Start by marking “Bonjour Shanghai (Bonjour Girl #2)” as Want to Read:
Bonjour Shanghai (Bonjour Girl  #2)

Bonjour Shanghai

(Bonjour Girl #2)

Clementine Liu is back for more fashion, dating, and drama!

Clementine Liu, the super-stylish fashion student behind the Bonjour Girl blog, is about to finish her first eventful year in New York City. Ready to put all the drama behind her, she’s about to embark on a prestigious exchange program — in Shanghai!

Before Clementine actually sets foot in China, though, a whole
Published November 2nd 2019 by Dundurn

To ask other readers questions about Bonjour Shanghai, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bonjour Shanghai

Start your review of Bonjour Shanghai (Bonjour Girl #2)
Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
Bonjour Shanghai, a City of Romance, Fashion and… Blogging?!

The setting is clearly why I wanted to read Bonjour Shanghai. I love learning about and exploring cities in Asia. When culture, people and scenery come together to create a lovely atmosphere it also makes a story feel more unique and satisfying. But this book also has the distinction of being a new adult novel, about a college age girl.

Did the Shanghai in Bonjour Shanghai sweep away this Fangirl?
I didn’t realize that Bonjour Shanghai
amanda
Sep 03, 2019 marked it as dnf
DNF

I tried very hard to get into the book, the story, the characters but found that no matter how hard I tried it was impossible. The characters all seemed to be stereotypes of one another and superficial to the point of unlikability.

The cover is really cute however.

Thank you to netgalley and the publisher for this copy of my Arc. All opinions are my own.
Kitty Marie
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Starting with the good-

This is one of the fastest reads I've come across in a long time. I'd read a few books around the 300 page mark around this time. Bonjour Shanghai is only slightly shorter than that and I zoomed through it in a couple of hours. The writing style is simple in ways that are both good and bad, the good being its brisk readability.

While the details about Shanghai are sparse, Clementine (the heroine) does make some worthwhile observations. For example, she is very interested in
Liralen
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, travel, ya, 2019, asia, reviewed
The return of the fashion pixie dream girl! This series just isn't for me, I'm afraid, and I'll try to remember that if there's a third book at some point. Again, everybody is head over stiletto-clad heels for the fashion pixie: heaping accolades upon her, wanting to date her, throwing fancy clothing and apartments and makeup in her direction. There's definitely meant to be a fantasy-life undertone here, and there is a bit more conflict in this one (yay), but I needed more to underpin the ...more
Mindy
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
**Disclaimer: I received a free electronic ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.**

Well, this was a rather quick read. When I requested for this ARC I was not aware that this was a sequel. Fortunately, I was able to grasp the gist of the story and what happened in the previous book. On the downside, I wasn't able to experience the character development that may have occurred in the previous book and any drama that was glossed over in this book.

Overall, I was not much of a fan of
Storme
Aug 18, 2019 marked it as did-not-finish
DNF at 13%. Terrible dialogue and super uninteresting to me.
Lori Harris
Disclaimer: I received an ARC through Edelweiss, but all opinions are my own.

(I'm freaking surprised I have an ARC of this, and I thought I was going to get denied, because I haven't reviewed too much books on their. 1/6 now, but I swear I'll get to them. Please, publishers, I promise I will send you those reviews. They're ebooks, and I take forever to read them it seems like)
Tina
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Bonjour Shanghai was a fun read for me.

As always, I learned more about fashion and as a bonus, I learned more about Shanghai.

Let's face it, would Shanghai be your first thought to travel to? It wouldn't be mine, but I found the descriptions of Shaghai to be mesmerizing - I felt as though I could easily picture the sites in my head, without even knowing very much about Asia.

The strength of these books is, in my opinion, twofold.

1) a strong female character who isn't perfect, but grows with each
Jelke Lenaerts
This book has content warnings for sexual assault and gambling addiction.
I RECEIVED A GALLEY OF THIS BOOK THROUGH NETGALLEY.

I hate the fact that I requested this on Netgalley before reading the first one because I just really didn't want to spend more time with these characters ... Gosh ... I just ... I was in pain throughout most of this book. The main character is so dramatic and everyone just goes along with it like it's normal. Nothing is ever her fault. (view spoiler)
Leah
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2019, ya
Sometimes you want a little bit of brain candy - something light and fluffy that you don't have to think too deeply about, but is still fun and has you rooting for the characters and their happy endings.

If that's what you're seeking, look elsewhere.

I hadn't realized that this was a sequel when I downloaded it, and based on reading this book, I won't be seeking out the first. This was like the clothing and destination descriptions of Crazy Rich Asians without the satisfying snark and the author's
Sahar
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arcs
Disclaimer: I received this as an ARC for free from NetGalley in exchange for my review.

This book took me forever to read, and not because it was something I wanted to savor. The plot was pretty straightforward, but it somehow took 280 pages to get through. Clementine, an eco-conscious fashion blogger, goes on an exchange program to Shanghai, where she is supposed to work on her fashion career. Instead, this gets sidelined by all the men in her life. Her boyfriend, who it’s hard to see why she’s
Renee
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
Claudio Rodrigo
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you so much to both the publisher and Netgalley for providing an e-arc in exchange for a review.

I went into this book not realizing that it was the 2nd book in a series and i was like....should i even read this? To my surprise it didn't tarnish my enjoyment as it didn't feel like i was missing out on too much context, except for the constant reminder on how she was always getting bullied. Liked many aspects of this book especially the ones about sustainable fashion and blogging. Was going
Jesssiereads
Sep 29, 2019 rated it liked it
This book is I guess a sequel. Didn’t know about it until I saw other people’s reviews. But either way this way a quick read.

Clementine Liu runs Bonjour Girl. She’s passionate about fashion. Wants to protect the environment. On an exchange program to Shanghai. She also has a boyfriend back home. But yet she meets a boy.

A first time reader. This is a teen romance with bunch of drama and travel.

*Received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.*
Sveta Agaeva
Apr 25, 2019 rated it liked it
It is quite a fast read, and if you like contemporary, you'll probably like it. I like how it promotes being more responsible as a consumer, I think it is a very important topic in times of fast fashion. So if contemporary (though it does have major romance tropes that I personally don't like), fashion, blogging and being eco conscious are your things, you'll love this book
🌈⭐️RoseOfRainbows⭐️🌈💕
Fashionista fierce, awe inspiring and most definitely tres chic. Everything needed from a fashion forward novel and then some. 5/5 stars
Tanya Dyck
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
*Disclaimer, I recieved this book as a arc from netgally"

When I requested this book I was not aware that it was a sequel. I am trying so hard to finish it but it is just not grabbing me.
Doris Raines
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LIKE THIS BOOK DRUMMA FREE THATS ME,
Anabel
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily read and reviewed and advanced copy of this book, received through NetGalley in exchange for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

When I requested an ARC of this book I wasn't aware that this was a sequel. Luckily, it was quite easy to understand the main storylines and what had happened in the previous book, Bonjour Girl. However, I felt like the characters weren't developing along, maybe because I missed all that growth in the previous novel.

The plot of this
Jan 01, 2019
Tripp
Jan 03, 2019
Isabelle
Jan 04, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Isabelle Lalande
SoKawaiiBebe
Apr 02, 2019
Saruta Valentine
Apr 03, 2019

• The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • Mooncakes
  • Orange: The Complete Collection, Volume 1 (Orange: The Complete Collection, #1)
  • Resurrection Girls
  • Imaginary Friend
  • 化物語 1 (Bakemonogatari: Monster Tale Manga, #1)
  • Trapeze
  • Songs from the Deep
  • Don't Date Rosa Santos
  • Fence #11 (Fence, #11)
  • Fence #12 (Fence, #12)
  • Fence #10 (Fence, #10)
  • La città del circo pop corn
  • Fence #9 (Fence, #9)
  • Fence #5 (Fence, #5)
  • Fence #6 (Fence, #6)
  • Fence #4 (Fence, #4)
Hello!

So thrilled to meet you!

In addition to being a writer, I'm a tarot reader, yogi, and fashion lover. All of my books talk about fashion because it's been one of my passions since childhood.

Previously, I worked for over ten years as a lawyer before giving up my career to write. In 2005, I was responsible for the business affairs of a fashion designer where I developed a penchant for couture.

Bonjour Girl (2 books)