Start by marking “Rocky Ground (Crimson Point #4)” as Want to Read:
Rocky Ground (Crimson Point #4)

Rocky Ground

(Crimson Point #4)

She’s been hurt too many times…

Published March 26th 2019 by Kaylea Cross Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Rocky Ground, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rocky Ground

Start your review of Rocky Ground (Crimson Point #4)
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

Tears...another series that's over (at least I think it is, maybe Ms. Cross will introduced some new peeps we don't know about yet).

Loved how patient Aidan was in winning Tiana over to his side. Evil, nasty bad guy to get rid of along the way to them falling in love, plus natural disaster or was it two. I also enjoyed that the three previous couples got their own chapter, and we see how well they are doing.
Anita
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic-supense, arc

This whole series has been more romance than suspense. This romance was a wonderful thing to see build. The heroine has had such bad luck in her life and the last blow has left her really prickly about the men around her, especially a super sexy Scott. The suspense was all in waiting to see how the whole thing played out and Kaylea Cross did not disappoint in the ending action
Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from . This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

In the continuation of the Crimson Point series , we get more of the amazing child Ella, and her animal love,  as this is the story of her mother, Tiana.  Poor Walter will be sorely "abused" as an orphaned litter of kittens come to need him. The connection and support of all the guys, Beckett, Jase, Noah and their ladies are a
⚜️XAR the Bookwyrm
FTC DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH INKSLINGER PR. I VOLUNTARILY OFFER MY HONEST REVIEW OF THE BOOK, THOUGH IT IS NOT EXPECTED OF ME! RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

I have to say, I'm sorry that this will be the final book in Crimson Point! I've really enjoyed getting to know the author through this series, and have to say, this story is taking the series out on a really great finish!

I've always a
Joelle
This is fairly a new author for us but, we are slowly making our way through her series but, the more books we read by this author the more we enjoy her works and look forward to her newest releases.

I have to say so far that this current novel was by far my favorite in this ongoing series.This story had so many great character's that we loved pretty much each and everyone of them.

This story was a really enjoyable read for us.This story had drama,love,laughter,sadness,suspense and a great cast
Maria Angie Mendoza
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Heartfelt, intense and emotional read!
This is not a typical romance between a single mom and a guy. Aiden and Tiana’s story is a suspenseful heartbreaking and heartfelt journey of overcoming the odds to get what you want.
Tiana is a woman with a lot of baggage and trust issues affecting her ability to move forward.
Will that deter Aiden from pursuing her?
Discovering how their painful story developed and what happened resonated with #me and made this story a compelling one.
Antonella
overall, I enjoyed this series.. it is an okay romantic suspense
and even though there are some spoilers fro other books, you can read each as a standalone
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)

Rocky Ground centers around a single mom that readers have met in previous books. Her daughter is a precocious young girl who stole everyone's hearts. Tiana, however, is scared and overly protective after what happened (in Fractured Honor). Aiden is interested in Tiana and isn't going to let her prickly exterior push him away. Aiden has been the flirty foreign friend for the past couple books, so it was great to get his story. I have to say, with him being Scottish, I am interested in list
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description
The emotion I crave…

Thankfully more often that I could hope for, a series will come along that grabs, and holds, my attention. Great writing, interesting characters, intriguing situations, and heart and soul to bring it all together. Crimson Point is that series for me and Tiana, Aidan, and Ella added another story to savor…

I felt so much for Tiana’s situation. Trying her hardest to be the best mom she could, she didn’t always believe she made the best decisions. Her devotion to Ella was absolut
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)

This is the last book of the series about ex-military men living in the small town of Crimson Point. Single parent, hot Scot, some suspense. I knew I was going to like it from the start.

Tiana has had some really bad relationships in the past. She has closed off her heart and mind to being with anyone. She focuses on her daughter and that is it. Her daughter warms everyone's heart though and draws in Mac like a bee to honey. He adores her but Tiana still has her guard up.

The story take
Dee
4.75 Stars
Dísir
‘Rocky Ground’ didn’t appeal personally for reasons that I’ll readily admit are formed out of my own biases: that the whole story is built around bad, past relationships and exes, where the conflict has more to do with confronting one’s own bad decision making even with the small town support rather than the military-type, global-conspiracy kind of suspense I’m so used to Kaylea Cross producing over the years.

Never more so does it look more so like Hallmark with sexy times in Cross’s Crimson Po
Chanel
This is Tiara and Mac’s story. You gotta love a man with an accent and a kilt. Mac brings that international flair to the series.
There is a lot of unexpected excitement going on in story- a real page turner. Nothing comes easy for Tiana. Her life is never smooth. However, she is blessed with a darling daughter. Ella is a sweetie, especially with Walter.
Now I always have an issue when a child is put in harms way. I just don’t like it when an author takes that route. So I was very disappointed in
Davia
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh how I laughed and cried!

One of the best things about this series is the way Kaylea can make you laugh and cry in the same book. As I was reading along I was struck by her ability to make the common place situations so funny. It is a gift to get a reader to laugh out loud. Mac and Ella with Walter the Dog are an unstoppable trio. The HEA was brilliantly done and I wish there were more books! Bravo Kaylea this was an epic ride.
Sophie Ruthven
Sep 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A gripping read

Oh wow.
This book had a bit of everything in it and definitely wasn't what I was expecting.
My heart feels like it's gone through the wringer. I spent so much of this book white knuckling my kindle. Definitely recommend and my favourite of the series so far.
Rachel
May 07, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tiana is a single mom who’s made some bad decisions with men that have endangered her daughter, so now she doesn’t trust herself to choose a decent man. Aidan is friends with and working with the other men of the Crimson Point series and is very into Tiana despite her prickly exterior. The author creates an excellent disaster to bond them together. This book was entertaining, suspenseful with survival issues, had good friendships, and a sweet love story. I read the ebook, and I’m looking forward ...more
Coco.V
Apr 07, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
💝 ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. 💝
Ashley (Red-Haired Ash Reads)
Tiana Fitzgerald has sworn off men after the disaster of her last relationship, especially since she has to put her daughter Ella first. But every time she sees Aiden "Mac" MacIntrye it gets harder to ignore the attraction, especially since he is so good with Ella. But with every hour she spends with Aiden the more she realizes he is unlike any man she has ever met. He might just be the perfect person for her and her daughter.

Since the beginning of the series I have liked Tiana. She was a hardw
Marie Andersson
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my favorite book by Kaylea Cross! 🙂Aidan is my favorite hero! He is Scottish and a former Royal Marine. 😍🥰🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿I want to find my own Scotsman. 😍🥰Maybe next year? 🙂🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Marie Andersson
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite in this series!
Sandy S
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date March 26, 2019

She’s been hurt too many times…

Single mom Tiana Fitzgerald has sworn off all romantic relationships to protect herself and her daughter. Her track record is disastrous and she’s done getting hurt. But a certain sexy Scotsman in Crimson Point has other ideas, and somehow manages to sneak past her defenses at every turn. As the hits keep coming and her life implodes, she begins to see he’s unlike any man she’s ever known. Now he’s become the g
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
Aidan MacIntyre never meant to fall in love. But there is something about the beautiful spitfire Tiana Fitzgerald and her adorable daughter that has him wanting so much more out of life. It’s a good thing that the former Royal Marine doesn’t give up once he makes up his mind. He’s determined to tear down all of Tiana’s walls and become a permanent part of her life.

Tiana Fitzgerald has the worst luck with men. She and her daughter have been hurt too many times and now she is determined to be happ
Erin
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Rocky Ground is book four in the series, but was easily enjoyed as a standalone. I haven’t read any of the other books in the Crimson Point series, and I was easily able to follow the plot and enjoy the characters. I enjoyed reading this book for many reasons.

Our story follows Aiden and Tiana as they navigate a few tricky situations. Not just how they fall in love, but some mystery and intrigue and more. This book kept you guessing and interested all the way through! Through it all you are rooti
Linda Walters
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a surprise this book turned out to be. I liked it so much that I just couldn't put it down. I ended up being able to read it in one sitting. That's how fast it pulled me in. As I was reading it at first I thought, "maybe I would give it 4 stars on Amazon." It sure didn't take long for me to change my mind and decide it deserved the full 5 stars instead. Part of the reasons is because of the super good main characters and all the emotions and action in the book.

Aidan saw Tiana as beautiful,
Rebecca Austin
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-companies
Tiana Fitzgerald is an occupational therapist and a single mom to 9 year old Ella. She doesn't have a good track record with men, especially with her last boyfriend Brian. Now Ella's father, Evan, has decided that he wants to be part of her life after not being in it so far.

Aidan MacIntrye works for Beckett and is a former Royal Marine who has his eyes on Tiana if she will only give him a chance. Unfortunately Aidan is also struggling with getting his work Visa extended as he wishes to remain in
Mari
Apr 01, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019reads

II've veen excited for Tiana's story and finding out she would be with Mac was great. Tiana is gun shy when it comes to men after her few bad experiences and she has her daughter's well being in mind now. Mac has always liked her and he is tempting with his looks and accent for sure. Due to unforeseen circumstances that literally shook things up and made them closer and see other sides of each other.

Thar was a lot going on that I didn't expect, I liked the story and characters. I dunno
NICUnurse Stephanie
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s no secret that I LOVE romantic suspense. And Kaylea Cross is one of my automatic 1-click authors. It’s kind of sad to me that Rocky Ground brings her Crimson Point series to a close. I’ve loved all of the characters and their stories, and this story, in my humble opinion, truly is the best book in the series.
Aiden has been fascinated by Tiana for weeks, but his time in the States is running out. And she’s nowhere close to being OK with another relationship. When her past comes back to haun
Ashley Jasper
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was thrilled to see that Aidan and Tiana were finally getting their book. These two have been in the periphery of the Crimson Point series from the start and I have been wanting more of them. And Kaylea Cross gave it to me good. Holy geez Rocky Ground was sexy and dangerous and got my heart racing for more than one reason.

Let me start with Aidan. That man- and he is alllll man stole my breath. Especially when he was so sweet towards little Ella. I loved how he saw Tiana's pain and slowly worke
Gin
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A terrific romance suspense with everything you want in a page turning story. A fabulous heroine, a hot Scotsman coming to the rescue, an evil villain, and all the wonderful Crimson Point characters we came to love in previous stories. I think this is my favorite of the series with the spectacular writing and a thrilling, sexy storyline. Tiana is as fiery as her red hair and fierce especially when it comes to her daughter, Ella. What a great character she is. So strong and a survivor above all. ...more
CarolKat
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aiden really loves his job here with Beckett, unfortunately his work visa is expiring and it doesn't look like he'll be able to get it renewed. This is especially disturbing since he wants to stay and he wants a chance to be more than a friend to Tiana.

Tiana is very protective of Ella more so than ever since the truth of her ex Brian has come to light. In this book she has another problem, Ella's father, Evan, the musician who left them high and dry now wants his parental rights. By paying back
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Saving Danger (Red Stone Security #17)
  • Deadly Protector (Red Stone Security Series Book 19)
  • Silent Protector (Verona Bay, #3)
  • Guarding Her
  • Saving Chelsea (Brotherhood Protectors Yellowstone Book 2)
  • Dangerous Games (Takeback #3)
  • Deserving Alaska (The Refuge, #1)
  • Secret Enemy (Red Stone Security, #16)
  • Montana Mystery (Resting Warrior Ranch #4)
  • Colorado Conspiracy (Brotherhood Protectors: Colorado #5)
  • Tactical Takeover (Brotherhood Protectors: Colorado #4)
  • Searching for Elsie (Eagle Point Search & Rescue #2)
  • Damon's Deal (Terkel's Team #1)
  • Finding Carly (SEAL Team Hawaii, #5)
  • Sinful Seduction (Red Stone Security, #8)
  • Fire and Rain (Wildest Alaska, #1)
  • Midnight Renegade (Men of Midnight, #6)
  • Montana SEAL's Mail-Order Bride (Brotherhood Protectors, #12)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author Kaylea Cross writes edge-of-your-seat military romantic suspense. Her work has won many awards and has been nominated for both the Daphne du Maurier and the National Readers’ Choice Awards. A Registered Massage Therapist by trade, Kaylea is also an avid gardener, artist, Civil War buff, Special Ops aficionado, belly dance enthusiast and former nation ...more

Crimson Point (7 books)
  • Fractured Honor (Crimson Point, #1)
  • Buried Lies (Crimson Point, #2)
  • Shattered Vows (Crimson Point, #3)
  • Broken Bonds (Crimson Point, #5)
  • Deadly Valor (Crimson Point #6)
  • Dangerous Survivor (Crimson Point #7)

News & Interviews

It’s hard to believe the year 2022 is already coming to an end. That went fast, didn’t it? Still, there’s just enough time to wedge in a...