Start by marking “Digital Heretic (The Game is Life, #2)” as Want to Read:
Digital Heretic (The Game is Life, #2)

Digital Heretic

(The Game is Life #2)

Millions on Earth are shaken by the events set in motion by Zack's final play...

Billions on Tygon watch breathlessly as the consequences of his actions ripple through both worlds.

Will his girlfriend, still inside the Game, step forward to lead the movement that he created?

Billions of lives are in jeopardy of being lost...based on the decisions made by children inside the G
Audible Audio, Unabridged, 9 pages
Published December 13th 2016 by Podium Publishing (first published January 27th 2013)

Glenn Conley
Jan 07, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Tammy K.
Picking right up after the ending of the first book in the series, the story continues to follow the plight of the players.
Many of the original players are still in the game, and there are a few new characters who add both amazing lessons and devastating challenges to their play.
I found this book to have many of the same elements as the first in the series.
I admit that the first part of the story was difficult to adjust to due to the change of players and this secondary darker element. If you t
Kevin Green
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well the first book of the series was amazing. This is better! I was worried that this would maybe lose what had appealed to me so much in the first book ... But I was so wrong. It was so good that I couldn't put it down (literally, I read it in one day).

The story picks up right were it left off, fast paced and exciting. It turns out this world that terry introduced us to has much more to offer that I first thought (and when I say 'this world', I mean it in many ways which I think most readers w
Bane Kuntzenstein
I'm pissed off at this book. I want to buy the next one just so I can understand WTF is going on. Not because it is a great story (it may be), but because the author has intentionally hidden so many things from the reader to get them to buy more books. I think I am taking a break from this series for now.
Amy
Jul 29, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-books-read
When I fly in my dreams, I just think "up" to make it happen. Somehow, I'm never clued in that it's a dream because it seems like something I've always known how to do. Once Melissa realizes that Earth is just a computer simulation, she teaches herself to fly and is ready to teach others. Soonafter, a watcher back on Tygon realizes that the laws on Earth mirror the laws on Tygon and teaches himself to fly. Does that mean that Tygon is a computer simulation as well?

I think the reason I wasn't as
David Harbour
Jul 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gamelit
Great stories, just not for me.

I really wish I could get into this story. I just can't seem to connect with the characters. Honestly, I would rather be debugging code.
Charis Jackson
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Biggest complaint I have is the typos, they could have easily been found by one more read through. On to the next in the series.
Nicholas Masters
hmmmm.... Although the book still evolved at a good pace, and asked more questions as the plot was revealed, which obviously keeps us interested until the end, i can't help but to feel robbed.

Could this not have been longer? I'm hooked after the first novel, and will continue reading until the end, but I i just feel i've been taken advantage of. If you consider the price you end up paying for the entire series you expect more. My main gripe is that the formatting for the Kindle version was absol
Jim Fromm
Apr 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sequels

Perhaps the first book, The Game, blindsided me. Perhaps the uniqueness is gone. I found Digital Heretic engaging but not as philosophically stimulating as the first book. I didn't believe Carl's remorse, nor did I agree with Danielle's withdrawal after Trey's death. With this book the series morphed into entertainment rather than inspiration. Book one was so.good, I will still buy three in an attempt to regain the magic.
ashley
Apr 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Way too short... Kinda feeling exploited by having to buy these books that need to be longer... But here I am... Buying... And reading! I must find out how this ends... That was another thing... This book ends right before the good stuff.
Kal ★ Reader Voracious
1. The Game, ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
2. Digital Heretic, ★★★★★

"No matter where you sit on the big roller coaster called life at this moment in time, try very hard to smile, and be glad you're on the ride."

Zack may have been ejected from the Game, but Alexandra is still in play and all of Tygon is on the edge of their seat to see what happens. Their movement, The Game is Life, has gained much ground, but Danni struggles with the aftermath of Trew's play ending early. Will she take the mantle and lead the move
Fred Wagner
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book overall and a nice addition to the series. As far as "cons", well, did get a bit "preachy" as far as the things to do in order to live a long, healthy, productive life. Kind of annoying outside of a self-help book. And DID take a shot at illuminating quantum theory with regards to making the seemingly impossible in our lives possible. Some of that I know to be true. However, this novel based such too much on faith it would seem as opposed to the mechanics of the universe in its TRUE f ...more
Walter Scott
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deeper and deeper into the rabbit hole

Spoiler – Was a time when I could read a book in a series, and after many months and many books, I often find myself trying to figure stuff out when starting the next book in the series, because I don’t have clear recall of all of the first book. Comes with being 68 and counting.
I stuck with The Game (first in this series) long enough for it to hook me. With Digital Heretic, I struggled for quite a few chapters, before things clicked for me. I wish Terry Sc
Enzo
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Digital Heretic" is book number 2 of The Game is Life series. It follows the events immediately after the first book without a pause. If you've read it you know what has happened to Zack. So I won't spoil it directly.
Inside the game all is in turmoil and the repercussions will only little by little reveal themselves. Zack and the way he was disconnected from the game felt just wrong and so abrupt. Danielle is not playing as she should but her popularity has not diminished. This kinda helps her
Melinda
It was interesting to try and choose shelves for this book. Is it fantasy, dystopian, conspiracy, religious, gamer, romance, young adult? Well I kind of think its all of the above and probably some more besides.

I am listening to the audiobook version - and to be honest, Luke Daniels could read the phone book to me and I would be ok with that. He certainly adds depth to this tale and to all the characters - and not having read the book as a 'hard copy' I cannot compare the experiences, but I ten
Laura Beeler
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you are a person who thinks deeply and enjoys the complex philosophies of life then this is the book for you. This is more than just a book that tells a story. The way the words flow and the plot line develops is very well thought out and makes you want to keep reading more. The thing I loved most about this book and the series is the level of thinking that it helps me accomplish. I feel as though this book makes one think of life after death and what there could possibly be. Time plays an im ...more
Douglas Owen
It is a good continuation of the series but there is far too much dialogue in order to make it over the three star mark. Also, the work contains a lot of repetition in words that causes issues.

Note, logically there are issues with the work. Timelines are difficult to follow for in the game approximately a year goes by for every day in the real world. If this is so, how do people view the game in real time? Not sure, but a wedding is announced and takes place in the game and advertised for days i
Lydia Jones
More of the same...

A friend suggested that book 2 was better than the first; he was right, but only technically.

The drama and action is more enjoyable than the first, but the author still falls back to weird little tricks to advance the plot (character a doesn't trust b; b whispers something to a that we the readers don't get to hear; now a trusts b implicitly, for no reason whatsoever).

Reading these books is like watching Lost. Slightly interesting, ham fisting suspense to try and get you back
Liam
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Uneventful

When compared to the first book, this one seems rather uneventful. Yes, things happened, but because things were only just put in motion, we don't know what's going to happen. This book seems like a huge intermission building up to the next one. Let's see if it pays off.
Rob
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great follow up!

I actually already reviewed this but I put it all in the headline because it's 3 AM! I'm tired, but sometimes there's a book you just can't put down. This was one of those. I actually plan on immersion reading book 3 starting now, 10-OCT-2017 0305 Hours. I'll talk to you in my reviews throughout the book.
Kevin J Brown
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting story. But a good book 2

As with any novel or movie, the second is usually not as good as the first. This one is good in different ways than book one. It's still using the same characters, but focusing on them in a different way. It will keep moving you forward to read the next one!
Justin
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
Really enjoyed this book, another example of a great story without unnecessary bad language or inappropriate sex scenes!! Great job Terry! Kept me actively engaged and kept me wanting more, can't wait to read the next in the series!
David Stein
Starting to get overly complicated.. and I hate books (and movies) that don't have clear endings but instead expect you to buy the next book and the next book. I understand loose ends, etc. but there should be some kind of closure to each book not just a hard stop.
Deb Alonzo
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read... makes you wonder and LIVE THE GAME OF YOUR LIFE like NEVER before.. a game changer! FOR sure!!

Eleanor Merson
It was good - the story is still quite original, and the characters are interesting. I did not enjoy this as much as the first in the series though - it seemed a little slow moving, and the point about life being short, and not a dress rehersal - it's just a game felt quite over-laboured.
Daniela
Not as great as book 1, but still entertaining.
Zenbean
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting ideas in here!
Andy Bird
Good. This is a direct continuation of the series. As with the first book, I liked the concept and the story keeps going well with some good twists. I would recommend it.
Katie
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
glad to have time to read again
Tanner Ashley
Omg, that second book is so boring and slowing ever! SO hope third book get better.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Level Zero (The NextWorld #1)
  • Everywhere But No Place (Messages From The Unseen World, #1)
  • Forged in Fire (Destiny's Crucible #4)
  • Broken Things
  • Starship Alexander (Hive Invasion Book 1)
  • The Reckoning (The Marenon Chronicles, #3)
  • Manipulate (Alien Cadets, #1)
  • Guardians (Caretaker Chronicles, #2)
  • Latitude 38
  • Strictly Analog
  • Stark Cataclysm (The Aliomenti Saga, #6)
  • The Clearing (Outside, #2)
  • Memoria
  • Lilith
  • The Saints (The Watchers, #3)
  • Blightborn (The Heartland Trilogy #2)
  • Marked 1
  • Double Digit (Digit, #2)

The Game is Life (8 books)
  • The Game (The Game is Life, #1)
  • Interlude-Brandon (The Game is Life, #3)
  • Virtual Prophet (The Game is Life, #4)
  • Shadows (The Game is Life, #5)
  • Digital Evolution (The Game is Life, #6)
  • Cyber (The Game is Life, #7)
  • Fragmented (The Game is Life, #8)
“Life can be full of happiness and full of sadness. One moment you’re on top of the world and nothing can go wrong. The next, it feels as if nothing will ever be right again. I guess it depends where you are right now on your ride through life whether you smile when you read this or fight back tears. No” 1 likes
“have been poor, and I have been rich. I don’t know that either has made me happy, but I preferred being sad and rich over sad and poor.” Knowledge” 1 likes