Start by marking “Red House, Tree House, Little Bitty Brown Mouse” as Want to Read:
Red House, Tree House, Little Bitty Brown Mouse

Red House, Tree House, Little Bitty Brown Mouse

A bit Each Peach Pear Plum, a bit Go, Dog, Go!, this read-aloud joy is deceptively simple yet packed with delights for the very young--a preschool standout deserving of modern-classic status.

A little mouse makes her way around the world, and invites preschoolers along as she sets out: Red house / Blue house / Green house / Tree house! / See the tiny mouse in her little
Published August 27th 2019 by Dial Books

To ask other readers questions about Red House, Tree House, Little Bitty Brown Mouse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red House, Tree House, Little Bitty Brown Mouse

Start your review of Red House, Tree House, Little Bitty Brown Mouse
Joella www.cinjoella.com
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mice, picture-book, colors
You guys! This is a fun color-concept book! I really can't wait until we use it in story time so I can see how the kiddos respond. It isn't one of the boring books that has a list of colors and pictures of items in that color. It is actually a story that has a lot of colors listed. Beautiful book! Seriously!
Dani
I NEED this for storytime
Tasha
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Told in simple rhymes, this book invites the youngest children to explore its pages and engage with the questions asked inside. The book begins with houses, including a little tree house for the tiny mouse. Colors are explored and then there is counting on the next page combined with more colors. The book takes readers on a bus, into the ocean, on all sorts of transportation, and asks engaging questions of the reader along the way. The book ends by inviting readers to look for the mouse hiding ...more
Destinee Sutton
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I think this can be read at least two ways:

1. As a read-aloud for a group of kids, I'd emphasize colors, counting, and answering the simple questions ("Shoes go on your feet. What goes on your head?"). The text is simple and the illustrations are clear and bright. This could be a great story time selection!

2. For an individual preschooler, this is an easy seek-and-find to pore over. The little bitty mouse is on every page and they can match the endpaper patches to the illustrations. Also,
Katy
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
A tiny brown mouse leads young readers through this cheerful work by Godwin and illustrated by Blanca Gomez. Catchy rhyming text whisks the reader through a variety of ordinary and not-so-ordinary scenes, brightly executed in both close-up detail and in spreads taking a birds-eye view. In the colorful world of the story, pigs and cats ride trains next to humans of every hue, and ice cream cones are almost as big and round as a little girl's smiling face. Gomez plays with color, shape, and ...more
Abby Johnson
Bouncy rhyming text and brilliantly colorful illustrations accompany a little bitty mouse as she travels around the world to many different places. The text and illustrations are super whimsical, there's not a lot of plot or continuity, but it's fun text to read and kids will get a huge kick out of finding the tiny mouse on every page.

I have cherished memories of reading Richard Scarry books with my family and looking for Lowly Worm and Goldbug before bedtime. This book is adorable fun and sure
Nicole
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This may be my new favorite! I love the rhyming and I know a lot of my storytime kids will love that part as well!! This is a great book for a group or a one on one read because during the story the children can point to objects in the photo. For example, little brown mouse is in every photo, but you have to look closely! I also like that the book asks readers questions throughout, which helps them stay engaged as well. The illustrations are extremely vibrant yet clean and welcoming! I can't ...more
Jana
With bouncy, rhyming text and boldly colored illustrations, this primary concept book will definitely become a favorite of young readers. Young readers are invited to count, pick favorite colors, and look for the little brown mouse on every page. This is a fun one to share with little children as a read aloud.
Becky
Aug 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Definitely recommended. A good rhythm, some questions that allow interaction but not too much so that you ruin the flow, cute illustrations, and a little mouse to keep an eye out for on every page. Might be tricky for storytime depending on the size of your crowd and how much they like to shove their faces into the illustrations, but I think it would work out.
Yentl ♥
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is such a cute book :D Little Mouse goes on many adventures and does a little bit of everything. By the end of the book, Little Mouse has many souvenirs and pictures of all her travels to decorate her house. There are vibrant colors and great illustrations throughout. Finding her on each page is super fun.
Bookish
Aug 15, 2019 rated it liked it
A simple rhyming book on first read, but packed with little gems to discover on subsequent takes. Kids can find colors, vehicles, animals, numbers, shapes, and one happy little mouse as she explores the city, sea, and sky.
Marcie
There is so much to like about this and so many ways preschool and kindergarten teachers can use it. Reading it aloud is the key but the matching and location activities make it fun for one-on-one as well.
Morgan
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
WHAT A DELIGHT. All my friends with kiddos around 3-5, make this your next lap-book.
Taylor Kundel-Gower
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bright, simple, and fun! My kids will love this!
Sandy
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful detail and beautiful colors.
Andréa
Note: I accessed a digital review copy of this book through Edelweiss.
Kate
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: preschool-k
search and find component
Jo Oehrlein
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Rhyming text talks about many colors, but also up & down, counting, etc. Asks questions for interaction with the readers. And there's a mouse to find on every 2 page spread.
Edward Sullivan
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: concept-books
Great introductions to basic concepts for preschoolers.
Mary
Sep 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I really liked this book but I think it was too long for the intended audience.
Krysta
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Simple rhyming text that asks readers to name colors, count petals, etc. A mouse is hidden on each page for readers to find. Utterly charming.
Syntha Green
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Perfect as a read aloud.
Dana Storytime Account
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked how this book had interactive components to it
Becca
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Perfect for the preschool crowd with a little mouse for them to search out, colors and objects to notice, etc.
Kerry
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Clever rhyming book with charming illustrations will have readers reading it again to find that brown mouse!
Kelly
Nice story, kind of like "One Fish Two Fish, Red Fish Blue Fish).
Roben
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: colors, rhyming, prek-2nd
Can you find the mouse in every spread? This book is just full of fun - plus bright colors and rhyming! We read this for storytime today and the kids loved it!
KDV
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sure to be a classic.
susan nolan
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: k-1-book-chat
borrow one copy for each child to read along and spot the mouse.
Summer book chat?

• I Am a Thief!
  • Saturday
  • Once Upon a Goat
  • This Book of Mine
  • Goodbye, Friend! Hello, Friend!
  • How Do You Dance?
  • Another
  • Who Wet My Pants?
  • Small in the City
  • Fly!
  • Hats Are Not for Cats!
  • How to Read a Book
Jane Godwin is the Publisher, Books for Children and Young Adults, at Penguin Books Australia. She is also a highly acclaimed author of many books for children. Her work is published internationally and she has received many commendations. The Family Tree won the 2000 Queensland Premier's Award (Children's Books); Sebby, Stee, the Garbos and Me was shortlisted for the 1999 New South Wales State ...more