Start by marking “Inebriated” as Want to Read:
Inebriated

Inebriated

Barely seventeen and as pretty as can be: the summer is their playground. Cait and her best friends Steph and Allie take on San Francisco's party scene with fake IDs and short dresses.

When Cait meets Adrien Cross, the charismatic lead singer of her favorite indie band, she's introduced to a hedonistic world of liquor and lust that she never wants to leave.

But then that wo
Published February 26th 2019 by Katey Taylor

To ask other readers questions about Inebriated, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inebriated

Elle's Book Blog
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Release Date: February 26, 2019
Genre: Young Adult (Social Issues. Alcohol abuse).
Actual Rating: 4 stars

Inebriated is an intense read. It's also one of those books that frustrates you- not because of the authors writing style or the story she tells, but because that parents in this book are so naive it makes your head spin. Unfortunately, we live in a time where some parents just don't pay ENOUGH attention to their kids and the things that take place in the book DO happen because of it.

As
Cyndi Becker
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Katey Taylors' debut Inebriated had me intrigued from the moment I read the blurb. This gritty sounding YA set in San Francisco/Bay area ended up nearly being a one sitting read. The situation is one that transcends time. This could have been set in any years since the the 60's with raucous teenager girls enjoying a summer break. But before the end of the summer everything for Cait will have changed.

Life in Bay area suburb of Calaveras is pretty typical; teenagers sneaking out at night, lying to
Sassy Southern
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
Caitlyn Taylor is 17 and is best friends with Allie and Steph and the three enjoy sneaking into the club Swank to listen to some of their favorite bands perform. They plan on making the most out of their summer with drinking but soon they find themselves introduced to other things at parties.
When Caitlyn meets Adrien Cross, the lead singer of their favorite indie band she is brought into another world but when he discovers how young she really is will he walk away?
Will this be a summer
Tiffany Seelig
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG! This was the best book I've read in a long time. It actually brought my passion back for reading young adult novels, and I have yet to find one I like as much as this one. What I enjoyed most about this book is that I literally could not put it down. I'm a mother of a two-year-old and typically go to bed around 9pm but this book had me up all night.

The realism of the book tugged on my heartstrings. The author did a great job on playing the emotions. Cait and the other characters match perf
Rebecca Austin
Mar 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: review-sassy
For me as a parent I did struggle with this book and the topics that it covered with all of the lies that were told and all of the sneaking out. It seemed to me that all of the parents of the girls just had no clue at all about what was going in with their children and I really struggled with that.

I liked Caitlyn but I hated so many of the choices that she made. I know that certain things are part of growing up, but it was clear that she and her friends had way to much freedom at a young age an
Robert Muñoz
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't usually leave reviews for books. I also don't usually read YA. But I was given this ARC and I thought I'd give it a chance. I had no expectations going in and my expectations were greatly exceeded. Although I'm a guy, this does feel like reading a time capsule of youth. A story that could relate to many generations-guy or girl. I really enjoy author ability to help you visualize each scene. The nighttime scenes were my favorite. The description really fleshes out the angst and fun of bei ...more
Gina Foster
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book had me hooked at the first chapter. The characters and their relationships hit so close to home. Adrien is the character you love to hate and I’m still undecided my feelings on him. The cast of characters Katey Taylor creates were so well developed I really felt like I was brought into Cait’s world. I felt all Cait’s anxieties and heartaches throughout each trial and tribulation and that to me why this book is so impactful. Can’t wait for book number two!

Courtney
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to bring Inebraited with me on a recent trip to Hawaii. Once I started this book I could not put it down. I was excited to see how the author developed the characters and what situations Cait and her friends would get into next. I was not expecting some of the emotional
Scenes in this book which led to some embarrassing yet funny crying in public moments! I highly recommend this book! Pair with a glass of wine and a box of tissues and you’re all set.
Frank R.
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just finished my advanced copy of Inebriated and all I can say is WOW! I was hooked from the very start! Katey Taylor is an amazing writer and storyteller! I’m sad that I finished the novel, but I’m excited for the next addition to Inebriated and lots more from this gifted writer!
Spunky N Sassy
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Awesome Book

This book was absolutely awesome. I fell in love with all of the characters and I didn’t want this book to end. I can’t wait for Katey’s next project!
John Shea
Mar 11, 2019
Michael Taylor
Feb 15, 2019
Katey Taylor
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Beth
Kayley Ridings
is currently reading it
Trista Messerli
Mar 17, 2019
Katey Taylor is the author behind the emotionally wrenching Young Adult Novel Inebriated. Katey's passion for storytelling stemmed not long after she first learned to write with a pencil. Every story she writes is infused with a piece of her heart and her absolute muses of music and travel. She's a San Francisco Bay Area native living in a house that sits on a bayside lagoon with her husband and t ...more