Start by marking “Basketball Mom” as Want to Read:

Basketball Mom

A Sweet and Magical Romantic Comedy Novella

BASKETBALL MOM
A Sweet and Magical Romantic Comedy Novella

A boy wishes on a shooting star to become a basketball great, but the magical stardust falls on his unwitting single mother instead.

A cute, light and funny, G-rated romantic comedy, and a happy, heartwarming read.

Seven-year-old Jake Taylor wishes on a shooting star to become
Kindle Edition
Published March 5th 2019 by Winter Wedding Press

To ask other readers questions about Basketball Mom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Basketball Mom

Shash
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a cute, fun book! Tess is a wonderful mom! I loved the way she was always thinking of Jake and putting him first. Picturing her soaring above the rim as she used her new abilities made me smile. She and Colin made a great couple. He is caring and giving, and I loved watching him with Dakota. I loved the way things ended, and wish I could keep watching their story unfold. The story was perfect for it's length, though. I loved it!!

I received a complimentary copy of the book, which I voluntari
Amy
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Basketball Mom: A Sweet and Magical Romantic Comedy Novella is everything you would expect from a Ginny Baird tale. It is sweet, fun and romantic. I loved Tess and Colin’s story. The were great together.
I give Basketball Mom: A Sweet and Magical Romantic Comedy Novella five plus stars. It is most definitely not one to be missed. I highly recommend it.
I received this book from the publisher. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.
Julia David
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
A very sweet quick story. Jake wants to make the basketball team so bad and has been practicing very hard. A new neighbor gives him a couple of pointers. One thing Dakota said was to wish on a shooting star. There is magic in wishing on a shooting star. When Jake did that, he didn't get the wish, his mom did. Tess just can't understand why she can play basketball all of a sudden. When the video of her goes viral, she is an instant celebrity. Colin's friend comes to visit to sign the basketball m ...more
Bette Hansen
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a fun little Freaky Friday type of story that is completely entertaining. Tess and her son Jake have just moved to town and he wants more than anything to make the school's basketball team. Their next door neighbor happens to be the new coach and gives Jake some pointers but he worries that still won't be enough. Making a wish on a shooting star to become the world's best basketball player should do the trick, right?? That's when all the crazy begins/

This is a fun fast read that will le
Dawn Pearson
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
While reading Basketball Mom, I felt like I was reading a modern day fairy tale or maybe watching an old live action Disney movie. It's a cute fantasy tale that fits perfectly into a vacation schedule or maybe waiting for a child at basketball practice!

Tess is a single mom and her son, Jake, loves basketball and wants desperately to be good at it.
Colin is the new high school basketball coach and is raising his young daughter, Dakota, alone. He has just moved across the street from Tess and Jak
Anna
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was such a whimsical and fun read. The concept was so original. I thought it was a sweet and endearing story.

Tess is a single mom struggling to get her own column at the paper. Her seven year old son Jake just wants to make the basketball team. One wish on a shooting star changes their lives.

Colin Wade is the single dad of Dakota. She's the best thing to ever happen to him. And a crack shot on the basketball court. So when she starts helping Jake of course he notices Jake's beautiful mom.

S
Rosemary K
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Seven year old Jake Taylor has worked so hard to be a great basketball player. He wants to stand out but so far no luck. When his new neighbor and classmate, Dakota, tells him to wish on a shooting star and he might get his dream. Unfortunately things don’t go as he hoped. His mom gets the basketball abilities instead of him. What happens next is a magical, romantic romp. I loved how his single mom and the widowed dad of his new friend are becoming an item. Seeing them together was so sweet. Esp ...more
Joan Mueller
Shelves: light-romance
A lively, light-hearted romance develops between neighbors in a small town. The twist in this book comes from a large dose of magic. With a wish upon a star, an ordinary mom turns into a basketball super star. As the book progresses, the plot explores how children cope with being left behind by death or second marriages and how the parents who are at home struggle to parent supportively. This book provided an in-depth approach to strengthening children at risk for developing self esteem issues. ...more
Irene S
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This novella is a sweet treat. Jake's wish on a shooting star has unexpected result when his mother becomes a superstar basketball player instead of him. Tess astonishes her town at her son's tryout and gets a lot of unwanted attention. Tess does enjoy catching her new neighbor's eye. I received a free copy of this book from the author. This is my honest and voluntarily given review. This light and amusing romance hit the right spot for me. I love this magical novella. This is a good story to br ...more
Doni
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really in enjoyed reading this book!
It is a sweet & charming story.
This whimsical tale is about Tess,
a single mom, & her son, Jake.
And Colin, a widower & his daughter,
Dakota.
Jake & Dakota, are the same age.
Both trying out for the elementary
school basketball team. Jake, is having
trouble. Dakota is doing great. So she suggests Jake to wish upon a shooting star. That was everything went wonky.
Durning that time, Tess & Colin,
spent time together. Their connection
is hard to de
Pamela Mitchell
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This captivating and heartwarming wholesome family story is the perfect read for the start of NCAA Basketball's "March Madness" with unforgettable characters and a great mix of romance, humor and a touch of magic. Once I started reading, I couldn't put the book down and I didn't want it to end when I got to the last page. I highly recommend BASKETBALL MOM and it will leave a smile on your face and joy in your heart. I received an advance reader copy of this book and this is my voluntary review. ...more
Marjorie
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an adorable story about the magic of wishing on a star, and the reality of falling in love. I enjoyed the lightness, fun, cuteness, and magic of it. It can safely be read by a teen or it can be read to a child. In fact, it is appropriate for a whole family to enjoy. Short and sweet, it carried me away to nice sports-related dreams. [I received a copy of this from the author, and my opinion is my own.]
Phylis Carpenter
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Do you ever wish on a falling or shooting star and hope your wish comes true. Jake does, he wishes on a falling star that he will become a great basketball player. However, something happens and his Mom becomes one instead of him. Jake gets mad at her for stealing his wishes and dreams.

This cute novella will make you laugh and is a joy to read. I certainly enjoyed it and think Mom deserved her little bit of magic.
BookSnuggle
Shelves: romance
Basketball Mom by Ginny Baird. This is Tess, Jake, Colin, and Dakota’s story.

Escape to the town of Covesville for a fun and sweet read with a bit of magic. I loved the characters but Dakota was my favorite. She may need her own story. A cute quick read with lots of laughs, magic, and a blossoming romance. I love the cover of the book too!

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Pamela Devereux
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A quick fun novella that will have you laughing. As the Disney saying goes, "When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true." Only this wish went a little haywire. Jake is still struggling to play basketball and his new neighbor has no problem showing him some new moves. Tess wants nothing to do with this wish and Colin is trying to help navigate this new sensation. It is also bringing these two families close.
Candy Laine
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tess is a single mom of a seven year old Jake. He is obsessed with becoming the best basketball player ever so that he can make the school team. New neighbour Dakota tells him the magic of a shooting star can make his wish come true.
Colin is Dakota's dad and the high school basketball coach. He's ready to move on from the loss of his wife's death. When Jake's wish decides to give Tess super basketball skills, Colin's interest is definitely piqued!
A light, fun, slightly magical read. I received
Pauline Frost
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
As a novella it keep me turning pages and was easy to follow. Tess is a single mom raising her son Jake who loves basketball. Colin a single dad raising his daughter Dakota. Colin is an English teacher and the new basketball coach for Covesville high school. A perfectly paced story pulling you in.
Paula
Mar 07, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a magical read about a wish gone wrong. Or did it? A really sweet, fun, family oriented, romance filled read. Sometimes we don't get what we wish for but something way better than we ever dreamed.
Jeannie
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a short, sweet magical story by Baird. The magic of a little boy wishing on a shooting star and his wish coming true for his Mom and not him. Fun read. Voluntarily reviewed a copy I received from the author
Terra
Mary Coates
Mar 22, 2019
Jo Hunsaker
Apr 19, 2019
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Ginny Baird writes sweet contemporary romance with a dash of humor and a whole lot of heart. When she’s not writing, Ginny enjoys hanging out with her big, blended family, playing word games such as Scrabble, and sampling fine wines and delectable chocolates. Visit Ginny’s website to learn more about her and her books.