Start by marking “Her Guilty Secret (Guilty as Sin, #1)” as Want to Read:
Her Guilty Secret (Guilty as Sin, #1)

Her Guilty Secret

(Guilty as Sin #1)

Idealistic law student Olivia Amorelli is done being the good girl…and professor Connor Hughes is teaching her to be guilty as sin!

Hotshot defense attorney and visiting professor Connor Hughes is so hot it’s criminal! Tall, dark and dangerously gorgeous, with green eyes as vivid as a sunlit ocean and tattoos in all the right places. I might not agree with his practices, bu
Kindle Edition, 1st edition
Published February 1st 2019 by Harlequin Dare

To ask other readers questions about Her Guilty Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Guilty Secret

Kristy K
3.5 Stars

Omg. This was 100% smut and I loved it. I needed to escape from the world for a bit and become immersed in a fictional one that allowed me to shut off my thoughts and emotions for a bit. And this did exactly that.

There was definite chemistry between the two characters, Olivia and Connor. Each page practically sizzled. But it wasn’t just physical. They mentally waged war as well and those may have been my favorite part.

Her Guilty Secret has more depth than I thought it would and I thou
Anja H.
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
*2.25 GUILTY STARS*

Unfortunately I didn't enjoy this as much as I expected.
The characters felt very one dimensional and the constant (unannounced) POV switching was very annoying because it disturbed the flow of events.
I found that the story lacked depth and I just couldn't connect to any of the characters nor the way they thought or acted. They are both very attracted to one another and have sex a couple of times, and suddenly they love eachother? Yeah no.

I usually love the student x teacher tr
Shirley Cuypers
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Original review

This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Clare Connelly!

Her Guilty Secret is the first book in the Guilty As Sin series and tells the story of Olivia and Connor. Olivia is Connor’s student, but she cannot get him out of her head…

Her Guilty Secret is the second book I’ve read by Clare Connelly and it was such a good book. I remember loving Off Limits because I really liked the writing and I was hooked from the first page. Her Guilty Secret wa
Amanda
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Her Guilty Secret by Clare Connelly sweeps you off your feet from page one! Articulate, sexy, fluent prose breathes life into Connor and Olivia. I was blown away by this story! The romantic buildup is hot, explosive goodness and there were many instances where I had to fan myself. If you haven’t picked up a Mills and Boon Dare yet then I definitely suggest you grab a copy of this beauty. You will not be disappointed. Trust. Me. It’s that fabulous.

Highly Recommended
5 Stars
Heather andrews
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't think Connor knows what to do with Olivia's brutal honesty, ‘do you make a habit of imagining your professors in the buff?’ Connor likes to be helpful with tasks, ‘well, you. But I’ll watch. And help you lick the bowl.’ His wink is slow and so full of heat.' I liked this book, I fell in love with Connor.
Helen
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a powerfully emotional story, black and white, good and bad, opposites meet and forbidden love evolves in a classroom, one that had me turning the pages as Connor and Olivia have a secret affair that is so very, very erotic, hot and steamy but so moving and emotional, wow.

Olivia Amorelli is studying law at a top school in London she is determined to fight for the good justice to beat the criminals and do what has to be done to be the best prosecutor, but her professor Connor Hughes is ma
Gayle
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deliciously naughty.
Cheeky and risqué.
Professor and student.
Connor and Olivia.
A romance so unbelievably forbidden.

Good lord what a read!

A super quick read for me, I devoured it within hours, sucked into a world where rules were broken in the sexiest of ways and I couldn’t get enough.
Such a playful and wicked read that I enjoyed immensely.
But what I grabbed me the most was Clare Connelly’s ability to create a WHOLE lot of anticipation in such a short read. The build-up had me holding my breath
Zubee
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Wow ... Clare Connelly really piled on the intensity and passion with this book ...
H is hotshot defense attorney who is 'finding' himself after defending a criminal. h is idealistic law student who adamantky maintains she is not interested in being recruited by his firm.
h is Italian; a fabulous cook, very intelligent and beautiful ... H is very sexy and intense ... their affair / chemistry is hot ...
She helps him realise his conscience and change the career path he is on ...
All in all, CC combi
Janet Rodman
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Olivia Amorelli is a law student with a bright future ahead of her. She will have her pick of jobs when she graduates. A visiting professor, defense barrister Connor Hughes, could derail all of that. Connor took the position in London because he had reservations about a person he just had acquitted so he decided to escape for a little while. Both Olivia and Connor play a dangerous game. If it is discovered that they are having an affair, Olivia will be expelled and her career over. Both are at o ...more
Batya Abruzi
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good!! Kept me intrigued and wanting more throughout the book!
3.5 Stars
Avid Reader
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Her Guilty Secret (Guilty as Sin #1) by Clare Connelly
M/F Romance
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

This was a book of pure lust. Olivia is a student and Connor is her professor. While that might seem slightly taboo, everyone is of age.

Connor is wanting to get away from his career for a while. He is a high powered, highly sought after defense attorney who is known for getting his clients off on technicalities and for questioning the law to it's very edges.

Olivia
Kari Hansen
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Connor is a successful defense attorney who believes that everyone deserves a good defence but that doesn’t mean he likes his clients. After his last case he is taking a break to teach a law class for a semester.

Olivia wants the guilty are punished and that innocent are protected and her dream job is to work for the Prosecutors office to ensure that happens.

They may be on opposite sides of the law but from their first meeting the chemistry is electric. Even though it could damage both their care
Lesley
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
The Harlequin DARE line is definitely a sexier and edgier read and I loved the story of Connor and Olivia. Connor has made his mark in the legal world, but needs a breather after a particularly hard case so he agrees to teach law for a semester. Olivia is his student. School rules prohibit them from being together, but they take the chance anyway.

I enjoyed their struggle with being together, but yet having to keep it a secret. In different places in their lives, the challenges they faced were we
Bette Hansen
Good girl law student Olivia Amorelli can't believe she's stuck in a class with visiting defense attorney Connor Hughes as the professor. Sure he's sinfully sexy and nice to look at but the way he manipulates the law rubs her the wrong way. Too bad her libido overrules her brain when he tempts her into a forbidden romance.

This one was just an ok read for me. There was something about the flow of the story that just didn't work for me. Also, I never really connected with these characters.
Sheena
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dropped, netgalley
I've received a ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Wasn't a big fan of the format of the story. Seems out of sort, disorganized and was a turn off. Besides that, the POV changed so often that it was kind of hard to decipher who was talking at the time and threw off the flow of the entire story. Definitely wasn't engaging enough and the characters... What a joke.

Overall, the summary was a lot more entertaining than the actual story itself. Not worth the time nor effort to finish
Claire
I really enjoyed this, what starts out as a full blown case of lust, turns into so much more. There's a few very hot scenes in the first half when Connor and Olivia are fighting the chemistry that pulls them together despite the illicit nature of the relationship they are about to undertake. That both would willingly give in to something that could destroy their careers says a lot about just how strong that chemistry was. I loved the interaction between these two and kept hoping that they could ...more
Samantha
Always the good girl Olivia follows the rules and does what she is suppose to. She’s close to graduation and becoming a lawyer, but there is one thing that just might get in her way. Her professor. Connor has made a life for him self being a defense lawyer but his last case has made it so he’s not sure about anything taking a job teaching should help right?

They can’t stop the attraction between the them but acting on it could get them both into serious trouble. Olivia May walk on the wild side
T Van
Dec 18, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The POVs switched without warning, and the layout in the review copy wasn't great. I had some issues with folks from across the pond sounding exactly like folks from the US, and the characters, while not flat, weren't super-compelling, or even believably connected, especially after the summer law "do." Just a "meh" read for me overall, though it wasn't irredeemable.
Jeanne
Mar 18, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is balance for everything. Yet when final year law student Olivia can't stop fantasizing about her professor the balance shifts. Connor took the summer term professor job to clear his mind and get perspective. He never imagined a slip of a girl would tempt him to break all his rules.
Rhonda
Dec 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Her Guilty Son by Clare Connelly was just an ok read for me. This is the second book I've read by the author and I just think unfortunately her writing style just doesn't work for me.
I received an advance reader copy via Netgalley.
Meghan
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super quick and easy read. The switch back and forth on POV was a little frustrating at first but you get used to it. It felt like the ending was a bit rushed but I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Miriam Wolfe
This is a voluntary review of an advanced copy.

It really took me a while to get into this story, partly because I could not understand how Olivia could risk her whole career on a fling with her professor, and partly because the way the book was set up was hard to tell the POV, so it was confusing when it switched so abruptly.

It was not until probably 3/4 of the way into the book, that things got interesting and then I could not put the book down. At the point, I really got into the story and fel
Liz
Mar 24, 2019
Melinda
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Her Guilty Secret” is full of hot, sexy, passionate and swoon-worthy characters- a must read. Clare Connelly is a master at sexy, thrilling romance. Would recommend
Anthea Cuddihy
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, arc, loved-up
Her guilty secret is a red-hot relationship that could ruin them both.

Olivia is almost finished her law studies, and has her dream career all mapped out. Visiting professor Connor knows how risky a relationship with Olivia would be for them both, but they are powerless to resist each other... and so starts their sizzling, sexy affair.

description

Normally I'm not a fan of this kind of trope, with its wildly unbalanced power relationship, but author Clare Connelly has done a really fantastic job of showing
Lynn
rated it did not like it
Feb 02, 2019
Yo
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story is about a brilliant, passionate, idealistic third year law student who is drawn to her visiting professor. She is all that is good, and he, being a criminal defense lawyer who just turned the legal world upside down with his successful defense of a horrible human being, is everything dark and conflicted.

This book was so much more than a steamy read, but it was definitely steamy. There was actually quite a lot to take in about the story--which I prefer. It is very well written withou
l
Feb 10, 2019
MarylineD
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Her Guilty Secret" by Clare Connelly.

My first time reading that author.

Between 3.5 and 4 stars.
A love story about hot teacher and student. Well written, good characters, interesting story, good pace.
Not just about lust like some stories but not the best connection either.
We've all wished for a teacher like that at some point.
But the different POVs weren't always clear and it was a little bit confusing.

Thank you NetGalley and Harlequin for letting me read this book for an honest review. All
« previous 1 3 next »
Clare Connelly writes romance that will set your soul on fire. She is the best-selling author of more than fifty indie romance novels and in August 2017 published her debut novel for Harlequin Presents, and also writes for Harlequin Dare. She reads and writes romance voraciously, and lives in a small bungalow by the sea with her lovely husband, two small children and a hard-working team of MacBook ...more

Guilty as Sin (2 books)