Start by marking “The Island Dog Squad: (Book 3: People Problems)” as Want to Read:
The Island Dog Squad: (Book 3: People Problems)

The Island Dog Squad: (Book 3: People Problems)

FOR DOG LOVERS
"McEwan made her canine heroes almost human: these dogs think, reason, plot and plan. They feel the pain of both their canine and human friends and they share their feelings with their buddies through their barks and actions. Their “doggy dialogue” is as close to human dialogue as it gets and it’s so well done, it’s easy to forget at times that the protagoni
Published December 11th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Island Dog Squad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Island Dog Squad

Rose English
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book 88 of my Goodreads Challenge 2018

The Island Dog Squad Back in Action! A~MAZ~ING!

OMG I loved 'The Island Dog Squad Book 3'. It follows on from the previous books so if you have not read Book 1 or 2 it is very highly recommended that you do.

The Island Dog Squad Book 1

Book 88 of my Goodreads Challenge 2018

The Island Dog Squad Back in Action! A~MAZ~ING!

The Island Dog Squad Book 1

The Island Dog Squad Book 2

All the books are A~MAZ~ING but book 3 is particularly heart wrenching. I cried on and off throughout the whole book (from the very first page). It is so hard to know where reality ends and fiction begins. Having the photographs of the squad at the front brings the story to life.

Please note these books are NOT for the faint-hearted. Some sensitive readers will find the events taking place in this third book much more harrowing than the previous two. All the stories are told from the point of view of Sandy (Codename Fish) a rescue dog. Be sure to have tissues ready.

ALL VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
Krystyna
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bringing the culprits to book

Stunning. Loved this and hope it isn't the end of the series - just please ease up a bit on the cruelty the dogs face. Wonderful portrayal of the dogs and their different characters. Which mesh well with their human parents.
Mia has had to go home. Now Steve too is homeless as someone has set fire to the rescue centre killing all but two of the dogs. However although basically okay health wise, the mental state of the two dogs is undermined. When Gina is th
Andrew Troth
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An excellent story, woven throughout all three books in the series.
I'm not ashamed to admit that this one had me blubbering in parts.
The character traits are well-written, and it feels like the reader has known the dogs forever.
I do hope that there will be further adventures of The Dog Squad to come.

I always love to discover other authors who, like me, write from a dog's point-of-view. There aren't enough of us.
Keep up the great work, Deb McEwan!
Doug
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story about dogs and their parents

Loved this series about dogs and their adventures. I am sad to see this is the last book in the series. It's a great story on risk taking in order that loved are made safe. And that dogs dogs being submitted to cruelty are brought to safety.
On My Kindle BR
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: onmykindlebr
I read a copy of this book on Kindle Unlimited and opted to share a review.

The beginning of the book is really heartbreaking, as in I was ugly-crying while reading it heartbreaking. As a pet guardian of a rescue dog, it's particularly upsetting because I know the cruelty humans are capable of and I have seen the emotional damage that is the result of cruelty and neglect. The plot does lighten up a bit the further you get into the book, so it's not all stormy weather and unhappiness.<
marlene lowery
Jul 20, 2019
Jacqueline Nelson
marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2019
Following a career of over thirty years in the British Army, Deb and her husband moved to Cyprus to become weather refugees.

Deb loves spending time with her husband Allan and rescue dog Sandy. She also loves writing, keeping fit, and socialising, and does her best to avoid housework.

She’s written children's books about Jason the penguin and Barry the reindeer and young adult/adult books about do