when she learns about the death of her good friend.

Everyone has
Louise Wilson
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Claire Allan certainly knows how to keep you guessing while reading her books. Elizabeth had been out walking her dog when she found a woman dying from her horrific injuries. I don't want to say much more about the story as I don't want to spoil it. The story is told mainly by Rachel and Elizabeth's point of view. The tension builds from the turn of the first page. It's action packed and full of twists. This is a fast paced, well written and suspenseful read. I quickly added Claire Allan to my f ...more
Amanda
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading Claire Allan’s “My Name Was Rose” I was very excited to start this book and was intrigued with the title “Forget Me Not”

WOW what a beginning!! You are thrown straight into this book, you had me hooked from the start and I was completely oblivious to my surroundings the whole time I was reading this book.

Elizabeth was walking her dog when they stumble upon a woman who has been attacked with a knife. Elizabeth calls for an ambulance and holds the dying woman’s hand. She mutters “Warn
Mark
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Captivating!
Thats how I would ‘sum up’ this 3rd novel from Claire Allen, the term ‘couldn’t put it down’ turns up a lot in reviews ( mine too! ) BUT this really was the case for this book...
The story starts with retired nurse, Elizabeth, finding a brutally murdered woman and hearing her last words...these words send a chill down her spine, little knowing the consequences these words will have on her life......introduce 2 best friends of the victim, in shock and disbelief at what has happened and
Pauline
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Forget Me Not by Claire Allan is was a psychological thriller that kept me guessing.
Elizabeth was out walking her dog when she found a woman dying. The woman had been brutally attacked and it turns out that there was a link to Elizabeth's daughter who had died a few years before.
The woman's friends are now in fear for their lives and the police are trying to find the attacker before he strikes again.
I enjoyed this book and read it in a couple of days. I will be looking out for more from this aut
Mandy White
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Forget Me Not was a book that I read in one afternoon. I have loved all of Clare Allen's books and this one was no exception. Once I started reading it I didn't want to stop. The story had me sucked in from the beginning and held on until the end. The ending had me shocked - I didn't see it coming at all, The characters all had their quirks - not all of them likeable but it worked. And we can't go past that gorgeous cover! Great colours!

Elizabeth is walking her dog early one very hot morning whe
michelle
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forget me not by Clare Allan is the first book by the author and it won’t be my last.
It’s one of the hottest days of the year and Elizabeth O’Loughlin is walking her dog Izzy, when she comes across a woman covered in blood after a horrific attack and just before she dies, she whispers ‘warn them’. Elizabeth is in shock and finds it hard to come to terms to what happened as she, still blames herself for her daughters’ suicide two years previously. She lives alone, on a run-down farm after her dea
Shalini
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book pulled me in, my world went spiraling out. I wanted to live inside the book, be with the characters, peruse them, get to know what they had been hiding for so long.

"Secrets in the past never remain buried long.
Murder and fear make the thriller-y song
Do photos stare at you
Do flowers speak to you
Corny messages they may sound
Poems from unknown keep you bound
Look on the inside more than out
Get to the truth in a bout"

This was the basic arc of the book. 3 best friends, one killed and the oth
Sheri
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it

Elizabeth, walking her dog one morning, is horrified to find the barely alive body of a woman, the victim of a vicious attack. Clare is only able to whisper a few words before she dies.

Rachel, one of Clare’s best friends, is understandably traumatised by the death of her friend. But as it turns out, that’s only the beginning of the nightmare for Rachel.

I didn’t really engage with the character of Rachel, which is unfortunate as she’s the main narrator (there are also sections from Elizabeth’s po
Karen Whittard
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forget me not is jam packed full of secrets, surprises, twists and turns. When you think that you know what is happening and who the killer is you have to think again. It isn’t until the author wants you to figure it out. That you manage to piece everything together.
Stina
A tense psychological thriller that keeps you guessing, FORGET ME NOT by Claire Allan is the first I have read by this author - and it won't be my last. It is tight, it is twisted, it is heart-stopping! I would often fall asleep late into the night reading it, I didn't want to put it down!

Elizabeth O'Loughlin is on a morning walk with her dog Izzy (and throughout the whole book I hoped and prayed nothing untoward would happen to Izzy. Thank you Allan for not taking the story in that direction) w
Clare

With thanks to Netgalley and Avon for this ARC in exchange for an open and honest review.

I discovered Claire Allan earlier this year when I read Apple Of My eye. When I discovered she was releasing Forget Me Not I was excited to read it.

During a heat wave pensioner Elizabeth O`Laughlin decided to take her dog for walk before the heat set in for the day. During their walk Elizabeth found a woman badly injured in the road. Elizabeth held the dying woman's hand and she slipped away, before she died
Rosemary Standeven
This book has a rather unusual start: it begins with the murdered woman’s last thoughts. No clues about how or why Clare died. That is the last you hear from her, though her best friends – Rachel and Julie – now take up the baton and fill in her personality and life. No-one can quite grasp why anybody would want to kill “my friend smiling from her Facebook page. My friend who’d got the most contagious laugh in the world.” Clare seems to have been universally loved. Last seen “she’d been so happy ...more
ʚϊɞ Shelley ʚϊɞ
This is a story that explores the consequences when a good person makes a bad decision that she finds impossible to live with, and who becomes trapped by the deceptions and manipulations by a psychopath. Frustrations turn to fear and terror that keep the reader guessing and intrigued, and unwilling to put the book down.

I enjoyed the characters and the pace at which the book was presented. The author didn't dwell too long on situations and kept me wanting to know what is next. This book may have
The Book Review Café
Review to follow for the blog tour
Claire Wilson
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Forget me not is another fantastic read from Claire Allan. When Elizabeth discovers the horrific injuries of a young girl while walking her dog, The girl passes away from her injuries, but not before whispering something to Elizabeth. Another thrilling read by this author, who is becoming a firm favourite. 4 stars
Vikki Patis
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another gripping thriller from Claire Allan, full of twists and intricate threads. It makes you wonder how much we can hold people responsible for their past actions, and whether people can change. Whether we should give people the opportunity to change. An enjoyable, insightful read.
Shelby
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
In Derry, Ireland, 41-year old Clare Taylor is found brutally murdered on the side of the road. Her last words whispered were “warn them,” springing the police into an investigation to find Clare’s killer and protect any future victims. We follow the perspectives of two women—Elizabeth and Rachel—during the investigation, putting the pieces together, uncovering what happened to Clare Taylor.

Elderly local, Elizabeth, was out walking her dog when she discovered Clare. Her last words will forever
Lou
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh my, this is a tense, taut and twisty thriller with a chilling premise and suspense by the bucketload. Once I had turned the first few pages it had me hook, line and sinker, and I was completely engrossed. I cannot explain to you just how much intense suspense there is amongst these pages, but I found my heart pounding at certain points as the tension was ratcheted up. This is Ms Allan's third novel and it's clear from the opening chapter that this her best to date. It is a race-against-the-cl ...more
Liz
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A really gripping plot that made me keep turning the pages.
Eva
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
And Claire Allan strikes again! Yowza!

Early one morning, Elizabeth sets out walking her dog when she comes across a young woman called Clare, who’s been the victim of a knife attack. Sadly, Clare dies minutes later while Elizabeth holds her hand, but not before whispering two haunting words. A series of events soon show Clare’s killer is on a mission. Can her killer be stopped from achieving their aim?

This is one of those books you just can’t put down once you’ve started reading. The prologue al
Louise Beech
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Claire Allan's latest is darker, oh, is it ever. And it's just as addictive as her previous. What's not to love about a murdered girl whispering two final, terrifying words to the woman who finds her? Who is going to easily put down a book where creepy bunches of Forget-Me-Nots are then sent to her friends? Not me. I was hooked. I read this in a few sittings, and so will you. Highly recommend.
Helena Jonas
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a tight and twisted thriller with a killer opening section that hooked me in immediately. The main characters - Rachel, Clare and Elizabeth - are clearly linked and I was desperate to work out why, but Allan's writing kept me guessing.
I love the title and that it links with the flowers that recur in the story. A great read, thank you to Netgalley!
Meggy
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it

I'd like to thank Sabah and Avon Books UK for inviting me to be part of this blog tour and for providing me with a copy of this book.

First things first: COVER LOVE. I’m a shoes lover, and my favourite colour is red, so imagine my enthusiasm when I received my copy of Forget Me Not!

Let’s not beat around the bush. I am waiting for the day I will discover a body during a walk with the dogs. Seriously. I am! Not that I’d be happy about it, but I need to face it, the stats points in that direction.

Connie Fischer
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Elizabeth is up early and ready to take her dog, Izzy, for a walk before the heat gets too oppressive. When Izzy starts barking, Elizabeth finds a young woman, barely breathing, and whose throat has been cut. Elizabeth calls for an ambulance and tries to comfort the woman who says “warn them” and then passes away.

The woman’s name is Clare. She, Rachel, and Julie all went to school together and have been friends for years. Her friends and their families are devastated. Who could have killed their
Julie Lacey
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic book that had me hooked from the first few pages.
Elizabeth discovers Clare dying beside the road early one morning and whilst she tries to help, Clare passes away in front of her.
She can’t forget the last words she said to her, but they make no sense.
Rachel and Julie are devastated to hear that their best friend has been murdered and do all they can to help the Police piece her life together.
Rachel’s marriage is not great and the affair she has recently started is all tha
peggy
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading her last two books which kept me thoroughly entertained I was expecting more of the same. I am really glad to say that this is another page turner.
The narrative is divided between two women Elizabeth a former nurse now retired and Rachel a teacher. I read this book in one sitting. I HAD TO KNOW!!! Insights into a broken marriage, secrets, lies and how consequences have actions.
A fantastic psychological thriller which in places had me sat on the edge of my seat and holding my breat
Jeanniehay64
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve just finished this fantastic book after falling asleep with it in my hands I didn’t want to stop reading as it came to a heart stopping end. I have read all of Claire’s books and for me her writing is just getting better and better.

There are so many great characters in this book and the twists and turns are amazing. The writing is flawless and the pace kept me hooked and had me guessing right to the end ( even though I was completely off the mark when the murderer was revealed. ) What a tw
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Forget Me Not starts with a bang and doesn't really let up throughout. It combines convincing characters, an intriguing plot and plenty of tension, and although it includes elements of a police procedural, it's much more of a pyschological thriller and focuses on various people involved in different ways with the murder of a woman called Clare. Elizabeth finds her whilst out walking her dog, and holds her hand whilst she dies - finding herself unable to think about anything else but this awful e ...more
Kat
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my second book from the brilliant Claire Allan and it was just as good if not better than the first. A twisted and gripping tale that I read in just a couple of days, told from alternating points of view it certainly was a “ page- turner”. I did have a few suspicions about the perpetrator and I was right but the book was written in such a good way that it never spoiled my enjoyment at all. The plot was well thought out, the characters believable but not always likeable but for me that ad ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »