Start by marking “Murder Is A Debate” as Want to Read:
Murder Is A Debate

Murder Is A Debate

Nora and her two best friends, Liv and Nina, aren’t like most people. Nora is the private school kid; the rich girl, though everyone hates her. Liv and Nina attend the run-down public school on the opposite side of town where the football team is a solid two and the art department was shut down due to funding. Their worlds should have never collided, but they had one commo ...more
Published March 28th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Murder Is A Debate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder Is A Debate

Start your review of Murder Is A Debate
☕️Kimberly  (Caffeinated Reviewer)
Clever murder-mystery that also touches on anxiety, siblings, first loves and social circumstances in this coming of age story.

A refreshing protagonist, a murder club, awkward firsts and plenty of suspense. The author kept me guessing as someone tries to frame the protagonist for the murders.

Narrator Jennifer O'Donnell did a fantastic job of capturing these young characters and their emotions. Her tone and inflections added to the suspense.
Lori Robinett
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was blown away by this book. It's YA, technically, but I completely enjoyed it as an adult. My first thought as I began reading was, "Awesome! Nora is a Murderino, too!" Nora is so real and layered, with all the fears and insecurities and dreams that reminded me of my own teenaged years. When Nora's "case" in the Murder Club comes true, she knows someone is framing her for murder. Everyone is a suspect, from friends to family to Debate Club. Even her newfound boy/friend falls into that categor ...more
Lynn
Great mystery, love the speed, but not short on the plot with Debate. I love that the family and friendships were the center of the story, not the romance. This storyline could have been done at any age level, but so glad that it was YA and the knowledge and intelligence of the gurls at this age was highlighted.
Dorothy  Scott
Aug 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Nora makes friends in an online murder club, but when her murder case is used to kill one of her schoolmates, Nora knows she’s being framed. She becomes suspicious of everyone and has to find the truth. Although this novel is YA, it held my attention to the very end.

Michelina
Oof. This wasn’t great. Listen to the audiobook, the kindle edition was full of grammar and spelling errors.
Kate
Jun 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Murder mystery

This is a book that will keep you in suspense to the end. Two people are murdered and a member of the debate team is the main suspect. Can Nora find out who is the killer or will she be the next victim?

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. If you like mysteries, this book is for you.
Audrey  Adamson Stars in Her Eye
Murder is a Debate sets up an interesting story. Nora runs a murder club with her friends from the pure side of town. They don't actually do murders, they solve fictional ones they crate for fun. But the fun ends when Nora makes her story a little too personal and creates the death of a fellow classmate, The next day Nora finds out that person has dies in just the way she wrote. Nora must handle the debate team, high school and the police in this who done it.
I had conflicting opinions on the nar
Lynn  2 Girls & A Book
Audiobook Review

Murder is a Debate is my first foray into the mind of Author Brandy Nacole. This YA murder mystery was souch more than I expected. It is about personal and family growth. Finding your place in your friends and learning who is really your friend. And that ending! I was honestly surprised by the "who done it."

This is a well written, complex story filled with twists, turns, and complications. I will definitely be checking out other books written by Brandy Nacole.

The narrator did a
Cath
Aug 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
The main character in this story is seventeen year old Nora, who is secretly meeting with two girls from the other side of town, Liv and Charlie, to play their own version of Murder Club, after meeting online. Nora is a very singular person and worries about her thirteen year old sister Beth who had a massive breakdown a few years earlier and is now diagnosed as bipolar and depressed. Nora is also the vice-president of the senior year’s debate team, something that allows her to argue her side of ...more
Sunny
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well, I binged that in two days.

This is a murder mystery story with some classic elements. Namely, the main character is innocent, but the evidence seems to point to them to the point that the main character starts to question themselves.

Nora and her friends Liv and Nina run what they call The Murder Club. Each week one of them creates a fictitious murder that the other two must solve. It's all fun and games, until someone starts turning Nora's "murders" into reality.

Certain the murderer is tryi
JenniferJ
OMG This was so good! I've only just started listening to audio books and usually find them hard to get into but had no problems with this one. The narrator, Jennifer O'Donnel did a fantastic job with the different characters and really knocked that ending out of the park!

The actual story itself was also very interesting and unlike most mystery who dunnit's I had a very hard time figuring out the culprit here which made me enjoy it so much more. I really get bored fast if I can straightaway gues
Kathy Wideman
This is a YA and different from the YA books I normally read. But I love a good mystery and this looked good. It was interesting. Brandy is a new to me author. Nora and her two friends Liv and Nina are different from other girls. Liv and Nina go to public school and Nora goes to a private school. While they come from different places, they find each other online in a murder mystery chat room. They decide to meet in person and create a Murder Club. They girls love to solve murders and they come u ...more
Lakin Mathews
Mar 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Jenny Zimmerman Black Words-White Pages
AUDIOBOOK REVIEW:
This was a remarkable story!! I loved the suspense and the mystery behind the murder!!

The characters were phenomenal!! I found a real connection with Norna and her friends and family. The raw emotions with each character made the story so real life. I loved getting to know all the characters.

The story-line was unforgettable!! Nacole did a fantastic job at keep me in suspense and suspecting everyone just as Norna did. Absolute pure genus!! And the ending...yeah I did not see that
DeAnne
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't know much about this story going in, but the description caught my interest so I decided to give it a listen. This story was a lot of fun, while also addressing a lot of deeper issues such as anxiety and mental health. The main character, Nora, really goes through a lot of things that are only made worse by figuring out that she has issues with anxiety. A lot of the other characters contribute negatively to that, but there are definitely some stars that are loyal and truly want to help ...more
Jessica Belmont
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ve been looking forward to reading this one for quite a while, and it met my expectations! Murder is a Debate is a fantastic YA mystery.

I really.enjoyed the mental health aspect of this book. It’s different than anything I’ve read in a while, and I thought it was done really well. Brandy Nacole is a great writer, and it shows here, with a plot that is full of twists and turns.

I couldn’t guess what was going on until the reveal, which makes this a great mystery. I highly recommend checking Murd
Jocelyne
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first Brandy Nacole's book. I liked it! Nora and her friends, Liv and Nina, meet in an online mystery chat room and they decide to form a fictional Murder Club. The mystery begins when a scenario imagined by Nora happens for real. The storyline is well written, original, and intriguing, with an unpredictable ending. I found it captivating to try to guess who was the murderer. The mystery is well built, and unfold at a great pace. I love the family spirit and the friendship in this st ...more
Alicia Harrietha
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I can appreciate a good YA story and Murder is a Debate was a very well written story that kept me entertained from start to finish. Nora, Liv and Nina are three friends from different worlds. They create a bond unlike any other based on murder scenarios. When suddenly one of those scenarios becomes a reality it makes you question everything. Can you trust your new friends?

The girls and their club kept me turning the pages and made the story super enjoyable. Definitely a recommended book for an
Brandi Wolfertz
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love a good whodunnit book and this one did not disappoint! Nora is so beautifully flawed and I really enjoyed watching her growth through the bool. She's thrown into a murder mystery that starts to circle around her. All the clues start to point to someone who's close. And you know what they say about keeping your friends close and your enemies closer. This story was pretty creative and kept me guessing until the end. Fantastically done!! ...more
Erin Kearby
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
The only reason I’m giving this book 4 stars is because I didn’t really care for the narrator as much. I’m not saying she did a terrible job or anything, just sounded a bit monotone. Other than that, the book was really good! I literally had no idea that the actual killer would be who it ended up being.. Looks like being a detective needs to be scratched off my list of possible careers 😅 If you wanna get stumped, you should definitely check this book out!
Jean Hall
This is a good story, but there are way too many grammar and spelling errors. Nevertheless, I became quite interested in the story and read through chapter 18. I would have liked to have read the rest of the book and find out who the killer was, BUT I got to Chapter 19 and when I tried to read more, there was no more; just a blank page and no more. So I was quite frustrated at not being able to finish the book.
Peggy
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who’s the killer?

This book holds your attention all the way through. You think you know and another twist turns up. It is a murder mystery without going into “dark” details. It also focuses on family dynamics. Anyone with a hint of wanting to read a light hearted mystery should check this one out
Brandi Collins
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a quick-read YA mystery novel about friends from different worlds. Nora and her friends enjoy solving murder mysteries in a club they've created. But things are a little too close to home when someone at Nora's school is murdered and the details of the case match a murder mystery she created. Desperate to learn who might be framing her for murder, Nora sets off on an adventure to find the truth.
I enjoyed the straightforward writing style of this author. The story flowed well, and the ch
B.K. Rae
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Murder is a Debate by Brandy Nacole was a mystery that I couldn't read fast enough. Each page left me wanting more, and the author did a great job keeping you engaged throughout the entire story. I loved the main character, Nora, and I felt I could personally relate to her. And that ending! It was not what I was expecting and was the perfect twist! I highly recommend this five star read. ...more
Paula Genereau
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing. I loved it. Nora and her friends make a club but when a student is murdered, Nora thinks she knows who done it. So she starts her own investigation but is she right?

Great story
Mandi
Jul 30, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Browsing books on Amazon, I stumbled upon this one and was intrigued by the synopsis. I'm not usually one who puts a lot of effort into trying to figure out "who done it" in mysteries, I like to let the plot unravel for me; let the author do the work for me if you will! This plot was a little slow in some parts, but the last 15% or so really picked up and I had a very strong suspicion as too who the villain could be but that didn't take away from the book. Overall a quick, easy read but it isn't ...more
Charlene C.
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Murder Mystery and new found Love

Grab your cozy blanket and settle in for an amazing read! I’m still amazed at how i can start reading and twenty four hours later I’m done with the book. I’m was hooked from the first paragraph. I loved everything about it and you will too!
Kelly (Kuy) Jacobs
Apr 20, 2020 rated it did not like it
I really, really wanted to like this book but the ending was terrible and there were so many spelling errors and grammatical errors that I almost stopped reading entirely. Barely a page went by without at least one error.

I feel rather cheated that there was no conclusion at all.

Rhonda
Aug 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Intrigue and suspense keeps you guessing until the end. Entertaining and interesting characters. Love a good mystery with witty banter and interesting concept. Good read.

David Whaley
Oct 08, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

Spoiler?
Amazing book. I was definitely not expecting the ending. Here I was thinking it was someone from the murder club but nope I was completely wrong turns out it was someone trying to help their kid get ahead in the world. Omg

• A Soul to Keep (Duskwalker Brides, #1)
  • From the Embers
  • Clown in a Cornfield (Clown in a Cornfield, #1)
  • Broken (After the Plague, #1)
  • Lost (After the Plague, #2)
  • Save Me, Daddy (Family Secrets Book 2)
  • Touch Me, Daddy (Family Secrets Book 1)
  • Found (After the Plague, #3)
  • Safe (After the Plague, #4)
  • Punish Me, Daddy (Family Secrets Book 3)
  • The Horse List
  • Wolfe
  • Catching Murphy (Missing collection)
  • After Words (Missing collection)
  • Time Out (Missing collection)
  • Stalked by Santa
  • Halloween Horrors: 31 True Crime Stories of Murder and Beyond
  • Cute but Psycho
Brandy Nacole is a writer of paranormal suspense and mystery. She's penned the bestselling novel DEEP IN THE HOLLOW, THE SHADOW WORLD TRILOGY and MURDER IS A DEBATE.

She loves keeping readers on the edge of their seats as that's where she likes to stay. Her favorite pastimes are reading, writing, exploring the world, and spending as much time with her husband, kids, and fur babies as possible. If B