Start by marking “Forget Me Not” as Want to Read:
Forget Me Not

Forget Me Not

I disappeared on a Tuesday afternoon. I was there one minute and the next I was gone. They’ve never found my body…

It’s six in the morning during the hottest summer on record when Elizabeth O’Loughlin, out walking her dog, comes across Clare, a victim of a horrific knife attack, clinging onto life at the side of the road.

Clare dies minutes later, but not before whispering
Expected publication: May 30th 2019 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Forget Me Not, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forget Me Not

Pauline
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Forget Me Not by Claire Allan is was a psychological thriller that kept me guessing.
Elizabeth was out walking her dog when she found a woman dying. The woman had been brutally attacked and it turns out that there was a link to Elizabeth's daughter who had died a few years before.
The woman's friends are now in fear for their lives and the police are trying to find the attacker before he strikes again.
I enjoyed this book and read it in a couple of days. I will be looking out for more from this aut
Jeanniehay64
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve just finished this fantastic book after falling asleep with it in my hands I didn’t want to stop reading as it came to a heart stopping end. I have read all of Claire’s books and for me her writing is just getting better and better.

There are so many great characters in this book and the twists and turns are amazing. The writing is flawless and the pace kept me hooked and had me guessing right to the end ( even though I was completely off the mark when the murderer was revealed. ) What a tw
Jenifer Webster
I was disappointed in this book. I finished it-reluctantly, but I made it through. The characters were very uninteresting and mundane. The element of suspense was non-existent and there were too many repeating details. The number of times the characters were interviewed by the police was mind boggling. I found myself thinking, "Just get on with it already!' The author's style of writing was very easy to read, but the idea development is lacking. A LOT of the book could be cut out and more suspen ...more
Morgan Schulman
I received an advanced reader’s copy in exchange for an honest review

None of this made any sense to me. The characters weren’t really likable even before the bullying is revealed. The ending is a flash-flood where three non-evil minor characters are revealed to be the same evil person in a way that makes no sense based on the previous storyline and only serves to end the book.
Just no.

Merged review:

I received an advanced reader’s copy in exchange for an honest review

None of this made any sense
Dawn
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Elizabeth is taking an early walk with her dog when she discovers Clare who has been murdered. As she does in her arms she whispers something to Elizabeth. Clare’s friends Rachel and Julie are besides themselves with grief but they also appear to be in danger and how are they linked to Elizabeth?

This was a good read and I really enjoyed it. I know my book club will like this one!
Kat
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my second book from the brilliant Claire Allan and it was just as good if not better than the first. A twisted and gripping tale that I read in just a couple of days, told from alternating points of view it certainly was a “ page- turner”. I did have a few suspicions about the perpetrator and I was right but the book was written in such a good way that it never spoiled my enjoyment at all. The plot was well thought out, the characters believable but not always likeable but for me that ad ...more
Sarah Waldron
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you so much to Claire Allan and Avon Books for this ARC in return for an honest review.

Elizabeth O’Loughlin lives alone in her farm house with her dog. One early morning when out on a walk, she unfortunately finds Clare, fighting for her life following a brutal attack. Clare doesn’t hold on for long, but manages to whisper her frightening last words to Elizabeth before she slips away. Elizabeth is burdened with this message and knows that she must take action in order to stop anyone else b
Amanda Evans
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
"Warn them." These were the last words spoken by Claire as she lay dying in a ditch at the side of the road. Elizabeth O'Loughlin, the poor old woman who sat beside her holding her hand. But who was Elizabeth supposed to warn and who had inflicted the horrifying injuries to Claire's body.

This is the beginning of the latest crime novel from Northern Ireland author, Claire Allan, and oh my god, what a story it is.

The writing is flawless, the characters are so real, and I was hooked from the firs
Sheri
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it

Elizabeth, walking her dog one morning, is horrified to find the barely alive body of a woman, the victim of a vicious attack. Clare is only able to whisper a few words before she dies.

Rachel, one of Clare’s best friends, is understandably traumatised by the death of her friend. But as it turns out, that’s only the beginning of the nightmare for Rachel.

I didn’t really engage with the character of Rachel, which is unfortunate as she’s the main narrator (there are also sections from Elizabeth’s po
Helen Leecy
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve only read one other Claire Allan book which I thoroughly enjoyed, so when this one became available on NetGalley, I jumped at the chance to receive an advanced copy. I’m so glad that the first book I read wasn’t a fluke as I think this one was even better.
I was hooked from the prologue and couldn’t put it down until I knew who the killer was and why.
I liked the seriousness of the book, and that the police were involved and were doing everything they could. So often with psychological thrill
Andrea Pole
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Forget Me Not by Claire Allan is another wonderful thriller by this talented and exciting author. Compulsively readable, and full of shocking twists and compelling characters, this is a gripping read that I simply could not put down.

The novel is presented from the alternating perspectives of Rachel and Elizabeth, who are initially linked by an horrific murder. But just how deep a connection these two women share will gradually be unravelled over the course of an intensive police investigation.

Ra
Heather
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you NetGalley and Avon Books UK
for this ARC in exchange for an honest review! Publish date is 5/30/19.

While walking her dog one morning, Elizabeth comes across a woman who is barely clinging to life. Just before she breathes her last breath she whispers her final, chilling words to Elizabeth. It soon becomes obvious that the killer is still out there making threats. Can the killer be stopped in time?

This was such a great book! The story is told from the perspectives of two women, Elizabeth
Apr 18, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like "Her Name Was Rose" by the same author, I found this book interesting while I read it, but there are a few things that spoiled my enjoyment.
Firstly the prologue is confusing and doesn't really fit, 'my body was never found' ? Really?
The only character I really got to know was Rachel (unless you count Elizabeth and her penchant for banana bread as 'knowing' someone) and even she was superficial.
When the reveal comes (I had guessed who it was very early on, although not that he had adopted
Gillian Nolan
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Forget Me Not by Claire Allen 🖤
Thanks @netgalley @avon_books for my ARC
Publication date 30th May 2019
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
This was just another fantastic psychological mystery thriller. I literally couldn’t put this down. •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
‘Warn them’. Those the last words of a dying woman found in a ditch. This is the beginning of the new book by Northern Irish author Claire Allan. This book was an absolute rollercoaster, the writing is brilliant and the chara
Sue K
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a well written thriller set in Northern Ireland about 3 close friends who met at school, one of whom is found on the roadside dying. She is found by Elizabeth, a middle aged lady who lives on her own not knowing at this early stage the ramifications of finding the woman will have.

I thought this was very well plotted and certainly a page turner. I sort of guessed who the perpetrator would be early one which took the sting out of the tale a little but it certainly grabbed me through to the
Elaine's Reviews
Apr 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Forget Me Not is Claire Allan's third psychological thriller. Having read and loved Her Name Was Rose and Apple of My Eye, I was thrilled to have been gifted an e-arc of this book.

Told in the alternating voices of Elizabeth (who finds Clare's body) and Rachel (Clare's friend), who are linked initially through the murder of Clare, Forget Me Not is a fast paced and suspenseful read with secrets a plenty. I did guess the murdered but that didn't take away from my enjoyment of the book.

I read this
Clazzzer C
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this read, my first from Claire Allan. I have another on my Kindle ready to start now. It was an easy read which kept me interested throughout as I eagerly read on to discover the identity of the perpetrator. Admittedly I had no idea at all who was guilty.
The style of writing appealed to me, it was easy to follow, not too taxing and flowed well. The language used throughout want too complex and was well connected so that the plot flowed and kept me interested in all that would
Kayleigh Brown
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love a good psychological thriller and this ticked all the boxes. Ultimately a story of friendship, the desire to be liked, accepted and included. Touching on the relationship between mother and child and husband and wife. A tragic tale of one characters suicide and how those who loved her dealt with her loss. Lives changed in a bid to get justice for her. A twisty, gripping and enthralling read.
Jen
Apr 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
This book was predictable and really dragged on. I skipped through a lot of the irrelevant details, and the main characters weren't likeable enough to keep me caring in their fate.. I also thought Molly should have been a four-year-old with how she could communicate. A minor detail, but I don't think a younger child could have conceptualized what she did.
Mel Anne
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Claire Allan's Forget Me Not is a page turning thriller destined to be the perfect summer read. Told in Dual perspectives we learn about the murder of a middle aged woman how the ties that connect the two characters.

Forget Me Not had me fully engaged from the first page to the last. I cannot wait to read more from Claire Allan.

Cheryl
Apr 17, 2019 rated it liked it
I found this to be a good read, it kept me guessing all the way through as to who the killer was, I had made several guesses before getting it right. I like the style of writing and will be reading more by this author.
Angie
Mar 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Read in a day so it's certainly engaging. I enjoyed the writing and the twists but found the prologue confusing. As an aside, I loved the old 90s cultural references. I would read this author's work again.
Lindsay
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I read this In one sitting as I had to know who was responsible for the death of their friend. It’s a thrilling chase of a book which kept me changing my mind from one page to the next over who was responsible and what would happen next.
Brenda Steele
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely brilliant!!!!
Gemma
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received the book from netgalley. Absolutely adored it and finished it in one day. I was completely gripped throughout and had no idea how it would end! Highly recommend it
Claire Wilson
Mar 30, 2019
Katie
Apr 03, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Claire Allan: Forget Me Not. Vlog review by @jonesingforagoodbook at www.instagram.com/jonesingforagoodboo....
Katie
Mar 28, 2019
Jen LaRowe
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a really well written psychological thriller. It did take a little while to pick up, but once it did I couldn't put it down. I had so many theories running in my head as I was reading. The characters were hard to relate to at some points which is why I only gave 4 stars instead of 5.
Linda Phillips
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to Claire Allen and @netgalley for the ARC of Forget Me Not.
At 6am on a summers morning Elizabeth is walking her dog when she comes across Clare, the victim of a knife attack, Clare dies moments later, but not before she tells Elizabeth something. I enjoyed this book, well written and nice fast pace. I did pretty much figure out what was going on, but that didn't take away from the book as I was still unsure.