Start by marking “Blue Angel” as Want to Read:
Blue Angel

Blue Angel

She’s touched the underworld. Can she survive its legacy?

Waking on an unfamiliar floor, Pax is faced with two hard truths. A murderous government agency wants her dead – and monsters really do exist. What’s more, her body’s going haywire, which she desperately hopes isn’t a side-effect of her encounters in the city’s tunnels.

To survive, and protect Ordshaw, she’s got to ex
Published January 22nd 2019 by Rumian Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Blue Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Angel

Start your review of Blue Angel
Alana Bloom
May 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy, sci-fi
Richard Buxton
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Blue Angel widens and deepens the pacey underworld odyssey of Pax who we first encountered in Under Ordshaw.

Underworld in more ways than one. Pax somehow keeps her head while all around her are losing theirs on the brink of war between the Fae council and the government agency which believes it is keeping the people of Ordshaw safe. In between are criminal gangs and disaffected Fae. Pax has to juggle hiding a family who know too much, rescuing the boy who got her into this mess, and figuring out
S.J. Higbee
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
My firm advice would be to get hold of Under Ordshaw before picking this one up, as Williams tips us straight into the middle of the action and while that keeps the pace going, you’ll be floundering if you don’t know who is doing what to whom. While this is urban fantasy, as it is about fabulous creatures lurking within the thickets of a large fictitious city somewhere in the UK, it has quite a different feel to the general run of UF books.

Williams has managed to create a cast of characters flai
Maddalena
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review: my thanks for this opportunity.

As the saying goes, this second volume in the new Urban Fantasy series Ordshaw hits the ground running: while its predecessor Under Ordshaw needed to establish the playing field and to sketch the main characters’ profile and therefore suffered some slight pacing problems, Blue Angel can now afford to start exactly where we left off and drive at high speed toward the next phase of the story. And
Steph Warren
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I received a free copy of this book with thanks to the author. The decision to review and my opinions are my own.*

Blue Angel is the fast-paced urban fantasy sequel to Under Ordshaw, and I definitely recommend reading them in order, or you may be wondering who these badly injured people are, why they are so shell-shocked, and why none of them seem to like each other that much!

Welcome to Ordshaw, where the streets may be mean, but what is beneath them is far, far worse.

We join Pax, Letty and the
Damien Larkin
Oct 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Blue Angel is the second book in the Ordshaw series and just like book 1, it doesn’t fail to deliver.

After a series of mysterious accidents wreck havoc on Ordshaw, Pax, Letty and the Barton family seek shelter to plan their next move. With Cassaria unaccounted for, the MEE seek to understand the cause of the accidents and take control of the situation. As things begin to spiral out of control, enemies must learn to work together or risk war between the MEE and the fae.

Blue Angel is a fantastic a
Ami
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Phil Williams created an incredible world and called it Ordshaw. Within this world he populated astoundingly creative characters, human and non-human, good and evil. In Blue Angel, this the second book in the series, the high tension excitement and entertainment continued nearly non-stop. It was edge-of-my-seat, just one more chapter reading throughout. I enjoyed it very much and highly recommend it (in case you can't tell, lol). So, now I off to read book three!

Read via Kindle Unlimited.
BriarGrey
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-read
4.5/5

Blue Angel is a solid sequel to Phil Williams' Under Ordshaw. Without spoiling book 1, let me just say that we get to learn more about the world that exists in and around and under Ordshaw, with good character growth and plenty of action. If you liked Under Ordshaw, definitely read Blue Angel, and if you haven't read Under Ordshaw yet, but like new takes on urban fantasy, then I highly recommend picking that up ASAP.
Hayley
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Blue Angel is a bit of a tonal shift after Under Ordshaw, but not so much that it’s jarring. Instead it makes the problems presented in the previous book feel much bigger and more complicated, and I am so down for more of that. While my previous issue with the characterisation of Pax doesn’t really get addressed, she does feel a lot more believable and comes into her own as a leader of sorts. I look forward to seeing how the series continues.
Janice Drake
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Interesting sequel to Under Ordshaw. Williams keeps a host of characters hopping and makes the action move quickly. I like Pax, she's a fighter with a huge heart. You definitely need to read Under Ordshaw first to get the most from the story. Can't wait for the next book. I received this book as an ARC and wanted to leave a review because I really liked it.
Phil Parker
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well, Phil Williams does it again with his second book in his Ordshaw series. In fact, I think I might have enjoyed this one even more.

This book retains the same light touch of humour mixed with relentless excitement and danger for our motley group of protagonists. Everyone continues to distrust each other, suspicion is rife. The Ministry for Environmental Energy becomes even more conniving, badly run and full of ignorance – so just like any branch of the civil service. Except now we’ve got poli
Gillian Laverty
Jul 28, 2020
CornHulio
Jun 13, 2020
Phil Williams
Jan 15, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
P.Parker
Jennifer Godwin
Jan 19, 2020
Natalie
May 24, 2020

• Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
  • Ononokin - Box Set Two (Tales from the Land of Ononokin #5-7)
  • Akin
  • The Rithmatist (The Rithmatist, #1)
  • Blood Money (A Lost Falls Story)
  • A Spell in the Country
  • The Narrows
  • End Zone (Deep State #3)
  • Never Die
  • Lent
  • For Cause & for Country: A Study of the Affair At Spring Hill & the Battle of Franklin
  • The Festival Murders (A Francis Meadowes Mystery)
  • The Fall of Dragons (The Traitor Son Cycle, #5)
  • Deeplight
  • Borderline (Hive Mind #4)
  • Secret of the Song
  • The Switch
  • How to Betray a Dragon's Hero (How to Train Your Dragon, #11)
Phil Williams writes contemporary fantasy and dystopian fiction and non-fiction grammar guides. His novels include the interconnected Ordshaw urban fantasy thrillers, the post-apocalyptic Estalia saga and the action-packed Faergrowe series. He also runs the website English Lessons Brighton, and writes reference books to help foreign learners master the nuances of English.

Phil lives with his wife